The Rarity Trade Guide

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: The Rarity Trade Guide // **UR/STORE PET POLL**

Postby Sinbreaker » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:45 am

@Zetirian

I like the group idea, anything that breaks it up enough that it's not just one giant clump because that isn't really helpful in the long run,

@Solloby

If we waited for numbers and used that data then there is nothing that separates this thread from the Rarity List. The idea of this thread is to keep numbers out of it so it's not so strict and absolute.
XXXXXWe are all just stories in the end,
XXXXXXXSo make it a good one

X X FlightRising XPM Help
╔════════════════╗
Human, I wonder why
You're a better make then I
Could ever build or create.
You know of Love, I of Hate.
©

╚════════════════╝

A special thanks to my good friend DredgeTH and Sevil-S for drawing one of my characters each, who you will see rotate in and out of my signature.
Sinbreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taro_Queen » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:57 am

Oof been away from this thread for a couple days, love the ideas so far!
ImageImage
Trades | Adult | She/Her |
Taro_Queen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:11 pm

I like those groupings Zetirian c:

Dates still matter heavily for 2008 because when the site first started it didn't have many players, and many older users are no longer active. The number of pets adopted in July compared to August was significantly less, just check early pet IDs to see.

With the new rarity change though, this is actually better reflected now as even the less rare July 08 outcomes are now OMGSR.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:27 pm

I also agree with Zetirian regarding the tiers, lest it risks eventually becoming the rares list all over again otherwise. And also brings me back to my concerns over the whole "climbing up the tiers" thing. Sorry if i sound like a broken record about that, just thinking about those of us who would have to do a lot of trading up to get to those pets. I'm also liking those grouping ideas that Zetirian came up with. c:
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:40 pm

The problem I see with Zetirian's 5 year + OMGSR group suggestion is that because URs don't work like normal release pets having groups based on the pets being OMGSR for 5 + years means any from 2014 and newer would be automatically excluded from the most valuable group. But, apart from the Bengal, all those pets have been steadily OMGSR since their release so for all we they know could actually be rarer than the older URs. I just don't really think you can use age as a judgment with URs in the same way you can with normal release pets.

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
Solloby wrote:That doesn't work for URs though, as URs are only released in rereleases so new bananas and foxes are released each year. Age of release is only relevant for pets whose primary supply was their initial release afaik.

So saying a July 08 is likely rarer than an August 08 is perfectly logical, but saying an older UR is rarer than a newer UR isn't necessarily correct. For URs we just don't know :/

Then by that should we group UR Flower, UR Ice Cat, UR Lion, UR Cucumber together
The Apple, 09 Dog, UR Purple Horse and Cookie together
And everything else together?

I definitely think the UR Lion and UR Cucumber, which both only just went back up from VR, should be lower than the pets that were OMGSR before the rarity update. And since the UR Cookie has been OMGSR in the past, whereas the Apple, 09 Dog and UR Purple Horse never have been, I think it should be higher than them.

Going off what we know rarity change wise I personally envision something like this:

UR Banana = UR BFW = UR Mint Horse = 08 UR Cat = UR Tiger = UR Rat = UR Grapes = UR Bee = UR Phoenix = UR Holly Dog = UR Pineapple = UR Foal = UR Peach = UR Cinnabun = UR Zonkey = UR Peas = UR Fox = * UR Strawberry = * UR Galaxy Cat
---
* UR Malk
---
UR Bengal
---
UR Lion = UR Cucumber = UR Flowerpot
---
UR Ice Cat
--
UR Cookie
---
09 UR Dog = UR Apple = UR Purple Tess Horse

The ones I'm not sure about are:
* the UR Malk, since it's been steadily OMGSR as long as the Zonkey and Cinnabun it is likely worth the same as any from Dec 2016 onwards so should it be up with the top group?
* the UR Strawberry and Galaxy Cat, since they only got their rarities at the same time as the rarity overhaul it would be assuming they would have gone OMGSR even without the overhaul.

The Bengal turned before the overhaul so is above the others that turned recently and the Ice Cat had never been OMGSR before the overhaul so is below the ones which had.

Of course dividing the URs up like this is making a lot of assumptions, for all we know with the recent re-release all the OMGSR URs could now be as equal in numbers as it's possible for them to be.

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goostarion » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:34 pm

I agree with that Rascal. Thank you for bringing that up because I didn’t think it would be brought up in depth.

I read this earlier and I thought about it while at work tonight, because it makes the UR’s illegible. It could be broken up for a 3 year group and a 5 year group maybe? Maybe? I am in a real habit of throwing out numbers haha.

As a tangent, It’s probably really bad of an idea to do, throw out numbers that is, but I hope that having a guess at least leads to some sort of progression. Getting back on topic.

As long as it isn’t many tiers, that’s my aim at the idea, since that was a common complaint of the rares list. That was where the idea originated from. I liked Sin’s idea and it’s origins, but couldn’t help but see “Tiers” again. (I am sorry I’m not using your other name at the moment, I cannot remember how to spell it and on mobile I can’t move the screen to see it’s spelling so I don’t want to horribly butcher it :’( )

So thats where that idea came from.

As for the worth, I think the date between the two could work out in a way. It means that the worth of those who have been OMGSR for 3 years are worth a little bit less to the 5 year pets (again just numbers you could use 4 and 6 or 1 and 7 if you wanted to) to indicate that the gap isn’t that big. Like you could literally say the gap was maybe 4-6 09 VR’s and it doesn’t mean much between both, it means that this pet is OMGSR for longer and it has the potential Togo up in rarity as long as it doesn’t go down during that time due to a rerelease. Because that’s mainly where things go different. Rereleases.
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:53 pm

just thought i would check in to see how things are going with it so far, been a bit quiet over here lately. c:
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:22 pm

Havent really been following the discussion, ive had a busy time... but i just want to throw this in.
With URs you cant justlook at age and development (omgsr, vr and switches).
If it used to be vr a few years ago and the ur galaxy cat was omgsr from start, does that make the cat more rare? We cant tell, we dont know how many were released. We do know they release more in the first year than the following years.
If a pet is 5 years old it doesnt mean it more rare than a 7 year old.
Logocly we say the stable omgsr pets are rarest, switching in the middle and the vrs bottom. But how can that theory survive the big rarity update?
I dont think we can just throw the so-many-years-old higer than others.

I also never liked the august pps lion discusion. It was vr, but people always yelled it wasnt rare enough to be on the list. But how do they know? Did they count them? Maybe they are more rare than we think.
Not opening the lion discussion, i just want to point out that we easily judge whild cs date can really surprise us.
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mozzy. » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:37 pm

I haven't had time since restarting Uni sadly, but I can see the flaws in the UR placements. We can't truly say the UR Galaxy is as rare as the UR Foal for example, however, I do think that there are some cane can say are rarer than the rest; the Banana, B-Wolf and Sitting Cat for examples of those. The B-Wolf & Banana were the very first omgsr pets in the game.

I hope that we can come up with as close to the true rarities as possible with our knowledge on the URs.

----------

As for the August PPS, I can say that since it's been vr upon release it should be up for discussion to be placed, adding to the fact it was originally released in 2012 which was within the winning poll options for pet dates.
moz | female | aedt | mozzy#1556
Mozzy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mozzy. » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:44 pm

Hello all! Sinbreaker has transferred the thread to me so I hope I can keep up to the standard she had before.
I think the poll has run enough, we've got just over 400 votes which is amazing for such a small thread. Next is focusing on how we're actually going to place the URs and Store pets alongside the Regular release pets. I'll go back through the last few pages of discussion and edit/make another post with all the suggestions and we can move from there.

Hope to have another poll up about it by the end of the month.

Thank you all for your hard work and input!
moz | female | aedt | mozzy#1556
Mozzy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me