Create-A-Parliament V.1 ::REBOOT::

Just a little fun for when you have time to kill

Create-A-Parliament V.1 ::REBOOT::

Postby vampiress_fox » Mon May 04, 2020 1:35 pm

CREATE A PARLIAMENT

Fanclub :: RP Thread

Centuries after Soren and his band came to the Great Tree, after Coryn turned his back on the Pure Ones and became King, after many battles were fought and won, The Great Tree of Ga‘Hoole still stands. Since those long ago times, even more kingdoms and settlements of owls have begun to emerge into the light of the world, and they each have their own sets of rules, laws, and owls that inhabit each. The owl world keeps growing, and it needs your help for that growth to continue. Will you help them? Create your own Parliament, settle into your own Kingdom, and make a great name for yourself in the history of this new world!

HAGSMIRE
    Nachtmagen: [ Banned ]
    None so far, let's hope it stays this way
    Username | Ban Length
    Username | Ban Length
    Username | Ban Length

Hagsfiends: [ Warnings ]
    None so far, let's hope it stays this way
    Username | Warning No.
    Username | Warning No.
    Username | Warning No.
      GLAUMORA
      Glaux: [ Owner ]
      vampiress_fox | Kingdom of Ga’Hoole

Glauxa: [ Co-Owners ]

Hengleens: [ Mods ]
      None For Now

Skrooms: [ Mini-Mod ]
      None For Now

wordy
    wordy
    wordy
    wordy
    wordy
    wordy
    wordy
    wordy
    wordy
    wordy
    wordy
    wordy
    wordy
    wordy
    RULES
    1) Follow all the Chickensmoothie rules.
    2) This thread is made with permission and based off of an original idea. Do not under any circumstances try to copy or make a game like this. It's an original idea
    made by Kaden who passed it down to Katrione. Based heavily off of the Ga’Hoole series by Katheryn Lasky.
    3) I will remake this game at 400 pages.
    4) Please use proper grammar and punctuation and do not use text talk at all. All images must be "free to use" images, or descriptions of what your owl looks like. If you are using copyrighted images then you will be warned, penalized, possibly banned, and be suject to punishment from site moderators as well. This goes for Moderators of this thread when doing responses as well as particapants.
    5) Be kind and respectful to both me and other members at all times.
    6) Do not repost your post unless it has been skipped over by a mod. It gets annoying and clutters the thread.
    7) Do not Mini Mod unless you are the co-owner or mod
    8) Please PM me if you are confused or if you have any questions.
    9) No begging for new owls/herbs/allies/enemies
    10) Make sure to have fun! :)
    11) Because I know things might get slightly weird, the list of illnesses and herbs that will be used will be from Erin Hunter‘s Warrior Cats series because I cannot find a list for the actual Ga‘Hoole series and do not feel like making a list of my own. Also, you will be making a parliament, but your territory will be called a Kingdom.
    12) Also, though this is not a rule, I have reserved The Guadians of Ga'Hoole for my kingdom, I just do not have an additional mod to be replying to myself, so I request that anything dealing directly with the Great Ga'Hoole Tree is not used, but any of the other kingdoms from the book may be used as a base, just do not infringe on any copyright laws. Using the kingdoms from the book as a model is fine, but do not use any characters or events directly from the books.

*BIG NOTE: I will be taking a second look and revamping things once I hit ten or more active parliaments.*

ACTIVE "CREATE-A-???" GAMES
Create-A-Clan :: Create-A-Tribe :: Create-A-Fellowship :: Create-A-Kennel :: Create-A-Village :: Throne of Death

SEMI-ACTIVE "CREATE-A-???" GAMES
Create-A-Bevy :: Create-A-Sled Dog Team

INACTIVE "CREATE-A-???" GAMES
Create-A-Pack :: Create-A-Herd :: Create-A-Flight :: Legend of the Canine
Last edited by vampiress_fox on Sun May 17, 2020 3:16 pm, edited 16 times in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
All Things Serve The Beam
Create-A-Parliament~Depository~My Raiders
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
~ Coding
xxxxxxxxxxx
vampiress_fox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

PLAY DETAILS

Postby vampiress_fox » Mon May 04, 2020 1:41 pm

HOW TO PLAY
    Starting Off If it is your first time posting, you must tell me about your parliament and what region of the game you live in, details on regions can be found here. You can describe things like your parliament's name, nature, reputation, territory and personalities are good. These things help us decide on what your first owl, the King, will look like! We will quote your post with a picture of your first owl and they will be the owl who is the foundation of your parliament. You can decide on things like the King’s name, age and gender. Because of there being so many owl species, I am going to make a list of the common owl types that will be featured in this game. If you are restarting with a new parliament, you are allowed to transfer five owls from your old parliament. Then you can chose to let other players adopt the remaining owls or just let them spread to the winds. Please PM me before you restart. I am planning on making other, more rare, owl species available eventually through raffles and other events.

Getting More Owls Your parliament will start off small and you will have to build up it's population. You have two options for finding owls: patrols and sending your King to the Aurora Glaucora. You are only able to send your King to the Aurora Glaucora once a week and they can ask Glaux for a new owl; you can ask for a specific ranked owl or we will give you one at random. You will be able to pick their name, gender and age as well.

PatrolsFor your first five posts, you will not be penalized for sending owls out on multiple patrols in one post, so that you can build your ranks up. However, after those five posts, if you send an owl out on multiple patrols in one post they will be more susceptible to getting hurt or sick. You are able to send up to 6 owls out on a patrol at one time, and you can only send out 4 patrols to start out with. You can send out an additional patrol for each 25 owls you get beyond your first 25. There are only a few things that can happen on patrols: you can find prey, which will keep your parliament safe from any attacks for 12 hours; you can chase off a threat, which will also keep your parliament safe for 12 hours; you can find a new owl at the border (however the further along your clan gets the less likely this is to happen), you will usually only find warriors and apprentices but you will sometimes find owlets at the border if you have Broodies available; and you can find a King of a rival parliament that will ask for an alliance that you can accept, ignore or even decide on becoming enemies.

New Ranks Whenever you have an owl old enough to move onto the next rank (6 moons- owlet to Junior, 12-16 moons- Junior to Warrior/Hunter) you can send your king to the Aurora Glaucora to tell Glaux of your decision to do a ceremony. If you want a specific name for your apprentice when they become a warrior, you will need to include that name in the post or I will choose one for you. You must also do this when promoting an owl to Warden, or retiring an owl to become an elder.

Healing/Herbs When you find your Matron, you will have the option to choose 5 herbs to start off your medical storage. When you send your Matron out to find herbs, you can only find 2 every patrol the Matron takes to find herbs. Once your Matron gets an apprentice, you will be able to find 3 on one patrol. You store your herbs in the medicine store and they can be used to heal sick or injured owls

Mentors/Training You will be the one to assign a certain Mentor to a certain Junior. Before your Junior is allowed to become a Warrior/Hunter, they must complete 4 training sessions and they must be at least 12 moons old. Your Junior learns a new 'move' during each training session. You can send your matron’s apprentice to train with the Warrior/Hunter Juniors but it isn't a requirement for them.

Aging/Death You must age your owls up 1 moon every post that you post. If in one post, you had an apprentice who was 8 moons, then in the next post you would make that apprentice would be 9 moons. In this game, there are 5 possible ways for your owl to die; being born stillborn (or, in this case, an unfertilized egg), old age, being attacked severally by a dangerous animal/another owl, Broodies can die having eggs, and not having your injuries treated within 2 days of them getting injured and/or sick.

Alliances If you meet a neighboring parliament while on patrol, you can choose to become their ally. Ally parliaments usually act friendly towards each other and resolve disputes without fighting. You can give herbs to an ally parliament if they don't have the herb they need but you do and if they are in desperate need of one. You can also trade owls with an ally clan, but this can only happen at a gathering. If your parliament is under attack by an enemy parliament, your ally parliament can join the fight and defend you as long as the enemy parliament isn't their ally. If your ally defends you in an attack, you have a much less chance of your owls dying or being captured.
    If you meet a neighboring parliament while on patrol, you can choose to become their enemy or rival. Enemy parliaments usually act hostile towards each other and often argue and fight. You can steal owlets, apprentices, elders and herbs while raiding enemy parliament kingdoms. You need 4 owls to do this and the only way the parliament can get these back is if they attack the original attacker. Attacks can prove fatal and there will often be owls injured, captured or even killed during attacks. You can make peace and become allies with an enemy parliament during a gathering.

Gatherings Next Gathering: ???
    Gatherings happen once every 2 weeks, usually on Saturdays (Some days are put earlier/later because of holidays). At a gathering, you can choose your King, Warden and Matron (apprentice) along with six others to attend and your King or Warden will share news to the rest of the parliaments. It is here that fights, friendships and romances can blossom so it is a good event to make sure and attend. It is here battles can be arranged and owls can be swapped. Parliaments can also form alliances and rivalries here. You can do this by getting the Kings to talk, and if they find common interests, or seem aggressive towards each other, they can become allies or enemies!
    Next Matron Gathering: ???
    The Matron Gathering happens every other week. The gathering of the Parliaments will be one week, then the Matrons will gather at the Aurora Glaoucora the next week. This is very similar to a normal gathering, except there isn't as much tension. The Matrons will talk with each other about things that are going on in their Parliament at the moment and will make arrangements to trade herbs if needed.

Becoming Mates/Having Eggs Without Eggs, your Parliament would struggle to thrive. To have two owls to become mates, post them going for a flight together and one of them asking the other to be their mate. In my post, I will time skip to the female owl having the eggs, then you will have to wait two moons (2 posts) for them to hatch. If you wish for the female owl to not have eggs yet, make sure to tell me. If you want a female owl to have more eggs, say so in your post as well. Any owls can become mates, but only owls of the same species will be able to produce eggs, since different species cannot make viable offspring.

Forbidden Romances Forbidden romances are romantic relationships with either a Matron, or an owl from another Parliament. Owls can form romances with owls from both ally and enemy Parliaments and can sneak out of camp to meet them and bond at gatherings. However, if the relationship results in eggs, they will have to find an owl willing enough to cover up as their father. It can be arranged at a gathering for one or more of the eggs to be given to the parent of the other clan. It is extremely rare, but some owls may find out that the eggs are forbidden and the parent(s) and/or owlets could be exiled from the Parliament.

Prey Every post, your Parliament will use up two pieces of food. You will not have to abide by this rule for your first three posts so that you can build up a prey store. Once you reach seven Parliament members, your serving will go up 1. Then the next time you get seven more owls, your serving will go up by one again. The max amount of owls you can send out on a hunting patrol is 6 owls; for every 2 owls on the patrol, you will get one piece of prey, so the max amount of prey you can get from one hunting patrol is 3 pieces of prey. You can use six types of prey, two 1 serving prey items, two 2 servings prey items, and two 3 servings prey items. An example of a set would be; Mice, Vole, Rabbit, Squirrel, Hare, and Big Fish. You can switch out the different types of prey depending on what is normally found in your Parliaments Kingdom but don't make it a type of prey that Parliament owls wouldn't normally eat. When you fill in your form after receiving your King, remember to fill in the six types of prey your Parliament will be using. Very rarely, the mod who replies to your Parliament will give you something outside of those six. Remember to go hunting often since two pieces are used every post. If you run out of fresh-kill, you have 2 posts to get enough prey back. After 2 posts, an owl in your Parliament will die from starvation. Every post after that, 1 owl will die until you catch enough prey.

NOTE: For your first three posts you need not worry about eating any prey.

Fresh-Kill Servings
Mice; 1 serving
Vole; 1 serving
Shrew; 1 serving
Frog; 1 serving
Minnow: 1 serving
Small Bird: 1 serving
Rabbit: 2 servings
Squirrel; 2 servings
Weasel; 2 servings
Medium Bird: 2 servings
Small Fish; 2 servings
Big Fish; 3 servings
Hare; 3 servings
Big Bird; 3 servings
0-6 owls; 2 servings
7-13 owls; 3 servings
14-20 owls; 4 servings
21-27 owls; 5 servings
28-34 owls; 6 servings
35-41 owls; 7 servings
42-48 owls; 8 servings
49-55 owls; 9 servings
56-62 owls; 10 servings
63-69 owls; 11 servings
70-76 owls; 12 servings
etc..
Last edited by vampiress_fox on Sun May 17, 2020 3:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
~ Coding
xxxxxxxxxxx
vampiress_fox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

POST FORMAT

Postby vampiress_fox » Mon May 04, 2020 1:44 pm

Description of Duties:
King: leads your parliament, normally the first born son of the king takes over being the king, but it can be any owl chosen by the king.
Warden: Normally mate to the King but does not have to be, helps lead your parliament.
Matron: healer of your parliament, is generally gifted with Starsight (able to see the future through dreams), not allowed to take a mate or have a family
Matron‘s Apprentice: a young owlet that shows the gift of Starsight will be chosen to be the next Matron and learn under her.
Warriors: the main fighting and protective force of your parliament
Hunters: specialized in hunting prey and gathering food
Juniors: owls in training
Broodies: Female owls sitting on eggs
Elders: owls too old to complete their duties
wordy
wordy
wordy
CURRENT SEASON: Summer until November 28th
    Seasons Each season will last two weeks, each season having one gathering. After the gathering ends, a new season will start, going in order from Winter to Autumn. When your mod replies to your post, the mod will write what type of weather your Parliament has for that day, which will ultimately effect how things go for you that day.
      Winter- The chances of catching greencough is higher. If you send the same owl out multiple times in the same post, they are more likely to catch a cold, which is lead to whitecough and greencough so be careful. After your owl catches a cold, don't send them out for 2 posts or their cold will progress to whitecough or greencough. The sun will start to go down early and it will get colder once the sun starts to go down. You will also catch less prey and are less likely to find new owls.
      Spring- During spring, hatchings will run much smoother and the chances of the Broodies or owlets dying during birth will go down dramatically. There is also a higher chance of you catch more prey than usual. The chances of catching greencough, whitecough and owletcough will go down. With all the snow melting, it is very likely that your territory will start flooding. There will also be more storms that will contribute to the flooding. The odds of finding new owls is very high.
      Summer- During summer, you will catch a max of 6 pieces of prey. During patrols, you are more likely to run into rogue groups that will most likely start to try and settle in your kingdom so keep an eye out. You are still likely to get floods, but there will be more droughts towards the middle of summer. Your Parliament will still receive new owls but not as much as you would in Spring.
      Autumn- During fall, it will start to get colder so the amount of prey you will catch will go down. The sun will start going down earlier and earlier and this will continue into winter. Hatchings will start to get a little bit harder so make sure to stock up on herbs like fennel, chervil, ragwort leaves and raspberry leaves.
    Post Format After your first post, you will use the following format in every post to keep track of your Parliament. Replace the "link" in the X with the image of your owl. You may edit slightly, but not too much.

Code: Select all
      [center][size=200]Kingdom of ???[/size]
      [size=85][b]Number of Owls:[/b] Here[/size]

[size=85]Put your post of what your owls are doing here[/size][/center]

[center][left][list][list][list][list][size=85][b]King:[/b]
      Name | Age | Gender | Species | [url=link]X[/url]

[b]Warden:[/b]

[b]Matron:[/b]

[b]Matron‘s Apprentice:[/b]

[b]Warriors:[/b]

[b]Hunters:[/b]

[b]Juniors:[/b]

[b]Broodies:[/b]

[b]Owlets:[/b]

[b]Elders:[/b]
      Name | Age | Gender | Species | [url=link]X[/url][/list][/list][/list][/list][/size][/left] [left][list][size=85][b]Ally Parliaments:[/b]
      Parliament Name | Username

[b]Enemy Parliaments[/b]

[b]Borders[/b]
      North | Parliament Name | Username
      East | Parliament Name | Username
      South | Parliament Name | Username
      West | Parliament Name | Username

[b]Medicine Store[/b]
      Herb | Usage
      Herb | Usage

[b]Fresh-Kill Pile:[/b]
      Prey | x0 | 0 servings
      Prey | x0 | 0 servings
      Prey | x0 | 0 servings
      Prey | x0 | 0 servings
      Prey | x0 | 0 servings
      Prey | x0 |  0 servings

[b]Mentors:[/b]
      Requierd Moves:
      Nonrequired Moves:
      Mentor | Apprentice | No. of training sessions | Moves
      Mentor | Apprentice | No. of training sessions | Moves

[b]Deceased Owls:[/b]
      Owl Name | Cause of Death
      Owl Name | Cause of Death

[b]Family:[/b]
      Name and Name | Owlets
      Name and Name | Owlets[/size][/list][/left][/center]
Last edited by vampiress_fox on Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:27 am, edited 5 times in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
~ Coding
xxxxxxxxxxx
vampiress_fox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

OWL SPECIES AVAILABLE IN GAME

Postby vampiress_fox » Mon May 04, 2020 1:45 pm

There are a lot of owl species out there in the world, there is also a lot of world for you to foudn your parliaments in, so I have decided to split the world up into a few specific areas and give each area it's own owl species. You will need to tell me which of the eight regions your parliament is most likely to be in so that I know what list to use for you. As of right now, I will be keeping it region specific, and will not be offering species from other regions until I cant do more research into migration habits and other thing for each species.

NORTH AMERICA
Common Barn Owl
Flammulated Owl
Western Screech Owl
Eastern Screech Owl
Whiskered Screech owl
Snowy Owl
Great Horned Owl
Spectacled Owl
Barred Owl
Great Grey Owl
Crested Owl
Northern Hawk Owl
Northern Pygmy Owl
Mountain Pygmy Owl
Elf Owl
Burrowing Owl
Boreal Owl
Northern Saw-Whet Owl
Long-Eared Owl
Short-Eared Owl

CENTRAL AMERICA
Common Barn Owl
Ashy-Faced Owl
Pacific Screech Owl
Whiskered Screech Owl
Bearded Screech Owl
Guatemalan Screech Owl
Cuban Bare-Legged Owl
Great Horned Owl
Spectacled Owl
Mottled Owl
Black-and-White Owl
Crested Owl
Guatemalan Pygmy Owl
Costa Rican Pygmy Owl
Cuban Pygmy Owl
Central American Pygmy Owl
Ridgeway’s Pygmy Owl
Burrowing Owl
Jamaican Owl
Short-Eared Owl

SOUTH AMERICAN
Common Barn Owl
Tropical Screech Owl
Cinnamon Screech Owl
Northern Tawny-Bellied Screech Owl
Southern Tawny-Bellied Screech Owl
Black-Capped Screech Owl
Long-Tufted Screech owl
White-Throated Screech Owl
Great Horned Owl
Spectacled Owl
Tawny-Browed Owl
Band-Bellied Owl
Rusty-Barred Owl
Black-Banded Owl
Least Pygmy Owl
Ferruginous Pygmy Owl
Long-Whiskered Owlet
Burrowing Owl
Buff-Fronted Owl
Short-Eared Owl

AFRICA
Common Barn Owl
Madagascar Red Owl
African Grass Owl
Madagascar Scops Owl
Common Scops Owl
African Scops Owl
Northern White-Faced Owl
Southern White-Faced Owl
Eurasian Eagle Owl
Pharaoh Eagle Owl
Spotted Eagle Owl
Eurasian Tawny Owl
African Wood Owl
Red-Chested Owlet
African Barred Owlet
Little Owl
Madagascar Hawk Owl
Long-Eared Owl
Madagascar Long-Eared Owl
Marsh Owl

EUROPE
Common Barn Owl
Common Scops Owl
Snowy Owl
Eurasian Eagle Owl
Eurasian Tawny Owl
Ural Owl
Great Grey Owl
Northern Hawk Owl
Eurasian Pygmy Owl
Little Owl
Boreal Owl
Long-Eared Owl
Short-Eared Owl

MIDDLE EAST
Common Barn Owl
Common Scops Owl
Pallid Scops Owl
Eurasian Eagle Owl
Pharaoh Eagle Owl
Indian Eagle Owl
Spotted Eagle Owl
Brown Fish Owl
Himalayan Wood Owl
Eurasian Tawny Owl
Little Owl
Spotted Owl
Boreal Owl
Long-Eared Owl
Short-Eared Owl

ASIA
Common Barn Owl
Lesser Masked Owl
Eastern Grass Owl
Greater Sooty Owl
Oriental Bay Owl
Sri Lanka Bay Owl
White-Fronted Scops Owl
Reddish Scops Owl
Snowy Owl
Barred Eagle Owl
Brown Fish Owl
Tawny Fish Owl
Brown Wood Owl
Ural Owl
Northern Hawk Owl
Asian Barred Owlet
Boreal Owl
Brown Hawk Owl
Long-Eared Owl
Short-Eared Owl

OCEANIA :: Australasia, Melanesia, Micronesia and Polynesia
Common Barn Owl
Golden Masked Owl
Australian Masked Owl
Tasmanian Masked Owl
Eastern Grass Owl
Lesser Sooty Owl
Greater Sooty Owl
Powerful Owl
Barking Owl
Morepork
Southern Boobook Owl
New Britian Hawk Owl
Bismarck Hawk Owl
Laughing Owl
Last edited by vampiress_fox on Sun May 17, 2020 3:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
~ Coding
xxxxxxxxxxx
vampiress_fox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ESTABLISHED PARLIAMENTS

Postby vampiress_fox » Wed May 06, 2020 12:18 pm

LIST OF PARLIAMENTS

Here is the list of Parliaments, who owns the Parliament, and which mod replies to them:

vampiress_foxwordy
───────────wordy
Asia | Starcatchers Kingdom | sharpshooter.
Europe | The Thoulux Dynasty | w0ah
North America | The Owls of Kindlefire | Talonpawthewarrior
Europe | Sleeping Dragonhold | MommaNessy
North America | Fuyu Dynasty | Blue-Wonderland
Norht America | The ShadowWatchers | blood-moon
Last edited by vampiress_fox on Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:30 am, edited 7 times in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
~ Coding
xxxxxxxxxxx
vampiress_fox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Starcatchers

Postby sharklord » Wed May 06, 2020 12:57 pm

font creditImage

The Starcatchers are a group of owls who have made their home in a forest in the rural area of Russia. They are known to keep to themselves and rarely make themselves obvious to other groups of owls.

They Starcatchers live in the trees which have grown in and through a crumbling building. The King makes his home inside the building itself, in part of the attic which is still standing.

The prey-types in the area are minnows, small fish, big fish, frogs, mice, and shrews.

Inhabting this group, is the King/Queen, the leader of the owls, the Duke/Duchess, who helps guide the group and will take over if the King or Queen passes, the Matron and their guideling, the soldiers, who fight and keep the territory safe from outsiders, the seekers, who find food for the group, the guidelings, who are training to become a soldier or seeker, the blooms, who keep the eggs safe and warm, and the comets, the owls who are too old to care for the group.
Last edited by sharklord on Sun May 17, 2020 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sharklord

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

thoulux dynasty - starter.

Postby w0ah » Wed May 06, 2020 2:33 pm

████████████████████████████████████████████

x
x.xImage

xxxxxxthe thoulux dynasty is a parliament of owls residing among a region of land twisted by rivers and covered in pine forests. this frigid region is surrounded on their northern borders by a ridge of mountainous peaks. though their steep inclines provide plentiful hunting opportunities, not one owl has dared to fly above the clouds where the mountains peak at rigid spikes that jut through the clouds and touch the stars. the owls spend much of their time in the lower valleys at the ridge's base, where many great opportunities for hunting lie. scouting from the skies, it clear how bountiful the variety of prey is in this region; mice, shrews, rabbits, weasels, big fish, and birds are the diet these owls thrive on. they thank glaux with every chance they get for what they provide.
      xxxxxxat the ridge's steep incline, a secluded cliff-plateau housing a small quantity of pines lies. on this plateau, a tangled, intertwined mix of pines stands as the thoulux dynasty's kingdom. these great pines, towering into the sky with thick trunks, grew and bent together over centuries. their trunks and branches twisted together, weaving an intricate structure which stands strong and sturdy against any cool, winter winds or blizzards. these ancient trees have provided shelter for the owls of the thoulux dynasty for many, many moons. the thick trunks have hollowed sections for nests to be laid, and plenty of perches or places for groups to gather. the main place of gathering lies at a stump with branches of the great pines woven around it like a ring. there are separate chambers all throughout the structure, even one for storing their prey and another for study where the matron may study their herbs and the ancient texts.
      xxxxxxthe ranks of the dynasty are as follows: at the lead are the emperor and his empress. then, the matron and their apprentice. next are the generals, which are a rank of only a few owls who lead patrols. then there are the sentries, hunters, and trainees. finally, the broodmothers, owlets, and lastly, elders. the emperor and his empress wear similar helmets to boron and barran of the original guardians. these helmets are worn during ceremonies, other important occasions, or during a battle. similarly, the different ranks where different styles and tiers of helmets, each finely crafted by skilled blacksmiths or the wearers themselves. these helmets, and their paired weapons, are also reserved for battles or even sometimes patrols.
      xxxxxxany and all owls are welcomed among the thoulux dynasty. the most common, however, are among the "great" breeds or "eagle" owl breeds.

xxxxxxrequesting this eurasian eagle owl as the emperor of the thoulux dynasty. thank you!

region: north america
Last edited by w0ah on Mon May 18, 2020 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
w0ah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Create-A-Parliament

Postby ARKYQ » Wed May 06, 2020 2:46 pm

The Owls of Kindlefire

Personality: The owls of kindlefire are a close-knit parliament, more closely compared to troops or a guild than a kingdom. They have many traditions and believe very firmly in familial bonds and working together to achieve better results. Young owlets are often assigned to specific Crews, who keep together for the rest of their lives. They hunt together, fight together, rest together. Some share closer bonds with their Crewmates than with their own parents!
Once the owls are old enough to become an initiate, they are assigned to a Crew. Then they are taught by a mentor assigned to their Crew. The Crew must train together until they are all at least 12 moonshifts* old, then they all take a Crew assessment, and if they pass, a BLANK vigil.

Kingdom: The Owls of Kindlefire live in a forest of mainly massive oaks, cedars, and elms, mixed in with smaller trees such as birches, aspens and flowering trees like redbuds and Archaobuds**. The forest floor is mossy, and well populated. With prey AND predators. There are many rocky areas, with tall spires of stone, which make excellent lookout points. There is no shortage of water, as a small stream winds through the Kingdom, filled with small minnows and the occasional salamander. Due to the abundance of greenery however, their kingdom is rather prone to wildfires and earthquakes are quite common in this area, creating natural caves and ravines, which provide a good source of Iron for the kindlefire smiths.
They make their home in a massive, twisted oak, which was discoved hollowed out, and is probably centuries old. Nearby are several other large trees which serve as other 'bases'.

Arts: each crew specializes in one of four set 'arts'
Storms and weather: the rare few owls with a knack for piercing the heart of the storm. Traditionally they make good scouts and are deadly calculating in combat. Unfortunately they don't get along well, and have poor social skills outside of crewmates, and even those interactions can get awkward.
Fire keeping: these owls are crafty and creative and traditionally become smiths***. They are quite rescourceful and intelligent, but can be overly excited or nervous, not to mention they're always covered in soot!
Springing: springers are the swiftest owls who can ride the wind like there's no tomorrow. The are excellent at aero acrobatics, and flying is what they do best. Unfortunately, due to their strict training schedule keeping them up way to late they're often snappy and terse.
Brawling: brawlers are powerful owls who form the front line in battle. They are ruthless and aggressive, but also, surprisingly the most romantic, often choosing to fly into battle alongside their mates and close friends, for often the relationships in their crews are positive and caring. Unfortunately though, they have a hard time letting go of a grudge and are rather clumsy in closed spaces.

Roles (in order of rank):
King and queen --> not changed
Warden --> captain
Matron --> medic
Matron's junior --> medic's rookie
Special role: mentors (individuals who are learned in their arts and choose to teach crews)
Warrior/hunters --> Soldiers/ frequenters/ Crew members (only refernced as soldiers in battle)
Special role --> initiate (rookie's ready to be assigned to a crew)
Juniors --> rookies
Broodies --> not changed
Owlets --> not changed
Elders --> veterans

Prey types:
1 serving: minnows and mice
2 servings: weasels and smaller birds
3 servings: hares and big fish

All types of owls are welcome!

I hope this isn't too confusing! If i'm not being clear about something please let me know! Other than that, i'm super excited to join this and i absolutely love guardians of ga'hoole!

*moonshifts: another word for moons or months
**archaobuds: a made up type of tree. Anyone can use this idea. Like redbuds they are a flowering tree, but they flower during autumn, and grow orange flowers. Their trunks are deep brown. They grow sweet berries in every season except for winter (when they go fully dormant) which grow on thick vines which are great for making into ropes.
***smiths: blacksmiths, make things out of metal.

Edit: they live in the north american region
Last edited by ARKYQ on Sun May 17, 2020 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ARKYQ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Mod Replies One

Postby vampiress_fox » Thu May 07, 2020 8:07 am

Vamp's Mod Replies One
MY PARLIAMENTS - Starcatcher's Kingdom :: The Thoulux Dynasty :: The Owls of Kindlefire
SEASON - Winter :: WEATHER - The weather is getting cold, trees are bare of leaves, and snow-heavy clouds are constant in the sky.

sharpshooter. wrote:
font creditImage

The Starcatchers are a group of owls who have made their home in a forest in the rural area of Russia. They are known to keep to themselves and rarely make themselves obvious to other groups of owls.

They Starcatchers live in the trees which have grown in and through a crumbling building. The King makes his home inside the building itself, in part of the attic which is still standing.

The owls common in & around the Starcatcher's territory are all types of fish owls and Eurasian pygmy owls.

The prey-types in the area are minnows, small fish, big fish, frogs, mice, and shrews.

Inhabting this group, is the King/Queen, the leader of the owls, the Duke/Duchess, who helps guide the group and will take over if the King or Queen passes, the Matron and their guideling, the soldiers, who fight and keep the territory safe from outsiders, the seekers, who find food for the group, the guidelings, who are training to become a soldier or seeker, the blooms, who keep the eggs safe and warm, and the comets, the owls who are too old to care for the group.

Starcatchers have been founded by a Long-Eared Owl
[welcome and congratulations on being the first to post!]

w0ah wrote:████████████████████████████████████████████

x
x.xImage

xxxxxxthe thoulux dynasty is a parliament of owls residing among a region of land twisted by rivers and covered in pine forests. this frigid region is surrounded on their northern borders by a ridge of mountainous peaks. though their steep inclines provide plentiful hunting opportunities, not one owl has dared to fly above the clouds where the mountains peak at rigid spikes that jut through the clouds and touch the stars. the owls spend much of their time in the lower valleys at the ridge's base, where many great opportunities for hunting lie. scouting from the skies, it clear how bountiful the variety of prey is in this region; mice, shrews, rabbits, weasels, big fish, and birds are the diet these owls thrive on. they thank glaux with every chance they get for what they provide.
      xxxxxxat the ridge's steep incline, a secluded cliff-plateau housing a small quantity of pines lies. on this plateau, a tangled, intertwined mix of pines stands as the thoulux dynasty's kingdom. these great pines, towering into the sky with thick trunks, grew and bent together over centuries. their trunks and branches twisted together, weaving an intricate structure which stands strong and sturdy against any cool, winter winds or blizzards. these ancient trees have provided shelter for the owls of the thoulux dynasty for many, many moons. the thick trunks have hollowed sections for nests to be laid, and plenty of perches or places for groups to gather. the main place of gathering lies at a stump with branches of the great pines woven around it like a ring. there are separate chambers all throughout the structure, even one for storing their prey and another for study where the matron may study their herbs and the ancient texts.
      xxxxxxthe ranks of the dynasty are as follows: at the lead are the emperor and his empress. then, the matron and their apprentice. next are the generals, which are a rank of only a few owls who lead patrols. then there are the sentries, hunters, and trainees. finally, the broodmothers, owlets, and lastly, elders. the emperor and his empress wear similar helmets to boron and barran of the original guardians. these helmets are worn during ceremonies, other important occasions, or during a battle. similarly, the different ranks where different styles and tiers of helmets, each finely crafted by skilled blacksmiths or the wearers themselves. these helmets, and their paired weapons, are also reserved for battles or even sometimes patrols.
      xxxxxxany and all owls are welcomed among the thoulux dynasty. the most common, however, are among the "great" breeds or "eagle" owl breeds.

xxxxxxrequesting this eurasian eagle owl as the emperor of the thoulux dynasty. thank you!

The Thoulus Dynasty has been founded by a Eurasian Eagle Owl
[welcome, and please remember that pictures need to be "free to use".]

Talonpawthewarrior wrote:The Owls of Kindlefire

Personality: The owls of kindlefire are a close-knit parliament, more closely compared to troops or a guild than a kingdom. They have many traditions and believe very firmly in familial bonds and working together to achieve better results. Young owlets are often assigned to specific Crews, who keep together for the rest of their lives. They hunt together, fight together, rest together. Some share closer bonds with their Crewmates than with their own parents!
Once the owls are old enough to become an initiate, they are assigned to a Crew. Then they are taught by a mentor assigned to their Crew. The Crew must train together until they are all at least 12 moonshifts* old, then they all take a Crew assessment, and if they pass, a BLANK vigil.

Kingdom: The Owls of Kindlefire live in a forest of mainly massive oaks, cedars, and elms, mixed in with smaller trees such as birches, aspens and flowering trees like redbuds and Archaobuds**. The forest floor is mossy, and well populated. With prey AND predators. There are many rocky areas, with tall spires of stone, which make excellent lookout points. There is no shortage of water, as a small stream winds through the Kingdom, filled with small minnows and the occasional salamander. Due to the abundance of greenery however, their kingdom is rather prone to wildfires and earthquakes are quite common in this area, creating natural caves and ravines, which provide a good source of Iron for the kindlefire smiths.
They make their home in a massive, twisted oak, which was discoved hollowed out, and is probably centuries old. Nearby are several other large trees which serve as other 'bases'.

Arts: each crew specializes in one of four set 'arts'
Storms and weather: the rare few owls with a knack for piercing the heart of the storm. Traditionally they make good scouts and are deadly calculating in combat. Unfortunately they don't get along well, and have poor social skills outside of crewmates, and even those interactions can get awkward.
Fire keeping: these owls are crafty and creative and traditionally become smiths***. They are quite rescourceful and intelligent, but can be overly excited or nervous, not to mention they're always covered in soot!
Springing: springers are the swiftest owls who can ride the wind like there's no tomorrow. The are excellent at aero acrobatics, and flying is what they do best. Unfortunately, due to their strict training schedule keeping them up way to late they're often snappy and terse.
Brawling: brawlers are powerful owls who form the front line in battle. They are ruthless and aggressive, but also, surprisingly the most romantic, often choosing to fly into battle alongside their mates and close friends, for often the relationships in their crews are positive and caring. Unfortunately though, they have a hard time letting go of a grudge and are rather clumsy in closed spaces.

Roles (in order of rank):
King and queen --> not changed
Warden --> captain
Matron --> medic
Matron's junior --> medic's rookie
Special role: mentors (individuals who are learned in their arts and choose to teach crews)
Warrior/hunters --> Soldiers/ frequenters/ Crew members (only refernced as soldiers in battle)
Special role --> initiate (rookie's ready to be assigned to a crew)
Juniors --> rookies
Broodies --> not changed
Owlets --> not changed
Elders --> veterans

Prey types:
1 serving: minnows and mice
2 servings: weasels and smaller birds
3 servings: hares and big fish

All types of owls are welcome!

I hope this isn't too confusing! If i'm not being clear about something please let me know! Other than that, i'm super excited to join this and i absolutely love guardians of ga'hoole!

*moonshifts: another word for moons or months
**archaobuds: a made up type of tree. Anyone can use this idea. Like redbuds they are a flowering tree, but they flower during autumn, and grow orange flowers. Their trunks are deep brown. They grow sweet berries in every season except for winter (when they go fully dormant) which grow on thick vines which are great for making into ropes.
***smiths: blacksmiths, make things out of metal.

The Owls of Kindlefire has been founded by a Eurasian Scops Owl
[Welcome, I hope I do not disappoint you.]
Last edited by vampiress_fox on Mon May 18, 2020 4:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
~ Coding
xxxxxxxxxxx
vampiress_fox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Starcatchers - [001] We All Start Somewhere

Postby sharklord » Thu May 07, 2020 8:43 am

Number of Owls: 1

Dynasty looked around trying to spot a bit of movement on the forest floor. After what seemed like hours of waiting, she gave up, flying back to her nest. The prey just wasn't active at the moment.

[Dynasty asks for a bloom]
[Dynasty hunts]
[Dynasty patrols]

Queen:
          Dynasty | 30 | Female | Long-Eared Owl | X

Duke/Duchess:

Matron:

Matron‘s Guideling:

Soldiers: