My past came back ~story. PLEASE READ!

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Thoughts so far?

Love it! Absolutely amazing.
40%
Too long
10%
Too short
3%
I don't get it.
3%
Can use some work.
17%
Boring.
3%
I accidentally clicked this. Bye.
13%
This is rubbish!
10%

Total votes : 30

My past came back ~story. PLEASE READ!

Postby wolfsong-mapleflame » Sat May 03, 2014 12:56 pm

Okay, so here is a story I have. It is about a girl called alexiandrinia harrow, (my name is Alexis/lexi btw) and she was born in the early 1800s. She is fairly rich, and I am not saying anything else, because it will ruin the story.
DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD. IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT OR ASK QUESTIONS, GO HERE
Please note; if you are religious, and take offence with people who don't believe in whatever you believe, then don't send hate main and all that. I really just can't take that right now. Anyways...
Enjoy!
~lexi

Prologue
What if you didn't follow one of their religions, didn't believe in a 'God' or any gods, but believed In a different, unique set of beliefs.
What if you knew the truth?
What if you knew what happened when you died?
I know.
Some call my beliefs are theory's, others, a cult or religion.
I call it truth.
I remember my life before this.
I remember what it is like to die.
They hunt me down, my inner daemons
But nothing can stop me now,
Now that I have found someone I can trust,
Someone who knows my story.
My name is Alexis,
And this is my story.
Last edited by wolfsong-mapleflame on Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Last edited by Cas on 2:06 AM, Tuesday edited 666 times in total.
Reason: i didn't understand that reference

Image Image
'There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers.' Richard Castle
ImageImageImageImage
wolfsong-mapleflame

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: My past came back ~story. PLEASE READ!

Postby wolfsong-mapleflame » Sat May 03, 2014 12:57 pm

Chapter 1
authors note; the language portrayed in this story has been modernized for your lingual skills. Please note that the original words were spoken in eighteen-hundreds higher class English. Thank you.

Alexis harrow
I brushed out my silky blonde hair, pulling a face at my intricately carved mirror. I pulled on a satin, ice-blue dress, lacing up the corset, puffing out the hoop skirt. I let my hair fall over my shoulders for a moment, before pulling some back into a tight, Painful bun on the top of my head. I wrapped my braid around the bun, then tightened it and held it in place with sapphire and diamond studded hair pins. I scowled at the mirror, painted red lips on a painted white face. I pulled on my long blue gloves and stomped out to mother. She was tall like me, and in a long graceful red dress. Her hair was done like mine, with rubies instead of sapphires. She rolled her hard brown eyes.
"Do at least attempt to act like a lady" she said.
I smiled and let my arms float a bit, swishing my hips.
"Is this more adequate mother?" I asked with an innocent voice. Mother sighed.
"Continue in that manner for the duration of the evening, alexiandrina."
I let my shoulders slump.
"The entire evening! Mother, you promised we would depart earlier than expected"
"And so we shall" she huffed. "Come on. Those stupid orphans should have got those beasts ready."
She was talking about our stable hands, marcus and dimitrus, the orphaned twins. They had gotten star and flash ready to pull our oaken coach. I stepped outside, holding back the urge to run to the stables and ride rose down to the creek, ripping away my ridiculous poofy dress and wearing the spare clothes I had set aside in my willow tree. Instead, I came to star and flash. Star was a beautiful white horse with dark dots on her flanks, whereas flash was a beautiful chestnut with a white flash down his face and a white nose. They tossed their heads, stamping their feet in eagerness to set off. I climbed into our velvet inlaid coach and sat in the corner, near the window. Mother climbed in after me, still complaining about our beautiful horses and our stable hands hygiene. She called out to our driver, and soon we were on our way. It was her mothers sisters (my grandmother) daughters (my aunt) sons (my cousin) birthday. Somehow, though we do not know this boy, we seem to be in amends to see this child thrice a year, on his birthday, on Christ mass, and on his mothers birthday. The coach was bumpy but I did not wish to complain. That would just make mother more partial to more drastic means of transportation. It would also lead to my horses being dismissed. Not that they were my horses, but aside from Marcus and dimitrus, I was the only one who cared for them. Mother knew how much I loved them, and that's why she (barely) tolerates them. We halted with a lurch and I peeked out of the window, seeing the large, bluestone house so alike our own that they could be considered twins. I swung myself out of the coach, followed by mother. She sniffed daintily.
"Am I presentable, mother?" I asked in mock curiosity.
"You look like a decent fifteen year old. Let's see how long it lasts" she said.
Wow, highest compliment I have got from her since my seventh birthday. We came through the doors and I put on a fake smile, before looking for a place to hide until this ordeal was complete and I could go home to rose. I found a very dark place under one of the stairwells. I hid underneath, pulling the ridiculously poofy layers of satin away. I slipped my hand in the tear I made in the skirt, and reached into the pocket I had sewn. I got out my tiny notebook and quill, then unscrewed the small lipstick case that I had filled with ink. I allowed myself a smirk. Mother thought that the sewing lesions she gave me were not working, and is allowed her to think that. That ways she wouldn't suspect I had sewn pockets in the skirts of my dresses, and ripped a small hole in the waist. It had to be small and easily concealed, because, though I had proper clothes underneath this monkey suit, it would still be very indecent to have a hole on my dress. I started writing, describing the creek.
A thin rush of water flowing over smooth blue stones. In winter, it is very thick, almost too hard to jump over, but it has a thin layer of ice frozen over the top. In spring and autumn it is usually thick enough that you have to jump over, and it is cool, rushing over my shins. It still barely reaches the top of roses hooves. In summer it is barely a trickle of water, rushing tall enough to lick at my ankles. I lay on the smooth mossy banks, only long enough for me, as the trees start. I rest my head against the trunk of the weeping willow, the willow is to big, it's leaves droop on the other side of the creek. Sometimes-
"What is that?"
A voice came from in front of me. A boy, around my age, was bending down, staring into the stairwell.
"Uh..." I stammered, hiding the notebook and quill behind me. He crouched and shuffled forwards, sitting next to me. He grinned a crocked smile and pulled something from his back pocket; a small, leather- bound notebook and quill. He reached into his jacket pocket and brought out a small, thin container of ink. I smiled. He had dark hair and slightly tanned skin, like he spends a lot of time outdoors. I laughed when he opened the ink container and scowled, seeing it empty. I held out my lipstick container and he nodded. "Thanks"
We sat there, both of us writing in silence, until I heard mother call very loud goodbyes. I stood up and, pausing to farewell the boy, I dashed back to mother. We climbed back into the coach, and my mind was filled with images of the boy. He never told me his name.
^~^~^~^~^
The coach stopped and I ran to the stables, tacking up rose. We rode down the hill with mother sighing in distaste. As we rode, the hill got steeper, before the first line of trees appeared. The trees stopped just before it was big enough to be classified as a forest. The mossy banks were soft and springy when I dropped down from the saddle and kicked off my shoes. I pulled my poof dress off, leaving a normal green dress, made of thin cloth and having a straight skirt and loose bodice. Much easier to breathe in. I lay on the moss bed, my toes dangling in the cool water. I stared up at the long, feathery leaves of the ancient willow tree. It was shady, the moss cool but not cold. The water rushed over my feet, cool but not cold. All I could hear were the sounds of the forest, insects buzzing, birds chirping, rose drinking from the creek, and the creek bubbling and running over the smooth stones. It was very peaceful. I remembered what mother had said, about having to be married soon. She had told me, 'alexiandrinia, you need to be married soon, and you will be taken away from this place. From your filthy little river, and your filthy horses. You won't be back. You'll never see any of this again, and you might be able to be a normal girl for once.' I had protested, of course, saying that I wouldn't leave my creek, or my horses, but I knew that I would be married. I was already engaged. I was engaged before my birth. I didn't know his name, and I don't think I want to.
^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Rose trotted up the hill. I rode on her back, my poof dress in my arms, watching the stars. They twinkled ahead. I wondered if there really is a god, like they believe in. Like they had tried to shove down my throat the last fifteen years. I was lucky enough to even get any education, but it wasn't worth it if that meant I would be forced into a religion that made no sense. Still. The stars were beautiful. Glowing orbs surrounded by mystery and wondering. They were just there... I sighed. Rose stopped at the stables and I put her away, feeding her a carrot. I fed star, flash and night a carrot too, and threw one in to fiery, before heading up to the house. I hung up my poof dress in my closet and went to bed, not bothering to get changed from my moss-stained yellow dress.
^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^^~^
I woke up, and raised my hand to shield my eyes from the bright light. One of the many servants mother had hired (bought) was opening the curtains, her terrier dæmon sitting in the doorway. I knew that other people couldn't see their dæmons, so I didn't comment.
"Good morning alexiandrina" she said happily.
"Mmm" I mumbled. I sat up.
"Ooh, Lexi" she chastened. "You are wearing that dress to bed again"
I looked down and groaned. So I was. "Don't tell mother" I pleaded. "It's bad enough that I spent the night at the creek. If she finds out I'm not 'dressing like a lady' she'll throw a fit"
She smiled and winked, before leaving the room. I quickly got changed to a simple green dress with a slight poof skirt, and a loose bodice. It was one of the few dresses I owned that allowed me to breathe, as the tight dresses aggravated my already rubbish lungs. I twirled around and walked our. Suddenly, I spun around and went back into my room, pulling out a pair of light green riding shoes. I walked out again. I was hoping to sneak out without being seen, but no such luck. Mother was sitting at the table, drinking tea. I sighed.
"Good morning mother?" I asked.
" 'tis" she said. "As you well know and would do well to remember, Antonine is coming for tea at noon"
Yeah, because I knew who that was.
"And I need you, if you do insist to go out, to be back before she arrives"
I rolled my eyes. "Yes, mother"
I picked up a straw basket and walked outside. I went over to rose and put on her saddle. Dimwit rush watched silently from the end stable, where he was trying to feed fiery without being bitten. I led rose out of the stables through the inside. Her hooves crunched on the hay and wheat littering the stone floor. I grabbed the riding gloves as we went past. I walked through the door, leaving rose's reins behind. I climbed onto her back and sat proudly in the saddle. I had not found one other person who was tall enough to mount rose without standing on a block first. I let out a long, shrill whistle and waited. Sure enough, two black and white shapes appeared from behind the house, Ben and splash, my two border collies. Ben, the age of thirteen stood with his head raised to me, waiting. Splash, only about a year old, was bouncing around rose's legs, yapping happily. I smiled and nudged rose.soon, rose was racing down the hill, with two black and white blurs trailing behind. I had gotten Ben when I was five. It was one of the only times I had seen mother smile for real. She had walked in, and the box she was holding was moving. Mother had smiled when a tiny, black and white head had popped out of the top and licked my chin. Ben was a show dog, bred to have a perfect look and little lifespan. He would have died a long time ago, but I didn't show him, I looked after him like a real dog, not a show dog. Splash, who I sometimes call splodge, was young and clearly not a show dog. I had found the hyperactive puppy in a lake that attached to a river, that attached to my creek. The squirming bag was floating in the lake, and I fished it out. There was a tiny, wet puppy, who was so opposite to Ben that it was hard to tell if he was even pure border collie. Her ears, mismatched, the left ear white, very small, and too low on her skull, and her right ear black, too large, and positioned high on her skull, giving her a lopsided appearance. One eye was bright blue and the other chocolate brown, and she had, as well as the black and white patches, fawn and mahogany splashes on her sides. She had small, chestnut coloured paws, and a long, feathery tail. However, when we checked the pedigree station, they said that splash was pure border collie. It took a long time to convince mother to keep her.
Rose slowed down, leaped the creek, and stopped. I slid off her back. Ben lay under the willow tree, and splash splashed in the creek. Rose trotted over to the edge of the creek and started drinking. I climbed the huge elm tree, my personal house-tree. A particular clump of branches wove into a pretty good seat, and a large knot in the trunk made for a fair storage area. I lifted away my umbrella-without-a-handle from the entrance of my knot and put my basket in. I picked up some of the dried herbs there and put them in my basket, then I put the umbrella back. I continued to climb. I almost flew up the branches, grabbing hold of the next branch, before my feet had reached the last, And kicked off with force to propel myself up. Soon I was up the top of the elm, clinging into the trunk as the branches up here were to flimsy to hold my weight. Though there was only a slight, warm breeze on the ground, up here the freezing air rushed around me, roaring in my ears and whipping my hair around. I spread my arms. It felt like I was flying. The wind caught me and I felt my feet lift, and suddenly I was flying. It felt Amazing. I grabbed a branch as I flew down, and swung myself back into the tree. I slowly climbed back down, to where splash, now wet from the creek, was jumping around the sleepy Ben. I smiled softly. I loved my life. I lay down on the moss, waiting for my heartbeat to calm. For some reason, it was harder to breathe. I calmed down, and then scooped up some water and splashed my face with it, marvelling at how cold it was this early into autumn. I stood up, stretched, and walked into the forest. A small while back, there were some blackberry bushes. I looked at how many Berries were there, quite a lot, and went back to my basket, pulling out the herbs and leaving them in the hollow. I climbed down quickly, walked back to the blackberry bush, and started picking the juicy Berries, putting them in the basket., and trying to dodge the thorns. Soon my basket was half full. I went further in and started stripping the mint bushes, taking half a basketful of mint leaves. I went back to the tree, put the berries in, and put them in a dry spot, on top of some salt so they wouldn't go mouldy when they dried. I put the mint leaves in a similar setup, taking a few and eating them. I put some dried herbs in my basket, some rosemary and sage, and a few others. I climbed back down, and looked at the sun. Not noon yet. Not even close. I put my basket back and climbed down, lying on the moss next to Ben, under the willow, and watched the clouds. I saw a horse, rearing up, and a dog too. I smiled. "It's you and rose" I told Ben softly. Splash shook herself away from us, and came over. She lay next to me, finally tired. Slowly, I drifted asleep.
dreams
I saw rose, her sleek russet pelt gleaming as she ran. She leaped into the air, and before she landed, she changed.
A small sparrow, with red-brown feathers, was flying, it's wings beating fast. It slowly dipped to the ground, changing
A tall, willowy girl with pale blue eyes and hair that shimmered a red-orange-gold, and too short for a girl, halfway down her neck. She ran weirdly, tilting slightly forward and grinning. She was wearing male servant clothes in odd colours; pale blue cotton top with a fabric badge sewn on and royal blue shorts. She leaped forward and changed
A sleek leopard, with golden fur and black spots, running with its tail streaming behind it, bounding forward with powerful strides

I woke up to rose nuzzling my legs. It was almost noon. "Come on girl" I said, swinging myself up the tree and grabbing my basket. "Let us go"
We rode up the hill slower that our descent, the two dogs trotting up beside us. When we reached the house, the dogs went back behind it, and I returned rose to the stables. Saying a quick goodbye, I dashed up to the house and went inside.
^~^~^~^~^~^~^
I stirred the dried herbs in the boiling pan of water, holding it over the fire. I pulled it away, and holding card over the edge so the herbs didn't come out, I poured the tea into a teacup, then spooned the soggy herbs into a strainer and put them back in. Finally, I slipped the tea cosy over the teapot. I smiled and brought it out to the table, where mother was talking with the new person, Antonine. I slowly pored the tea, my hand over the top of the pot. If there was one thing I could do, it was make tea. Everyone who knew anything about me knew that.
"What is it today, alexiandrinia?" Mother asked.
I smiled. "A secret"
"Naturally. Is it the same secret as last time, or the time before?" She asked, a hint of a smile playing at her lips.
"A new secret" I answered, sitting down. Antonine smiled, holding the cup in her frail, thin hands. "So how do you know each other?" I asked.
A few hours later, Antonine had left, after thanking mother many times. I smiled, waved, did all that, and then went back to rose, despite mothers futile complaints. I led rose out of the stable, and without whistling, splash and Ben were at my side. I smiled to myself. Animals, I thought, were always better than humans. They were loyal, didn't ever complain or yell at you, and were always there for you, without fail. I swung myself onto rose's back and she started trotting down the hill. I closed my eyes, feeling the wind, cold and faster than before I went inside, rushing through my long blonde hair. I shook my head and laughed out loud, to the wind and the hills and the sleek muscles of rose beneath me. The only things that existed in these moments were the rushing air, and the rocking movements of rose's trotting. Soon, I felt rose leap into the air, and I slid off her back, opening my eyes to my creek, the place I went to be alone, just me, and my animals. The problem was, there was someone there.
^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
There was chapter 1 of alexis' story. I hope you enjoyed it!

Image Image
'There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers.' Richard Castle
ImageImageImageImage
wolfsong-mapleflame

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: My past came back ~story. PLEASE READ!

Postby wolfsong-mapleflame » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:06 pm

Chapter updates.
Chapter 1 was 3,448 words.
Currently have two fans and one person who has posted on the fan club.

Last bumped by wolfsong-mapleflame on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:06 pm.

Image Image
ImageImageImageImage
wolfsong-mapleflame

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me