What Holiday Traditions Do You Have/Celebrate?

Re: What Holiday Traditions Do You Have/Celebrate?

Postby Melancholeh » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:25 am

Something my mom told me one of her friends thanksgiving traditions were: destination thanksgiving. You, your family and maybe some friends as well go out to a vacation spot whether it be a beach house or a cabin in the woods for the week of thanksgiving. Everyday the men take turns cooking breakfast for the women and the women making dinner for the men. On thanksgiving day the women make the breakfast and the men make the dinner. Everyday is a feast and a relaxing vacation to give thanks for all that you have!
Oliver ~ He/him ~ 20
Please don’t ask to trade if what you want isn’t in my “duplicates/trades” group ty <3
Melancholeh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TaeinRains » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:48 pm

Cinnabons on Christmas
TaeinRains

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby envess » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:17 am

🎄 Interesting facts about winter holidays in my country (Ukraine) Image

• Christmas is celebrated mainly on January 7 (though December 25th became a day off only since 2017). Maybe you can release some items on January 7 for Orthodox CS users?~ that can be our traditional Christmas food, look up "Orthodox Christmas: 12 dishes"~

• New Year is much more popular than Christmas. i bet New Year is the biggest celebration of the year to us! It's a full cozy family-at-home holiday!

• Christmas here remains a 100% religious celebration, really religious. It doesn't have presents or any other fun. Personally I'm not religious, so I don't celebrate it either Dec 25 or Jan 7.
I heard in Western countries Christmas isn't religious only?

• New Year is the time when we get a spruce tree (you call it a Christmas tree, we call it a New Year Spruce), decorate it with toys, collecting presents under it. Also listening to New Year songs, watching festive movies, holiday tv specials of our shows and concerts~ We don't sleep that night, whole family gathers around a table with lots of tasty food and waits for the midnight! Then we exchange gifts~ After it we party! As it's the only night when we can burst music without bothering neighbours - cause they party too! Also fireworks! Love them so much!

Also we have a 'holiday' called Old New Year (January 14) It exists only because Christmas should be earlier than New Year, and that's it. It's not celebrated much, so it remains just a nostalgic date~

I'd love to hear about your countrys celebrations! I'm sure they're really~ different from our traditions :) PM me if you'd like to talk about them~ Mostly I'd like to hear about how Christmas differs from New Year in your country^^
envess

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PurrfectKitties » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:00 pm

Read the Bible. Set cookies out
PurrfectKitties

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kage983 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:39 pm

We celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas
Greetings! I am the local cryptid that dwells in alleyways, dumpsters, abandoned buildings, and the void.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Check out my eggs n' dragons (https://dragcave.net/user/Kage983)
(Kage)(She/her, but any pronouns are fine, too)
I'm Autistic and I love video games, art, music, and mythology (especially Japanese mythology)
I also happen to enjoy prowling the internet
What will you do with a drunken whaler?
Kage983

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CougarTears » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:14 pm

Spring Festival usually celebrated on the new moon but we celebrate April 6

Cherokee National Holiday celebrates the signing of the Cherokee Nation Constitution in 1839, celebrated on labor day weekend.

Fall Harvest Festival celebrated October, usually during the Hunter'smoon phase but we celebrate on the last Saturday of the month

Festival of lights celebrated November 25 - January 1
CougarTears

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurelliaus » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:20 am

I only celebrate Christmas and birthdays... only holidays I think that you can truly personalise presents for someone. And to me, they're the only ones that matter.
https://toyhou.se/Aurelliaus
I have Discord as well. Trying to get back into art.
Aurelliaus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schinken » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:33 am

Simon wrote:We want to know what holidays you celebrate and what holiday traditions are important in your family or culture! Your answers might inspire some new designs/item sets for the holiday season!

I celebrate Christmas! I love driving around to look at Christmas lights at night! My family likes to watch Elf and bake and decorate sugar cookies(and I eat way too many of course)! Hot cocoa (and for me with the mini-marshmallows included) is a must-have!

Just as an interesting idea, I would love to see designs based on the pandemic Christmas and holidays since we're not out of the woods yet! Maybe a computer with holiday-themed items on the screen, more pajamas and/or sweat pants as dorky accessories for our animals, extra tired eyes, chubbier than normal animals, cups and cups of coffee...etc. etc. etc.

I just see so much potential and how y'all could approach this year!
Schinken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KrillTakoyaki » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:51 am

I mostly celebrate Christmas and Hogmany, which is the Scottish version of Christmas :> I'd say our christmas traditions are pretty boring, although we do have one small tradition in our house.

Every Christmas Eve, the family gathers together to open their present. It's the same present every year: a set of cosy pyjamas, a mug, and a pack of hot chocolate :D So we can all sit together and share a warm drink before bed, cosy in front of the fire <3

Not many people do the traditional Hogmany stuff anymore, but we have something called "first footing" where the first person to cross your house's threshold after midnight on New Year's Day will bring you good fortune for the year. Dark-haired men are said to bring the most luck, while anyone with fair hair was considered unlucky (maybe because it brings back memories of viking invaders from so long ago?). People will offer whisky or shortbread to the household they visit and in the past you would get coal to warm your hearth and keep you cosy and safe throughout the long winter :)

We also like to cross hands with one another at the stroke of midnight, and sing Auld Lang Syne together.
xImage
┌───────┐

🪻Charlie 🪻

🪻They 🪻

🪻Adult 🪻

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

└───────┘

𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘻𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦.
𝘚𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘧𝘵 𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘧𝘳𝘶𝘪𝘵.
𝘓𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥: 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩.
𝘈𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦.
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘯𝘰𝘸.

ImageImageImageImageImage

┌───────┐

└───────┘
xImage
KrillTakoyaki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lumiloo » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:40 am

I am Jewish, so my family celebrates Hannukah! Latkes and applesauce are key, as is playing dreidel and winning as much gelt as you can (and then subsequently eating yourself into a chocolate coma).

Jewish holidays also all start at sundown, so for each of the eight days we have to wait patiently until evening until beginning festivities.
black lives matter

lumiloo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me