Postby SilentMelody » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:21 am

name(s): christopher jackson or cj || gender: male

christopher jackson/cj suffers from dissociative identity disorder, also known as multiple personality disorder.

christopher jackson (usually just known as christopher or chris), is a fashion designer. he's seen as always bubbly and cheerful, which always brings lots of customers in. no matter what, he always has a smile on his face and a positive outlook of the world.

on the other hand, cj (the other personality) is quite the opposite -- he's a solemn and depressive musician. luckily, not very many people know cj or have met him because he's introverted and tends to shut himself off from the world.

although, the two fight together a lot. they both long to live their own lives, but it's not that easy or very possible while remaining in only one body.

to anyone who has gotten dangerously close to christopher, they later catch a glimpse of cj and how the two personalities can counteract against each other. it's not a pretty sight.

christopher used to live blissfully without this other person inside him. cj was first an imaginary friend, and a happy one at that. but as chris grew up, the image became twisted and gnarled. cj changed into his own person and eventually came to live inside christopher too.
Last edited by SilentMelody on Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay on cs

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Staff Kalon #25 -- Sand Tones

Postby cyrevan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:50 am

Image Image

In all of my years of living, I had never set foot outside this city. Everything I needed was right here, so I didn’t mind. This was my home, and I had never longed for anything else.

Until, all of a sudden, I did.

It started out with a dream.
I was standing toe deep in a pool of crystal blue water, unlike any water I had ever seen in the city. I could feel sand beneath my feet, and although I generally did not enjoy the feeling of sand between my toes, the way this sand flowed around my feet was rather relaxing. Upon the shore were a few tall plants; I recognized them as palm trees from the intricate painting my mother used to have hung above her bed. Past the trees was an ocean of sand, a vast expanse of yellow hills that never seemed to end. Tentatively, I picked up my paw and began to walk. Clouds of dust billowed under my paws, turning the perfect water slightly gray as I approached the shore. A slight wind rustled through the massive leaves of the palms up above, and suddenly, the sand upon the dunes began to lift off, spiraling around in the air like pixie dust.
I began to take another step, when suddenly, I was lifted from my dream.

After about a day, I had forgotten the dream. It didn’t seem important compared to everything else going on in my life, and soon enough, I fell back into the same routine as always. Wake, eat, work, and sleep. Nothing more to it.
Maybe a month later, the dream came back. I was standing upon the shore, in the same place I had left off at last time. The sand was swirling around in the air, just like it was in my first dream. Everything was the same… Except one thing.
This time, there was someone on the other side of the oasis. I couldn’t quite make out their features from this distance, but I didn’t need to, because sure enough the figure began wading towards me through the shallow water.
I tried to say something, but my voice was stuck in my throat. The figure kept coming closer, until I could make out some of the details. It was not a Kalon like me, but a creature I had never seen before. It had a beak like a bird and large wings, but walked upon four paws and was covered with fur. I racked my brain for information, but I could not figure out what it was.
The mysterious creature reached the shore, and we made eye contact. “It’s time to wander.” The figure said, with a strong, silky accent unlike any I had ever heard before.
Then, it scrawled a few numbers in the sand.
It opened its mouth to speak again, but a loud sound interrupted the scene and my body jolted awake.
6 AM. Time to get up.

That time, I did not forget the dream. It all seemed too real for that, and it consumed my thoughts. Even the numbers the being had written in the sand remained in my brain.
After work a few days later, I went to the library to research. After some difficulties, I finally found what I was looking for: a mythical creature called a gryphon.
I had never heard of such a thing before, but yet, the one in my dream was so accurate to the detailed illustrations upon the faded pages.
A large beak, a heavyset body, thick fur, and wings. Just like in the dream.
As I was flipping through the book, I noticed something on the last page: a small faded sticky note. Thin blue letters were scrawled upon it, and peering closer at it, I could make out what it said.
“We’re waiting. 59.20.11.”

It was those numbers again. I sat there for a moment, and then it hit me.
They were coordinates.
And I needed to follow them.

690/700
Last edited by cyrevan on Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:24 am, edited 5 times in total.
cyrevan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rustyroxy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:19 am

Res

roxy
he/they
my kalons
pms are open
rustyroxy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✧ airplane. » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:15 am

---

Reminder this ends tonight.
I can give an extension if multiple people need it.

---
[ Red he/they queer tired ]
artist + owner of kalons // firestarter#0687
too much coffee & not enough sleep ✦ an ding peak lord

"my king—!"

[ Kalons TH ] [ Adopts TH ]
x
x

✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sillies » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:59 pm

id love a one or two day extension if possible ! I just need to finish my writing and an art piece !
sillies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✧ airplane. » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:27 pm

---

I received a few PMs about this too, so I'll be extending this comp!

The new end date is
November 13th, 2017 @ 11:59 PM EST

---

"my king—!"

x
x

✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Off the Hook » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:22 pm

sand. that's all she could remember. why can't she remember anything else? she couldn't even remember her own name. she could only remember what was around her when she opened her eyes. eyes... she felt like eyes were important. well of course eyes are important, they let you see the world around you. but some people are blind. blind. what's it like to be blind? well, all you'd see is darkness. she knows that would be very dull. dull... her colors were dull, just like the sand around her body.
she kept thinking about these thoughts, one idea causing another string of ideas. but she remembered something from her mindless thoughts. eyes. every time she had a string of thoughts, it'd come back to eyes. just... why?
(might add onto this, but it's just an idea that she doesn't remember who she is, but if i do end up with her, over time i'll add more to her like she's slowly recovering her memory.)

"Let's wake the sleepin'
    giants with our sloppy
    sonic science!"
Off the Hook

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyrevan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:23 am

small bump if that's okay! it ends today right?
ImageImage
cyrus // they/it // artist & fursuit maker // kalons
credit my toyhouse for art and designs!
fullbody + headshot credit

Trade me for free pets!
cyrevan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✧ airplane. » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:56 am

BreezeParadox wrote:small bump if that's okay! it ends today right?

Yes! This comp ends tonight around midnight EST!

"my king—!"

x
x

✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Micki. » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:58 pm

xxxx
    { xᴛᴀʟɪᴀ • ғᴇᴍᴀʟᴇx }xxxx Imagexxxx

Everything went black.

A man sat across from Talia, worry etched deep into his face as the two of them waited in the dark. It felt like the candle had gone out a century ago and his breathing reflected his anxiety. Talia reached out to touch the man's hand reassuringly and he thought that he caught a glimpse of her warm eyes, even in the dark.

Suddenly the room was re-illuminated, the candle flame flicking back into existence. Without a word, the young woman opened a jar set out on the table. She took a fist full of what looked to be just sand and spread it before them, making the man furrow his brows in confusion. How could sand possibly have anything to do with communicating with the dead? Unaware of his skepticism, Talia continued about the ritual with a sort of controlled fervor. It gave him a sense of ease watching her effortlessly draw symbols in the sand, all with a sort of aura of warmth and passion. Aura? Half an hour with her and already she was turning him into some sort of spiritual nut, but he supposed that was the sort of effect she had on most people.

Talia placed small stones and crystals at various points on the symbols before finally offering her hands to the man. "Now?" he breathed, before clasping Talia's hands tightly in his own. She seemed to move her mouth as though to speak, leaving him straining in an unsuccessful attempt to hear any words. Without further warning a thick fog filled the room, whispers carrying in the gusts of strong wind that came with it. The whispers, he realized with a shock, were his deceased wife's words. Even more shocking was the figure that appeared before him. It was hard to see though the fog, but it was unmistakably his wife.

He left through a curtain of shimmering beads an hour or so later, another skeptical customer turned believer. There were no doubts in his mind that Talia really was gifted with some sort of abilities and that he had spoken with his wife from beyond the grave. Everything he had heard about her was true.

---

A few years ago, Talia went on a journey of self-discovery in a far away desert and discovered an ancient temple and a book of ancient witchcraft. She has been using the spells to help her run a psychic business ever since, mostly communicating with the dead and making protection and cleansing items for others. Her motives are simply helping others, especially helping ease the grief that comes with the loss of loved ones, not greed as some may assume. She also sells candles, generally with some sort of spells attached to them. Her cleansing and soothing candles are the most popular. The spells only work if she uses sand from the temple, though, so she has to go back to the desert and stock up on the sand every so often to be able to continue her witchcraft. A lot of the spells need speaking to be cast, but she's found a way around that by writing (the same ancient language as in the witchcraft book) in the sand instead.

---

rarely speaks, but often moves her mouth as though talking. obsessed with succulents and plants, has a massive collection of various plants. loves making candles, hand-carves them very elaborately. loves to make terrariums, fairy gardens, etc. likes to read, especially fond of nonfiction books. loves history, especially ancient cultures. really likes studying, basically studies everything she can find an excuse to. constantly reading witchcraft and magic related books. likes dim lighting, very sensitive to sunlight. afraid of a lot of large animals, but adores most reptiles. driven by her emotions and heart. sensitive, takes criticism and harsh words to heart, feels everything very deeply. smiles a lot, generally happy and pleasant.

great big good luck to everyone in the competition, and gl judging this red !! <:
xxxx
    x
    Micki • she / her • slytherin • shy n stressed
    young adult • college student • EST timezone

BLM donation adopts !!

sig forever a wip bc lazy
Micki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes