Create A Shelter • [ Volume One ]

Just a little fun for when you have time to kill

Re: Create A Shelter • [ Volume One ]

Postby DisneyLuv » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:34 am

This beautiful and quiet shelter is located within a vast outstretch of oak and maple trees. They serve as a cover to keep the shelter safe and secure. The only way of reaching it is through a service road that has its own exit off of a populated highway. There are some infrequent complaints about not being able to locate the service road that leads to the shelter, but most of those complaints come from tourists that had just moved into the area. It’s located in Oregon, where the air is clean and the trees are green. The atmosphere is enjoyable for the staff and the animals alike. Nearby, there was also a wide river that would lead to a grand lake, where campers would come out to enjoy the view. As a special treat, the staff would walk the dogs there as a little field trip away from the shelter.

The shelter itself is comfortable and mid-sized, made entirely of wood and coated with a thick white paint. The windows had shutters that were a darker shade of blue, and the roofing had shingles that matched the color. From the outside it looked very similar to a well-built house. But there were some obvious differences, including the outside runs that could be seen from the small parking lot and the enclosed cat play areas that jutted out from the right side of the building. Gardens of beautiful plant life sat in little gardens at the entrance, along with many welcoming and homey signs and decorations. Once you walked through the door, there was a quaint receptionist area with 3-4 waiting chairs and a neat, organized desk. On either side, there were two doors. One led to the dogs and one led to the cats. This shelter only housed dogs and cats, and it was the simplicity of the shelter that kept people coming back. The dog kennels were decently sized, and inside each was a plush dog bed, a toy, and two bowls. One for food and one for water. Each kennel also had a dog-sized door on the back wall. They were opened every morning for the dogs to go in and out at their leisure, but around dusk they close them for the night. In the cat room, there were several cat enclosures that resembled cages. However they cages were comfortable and decently spaced, and each one had a blanket that covered the entirety of the floor, plus two bowls, a litter box, and two toys. Every day the cats in the shelter were taken to the cat play enclosure for 2-4 hours a day so that they are able to stretch their legs. There was room in the shelter for exactly 12 dogs and 15 cats.

“I’ve always dreamed of opening up a simple shelter that has limited capacity, so that our adopters are more likely to adopt a pet on the same day they arrive. In large scale shelters, adopters are pressured by all of the choices and also the less than par conditions and the noise. In my shelter, I eliminate all of that by having comfortable living conditions for the animals that we do have, instead of having to budget all of our money simply for food and toys due to the growing populations. We want our animals comfortable, and we want our adopters to feel as though they have choices, but not in an overwhelming way. That’s how my idea for Freedom Oaks was born.“

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

DisneyLuv

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

w0ah's shelter replies (03)

Postby w0ah » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:21 am

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
        shelters: bayleaf palms animal shelter , acronymm
        ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

BAYLEAF PALMS ANIMAL SHELTER:

xxxxbank account balance: 14 coins.

• cassie thoroughly enjoys the extra playtime, and with less energy, has been able to sleep better through the nights. however, maybe some toys could help to cure her boredom even further? it's recommended that the shelter purchase some toys to help.

• angus has grown more and more comfortable with the frequent trail rides as the days go by. he seems to even beg for them at times, in the ways that horses can! the training and encouragement from the staff have aided in this growth tremendously.

• karo is also beginning to come out of his shell day-by-day, though it is recommended to still give him his needed space so that he may grow comfortable with the environment.

• everest, falcon, and cassie seem to be getting along so well! they could definitely use some toys to play with, though.

• lotus has been very comfortable, and as expected, rather content with just lounging around her space in the sun. there have been no complications with the pregnancy thus far, as the staff are rather grateful to hear.

• the vet examines the haflinger mare and prescribes specific feeds or diets to accommodate the rehabilitation of the malnourished horse. in a time of 3 months, the mare should be in much better shape, if the shelter keeps-up with the feeding schedule and treatments.

• all in all, the shelter seems to be running well! the animals are all well-adjusted and everything seems under control by the staff.

• although the staff search tirelessly for animals to help and rehabilitate at their shelter, there are little to none to be found this month. hopefully next time, they'll be able to find those in need.

• note: please remember to age-up your animals each post by 1 month.

DisneyLuv wrote:
      FREEDOM OAKS SANCTUARY

★ your application has been accepted, and freedom oaks sanctuary has officially been approved for business!
        ↪ welcome to create-a-shelter! i, w0ah, will be your moderator.
        ↪ make sure you have read through all of the rules and information! if you need any help or advice, feel free to pm any of the mods.
        ↪ your shelter starts off with a himalayan cat, jack russel terrier, and a mutt.
        five coins has also been deposited into your account!
w0ah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lennon; » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:13 am

Risk for Change Rescue

Founded by a former military veteran, Risk for Change is a rescue solely dedicated to the rehabilitation of various birds of prey. It is located in the vast expanse of the Californian desert, where the founder currently resides with his two daughters and only son. His children also assist in the care and rehabilitation of the birds, as his eldest daughter is a veterinarian. The rescue was founded on the basis of caring for the birds of prey that those in this desert seem to despise so much. Hawks and owls get such a bad rep that the founder, a man by the name of Taliesin Ford, couldn't help but feel bad for them. Add on the fact that these birds are losing their territory by the day, and he couldn't stand to see this go on any longer.
Ford only adopts out to reputable aviaries and sanctuaries, and the application process is long and extensive. But all birds come fully trained and with a certificate of good behavior, so it's definitely worth the wait.
Mimchii Says wrote:
Did you drink water today?

lennon;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DisneyLuv » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:21 pm

Number of Animals: 03 | Number Of Coins: 05 | Mod: w0ah

•Staff head into the forest to search for more animals to rescue.
•Bee is stroked and cuddled with.
•Jackson and Rascal are played with separately.

Dogs:
          2/12
          Jackson | 5 Yrs | Male | Mutt | Blue Heeler/Retriever | X
          Rascal | 3 Yrs | Male | Jack Russell Terrier | X
          Name | Age | Gender | [url=link]X[/url]

Cats
          1/12
          Bee | 5 Yrs | Male | Himalayan | X

Deaths:
          Name | How They Died | Gender | [url=link]X[/url]

Families:
          Dam Name | Sire Name | Babies Names

Notes: I’m excited <3

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

DisneyLuv

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vampiress_fox » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:15 pm

Scales and Shells Rehab and Adoption Center

This sanctuary will house the more exotic pets that people might not want to keep, everything from a goldfish won at a fair to a hitch-hiker that came overseas on a bunch of bananas. They also take care of various animals that are confiscated by airports and the like so that they will not be destroyed. The main animals that this sanctuary takes in are Fish, Amphibians and Insects/Arachnids (pretty all forms of bugs and creepy-crawlies that most people would not want in their house).

The founder of this center saw that there were a lot of places that were taking on cats and dogs and the like, but not very many take in the lesser enjoyed creatures. Especially when it comes to the ones that have six or more legs. Also, for the most part, this rescue can be based out of her own home, because there is not much space needed for the ones that she rescues.

This was the problem, though, because as of currently she was still living with her mother and father. She had finally saved up enough to get her own place and start her rescue, though. That was exactly what she was planning on doing!

She had started looking for a business that she could purchase with an apartment above it. She needed a three floor building with a large out building. The apartment would be on the second floor and that is where she could live and keep the creatures that needed quarantine and special care, then the basement would be turned into a storage area for things that could not be kept in the main floor. The main floor she would turn into her business, where she could hold classes and adopt out pets and sell products that pertained to her chosen rescues. The large out-building she could turn into a building to house her aquariums for her more water inclined rescues.

All she needed was a place to set this whole thing up at. She scoured the classified ads to try to find someplace that fit what she was looking for, and found a place. She sent an email to the owner to see if she could purchase the place.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am interested in taking over the space you have advertised. It is a perfect fit for the business that I wish to start.

This business will be a rescue for animals that others do not want. I come from a long line of reptile and amphibian breeders, as well as keep a variety of fish, amphibians, and insects in my care. I have been doing this for years and would like to create a home for the many four, six, eight, million and zero legged creatures that are so misunderstood. I would also use these animals for educational purposes to help others understand them better.

I conduct a rigorous background check, home check, and testing to ensure that my creatures will go to proper homes and be well taken care of.

If you would like to entrust me with this property, please contact me at your earliest convenience.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
All Things Serve The Beam
Create-A-Parliament~Depository~My Raiders
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
~ Coding
xxxxxxxxxxx
vampiress_fox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

bayleaf palms animal shelter • [04]

Postby acronymm » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:53 am

number of animals: 12 | number of coins: 17 | season: spring
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

• toys are purchased, and cassie is offered a variety of toys to choose from.
• angus is stroked, and ridden more, this time, farther off property. staff are sure to praise him frequently to keep his confidence up.
• staff show karo as much affection as he seems comfortable with. with the progress he's shown, staff will be sure to socialize him first before releasing him into the main canine area.
• everest, falcon, and cassie now have toys, hopefully they find a favorite out of the large variety they now have!
• lotus is given space for the pregnancy, hopefully she's not entirely against that.
• honey the halflinger is brought to her own large quarantine pen. her food has been upped in nutrition, and supplements have been added, as well as frequent treatments to keep her feeling happy and well.
• staff members go looking for more animals in need <3

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

canines:
          cassie | 1 year, 10 months old | female | lakeland terrier | image
          karo | 2 years, 5 months | male | pitbull | image
          everest | 15 weeks | female | pitbull | image
          falcon | 17 weeks | male | pitbull | image

felines:
          shira | 2 years, 3 months old | female | american shorthair | image
          lotus | 1 year, 11 months | female | tonkinese | image
          scorpio | 8 years, 12 months | male | moggie | image
          cora | 5 years, 7 months | female | moggie | image

equines:
          angus | 4 years, 7 months | stallion | shire | image
          honey | 14 years, 4 months | mare | halflinger | image
          tempest | 5 years, 9 months | gelding | irish draught | image
          mable | 16 years, 2 months | mare | clydesdale | image

Deaths:

Families:

Notes: oh goodness, i totally forgot about aging, my bad! updated c:
acronymm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skarrred » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:15 am

Special Pals
Special Pals is a shelter located by a supermarket and movie theatre, making it visited often by pet lovers. It looks a bit..run-down by the ivy crawling up the walls, but really the shelter just lets nature do its thing. Inside the shelter, there are large enclosures where two bigger (or 4 smaller) animals can sit in and walk around comfortably in the front area, usually same gender and around the same size, or if they get along well. After tons of these cages, incase where can be expanded by removing a cage and making hallways, is smaller enclosures. Much smaller species, such as felines, live there. There is still plenty of space for there size. After those enclosures are passed, many posts encased in small glass are where birds, lizards, snakes etc. could potentially live, though each would be customized differently. There is plenty of space for expansion if new species were introduced or more enclosures were needed. The check-in is to the side of the entrance door, where you can ask to adopt a pup. After the check-in, there are two grass-floored rooms for getting to know your new pet.

So far, larger dogs (Kangals, Malamutes, Huskies, Retrievers, etc.) felidae such as tabbies and tuxedos, and many different species fo birds are accepted into the shelter. Lizards and snakes may be introduced later, and other species may as well. (If I get a canine on starting, may it be a Kangal or Alaskan Malamute? <3)

Anyone that is willing to be active can by my moderator!

I will have dog, cat, and bird food. Beds for each animal with a blanket on each for winter, brushes for grooming, many different types of toys, and treats usable by dogs, cats, and birds.

Thank you!
x
x
x
xxxxx
"𝔻𝕠 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕗𝕖𝕒𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕧𝕚𝕥𝕒𝕓𝕝𝕖, 𝕒𝕤
xxxxx𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕔𝕒𝕟 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖 𝕚𝕥."

x
x[/size]
Skarrred

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Felines for families | starting post

Postby ARKYQ » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:54 am

Felines for Families started as a small group of people who helped out stray cats but recently, they were made official and with a small grant from the municipality of St Thomas, ON, they were able to branch out into more species of felidae and get their own building. Their two main focuses are small domestic cats and larger breeds of feline. Now many species move in and out as they work on rehoming cats of all kind, rescuing them from terrible living conditions and unfortunate circumstances. Their goal is, and always will be, to make better lives for felines and families everywhere.

At first glance you might just drive past the shelter, with their half-burnt out sign, but once you know it’s there, it’s unmistakable. A relatively large building with an even larger enclosure filled with rocks and trees and... is that a lion? Entering the building there is a desk and a few kittens play with a child in a pen in the corner of the room. Going further into the building there are two rooms, one is far larger than the other, and many mews can be heard from the smaller one. Inside the smaller one, are a dozen Cages, each with a cat dozing or playing inside. About four others house two or three cats each. In the other room there are many large felines lounging in cages large enough to hold a small pony. Further down the hallway are about four rooms, doors closed, marked ‘staff only’, presumably there to help the felines have a more comfortable lifestyle. Leaving the hallway, and walking out, there is a sign on the door. It says, ‘Felines for Families; now open for business!’

Alright, so I had one shelter before, but I wasn’t too happy with it, so here we go, take two I guess!
ARKYQ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Happy Paws Shelter [Starter Post]

Postby ♡HappyAlpaca♡ » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:27 am

ℍ𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕪 ℙ𝕒𝕨𝕤 𝕊𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕥𝕖𝕣

Happy Paws Shelter will be located on a hill over a town. The shelter has a sort of vintage look (shown here: http://www.vintageindustrialstyle.com/v ... try-house/ the first one). On the outside a huge sign overhangs that says ‘Happy Paws Shelter’. We will house cats, dogs, and rabbits of all shapes and sizes.

“I need this because...I’ve been with animals my whole life. I’ve seen how other shelters have treated them,” I said tears filling my eyes. “They needed to be treated better. I’ve had tons of animals plus I can even do more research on how to keep the well,” I stopped and thought for a second. “My mother used to own a shelter. She is my role model. I want to make her proud. To show that I really care,” My mind flashed back to how well my mother would care for them, giving them treats and big pens. “I know what I’m doing, you can trust me on that, and all I would need is one chance. One chance to show you what I know,”
If you are reading this, I probably have decided to leave CS. I apologize to all of the friends I made on here. Have a good life.
From,
HappyAlpaca
♡HappyAlpaca♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me