Create a Sled Team - (v.1)

Just a little fun for when you have time to kill

Create a Sled Team - (v.1)

Postby Phina D Wolf » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:54 am

Disclaimer: i did not come up with the original idea for this game, kaden is attributed to originally creating it while katrione currently owns the first create a __ game, create a clan. please consult katrione if you wish to create a game like this.
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Fan Club - Role-play Thread - Discord
RULES
1 - follow all chickensmoothie rules.
2 - do not under any circumstances try to copy or make a game like this. its an original idea made by kaden, passed down to katrione, who gave me permission to make a spin-off of it.
3 - please use proper grammar and punctuation, do not use text talk at all.
4 - be kind and respectful to me and to the other members.
5 - do not requote your post, if you feel as if your post has been skipped over, pm me.
6 - do not mini-mod.
7 - please pm me if you have any questions.
8 - no begging for dogs/mushers/medicine/partners/enemies/etc.
9- i will remake the game at 900 pages.
10 - and remember to have fun!

Admirals
Lead Dogs - Owner
Phina D Wolf
osleya
Swing Dogs - Mods
none
Team Dogs - Mini-mods
none
Wheel Dogs - Other Helpers
Chinchy - Genetics Guru
Deserters
Lead Dogs - Banned
none
Swing Dogs - Probation
none
Team Dogs - Strikes
none
Last edited by Phina D Wolf on Sun May 06, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Phina D Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

How To Play

Postby Phina D Wolf » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:39 am

HOW TO PLAY
- Starting Off -
When you create your first ever post, it must be an introduction about your team such as its name and customs. you also have the option to include things such as its reputation, territory, and general personality - these will help me decide on what your first musher, the owner, will look like.

- Getting More Dogs And Mushers -
Your team will start off small given you start off with only your musher. To get dogs to join your team, you have two options: 1) running or 2) sending your musher to town once a week. When running, your dogs have a randomized chance of encountering a willing dog of any position who will then join your team. When your musher is in town, they can buy a dog of any specific rank up until your team has nine dogs.

- Possible Dog Breeds -
As a reference, here is a list of possible dog breeds you can get. This list is always growing, and if you have suggestions, PM me!

Akita
Akita Inu
Alaskan Husky
Alaskan Malamute
American Indian Dog
Canadian Eskimo Dog
Chinook
Eurohound,
German Shorthaired Pointer
Greenland Dog
Irish Setter
Jamthund
Karelian Bear Dog
Keeshond
Labrador retrievers
Newfoundland
Poodle
Samoyed
Siberian Husky
St. Bernard
Tamaskan dog
West Siberian Laika
Mutt

- Stats -
The Lead dogs need to have medium intelligence and high endurance, they forge the trail. Swing dogs are the dogs who ensure that the rest of the team follows the lead dogs with out tangling themselves, they need high intelligence. Wheel dogs need high strength, they bear most of the sled's weight. The higher the team's speed as a whole is, the better chance they have at winning a race. Pups stats are randomized between their parents stats, plus a random modifier. So if the father's strength is 15, and the mother's is 10, the pups strength could range from eighteen to seven. Stats range from 1 to 20.

- Running -
Once you have two or more dogs, you can send them out for runs once every post. When running, there are several things that can happen: you can find medicine to give to the musher for their store, new dogs to join your team, or you can encounter a different team and choose to request an alliance with the team, race it, or simply ignore it. You may send out a maximum of nine fully grown dogs in one run, along with any yearlings you have. You may run as many time as you like per post, but if the same dog runs twice in one post they run the risk of falling ill.

- Healing and Medicine -
When you get your musher, you will have the ability to choose five medicines to start off your medical storage. When you send your musher out to explore, you can find find two medicines for every exploration your musher takes to gather them. Once your musher gets a musher in training, you will be able to find three medicines on your explorations. You store your medicine in the medicine store and they can be used to heal the sick or injured.

- Training -
Yearlings begin their training at twelve months, but are not assigned a mentor. The whole team and the musher/s are responsible for their training. Before your yearling is allowed to advance to the next rank, they must complete four training sessions and be at least 24 months old. Your yearling learns a new skill during each training session.

Potentially taught skills are: Running, Endurance, Speed, Balance, Teamwork, Independence, Decision Making, Command Recognition, Harness Acceptance, Resilience, Caution, Instinct

Musher's Apprentices will also train with the musher. Musher Aprentice's may start training at eight years old and normally graduate at sixteen. They can learn: Running, Endurance, Speed, Balance, Teamwork, Independence, Decision Making, Command Recognition, Proper Harnessing, Resilience, Caution, Instinct

- Aging and Death -
You must age your dogs and musher up two months for every post you make. So if in one post you had a pup who was 8 months, your next post would make that pup 10 months. In this game, there are five possibly ways for your dog to die; being stillborn, old age, killed by a sledding accident, birthing pups, and not having injuries treated within two posts. A mod can have these happen in their replies, but you can write deaths in your posts as well.

- Partners -
If you meet a neighboring team while on a run, you can choose to become their partner. Partner teams usually act friendly towards each other and can often resolve disputes without races. You can also give medicine to them if they desire some, as well as trade one of your dogs with theirs.
OR:
If you meet a neighboring teams while on patrol, you can choose to become either their enemy or rival. Enemy teams usually act hostile towards each other and often argue or possibly race to settle disputes. Should you ever raid your enemy's team, you can the option to steal pups, yearlings, elders, or medicine if you bring a musher and four or more dogs to the raid. The only way your enemy can get their stolen dogs or medicine back is to attack you, which can prove fatal and dangerous as injury or death. If both of these teams are tired of fighting, you can make peace and become allies with them during a gathering.

- International Races -
International races are held in the winter on Friday - Saturday EST. Times are liable to change, but at this time the Roleplaying thread will be open and you can mingle with other teams. All who choose to enter will pit their best team against all other teams. The Stats of the Lead Dogs, Swing Dogs and Wheel Dogs are modified by the lowest speed stat on the team. These scores are then given an additional randomized modifier. The team with the highest score after this wins the race. Prizes will vary.

- Mates and Pups -
Without pups, your team will only last one generation! To make your dogs mates, post them confessing to one another and one of them asking the other to be their mate, or if you prefer the musher putting them in a pen together. In my reply, one dog will find out they're expecting pups and then you'll have to wait two months (2 posts) for their litter to be born. if you don't wish for pups yet, make sure to tell me, and if you want your pup to have another litter, say so in your post as well. The maximum liter for a mother to have is eight, but this is very rare.

- Arranged Relationships -
Arranged relationships are what happens when dogs have ups with a dog from another team. Mushers arrange these, which often happens during International Races. Pups are typically split between teams.

- Food -
Every post (aside from your first three), your team will use up two pieces of food. Once you reach six team members, your serving will go up by one. Then the next time you get six more dogs, your serving will go up by one again. The max amount of dogs you can send out on a hunting exploration is six; for every two dogs on the exploration, you will get one piece of prey, so the max amount of prey you can get from one hunting exploration is three pieces of prey. You can use six types of prey, an example of a set would be: mice, pigeons, voles, fish, rabbits, and squirrels. You can switch out the different types of prey depending on what is normally found in your team's territory but don't make it a type of prey that dogs wouldn't normally eat. When you fill in your form after receiving your musher, remember to fill in the types of prey your team will be using. Very rarely, the mod who replies to your tribe will give you something outside those six. Remember to go hunting often since two pieces are used every post. If you run out of prey, you will have two posts to get enough of it back. After two posts, a dog in your team will die of starvation. Every post after that, one dog will die until you catch enough prey.

Prey Servings
Mice; 1 serving
Vole; 1 serving
Shrew; 1 serving
Rabbit: 2 servings
Squirrel; 2 servings
Ermine (Stoat); 2 servings
Small Fish; 2 servings
Big Fish; 3 servings
Hare; 3 servings
All Birds; 3 servings
Fawn; 4 servings
Deer; 5 servings
Elk calf; 4 servings
Elk; 6 servings
Moose calf; 4 servings
Moose; 6 servings
0-6 dogs; 2 servings
7-13 dogs; 3 servings
14-20 dogs; 4 servings
21-27 dogs; 5 servings
28-34 dogs; 6 servings
35-41 dogs; 7 servings
42-48 dogs; 8 servings
49-55 dogs; 9 servings
56-62 dogs; 10 servings
63-69 dogs; 11 servings
70-76 dogs; 12 servings
etc..
One last comment about food.
You are required to allot your
six prey like so:
First two slots:
Prey between 1-2 servings, ie
mice or rabbits
Second two slots:
Between 2-4 servings, ie fawns
Last two slots:
any prey you wish. Elk, Deer or
Moose recomended
Last edited by Phina D Wolf on Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:44 am, edited 7 times in total.
Phina D Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Seasons

Postby Phina D Wolf » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:34 am

- SEASONS -
Each season will last two weeks, after which a new season will start, going in order from Spring to Winter. When your mod replies to your post, they will write what type of weather your team has for that day, which will ultimately affect how things go for your team.

Next Season: Summer - [xxx]

Spring: During spring, whelpings will run much smoother and the chances of the mothers or pups dying during birth will go down dramatically. There is also a higher chance of you catching more prey than usual. The chances of catching cold will go down. With all the snow melting, it is very likely that your territory will start flooding. There will also be more storms that will contribute to the flooding. The odds of finding new dogs is very high.

Summer: During summer, you will catch a max of six pieces of prey. During runs, you are more likely to run into tourists so keep an eye out. There might be droughts towards the middle of summer. Your team will still receive new dogs but not as much as you would in spring. It is harder to train in the mushy snow, so it will be more difficult for pups to learn at this time.

Autumn: During autumn, it will start to get colder so the amount of prey you will catch will steadily start going down. The sun will start going down earlier, which will continue into winter. Whelpings will start to get a little bit harder so make sure to stock up on whelping medicine. You will also run into predators such as wolves or bears.

Winter: During winter, the chances of catching cold are higher. If you send the same dog out multiple times in the same post, they are more likely to catch a cold, so be careful. After your dog catches a cold, don't send them out for two posts or their cold will progress to pneumonia. The sun will start to fall early and it gets colder once the sun sets. You will also catch less prey and are less likely to find new dogs. It is however prime training season! Yearlings are more likely to learn a new skill, and have a small chance of learning two skills.
Last edited by Phina D Wolf on Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phina D Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Post Format

Postby Phina D Wolf » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:40 am

This is the code you will use for your posts. You may edit it a little, but not too much.

Code: Select all
[center][size=150]NAME HERE[/size]
[size=85][b]Number of Mushers:[/b]
[b]Number of Dogs:[/b]
[b]Servings:[/b]
[b]Next Visit to Town:[/b]
[b]Next Birthing:[/b]

actions

[b]summary[/b][/size][/center]
[center][b]____________________________[/b][/center]
[left][size=85][b]Mushers[/b]
Name | Sex | Age | [url=link]X[/url]

[b]Mushers' Apprentices[/b]

[b]Pets[/b]

[b]Pup-Mothers[/b]
↪ stats - position
↪ stats - position

[b]Pups[/b]
↪ stats
↪ stats

[b]Elders[/b]
↪ stats
↪ stats[/size][/left][right][size=85][b]Lead Dog Yearlings[/b]
↪ stats
↪ stats

[b]Swing Dog Yearlings[/b]
↪ stats
↪ stats

[b]Team Dog Yearlings[/b]
↪ stats
↪ stats

[b]Wheel Dog Yearlings[/b]
↪ stats
↪ stats

[b]Undecided Yearlings[/b]
↪ stats
↪ stats[/size][/right][center][size=85][b]Lead Dogs[/b]
↪ stats
↪ stats

[b]Swing Dogs[/b]
↪ stats
↪ stats

[b]Team Dogs[/b]
↪ stats
↪ stats

[b]Wheel Dogs[/b]
↪ stats
↪ stats

[color=transparent]x

x[/color][/size][/center]
[center][b]____________________________[/b][/center]
[left][size=85][b]Ally Teams[/b]
None

[b]Enemy Teams[/b]
None

[b]Border Teams[/b]
North | open
Northeast | open
East | open
Southeast | open
South | open
Southwest | open
West | open
Northwest | open[/size][/left][right][size=85][b]Medicine Store[/b]
Medicine | #

[b]Prey Storage[/b]
Prey | # of prey | servings

[color=transparent]x
x[/color][/size][/right][center][size=85][b]Training[/b]
yearling name | # of sessions | skills

[b]Deceased Members[/b]
dog/musher name | cause of death

[b]Families[/b]
name & name | pups[/size][/center]
Last edited by Phina D Wolf on Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Phina D Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

List Of Teams

Postby Phina D Wolf » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:02 am

PHINA D WOLF
Sushinekko - Snowy Hills Team
Marya D - Arctic Drift
aesthetic. - Tempest Du Écho
мαρℓεғσxιε - Team of the Rising Sun
snowbell. - Whispering Woods
marshmello. - Inferno Team
Phina D Wolf - Aput Team
resonatings - Team of Thundering Paws
iceypopCS - vähän lunta
ilhdc7 - Lunar Lights Team
bel. - Team of Aurora Polaris
chinch - Snowstorm
A Fox's Tail - Silver Ridge
Nightwolf950 - Arctic Gale
Katrione - Mountain Runners
_Ravenfeather_ - Ice Shards Team
BrightDays - Team of Healing Paws
Last edited by Phina D Wolf on Sun May 06, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Phina D Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Create a Sled Team - (v.1)

Postby NightWolf950 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:48 pm

The Arctic Gale team is a peaceful and swift team. They are very loyal to their musher and often jump to their protection during dangerous times. They live in the far north where every night they are graced with the Northern Lights. The team is very competitive, often racing one another for fun. They live along side a mountain in a large barn. Their musher lives in a nearby cabin. Although their territory is mostly full of snow, during the spring time the most beautiful flowers bloom.

The most common breeds are Akitas, Akita Inus, Alaskan Huskies, Alaskan Malamutes, American Indian Dogs, Karelian Bear Dogs, Labrador retrievers, Newfoundlands, Samoyeds, Siberian Huskies, West Siberian Laikas, Mutts, and Shikokus. The team can have other breeds as well, but more of them being more uncommon/rare.
NightWolf950

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

INFERNO TEAM

Postby serpentine. » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:50 pm

inferno team is one that prowls and trains in the high, frigid mountains of northern alaksa, named the inferno mountains due to the team. they are proud and vicious in getting to victory and won't hesitate to take a bite out of you if they want to but are known to have flirty attitudes around other teams and often, their mushers arrange them as partners. these dogs are swift, agile runners and no matter what breed they are they will become broad-shouldered and muscular in no time. in inferno team, all dogs are welcome whether they be big or small, little or weak, and they will become champions. inferno team are loyal, protective dogs who are wary of stranger dogs and who will protect and care for each other no matter what happens to the team. they're loyal to the death, a family, and are dedicated and loyal to their musher. they are the best of the best and they expect nothing less with a long, extensive and rigorous training called reconditioning for all of the dogs. i would like inferno team's musher to be male c:
Last edited by serpentine. on Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
serpentine.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby morrissey » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:50 pm

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
      territory;; arctic drift is named after the kennel where their dogs say, the arctic drift kennel. they live relatively close to town, though they like to say that they are independant. the kennel is surrounded by thick pine trees, where the musher lets the dogs run. paths have been carved in the snow, where each morning, bright and early, the dogs of arctic drift wake up and start to train.
      training;; training regimens are very strict in arctic drift, and they often start with warmups, where the dogs run laps around the field. then comes touch training, where the musher quickly runs over touch commands with their dogs. then the dogs are hitched and practice runs start, they run a few miles, stopping in between to eat, then starting again. one of their runs loops around the town, where people stop in awe and watch as the team pulls their musher.
      dogs;; the owners of arctic drift are very strict with the type of dogs that are allowed into their team. only the most elite alaskan malamutes, siberian huskies, a mix between the two, eskimo dogs, and karelian bear dogs. the dogs are selected by their endurance, intelligence, strength, and speed. arctic drift dogs are rather proud, and like to flaunt it, causing many rivalries between those that they may meet on patrol.
      may he be my musher? <3
morrissey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Phina D Wolf » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:20 pm

sushinekko wrote:

Snowy Hills team is mainly composed of fluffy dogs, such as Samoyeds and Alaskan Malamutes. Akita Inus are uncommon, but not rare. The dogs are usually kind, caring, and welcoming, like their mushers. They train among the trees, with their territory holding many gullies and logs. The territory is littered with small streams, bordered by cold rocks, which are usually frozen due to the cold weather. Evergreen trees make up most of the territory. All dogs are kept and cared for, regardless of breed, age, gender, etc. The mushers most often arrange relationships between their pack members.

The dogs in Snowy Hills team are often marked off as "cuddly" dogs- them being extremely friendly and all. But they aren't at all-
they will snap at any creature- human or dog- that tries to treat them as a pet. They are devoted to their races, although the occasional dog may run away to live with the humans as a "pet". Snowy Hills despise these kinds of dogs, and will not welcome dogs back if they have decided that living with humans was not for them. They will, however, accept runaway house pets into their team.

I would like my musher to be female! c:

Snowy Hills Team has been founded!

NightWolf950 wrote:

The Arctic Gale team is a peaceful and swift team. They are very loyal to their musher and often jump to their protection during dangerous times. They live in the far north where every night they are graced with the Northern Lights. The team is very competitive, often racing one another for fun. They live along side a mountain in a large barn. Their musher lives in a nearby cabin. Although their territory is mostly full of snow, during the spring time the most beautiful flowers bloom.

The most common breeds are Akitas, Akita Inus, Alaskan Huskies, Alaskan Malamutes, American Indian Dogs, Karelian Bear Dogs, Labrador retrievers, Newfoundlands, Samoyeds, Siberian Huskies, West Siberian Laikas, Mutts, and Shikokus. The team can have other breeds as well, but more of them being more uncommon/rare.

Arctic Gale Team has been founded! (Since you indicate male or female, I gave you two. Pick one to start with. :D)

marshmello. wrote:

inferno team is one that prowls and trains in the high, frigid mountains of northern alaksa, named the inferno mountains due to the team. they are proud and vicious in getting to victory and won't hesitate to take a bite out of you if they want to but are known to have flirty attitudes around other teams and often, their mushers arrange them as partners. these dogs are swift, agile runners and no matter what breed they are they will become broad-shouldered and muscular in no time. in inferno team, all dogs are welcome whether they be big or small, little or weak, and they will become champions. inferno team are loyal, protective dogs who are wary of stranger dogs and who will protect and care for each other no matter what happens to the team. they're loyal to the death, a family, and are dedicated and loyal to their musher. they are the best of the best and they expect nothing less with a long, extensive and rigorous training called reconditioning for all of the dogs. i would like inferno team's musher to be male c:

Inferno Team has been founded!

marya d. wrote:
          ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
      territory;; arctic drift is named after the kennel where their dogs say, the arctic drift kennel. they live relatively close to town, though they like to say that they are independant. the kennel is surrounded by thick pine trees, where the musher lets the dogs run. paths have been carved in the snow, where each morning, bright and early, the dogs of arctic drift wake up and start to train.
      training;; training regimens are very strict in arctic drift, and they often start with warmups, where the dogs run laps around the field. then comes touch training, where the musher quickly runs over touch commands with their dogs. then the dogs are hitched and practice runs start, they run a few miles, stopping in between to eat, then starting again. one of their runs loops around the town, where people stop in awe and watch as the team pulls their musher.
      dogs;; the owners of arctic drift are very strict with the type of dogs that are allowed into their team. only the most elite alaskan malamutes, siberian huskies, a mix between the two, eskimo dogs, and karelian bear dogs. the dogs are selected by their endurance, intelligence, strength, and speed. arctic drift dogs are rather proud, and like to flaunt it, causing many rivalries between those that they may meet on patrol.

Arctic Drift has been founded!
╔════════════╗

Hi, I'm Phina D Wolf! I'm here
mostly for the people and the
adopts and games I'm a part
of, but I know pet rarities
pretty well too. If you want to
chat, my inbox is open!
those, feel free to hit me up!
I'm always happy to chat!

╚════════════╝
ImageImageImageImageImage
Phina D Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Phina D Wolf » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:29 pm

Put team is a motley crew of all sorts of dogs, all brought together for their talent for sledding. The musher always lets the dogs run free on her land when she can, preventing their rigorous training schedule from becoming over whelming. While her land in mostly flat snow, she travels with the dogs all over to train them on different terrain. The most common dogs in this team are mutts, but purebreds are welcomed equally, the most common of them being Huskies of all kinds, Samoyeds and Malamutes.

If my musher could be female, that would be lovely. :D
╔════════════╗

Hi, I'm Phina D Wolf! I'm here
mostly for the people and the
adopts and games I'm a part
of, but I know pet rarities
pretty well too. If you want to
chat, my inbox is open!
those, feel free to hit me up!
I'm always happy to chat!

╚════════════╝
ImageImageImageImageImage