obscure cartoons/animation thread

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: obscure cartoons/animation thread

Postby Okabudge » Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:23 pm

grayce! wrote:does anyone hear remember the show codename: kids next door?? it was like my favorite show as a kid lol

CNKND was a great show! I loved watching it as a kiddo.

On another note, does anyone else remember Code Lyoko? It aired on Cartoon Network here in the states, although I believe it was produced in France.

budge | he/him | adult
just your average guy trying his best. i draw sometimes!
my inbox is always open if you need anything~
gallery / pets / message
sig source

Image Image Image
Okabudge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby weekday » Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:24 pm

oh man, i would love to find another Making Fiends fan!!! cartoons are absolutely my life and this show helped make me - it's one of those that a lot of people vaguely remember but don't know the name or specifics of.

another under-the-radar fave is Dan vs.! i'm in the process of watching it right now; it's SO funny. gotta love 2012 cartoon violence.
weekday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby weekday » Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:26 pm

grayce! wrote:does anyone hear remember the show codename: kids next door?? it was like my favorite show as a kid lol

YESSS i LOVE KND!!! i have my own opinions about it but for the most part it was a really fun show with some super epic in-depth world building, the likes of which i haven't really seen in other shows of that era. the level of attention it paid to its lore feels reminiscent of like, amphibia or something; a more modern cartoon that is super story-driven. you just didn't see story driven stuff quite so often in the early 2000's!
weekday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lonedonut » Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:54 am

vulpezvulpez wrote:oh man, i would love to find another Making Fiends fan!!! cartoons are absolutely my life and this show helped make me - it's one of those that a lot of people vaguely remember but don't know the name or specifics of.

another under-the-radar fave is Dan vs.! i'm in the process of watching it right now; it's SO funny. gotta love 2012 cartoon violence.

MAKING FIENDS WAS SO GOOD!!! i liked the episode where marion becomes friends with vendetta

oh btw have you seen hooray for hell? it's made by the same person and vendetta's VA has a cameo
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

"But what did I expect? You're a stupid, stupid idiot gamer like the rest."
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
◖mint◗
◖she/they/any◗
◖current robot enthusiast◗
lonedonut

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lonedonut » Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:38 am

bump

"But what did I expect? You're a stupid, stupid idiot gamer like the rest."
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
◖mint◗
◖she/they/any◗
◖current robot enthusiast◗
lonedonut

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saiun » Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:16 pm

vulpezvulpez wrote:oh man, i would love to find another Making Fiends fan!!! cartoons are absolutely my life and this show helped make me - it's one of those that a lot of people vaguely remember but don't know the name or specifics of.

Oh yeah, I enjoyed Dan Vs. too, it was a really fun time watching his ridiculous schemes unfold!
MALE / ADULT / LIFE IS WEIRD ... REALLY WEIRD
Saiun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby weekday » Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:52 pm

lonedonut wrote:

MAKING FIENDS WAS SO GOOD!!! i liked the episode where marion becomes friends with vendetta

oh btw have you seen hooray for hell? it's made by the same person and vendetta's VA has a cameo

best forum topic EVER! i haven't watched any other shows by amy winfrey!! i really should though. what's hooray for hell about?
weekday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby weekday » Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:53 pm

Saiun wrote:

Oh yeah, I enjoyed Dan Vs. too, it was a really fun time watching his ridiculous schemes unfold!

dan is like, the best character ever. funniest angriest little man ever and just radiates transmasc vibes
weekday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BALTIR » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:48 am

hope someone has seen the welcome to eltingville pilot. : [

would have fit in so well with adult swim at the time.. what a shame

On the side, anyone remember Dr.Katz professional therapist? Was my favorite show for a while next to mission hill, home movies, and Venture bros.

Animator, Character designer, CA 26’. All art on this account is mine, sig is my drawings. [ENG/ARM]
BALTIR

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Serial designation N » Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:09 pm

Anyone remember peep and the big wide world? When I was younger , it would be played at my school when nothing else was going on. We were older than the target audience,but it was one of those shows the entire school loved for some reason. Maybe it was the cute birds,but everyone loved it.
Very inactive player, I only log in to adopt pets
Serial designation N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me