Rate The Character Above You V.7 (New rule Pg 224)

Just a little fun for when you have time to kill

Re: Rate The Character Above You V.7

Postby bananer » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:14 am

6/10
Generally I'm not a huge fan of blue bases, though this is quite fitting. The design is pretty and not too much for the eye, though I'd like something to stick out a little more than the cyan eye for me to give it a 10/10.

What about my wolf, Fallen Angel? Not much info about them, only that me and my sister designed it together a couple of years ago!
╔══════════════════════════════════════════╗
Hello, I'm Bananer
Say hello

╚══════════════════════════════════════════╝
Image Image Image
╔════════════════════════╗
DA-Characters-Art Shop-FR-Toyhou
╚════════════════════════╝
bananer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cruxich » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:59 am

7/10 Her design is a little too dark for my tastes, but I definitely love the galaxy mane and tail tip. The bandage on the leg along with the necklace wrapped around the tail is a little random, but it's not bothersome or anything. It would be rather nice if there was more info to this character, as from her appearance I think it would be entirely possible to make a pretty cool story for them.

Lainey (right)? By unknown
More art of her can be seen here. She doesn't have any information due to still being rather new.
---------
I'm not really active on here all that much lol, unless there's an on-site event going on.
--------
ImageImage
Cruxich

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlizzardTheWizard » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:30 am

wow! 9.3/10!

really simple design but there is just something about it that makes me want it! her wild hair and cutsie freckles are the things that stand out to me! <3 Don't even get me started on that pallet! who doesn't like a nice, soft brown against a stunning pastel colour? such a cute character! <3

how about spirit?
Attachments
Spirit Art.png
Spirit Art.png (194.52 KiB) Viewed 57 times

hi! Call me bliz or whatever else you can think of. I use she/they pronouns. Feel free to PM me :)

Toyhouse: BlizzardTheWizard
Discord: BlizzardTheWizard#3894
PFP by Shadeyenova
BlizzardTheWizard

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magica » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:37 pm

five out of ten --

they're sort of... busy? i do like their skull mask-like thing and the black teeth are cool, sneks are awesome, and the dull oranges and browns are nice, but the neon green/green bone really throw me off. maybe change the bone to white to match their face, and the neon green to something that better matches the brown and orange.

beatrice? by sock.!

will be drawing up a new ref sheet for her soon, so feel free to be as nitpicky as you want! almost all of her design elements will stay the same, though.

here's what i have so far in terms of changes -

- blue mouth & paws
- simplify butt markings
- change ear colour

- - - - - - - - - - -
fae | she/they

illustrator 𖤐 inactive
toyhs 𖤐 twt 𖤐 ©

on twitter, mostly!
- - - - - - - - - -
magica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bear » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:45 pm

it's an interesting design! i really like the brown and blue together mostly! i feel like the black accessories kinda intrude on the brown/blue palette, though. though i REALLY like the tail, the markings are nice n simple compared to the rest of the design which fits nicely! i totally agree on changing the ear colour, it kinda blends in too much with the hair and i had trouble noticing it at first haha. other than that i'm not totally 100% on the purple and red on the eye, it seems a bit out of place for me, but otherwise still a quite nice design!
    7/10

Kakar?
    all by me!
    。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
    I am not active.
bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby will byers » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:09 pm

I'll be rating Alexei. I really like Alexei's design. She looks wonderful! Though, in my opinion, their clothes don't really match, but who cares ya know, she still looks wonderful! I really love her personality about having an apartment about plants and working at a local pet store. Overall, Alexei looks like an amazing character and she certainly caught my eye while I was looking for a character to rate. I'd give her a high 8.5/10!

My wonderful boy, Maxwell:

Maxwell is a very timid boy. He gets anxious pretty easily, though, he plays it off usually to avoid any drama. Thoughh, he doesn’t let getting anxious stop him whenever he has the chance to meet a new friend! He loves to make new friends, usually, he likes to play pretend. Maxwell tends to get too adventurous and would go to the extent of extreme danger to get a good ol’ kick of entertainment. Maxwell lived a nice, clean life in his home state of Florida. The state known for it’s sunshine and rain, but mostly it’s beautiful beaches. Maxwell went to a nice public school where he had tons of friends. Though, even if they were separated in middle school, he still keeps up wh them to this day. One day, when a rain storm pulled through, Maxwell convinced his mother to let him go outside and play. Once outside, a few minutes later, he saw a red cape laying on the dirty, muddy grass. Going to check the scene out, Maxwell saw the red cape, though it had a few holes in it, Maxwell managed to convince his mother to wash the cape and fix it up for his delight. He pasted two big balls of cotton on the sides to form the illusion the cape had wings. Though, surprisingly, Maxwell doesn’t even like the fabric on his cape. Which is velvet.
░░░░░░
░░░░░░

. . . . . . . .
████
████
████
████

link here,
link here,

─────
████
████
░░░░░░░
╒══════╕

text box one

└──────┘

█████████
────────────
█████████
───── 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚎𝚝!
╒══════════╕

text box two

└──────────┘
░░░░░░░
. . . . . . . .

will byers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pigeon3456 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:06 pm

6/10 hes a nice character tbh!! Talking just about his design, he looks really nice and his colors are very good together. I like his hairstyle. Talking about other aspects of him, his personality is about as interesting as I suppose a child can be? There isn't a whole lot of depth to it, but it would be hard for there to be since he's a child. If I'm honest I'm not overly fond of child characters because (again just my opinion) they just aren't as interesting. There isn't quite as much opportunity for backstory or character development imo. But overall, nice design, but the fact that he's a lil child makes him not really my type of character tbh, mostly because I find it hard to find child characters interesting.

--------
https://sta.sh/01efim49bicc

edwin? more art and personality info is here (everything by me): https://sta.sh/2rflmdmsh4
//i'd really appreciate if you could read or even just skim his info because it's a big part of his character!//
oh also keep in mind that he's meant to be in a realistic/historical fiction setting so i mean for him to come off somewhat like a real/normal person!
▲▲▲
dm me if you want to know other places where you can contact me or where you can find my art
▲▲▲
▲▲▲
pigeon3456

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magica » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:18 pm

ten out of ten --

i'm not usually a fan of human characters because it's tough to make them unique without developing a whole personality for them ... but you've done just that and it's amazing. and then, even his physical design is great - redhead characters are something you don't see often, and i love his glasses. it's also neat that he's a priest! i've not once seen a character like him, and the fact that his sexuality is at odds with his religion is very interesting. i'd read a book about him, honestly.

lou? by me <: she's supposed to be pretty simple.

- - - - - - - - - - -
fae | she/they

illustrator 𖤐 inactive
toyhs 𖤐 twt 𖤐 ©

on twitter, mostly!
- - - - - - - - - -
magica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cruxich » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:45 pm

8/10 I don't see many squirrel or Animal Crossing ocs, but she is very cute as well so kudos to you for that. The heart patterned shirt and pink arm markings are really fitting, but I have mixed feeling about the hair. I would prefer it to be a more darker, or lighter shade of the main red fur color or even a darker pink that it blends in well with the rest.

Jackie? By sparklebloomswirl
Jackie is a lumberjack minotaur that insists on carrying her finished cut wood herself rather than loading it into a wagon. She is the usual rough and tumble gal who's actually wholehearted and social with others. There's a less tolerable side to her though. She's a bit boastful with her strength and will often demonstrate by flexing in front of anyone who asks. Jackie is loud as well, but deep down she cares about her friends and won't hesitate to get aggressive or tough when they need help.
---------
I'm not really active on here all that much lol, unless there's an on-site event going on.
--------
ImageImage
Cruxich

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lesbian » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:49 pm

9/10;
      She is super cute and it's a really original design - I've never seen someone with a minotaur character before! I especially love that she's a lumberjack, that's really cool! I love the personality you gave her - and I especially love how it shines through in the art of her!

As I said her design is super cute and I love the little details, the little cattle ear tag earring is really clever and cute! And I'm a sucker for flannel so I adore her clothes!

---

[ design and art by SnakeBean ]
      image text wrote:ANJALI:
      ♡ divination
      ♡ coffee
      ♡ meteor showers

My girl, Anjali: she's quite reserved in all aspects of her life but especially when around strangers. It can be difficult for her to let her hair down even around people she trusts. She lets people walk over her because she avoids conflict at all costs; whether said conflict is real or imagined. Despite this she is actually a very passionate person, and if she is given the chance would spend hours discussing them.

She's always got big plans and has her head in the clouds so needs to have someone around who keeps their feet on the ground for her because without that person she'd have millions of ideas but no drive to actually enact them.
Last edited by lesbian on Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
hàlo, is mise fineal! (hello, my name is fennel!)
i'm a queer artist from scotland, & i've been on
cs for 12 years now!! mainly here to collect tho
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
they/them • adhd (bad @ pms/trades) • lesbian
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
lesbian

My pets
My items