Ask the Staff!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Ask the Staff!

Postby Seasonal » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:13 pm

ArcticWaterDrake wrote:To anyone: If you could have a CS pet as a real life pet, which would it be and why?

Because how cool would it be to have a poisonous dog without pupils?

Eatha wrote:
    to - anyone
    Does being a part of CS STAFF take up alot of your time?

I try to spend a few hours a day on CS, but I always try to prioritize my real life first. It definitely does take some time to thoroughly read over reports and think about what actions to take, but I don't mind.

Boneabii wrote:To anyone:

What did you do on your first day of CS?

I adopted ONE dog and put it in my signature on a Webkinz forum. That's it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nadine » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:55 pm

`pearl wrote:
      @anyone:
      do you play any instruments? c:

I did in the past, these days I don't have enough time to casually play any instruments. When I did, I started with piano, then violin, and lastly guitar. I do want to try and get a ukulele and learn how to play it once life settles down a bit.
EchoIre wrote:to anyone;
how did you find CS? what made you want to join?

I found CS on another forum, the pets and the fact that I didn't have to maintain them/they wouldn't die made me decide to join and adopt some.
Haec wrote:@ anyone,,
What’s your favourite scent?

I'm a fan of mint, it's refreshing.
Tendo64 wrote:To everyone:

Do you plan on seeing Toy Story 4?

I know it's come and passed in the theaters already, but I'm mixed on whether or not I want to see it. I feel like Toy Story 3 was a good ending to the series.
cinnabunny wrote:to anyone who designs pets:
what is it like seeing your pets around on different people's profiles? do you feel proud of how many people like your art and showcase it on their profiles?

I've only made some pets here and there, but I think it's really nice to see people like my work enough to display it or even hoard it.
Musicality wrote:If you got to choose the next non-animal UR pet what would it be?

I'd like mochi.
Eatha wrote:
    to - anyone

It depends on the workload for the day. Sometimes it can take a bit longer for me to read through reports or tickets if I'm distracted with real life things.
ArcticWaterDrake wrote:To anyone: If you could have a CS pet as a real life pet, which would it be and why?

Just because the idea of having a cat with penguin markings sounds like the cutest thing ever.

Adopted a few pets and then went mia for a few months at a time until 2010 when I became more active.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~Courageous~
discord: @captainnadine

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
cs rules | get help | free pets
dA | trades | about me

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
she/they isfj dog lover
hello, nadine here
i'm an artist who enjoys music
and other great things in life
feel free to pm me anytime!

🐉 🦌 🐼 🦠 💛
.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.
Nadine
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vampiric » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:33 am

Pretty sure I adopted pets one by one, saved each one as a bookmark in a folder in ye olde firefox, then put them in my signatures elsewhere waiting for them to grow xD
@ @ @ @ @
Vampiric
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kesidi » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:58 pm

To Anyone

Hello, I was just reading Tess's article about custom pets. And so far the only custom pet I have seen was Lilian Nightshade's so my "question" is: if you have a custom pet can you show it to us? Thank you soo much. You're all awesome.

xxxxxxxxxxxx
Kateshe/theyScorpioaroaceINTJ

last obsessed with 梦中的那片海 ❤
screaming into the void till the deadlines get me

KdramasCdramasnaturetype 5Hufflepuff

xxxxxxxxxxxx

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
Kesidi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vampiric » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:10 am

Kesidi wrote:To Anyone

Hello, I was just reading Tess's article about custom pets. And so far the only custom pet I have seen was Lilian Nightshade's so my "question" is: if you have a custom pet can you show it to us? Thank you soo much. You're all awesome.

That's what this thread is for :mrgreen:
@ @ @ @ @
Vampiric
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schuyler » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:43 pm

I adopted one of each newborn available, posted an introduction thread, and then I'm pretty sure I spent the next several hours in the free adoptions board.

Soft Sand wrote:
    To: anyone

In light of the event's theme, what is your favorite mythical creature?

I love pretty much anything that's all- or part-bird, so pegasi, griffins, phoenixes, hippogriffs, rocs, etc. I've also always been a fan of the good ol' classic dragon. :D

`pearl wrote:
      @anyone:
      do you play any instruments? c:

I "play" piano and sort of drums, and over the years I've learned a bit of guitar, trombone, trumpet, and recorder, too. But "play" in parenthesis because I know how to read music and which note is which (at least on piano; I'd need a refresher for the others), and I can manage simple tunes without too much trouble as long as I have the sheet music to look at, but I wouldn't consider myself a serious musician with any instrument.

I also really want to play violin because it's my favorite instrument, and my mom actually got me one for Christmas last year, but I've been having trouble motivating myself to sit down and practice, so I don't exactly know how to do anything with it yet ... ^^"
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
...............ImageImage
Schuyler
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:44 pm

Do you guys have any customs? If so, I wanna hear some backstory :> I've seen many customs but don't really know the inspiration and what you did to earn it :P

lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    if you're happy where you are
    then you need not look too far
    if you've found your place at last
    then you need not use the looking glass
    -;; bubble puppy

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schuyler » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:07 pm

sugar free. wrote:Do you guys have any customs? If so, I wanna hear some backstory :> I've seen many customs but don't really know the inspiration and what you did to earn it :P

Pet's name: Äðwchrámhḿ

This boy is the main deity for a fictional species I've been developing, but I haven't worked out many of the details yet, so I'm afraid I can't tell you much more than that right now -- my general idea is that the society has a myth that there was once a terrible winter causing everything alive and beauty to perish and Äðwchrámhḿ did [something] to end it. In doing so, he gained magical powers and immortality, becoming the spirit of warmth, sunlight, fire, and ultimately life.

... As you can see, I have a lot still to figure out, lol. The species itself supposed to be a highly intelligent and civilized cross between a dinosaur and an eagle; you can read some of my brainstorming about them here if you like. Äðwchrámhḿ roughly means "one bearing or embodying everlasting fire/soul/life force" in their language.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
...............ImageImage
Schuyler
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pyroklutz » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:11 am

to anyone: what,s the most interesting trade you,ve ever gotten (and are willing to share/talk about)?
i,d imagine you guys must get quite a few trades!
2763 | any pronouns | pokemon enjoyer
pyroklutz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeena » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:59 pm

Musicality wrote:If you got to choose the next non-animal UR pet what would it be?

I would want a succulent UR pet, I think that would be so cute!

Soft Sand wrote:
    To: anyone

In light of the event's theme, what is your favorite mythical creature?

I really like gryphons and phoenixes. Gryphons because they're pretty neat (plus being part lion is awesome), and phoenixes because I like the idea of them being reborn from their ashes after bursting into flames. ^^

DrinaLestrange wrote:If you could make any species lf animal into an adoptable pet, what would it be and why?
For me, it'd have to be a sloth because they are so cute and slow lol

I'd probably pick a sea turtle, I think there could be some cool designs on their shells.

Eatha wrote:
    to - anyone

It can, depends on the time of year I think. For example when we have our events running (especially Dec. 18th) then things can get a bit wild and there's a lot more work to do. For the most part it doesn't take up too much time, though every now and then some reports are a bit crazy and you really need to sit down and read through everything.

Pretty sure I adopted as many pets as I could and wondered why they weren't growing immediately. I also checked out the free adoptions forum to see what other cool pets I could get, and was sad to learn you couldn't breed your own pets together. xD

sugar free. wrote:Do you guys have any customs? If so, I wanna hear some backstory :> I've seen many customs but don't really know the inspiration and what you did to earn it :P

I just got my custom recently, but this is Kali! <3
Her backstory is a bit long, but basically the name came from a character I created for a story I was writing years ago. I did finish the story but it was pretty awful since I was a young kid writing it at the time. I then got quite busy running an African-themed roleplay website where I used the name and made an African wild dog character. She still has hints of her character from the story such as the heart shape on her chest and the spotted legs.
Her actual character backstory is long and in the process of being written up, but if you're curious you can keep tabs on her toyhouse page here, for when I do eventually fill it all out. c:

neocricket wrote:
to anyone: what,s the most interesting trade you,ve ever gotten (and are willing to share/talk about)?
i,d imagine you guys must get quite a few trades!

I don't have one in particular, but I think the most interesting ones are when I go all the way back in my trade history to the very beginning, and cringe at all the awful trades I sent and accepted. xD

.....Need help?About Me
Zeena
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me