Need help setting up an art competition

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Need help setting up an art competition

Postby Ava Ire » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:55 am

So I'm not really part of the art community here at all but I need some art, so I'm considering setting up a competition.
I'm not quite sure whether it's even a good idea though, or how exactly I should do it. I also considered posting a request but I'd rather have several options to choose from and I'm not really that attached to my pets, so I wouldn't mind giving out several prizes.
I looked into the "Art Competitions" thread and saw that it's really only about drawing OCs. What I have in mind is pretty different though and now I have doubts about whether doing this would even have any point here. Also, I have no idea what prizes would be appropriate.
I'd be really thankful if someone who has more experience in the art community here could help me a little and answer some of my questions! (:
Ava Ire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Need help setting up an art competition

Postby Burrito Bunny » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:57 am

It would be hard to say without hearing more about what you are looking for c:
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ava Ire » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:04 am

Burrito Bunny wrote:It would be hard to say without hearing more about what you are looking for c:

Oh well, that makes sense.^^ Basically, I found this symbol thingy and would like to get it as a tattoo. But I'm sure that a bazillion people already have that too, so I want to individualise it a bit. Unfortunately, I myself have absolutely no talent in that field and I'm not even sure what you could do with it. CS came into my mind because I know there's a lot of artsy people here and I have stuff to reward them with, so I thought maybe I could find some inspiration here, or even something that I would actually get as a tattoo, who knows.
Ava Ire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ava Ire » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:36 pm

bump
Ava Ire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:31 am

Having a tattoo design competition is completely fine! I know I've seen a few throughout my time here on CS, though OC drawing competitions are more popular. Most competitions offer several prizes instead of just choosing one winner; just make sure you directly link to the pets you are offering for each place. For prize examples you can definitely check out other competitions to see what people are offering for prizes; there is quite a wide variety and I've found people will enter at many prize levels.
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ava Ire » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:15 am

Lacuna wrote:
    Having a tattoo design competition is completely fine! I know I've seen a few throughout my time here on CS, though OC drawing competitions are more popular. Most competitions offer several prizes instead of just choosing one winner; just make sure you directly link to the pets you are offering for each place. For prize examples you can definitely check out other competitions to see what people are offering for prizes; there is quite a wide variety and I've found people will enter at many prize levels.

Thanks, that's very helpful!
Ava Ire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me