Create A Clan- V.3

Just a little fun for when you have time to kill

Re: Create A Clan- V.3

Postby spideysense » Fri May 04, 2018 12:29 pm

Flightclan
Number of Cats: 1

Sneezestar crept up to the shimmering pool beside the waterfall, shivering as he saw
the stars in the pool, shining even though overhead the sky was cloudy overhead.
*Atch-choo!* He sneezed, spoiling his moment of wonder. He crouched beside
the starry puddle and lapped from its surface. AS he drifted to sleep, he muttered,
"Star--*atch-choo!*--Clan, please send me an *atch-choo!*pprentice so i may
teach him or her the ways of *atch-choo!* Flightclan."

[Sneezestar asks star clan for an apprentice]
[Sneezestar goes hunting]

Leader:
          Sneezestar | 39 moons | tom | X
          Lives: ★★★★★★★★★

Deputy:
          Name | Age | Gender | [url=link]X[/url]

Medicine Cat:

Warriors:

Apprentices:

Queens:

Kits:

Elders:
    Ally Clans:
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders
    North | Clan Name | Username
    East | Clan Name | Username
    South | Clan Name | Username
    West | Clan Name | Username

Medicine Store
    Herb | Usage
    Herb | Usage

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Mice | x0 | 0 serving
    Frog | x0 | 0 servings
    Rabbit | x0 | 0 servings
    Small fish | x0 | 0 servings
    Sparrow | x0 | 0 servings
    Vole | x0 | 0 servings

Mentors:
    Mentor | Apprentice | No. of training sessions | Moves

Deceased Cats:
    Cat Name | Cause of Death

Family:
    Name and Name | Kits
    Name and Name | Kits
Last edited by spideysense on Fri May 04, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spideysense

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby serl » Fri May 04, 2018 12:43 pm

my clan is called zephyrclan.
    the clan is located in a large dense spruce & pine forest. nearby their camp is a river, which serves as their water & fish source. by the river is a large rock, which leaders are buried.
    the clan is quite peaceful and keeps to themselves, they're quite reserved and don't speak to other clans much, unless they attend gatherings. this is caused by the cat's personalities. many in the clan are quiet, and many don't have friends from other clans. yet some are more outgoing. the reputation of zephyrclan is awful and is still recovering. 22 moons ago, the past leader of the clan, duskstar, caused havoc to the clans near zephyrclan. duskstar got many warriors from far away and evil clans, rogues, and his own clan to fight against each clan near zephyrclan, killing as many cats as possible. if a zephyrclan cat disagreed, they'd be killed. this tragedy caused zephyrclan to be reserved, hoping it won't happen again.
╔═════════════╗

kaia/serl
she | paper rad#2431
hi i'm serl <3 my special interest is
cats! currently, i'm hyperfixating on the
idolm@ster, touhou, and chicken
smoothie! i'm a big rhythm game fan
and i frequent my local arcade! i also
really love music <3 my favorite
genres are happy hardcore, denpa,
classic rock, mashcore, & vocal trance!

╚═════════════╝
serl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winter solstice. » Fri May 04, 2018 2:47 pm

SeaClan
Number of Cats: 40 (20 M | 20 F)
Next Moonpool Visit: May 6, 2018
Archive Thread: boop
Territory: boop

Serving Size: 8

(Updated sparrows as 3 servings as per "birds are 3 servings" rule on first post. Cham and I agreed on Bird in their recent reply was a duck, hence 3 servings, and keeping rabbits as rabbits, as 2 servings as per first post rules.)

(Brocadepaw)
"...and until you have earned your warrior name, you shall be known as Brocadepaw," the sandy-furred leader of the group of cats they called SeaClan announced, causing the young tortoiseshell she-cat to shiver in excitement. She was no longer a boring kittypet who had to rely on her housefolk to feed her. No. That was all behind her. She was no longer Tina the kittypet. She was Brocadepaw, a proper wild cat! Brocadepaw was so absorbed in her thinking that she only caught the last bits of the words of the cat called Leafstar, "...and I hope that you pass all that you know to her." Turning around, the former kittypet came face to face with a long-haired gray tabby she-cat, her green eyes glowing with warmth. The she-cat mewed quietly, "Touch noses with me, young one." A bit confused, the tortoiseshell she-cat did as told, and the Clan cats roared out her name, along with the Clanborn cat Goldenkit, who got her name changed to Goldenpaw just before her, "Goldenpaw! Brocadepaw! Goldenpaw! Brocadepaw!"As Brocadepaw stared at the many faces of the cats around her, Goldenpaw mewed softly behind her, "You'll love it here in a Clan!" As the tortoiseshell she-cat smiled back in response, her mentor, the gray tabby she-cat, cut in, "Sorry to interrupt you two, but I'm about to take Brocadepaw out to see the territory." Goldenpaw's eyes widened in wonder as she asked, "Whoa! Which side, Mintnose?" As Brocadepaw realized her mentor was named Mintnose -as she hadn't paid attention after getting her name- the gray warrior chuckled and meowed, "We're going to the sea, as part of the border patrol. In fact," she added, glancing back at the thinning crowd of cats, "here comes Whisperdust." The beautiful silver tabby she-cat that had been named as Goldenpaw's mentor came to her apprentice's side and purred, "Congratulations, Brocadepaw, and welcome to SeaClan!" Dipping her head toward Mintnose, the warrior continued, "Mintnose's a great tracker in the Clan, young one!" Mintnose flattened her ears in embarrassment as she mumbled, "I'm not that good, Whisperdust, look at Ivynose." Rolling her eyes, Whisperdust mewed, "I said 'a great tracker', I didn't say 'the best'. Besides," she chuckled, "you were using your nose to find things and hunt things long before Ivynose was even born." Snorting, Mintnose called to the apprentices, "Come on, we've been chosen for a border patrol, so it seems perfect timing to show you the sea properly." Goldenpaw cried, "Yes!" as Brocadepaw beamed. She had only glimpsed at the Great Waters, or the 'sea', as these cats here called it, as she was led to the cliffs housing the camp. Now that she could see it properly, she would learn all about it. 'I made the right choice,' she thought, happily following her mentor and the rest of the patrol, 'I'm going to live the life of a wild cat now!'

(Goshawkflight)
Goshawkflight, a black-and-gray tabby tom, made his way down to the shore just as Sleetsky and the other members of the border patrol were about to head closer to the water. The tom called out, "Hey, wait for me!" The warriors that made up the patrol turned around as Sleetsky, who had been named to lead this patrol, mewed, "Ah, Goshawkflight, I was wondering where you were." The tom had only joined SeaClan himself just a few sunrises ago. He wanted to cry out, Give me a break! but opted instead to meow politely, "Sorry, Sleetsky, I forgot Stormfang told me to go with you today." Sleetsky let out an exasperated sigh and indicated for the patrol to follow. As the patrol headed toward the great waters, the tom fell into step with the apprentices, but the two nor he were ready for this sort of thing. The black-and-gray tabby tom asked sheepishly, "So... do we patrol every day?" Whisperdust replied for the inexperienced warrior, "We don't have to, but we still do to keep it safe from intruders, like badgers or foxes." Glancing at the sea as they reached the water's edge, the silver tabby she-cat added, "and in greenleaf, we also watch out for sharks in the sea, but usually they keep to the deep waters, where no cat, however skilled in swimming, dares to go." Brocadepaw piped up, "...Sharks?" Goldenpaw replied, her eyes shining with excitement, "Oh, I'd at least love to see a glimpse of them!" As both Goshawkflight and Brocadepaw looked at the ginger she-cat in confusion, Mintnose mewed, pointing to the sea, "Well, sharks are fish. Just, extremely large fish. They have razor-sharp teeth, even sharper and so much bigger than our own, and they will eat any cat if they are not careful while in their presence." Goldenpaw's face fell as she murmured, "Whoa, that... sounds really scary." Brocadepaw, however, bounced up and down excitedly and exclaimed, "That's cool!" Goshawkflight smiled thinly and followed the patrol the rest of the way in silence, just trying not to forget his schedule now that he was a Clan cat.

(Stormfang)
Stormfang glanced behind his shoulder to see the figures of Ravenwish, Fernstrike, Antfoot, Applemist, and Sagefrost, following right behind him to the now-still Pine Grove. It had been a couple of moons since the Battle Against Crows, and the forest had returned to its previous, silent state. Even the prey had returned to the grove, which was why the solid gray tom was leading a hunting patrol there. Stopping and turning to face his cats, once they were inside the Pine Grove, Stormfang meowed, "So, I've heard that you all were not... happy, with how Leafstar runs things in the Clan." The five cats looked at each other uncomfortably, refusing to speak, for several moments. Stormfang offered, "I won't tell a soul, I promise. I believe that is the case myself." Ravenwish asked, eyes narrowed, "You?" Applemist snorted, "Lowering our guards so that you can tattletale off to Leafstar?" Stormfang growled, "Leafstar's done nothing but grief to SeaClan, especially in the Battle Against Crows. I'm actually glad he made me deputy. I can finally take the leadership for myself and correct the wrongs we've committed against StarClan!" Glancing back at the five cats of his patrol, he added, "Of course, if you will help me." Ravenwish licked his paw rapidly in deep thought before he meowed, "What's in it for us?" Stormfang promised, "If you help me overthrow Leafstar, I will make sure you will enjoy greatness with me." Sagefrost meowed, looking uncomfortable, "Stormfang, it's... isn't it wrong to do this?" Her former mentor blinked, "But wasn't it wrong to have initiated the battle so soon, with so little time to prepare? Do you think we'd still have lost all those cats if we had more time to prepare?" The black-and-white she-cat bowed her head, mewing, "You're right, Stormfang." Fernstrike, a former warrior of ValleyClan, flattened his ears and meowed, "I came here from ValleyClan, I fled the horrors there. I expected to live in a peaceful Clan, just carrying out my duties in peace, perhaps an occasional tussle with a badger or a fox, that sort of a thing. But just within the first moon of me joining, a battle breaks out between cats and crows. Not only that, the battle resulted in the deaths of so many cats as a result." Stormfang nodded sympathetically, "The disappearance of Junipertail is also shrouded in mystery." Antfoot growled, "StarClan must be punishing us for the wrongs we did against them, but it should be more against Leafstar...." Applemist nodded, "A leader is supposed to be one that takes all of his or her Clan's thoughts into consideration when making drastic measures like that, but he never took into account that more than half the clan wasn't ready."

(Carrotpaw)
The hunting patrol had passed by him and the rest of the border patrol patrolling in the Pine Grove, and he was somehow drawn toward Stormfang. He had no idea why, but his gut instincts told him to follow after the gray-furred deputy. The ginger apprentice was careful to stay hidden as he finally tracked them down. He heard Stormfang telling the cats, "So, I've heard that you all were not... happy, with how Leafstar runs things in the Clan." Carrotpaw froze. 'They are talking about dad,' he told himself as he forced himself to stay still, hidden in a bush. He had to lie down flat on his belly not to be seen easily against the dark green of the leaves, but at least it was leaf-fall when the non-pine trees of the forest had already shed their colorful leaves, and he could blend in better. Carrotpaw stayed until the last of the cats, Sagefrost, agreed to help Stormfang plot against Leafstar; the ginger apprentice had heard enough. He ducked out of the bush and fled the scene, making sure not to leave any tracks behind him for the other warriors to suspect a thing.

No one did find out that Carrotpaw had been there, eavesdropping on the cats.

Later that night, Carrotpaw found himself eavesdropping. Again. He hadn't meant to, but then again, had he meant to eavesdrop on Stormfang and his new followers? The ginger apprentice had come to his father's chamber late at night to make a report about it, away from the prying eyes of other warriors. The tom turned to leave when he realized his mother was with Leafstar when he heard Whiterose speak, "I'm staying with you tonight. Not even your most commanding voice will deter me from staying." Leafstar commented heavily, "What a leader I am, allowing so many cats to die at my command." Whiterose growled, "No, Leafstar, they gave their lives so that we may continue to live and do as StarClan dictates us. They gave their lives so that we may win, so that their lives weren't given up in vain." Whiterose concluded firmly, "I'm here to support you, no matter what." Carrotpaw thought it was a good time to interrupt. He knew his father had not been outside of his chamber for many days, again, and it wasn't good for his mental health at all. He meowed loudly and made his presence known, walking into the dimly-lit chamber, "And you got me too, Leafstar." His parents turned to look at him as he continued, "Don't worry, father, I won't let anyone take over without a good fight." He smiled bravely as he went on, "Many of us support you still, you know. You were the one that StarClan chose to rebuild SeaClan, Leafstar. Not Stormfang, not Shorefall, not Ravenwish." He then paused before continuing urgently in a low voice, "Speaking of Ravenwish..." only to be interrupted by his father's stern meow, "Later, Carrotpaw." The ginger tom nodded. He hadn't told him about Stormfang, but Ravenwish was always complaining about Leafstar, after all. His father had gotten his message. Whiterose asked, confusion in her gray eyes, "Huh?" Leafstar meowed, "Only Carrotpaw and I should know of this for now." Turning to his mate, the sandy brown tabby tom purred, though his smile did not quite reach his eyes, "Now, the moon has climbed to its peak tonight, let's get back to sleep." Successfully distracted, Whiterose mewed, "Right, Carrotpaw, off you go, back to the apprentices' chamber." Carrotpaw opened his mouth to protest before glancing back at his father. Sighing, Carrotpaw knew tonight was a good chance to prove to his parents that he wasn't the excitable and completely frivolous kitten he once had been. The ginger apprentice closed his mouth again and meowed formally, "Of course, Leafstar, Whiterose. Good night!" and excused himself first. He knew that Leafstar craved a private moment with his mate, and Carrotpaw knew not to interfere with it for more than necessary. He would talk to Leafstar tomorrow.

[ The Clan consumes Sparrow x2 and Rabbit x1. ]
[ Honeytuft and Dapplepaw gather herbs (for the leafbare). ]
[ Claypool, Ivynose, Rippleheart, Daisysong, Rosefern, and Hawkpaw fish in the river. ]
[ Stormfang, Ravenwish, Fernstrike, Antfoot, Applemist, and Sagefrost hunt in the Pine Grove. ]
[ Sleetsky, Goshawkflight, Mintnose, Whisperdust, Brocadepaw, and Goldenpaw patrol by the sea. ]
[ Stormbreeze, Emberwhisker, Nightwing, Oakshadow, Bellpaw, and Carrotpaw patrol in the Pine Grove. ]
[ Ivynose and Rippeheart become mates! (no kits) ]
[ A former loner named Goshawk has joins SeaClan as a warrior! He is renamed to Goshawkflight. ]
[ A former kittypet named Tina joins SeaClan as an apprentice! She is renamed to Brocadepaw, and is apprenticed to Mintnose. ]
[ Goldenkit has reached the age of six moons, and is apprenticed to Whisperdust. ]
[ Hawkpaw is ready for a warrior assessment! If he passes, his name will be Hawkpath. ]
[ Honeytuft teaches Dapplepaw the Application of Herbs skill. ]
[ Oakshadow teaches Carrotpaw the Fishing skill. ]
[ Nightwing teaches Bellpaw the Bird Hunting skill (try 2). ]
[ Shorefall teaches Thistlepaw the Swimming skill. ]
[ Whiterose teaches Hollypaw the Swimming skill. ]
[ Mintnose teaches Brocadepaw the Stalking skill. ]
[ Whisperdust teaches Goldenpaw the Stalking skill. ]
[ Stormfang gathers some disgruntled warriors to his side and begins to plot something. ]

Leader:
          Leafstar | 48 moons | tom | X
          Lives: ★★★★★★★★☆

Deputy:
          Stormfang | 49 moons | tom | X

Medicine Cat:
          Honeytuft | 51 moons | Tom | X

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
          Dapplepaw | 9 moons | she-cat | X - has a twisted paw

Warriors:
          Emberwhisker | 33 moons | she-cat | X
          Nightwing | 34 moons | she-cat | X
          Shorefall | 51 moons | tom | X
          Oakshadow | 36 moons | tom | X
          Mintnose | 51 moons | she-cat | X
          Claypool | 45 moons | tom | X
          Rippleheart | 20 moons | she-cat | X
          Ivynose | 20 moons | tom | X
          Whisperdust | 51 moons | she-cat | X
          Antfoot | 33 moons | tom | X
          Applemist | 31 moons | she-cat | X
          Rosefern | 63 moons | she-cat | X
          Daisysong | 20 moons | she-cat | X
          Whiterose | 60 moons | she-cat | X
          Stormbreeze | 52 moons | tom | X
          Ravenwish | 29 moons | tom | X
          Goosewing | 41 moons | she-cat | X
          Sleetsky | 24 moons | she-cat | X
          Fernstrike | 31 moons | tom | X
          Sagefrost | 15 moons | she-cat | X
          Goshawkflight | 20 moons | tom | X

Apprentices:
          Hawkpaw | 13 moons | tom | X
          Bellpaw | 13 moons | she-cat | X
          Carrotpaw | 11 moons | tom | X
          Hollypaw | 9 moons | she-cat | X
          Thistlepaw | 9 moons | tom | X
          Brocadepaw | 6 moons | she-cat | X
          Goldenpaw | 6 moons | she-cat | X

Queens:
          Dustflower | 47 moons | she-cat | X
          Softdawn | 30 moons | she-cat | X - blind

Kits:
          Gullkit | 3 moons | tom | X
          Gannetkit | 3 moons | tom | X
          Boomkit | 3 moons | tom | X
          Jadekit | 3 moons | she-cat | X
          Cliffkit | 3 moons | tom | X

Elders:
    Ally Clans:
    GustClan | Chamrosh
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders
    South | Sea (none)
    Northeast | PineClan | deimos
    Northwest | LakeClan | honey-bee
    Southeast | Sea (none)
    Southwest | Sea (none)

Medicine Store
    Alder Bark: For tooth pain (eases toothache). x1
    Beech Leaves: For carrying other herbs. x1
    Bindweed: Fastens sticks to broken legs to keep them in place (unknown effect). x0
    Blackberry Leaves: These leaves are chewed into a pulp (eases the swelling of bee stings). x2
    Borage Leaves: It is chewed and eaten by nursing queens (produces more and better milk, also brings down fevers). x2
    Broom: It is used to make poultices for broken legs and wounds (effect unknown). x0
    Burdock Root: The root is dug up, the soil is washed off, and then it is chewed into a pulp (lessens and heals the pain of infected rat bites; used to prevent infection of rat bites). x1
    Burnet: A traveling herb (Said to help stop minor bleeding on Twolegs; keeps a cat's strength up). x2
    Catchweed: The burrs are put on the pelt where poultices are (stops poultices from being rubbed off without hurting the skin). x1
    Catmint/Catnip: Eaten (best remedy for the deadly greencough, which kits and elders usually catch in the season of leaf-bare; can also be used for whitecough).x2
    Celandine: Juice is trickled into the eye (soothes damaged eyes). x1
    Chamomile: Eaten (strengthens the heart and soothes the mind; also given to traveling cats for strength). x1
    Chervil: Chewed to extract the juice of the leaves or the root (for infected wounds and bellyache, respectively; can also be used during kitting). x1
    Chickweed: Eaten (treats greencough, though catmint is often preferred). x0
    Cob Nuts: Made into ointments (effect unknown). x0
    Cobwebs: Press over wound (to soak up and stop/slow the bleeding; may also be used to bind broken bones). x1
    Coltsfoot: Leaves chewed into a pulp (eases breathing or kitten-cough; eases cracked or sore pads). x1
    Comfrey Root: Roots are chewed into a poultice; can also be lined in one's nest (repairs broken bones or soothes wounds; also used for wrenched claws; can be used for itching or inflammation on stiff joints; also eases stiffness on wrenched shoulders when lined in a nest; can be used for burns). x0
    Daisy Leaf: Chewed into a paste (eases the pain of aching joints; also a traveling herb). x3
    Dandelion: The white liquid is thought to be applied to bee stings; leaves can be chewed (thought to soothe and heal bee stings; its leaves can also be chewed to act like a painkiller). x0
    Dock: Chewed up and applied to scratches, similar to sorrel; also can be put in one's nest during sleep (soothes scratches, though can sting when applied; soothes sore pads; if placed in nests, it can ease the pain of wounds). x0
    Elder Leaves: Turned into a poultice (Soothes sprains). x0
    Fennel: Stalks are broken and juice is squeezed into the receiver's mouth (helps pain in the hips). x0
    Feverfew: Eaten (reduces body temperature for cats with fevers or chills; also heals aches and pains; especially good for headaches). x1
    Goatweed: Given daily (eases anxiety and grief). x0
    Hawkweed: Unknown usage (like catmint, but not as strong).x0
    Heather Nectar: Included in herbal mixtures (makes swallowing easier and sweetens mixtures). x1
    Honey: Eaten, or given by moss soaked in it (soothes infections; a great remedy for smoke-damaged or sore throats; helps cats swallow other concoctions; helps soothe coughing; gives energy). x2
    Horsetail: Chewed to a poultice, and applied to wounds (treats infections; stops bleeding). x0
    Ivy Leaf: To store other herbs. x0
    Juniper Berries: Chewed and eaten (soothes bellyaches; gives strength; helps troubled breathing; also used to help calm cats). x2
    Lamb's Ear: Unknown usage (gives a cat strength). x0
    Lavender: Placed under a cat's nose and is to be inhaled constantly, or rubbed/placed on an animal's body to hide the scent of death (cures fevers and chills; also used to hide the scent of death). x1
    Lovage: Usage unknown x1
    Lungwort: Eaten (cures yellowcough).x0
    Mallow Leaves: Eaten (soothes bellyaches). x0
    Marigold: Petals or leaves chewed in a poultice; juice can be used as well (stops infections; stops bleeding; used for inflammation in the joints). x0
    Mint: Rubbed on a dead body (used to hide the scent of death). x0
    Mouse Bile: the liquid is stored in moss and dabbed onto ticks embedded in pelt (the ticks fall off).x0
    Dried Oak Leaf: the dried leaves are to be stored in a dry location until the time of usage, when they are chewed into a thick poultice and spread on a wound (stops infection from setting in). x0
    Parsley: Eaten (stops a queen from producing milk if her kits die, don't need milk anymore, or are producing too much milk; also used to cure bellyache). x0
    Poppy Seeds: Chewed on (helps a cat sleep; soothes shock or distress; eases pain; not recommended for nursing queens).x1
    Ragwort Leaves: Crushed and chewed; mixed with juniper leaves, it can help aching joints (treats aching joints; keeps a cat's strength up). x1
    Ragweed: Thought to give cats extra strength (like lamb's ear, ragweed gives a cat extra strength and energy).
    Raspberry Leaves: Could be a painkiller, or helps stop bleeding during kitting (could possibly ease pain, or stop bleeding) x1
    Rosemary: Put on the pelt of a dead cat and prepare it for burial (hides the scent of death). x0
    Rush: Used to bind broken bones (helps hold a broken limb into place, like casts for Twolegs). x0
    Sorrel: Eaten (traveling herb; can also build up appetite). x1
    Sticks: Cats in pain bite it when other medicine is either unavailable or not recommended; also used to help broken legs heal (distracts cat from pain; recommended for queens giving birth). x1
    Stinging Nettle: The seeds are eaten by a cat who's swallowed poison, or the leaves are chewed into a poultice for a wound; the stems can also be chewed (induces vomiting, or brings down swelling, respectively; can be mixed with comfrey to help heal broken bones; helps with wounds; chewing the stems helps fight against infection). x1
    Sweet-Sedge: One must swallow the sap (eases infection). x0
    Tansy: To be consumed, but only in small doses (cures coughs; can be also used to cure wounds and poisons; stops cats from getting greencough; soothes throats). x2
    Tormentil: Chewed and put on the wound (its root is good for treating all wounds and extracting poisons). x0
    Thyme: Leaves can be chewed on (calms nervousness, anxiety, and cats who are in shock). x1
    Traveling Herbs: Eaten (used to give a cat more energy and strength, and keeps the cat from getting hungry for a long time). x0
    Watermint: It is usually chewed into a pulp, and then eaten (eases the suffering that originates from a bellyache).x0
    Wild Garlic: One must roll in it (prevents infection, especially rat bites). x1
    Wild Bark: Usage unknown (eases pain). x0
    Willow Leaves: Eaten (stops vomiting). x0
    Wintergreen: Usage unknown (treats wounds and some poisons). x0
    Yarrow: Its leaves are chewed into a poultice that can be given to cats or applied to a wound, depending on the situation (extracts poisons from wounds; will make a cat vomit up toxins; the ointment will soften and help heal cracked pads).x1
    Deathberries: Sometimes used to kill other cats by making them eat the berry (kills a cat within minutes when consumed). Also known as yew berries or night seeds. x2
    Foxglove Seeds: They are used to treat the heart (can easily cause paralysis and heart failure). x1
    Holly Berries: Usage unknown (effect unknown). x0
    Deadly Nightshade: To quickly kill a cat who cannot be saved (poisonous). x0
    Water Hemlock: Usage unknown (causes writhing, pain, and foaming of the mouth). x0

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Fish | x1 | 2 servings
    Squirrel | x2 | 2 servings
    Sparrow | x1 | 3 servings
    Mouse | x1 | 1 servings
    Hare | x0 | 3 servings
    Shrew | x1 | 1 servings
    Rabbit | x1 | 2 servings
    Duck | x1 | 3 servings

Mentors:
    Claypool | Hawkpaw | 7 | Fishing, Swimming, Stalking, Hunting, Combat, Tracking, Climbing
    Nightwing | Bellpaw | 5 | Stalking, Hunting, Swimming, Fishing, Combat
    Oakshadow | Carrotpaw | 4 | Stalking, Combat, Hunting, Swimming
    Honeytuft | Dapplepaw | 2 | Herb Recognition, Poison Knowledge
    Whiterose | Hollypaw | 3 | Combat, Stalking, Hunting
    Shorefall | Thistlepaw | 3 | Combat, Stalking, Hunting
    Mintnose | Brocadepaw | 0 | Moves
    Whisperdust | Goldenpaw | 0 | Moves

Deceased Cats:
    Fogkit | 5 moons | tom| Murdered by Stormfang (Clan believes his death to be murder by crows when he sneaked off)
    Snakekit | 0 moons | tom | Stillborn
    Brightstream | 45 moons | she-cat | Murdered by Stormfang (Clan believes her death to be accidental)
    Mottledsmoke | 33 moons | she-cat | Death by crows
    Smallwing | 23 moons | tom | Death by crows
    Owlfrost | 49 moons | tom | Death by crows
    Cat Name | Age at Death | Gender | Cause of Death

Family:
    Leafstar and Whiterose | Carrotpaw
    ??? and Dustflower | Daisysong, Lily, Ivynose
    ??? and Silverstorm (former member) | Bellpaw
    Vinescratch (SwiftClan) and Brightstream | Hollypaw, Thistlepaw, Fogkit, Dapplepaw
    Shorefall and Dustflower | Goldenpaw (adopted), Snakekit, Cliffkit
    Adoniscloud (GustClan) and Softdawn | Gullkit, Gannetkit, Boomkit, Jadekit
    Oakshadow and Nightwing | Bellpaw (adopted), none yet
    Stormfang and Goosewing | none yet
    Stormbreeze and Mintnose | none yet
    Ivynose and Rippleheart | none yet
    Name and Name | Kits
Hello, I'm winter! Hope you have a great day or night wherever you live~!

Winter / Fairy / Gale
Formerly FairyCharmed
She/Her - Korea - UTC+9hrs.
winter solstice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[06]

Postby tigerclaw » Fri May 04, 2018 4:07 pm

Number of Cats: 18 cats
Toms; 9 She-cats; 9
Serving sizes; 4
Next MoonPool visit = Now (next time = 10th)

[SmallFire is welcomed to the clan]
[FloodClan eats the best of a big fish and a thrush/4 servings]
[HollyStar, HareLeap, OakRiver, BumbleTail, OlivePaw, and BrackenBreeze hunt + patrol]
[TwigHeart and FlickeringFlame go herb hunting with ThistleFang and WhirlShine]
[Olive trains]
[ThistleFang, WhirlShine, and SmallFire go hunt + patrol]
[HollyStar asks for a warrior = X
[OOC = I updated TwigHeart's and ThistleFang's pics, hope thats ok]

Leader:
HollyStar | 25 Moons | Female |

Heirs:
Name | Moons | Gender |[url]★[/url]

Medicine Cat:
FlickeringFlame | 54 Moons | Male |
TwigHeart | 14 Moon | Female |

Warriors:
HareLeap | 46 Moons | Male |
BumbleTail | 36 Moons | Male |
OlivePaw | 9 Moons | Female
BrackenBreeze | 22 Moons | Female |
OakRiver | 33 Moons | Male |
ThistleFang | 14 Moons | Male |
WhirlShine | 40 Moons | Male |
Name | Moons | Gender | [url=link]★[/url]
Name | Moons | Gender | [url=link]★[/url]

Name | Age | Gender | [url=link]★[/url]

Apprentices:
OlivePaw | 9 Moons | Female |

Queens:
DawnTail | 18 Moons | Female |
BeetleNose | 43 Moons | Female |

Kits:
TroutKit | 4 Moons | Male |
HoneyKit | 4 Moons | Female |
BurntKit | 4 Moons | Male |
MorningKit | 4 Moons | Female |
OakKit | 4 Moons | Male |

Elders:

Ally Clans:
GorseClan | JulieMew1010
Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
Clan Name | Username
Clan Name | Username

Borders

Medicine Store
Fennel | x1 |
Catmint | x3 |
Cobwebs | x3 |
Borage leaves | x2 |
Mint | x1 |
Ragwort | x1
Stick | x1 |
CatchWeed | x1 |
Willow Bark | x1 |
BindWeed | x1 |
BlackBerry leaves| x1 |
Mallow Leaves | x1 |
Feverfew | x1 |
Comfrey | x1 |
Herb | x0 |
Herb | x0 |
Herb | x0 |

Fresh-Kill Pile:
Mouse | x0 | 0 servings
Frog | x0 | 0 servings
Small Fish | x3 | 6 servings
Thrush | x4 | 12 servings
Big Fish | x2 | 6 servings
Hare | x2 | 6 servings
Total servings | servings

Mentors:
BumbleTail | OlivePaw | 2 | Hunting, Climbing,
Name | Apprentice }| No. of training sessions | Moves

Deceased Cats:

Family:
BeetleNose and HareStar | TwigPaw (Note; HareStar is a foster father to twig) TroutKit, HoneyKit, and BurntKit
DawnTail and BumbleTail | MorningKit and OakKit (Morning and Oak is Bumble's foster kits)
TwigHeart and ThistleFang | Kits
Name and Name | Kits

Notes (For self);
send out more hunting patrols, please
\
/

kitting after 2 posts
apprentice after 6 posts
warrior after 6 posts
Last edited by tigerclaw on Sun May 06, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxjune > he himwheat > outlaws > trade
Image Image Image
tigerclaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Cham's Replies 04/05

Postby Chamrosh » Fri May 04, 2018 8:35 pm

indent

Aegir | Badger
Bamboo | Cinder
Cloud | Clover
Cosmo | Creek (m)
Dawn | Dusk
Eclipse | Phoenix
Salix | Sea
Ulfheiðinn | Vixen

Weather
Autumn/Fall. The rain has only let up to be replaced by fog.
Piercing rain still comes most days. Frosts have started to
come, painting the ground white each morning, and
frequently, the ground is covered in fog and visibility is low.
A small number of days have been clear, with a piercing sun,
so that just looking up can be painful.
Clearly, prey is hiding from weather that's only consistent in
how bad it is. Foxes and badgers are having to search harder
for prey and it shows - they're far more active now. The
plants are preparing for winter by now, with few leaves
remaining, and the evenings are starting far earlier.
Queens are facing more difficult kittings now, and finding
herbs is getting harder. Medicine cats should be aiming to
stock up now before there are no more herbs to be found.

FloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilification
04/05 or 05/03 or 4th May

ImageImageImage

CosmoClan
~Glaceon~

[Olive, Blazeheart, Whitefoot, Arrowfang, Briarsweep and Blacknose go hunting]
[Amberowl, Adderscorch, Lyrastar, Thunderbird and Swiftsky patrol the inner territory for signs of the rouges]
[Emberblaze, Solarspark, Fernshade, Joaquin, Sycamoreheart and Kitetalon patrol the borders and beyond as far as they can go to find the rouges, following the scents]
[Juniperberry and Fernshade go on camp guard]
[Badger takes his assessment!]
[Willowpaw and Thunderbird train: Tracking]
[The clan consumes six servings]

[ While hunting, Olive, Blazeheart, Whitefoot, Arrowfang, Briarsweep, and Blacknose catch 1 wren, 1 vole, and 1 pigeon ]
[ While on patrol, Amberowl, Adderscorch, Lyrastar, Thunderbird, and Swiftsky encounter some scents that seem to be a few days old. They struggle to track the scents very far, as the rogues crossed over several puddles and rocky areas where scents don't hold well, but from how deep into the territory they were, and how recently they appear to be there, even if there's only a few rogues, the Cosmoclan patrol gets a very bad feeling... ]
[ While on patrol, Emberblaze, Solarspark, Fernshade, Joaquin, Sycamoreheart, and Kitetalon encounter a cat, claiming to be a kittypet. However, they had been following the rogue scent for quite some way by the time they encountered this cat, and they did seem rather desperate to get somewhere safe. Are they lying, or are the really just an innocent kittypet who wants shelter from the rain? ]
[ Badger succeeds in his assessment! ]
[ Willowpaw learns the tracking skill! ]

I don't know what Caspian had planned for the rogues so I vaguely hope what I'm going with makes some sense.
Also, if you don't want me rolling whether your cats are successful in learning/assessments, please tell me! I've made the failure rate pretty low, as I really didn't want to make a cat getting to twelve moons without completing their 3 pieces of training common, but if you want me to just remove that roll, or to make it harder, I can do either, just let me know!

ImageImageImage

Dawnclan
Storm Rose

[Lynxheart and Fawnfeather go hunting]
[Aurorastar goes on a border patrol]

[ While hunting, Lynxheart and Fawnfeather catch 1 squirrel ]
[ While on patrol, Aurorastar encounters a kittypet ]

[ Dawnclan must now feed themselves ]

ImageImageImage

Lope On

[[ Smokestar goes out hunting ]]
[[ Smokestar goes to the Moonpool to ask StarClan for a medicine cat ]]

I only remembered after picking the picture that I should have been looking for long fur cats, but I'm not sure if the medicine cat necessarily has that applying to them, just due to how active they're likely to be. Anyway, if you don't like getting short hairs at all, feel free to just PM me so I know to not do that!

[ While hunting, Smokestar catches 1 mouse ]
[ Starclan grants Smokestar's request and sends a medicine cat ]

[ Cloverclan has 2 more posts of fasting ]

ImageImageImage

SeaClan
winter solstice.

[ The Clan consumes Sparrow x2 and Rabbit x1. ]
[ Honeytuft and Dapplepaw gather herbs (for the leafbare). ]
[ Claypool, Ivynose, Rippleheart, Daisysong, Rosefern, and Hawkpaw fish in the river. ]
[ Stormfang, Ravenwish, Fernstrike, Antfoot, Applemist, and Sagefrost hunt in the Pine Grove. ]
[ Sleetsky, Goshawkflight, Mintnose, Whisperdust, Brocadepaw, and Goldenpaw patrol by the sea. ]
[ Stormbreeze, Emberwhisker, Nightwing, Oakshadow, Bellpaw, and Carrotpaw patrol in the Pine Grove. ]
[ Ivynose and Rippeheart become mates! (no kits) ]
[ A former loner named Goshawk has joins SeaClan as a warrior! He is renamed to Goshawkflight. ]
[ A former kittypet named Tina joins SeaClan as an apprentice! She is renamed to Brocadepaw, and is apprenticed to Mintnose. ]
[ Goldenkit has reached the age of six moons, and is apprenticed to Whisperdust. ]
[ Hawkpaw is ready for a warrior assessment! If he passes, his name will be Hawkpath. ]
[ Honeytuft teaches Dapplepaw the Application of Herbs skill. ]
[ Oakshadow teaches Carrotpaw the Fishing skill. ]
[ Nightwing teaches Bellpaw the Bird Hunting skill (try 2). ]
[ Shorefall teaches Thistlepaw the Swimming skill. ]
[ Whiterose teaches Hollypaw the Swimming skill. ]
[ Mintnose teaches Brocadepaw the Stalking skill. ]
[ Whisperdust teaches Goldenpaw the Stalking skill. ]
[ Stormfang gathers some disgruntled warriors to his side and begins to plot something. ]

[ While herb-hunting, Honeytuft and Dapplepaw find wild garlic, sticks, and alder bark ]

[ While hunting, Claypool, Ivynose, Rippleheart, Daisysong, Rosefern, and Hawkpaw catch 2 fish ]
[ While hunting, Stormfang, Ravenwish, Fernstrike, Antfoot, Applemist, and Sagefrost catch 2 shrews and 1 mouse ]
[ While on patrol, Sleetsky, Goshawkflight, Mintnose, Whisperdust, Brocadepaw, and Goldenpaw encounter a rogue ]
[ While on patrol, Stormbreeze, Emberwhisker, Nightwing, Oakshadow, Bellpaw, and Carrotpaw encounter nothing much of interest ]

[ Ivynose and Rippleheart are now mates; may they enjoy many happy moons together ]
[ Goldenkit has become an apprentice; Goldenpaw! ]

[ Hawkpaw fails his assessment spectacularly. It's almost like he's distracted by something... ]

[ Dapplepaw learns the Application of Herbs skill ]
[ Bellpaw learns the Bird Hunting skill ]
[ Carrotpaw failed to learn the Fishing skill. He seems to be preoccupied with something, and stares off into space in thought during his training this moon ]
[ Brocadepaw and Goldenpaw learn the Stalking skill ]
[ Hollypaw and Thistlepaw learn the Swimming skill ]

[ Dapplepaw and Honeytuft see some odd patterns in rain clouds passing over camp for a few days, with lots of small clouds surrounding a single large storm cloud. Is that an omen? ]

ImageImageImage
Last edited by Chamrosh on Fri May 04, 2018 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Create A Clan - Gustclan - 48.1

Postby Chamrosh » Fri May 04, 2018 9:16 pm

Gustclan
Number of Cats: 57 (12 of which are kits)
|25F|29M|2NB|
Food Consumption: 10
Visit to Moonpool: It's been a week since the last visit

I maybe sort have may have gone over the character limit, so I'm just... putting my actual writing bit in the post below and casually hoping no one will care. Also, all these edits have just been me trying to unbreak the code and stop my avatar and stuff rolling down the side so this is also me officially giving up on that

[ Xerxes joins Gustclan ]
[ Cairngormkit, and Rivuletkit are born ]
[ Cinquefoilkit is born ]
[ Gors Lle Fioled Yn Tyfu (Fioled), Hwyr Yr Haul Yn Llosgi Llyn (Llosgi Llyn), Sgiwen Llywio Môr Eang (Môr/Mor), Tymestl Yn Teithio I’r Dwyrain (Tymestl), Eryr Yn Hedfan Heddychlon (Eryr), and Awyr Goch Yn Olau Bore (Goch) are born ]

[ Vendacethroat and Cicelynose try for kits ]

[ Heronstar, Mosquitowhisker, Saffronstream, Lionfish and Garganeywhisker go hunting ]
[ Chubtail, Firepath, Merlindash, Vendacethroat, and Noctulepath go hunting ]
[ Pearstone, Boulderdash, Pheasantcloud, Lobsterclaw, and Camberfoot go hunting ]
[ Shellcloud, Bugleclaw, Martinwhisker, and Clarystorm go on patrol near where Xerxes was found ]

[ Harrierpelt and Teaselpaw gather herbs ]

[ Ringpaw and Langoustinefang, Dipperpaw and Droseratail, and Squirrelpaw and Ploverstripe train ]
[ Zinniapaw and Knotfish train ]
[ Minnowpaw and Adoniscloud train ]
[ Umbrapaw and Tabitha train ]

[ Nettleflower stays in camp to mind the kits – Witkit and Knawelkit ]
[ Moraine, Lobeliafur, and Osierfang stay in camp to mind the kits – Fioled, Llosgi Llyn, Môr, Tymestl, Eryr, and Goch - Cairngormkit and Rivuletkit, - Cinquefoilkit and Xerxes ]
[ Argusheart, Sparrowfoot, Cicelynose, Barnfish, Ospreystorm, Aspenfoot, Troutclaw, and Narwhal stay in camp ]

[ Gustclan consume 2 big fish, 1 frog and 3 mice – 10 portions ]

Leader:
    Heronstar | 85 | Female
    Lives: ★★★★☆☆☆☆☆

Deputy:
    ★ Chubtail | 81 | Male

Medicine Cat: (1)
    ★ Harrierpelt | 60 | Male
    MCA: (1)
    ★ Teaselpaw | 12 | Male

Apprentices: (6)
    ★ Ringpaw | 12 | Male
    ★ Dipperpaw | 12 | Female
    ★ Squirrelpaw | 12 | Female
    ★ Zinniapaw | 12 | Female
    ★ Minnowpaw | 9 | Male
    ★ Umbrapaw | 8 | Genderfluid (Molly)

Queens: (5)
    ★ Osierfang | 47 | Female | •••
    ★ Lobeliafur | 43 | Female | •••
    Moraine on Steep Slope | 54 | Female | ••••
    ★ Nettleflower | 33 | Female | ••••
    ★ Langoustinefang | 28 | Female | •

Kits: (12)
    ★ Witkit | 3 | Demi-girl (Molly)
    ★ Knawelkit | 3 | Female
    ★ Xerxes | 2 | Male
    ★ Cairngormkit | 0 | Male
    ★ Rivuletkit | 0 | Female
    ★ Cinquefoilkit | 0 | Male
    ★ Gors Lle Fioled Yn Tyfu | 0 | Male
    ★ Hwyr Yr Haul Yn Llosgi Llyn | 0 | Male
    ★ Sgiwen Llywio Môr Eang | 0 | Male
    Tymestl Yn Teithio I’r Dwyrain | 0 | Female
    Eryr Yn Hedfan Heddychlon | 0 | Female
    ★ Awyr Goch Yn Olau Bore | 0 | Male

Elders: (2)
    ★ Barnfish “Barn-owl” | 109 | Male
    ★ Aspenfoot tail | 98 | Female
    Warriors: (28 [+5])
    ★ Boulderdash | 76 | Female
    ★ Argusheart | 77 | Female
    ★ Pearstone “Poirroche” | 59 | Male
    ★ Osierfang | 47 | Female | Queen
    ★ Bugleclaw | 78 | Male
    ★ Lobeliafur | 43 | Female | Queen
    Moraine on Steep Slope | 54 | Female | Queen
    ★ Shellcloud | 39 | Male
    ★ Droseratail | 39 | Male
    ★ Martinwhisker | 55 | Male
    ★ Sparrowfoot | 33 | Female
    ★ Nettleflower | Female | Queen
    ★ Firepath | 37 | Male
    ★ Tabitha “Tabbyfur” | 34 | Female
    ★ Merlindash | 30 | Male
    ★ Clarystorm | 70 | Male
    ★ Langoustinefang | 28 | Female | Queen
    ★ Vendacethroat | 28 | Male
    ★ Ploverstripe | 26 | Male
    ★ Cicelynose | 26 | Female
    ★ Knotfish | 35 | Male
    ★ Narwhal | 41 | Female
    Adoniscloud | 32 | Male
    ★ Garganeywhisker -mouse | 28 | Female
    ★ Troutstripe | 18 | Female
    ★ Pheasantcloud | 17 | Female
    ★ Mosquitowhisker | 17 | Female
    ★ Lobsterclaw | 17 | Male
    ★ Camberfoot | 17 | Male
    ★ Lionfish | 16 | Male
    ★ Ospreystorm | 16 | Female
    ★ Noctulepath | 16 | Female
    ★ Saffronstream | 16 | Male
    FloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilificationFloccinaucinihilipilification
    Starclan cats:
    Elmkit fang | Died shortly after birth
    Myrtleclaw | Decapitated

Dark Forest cats:
    Saddlekit stream | Ate poisonous fungus
Last edited by Chamrosh on Mon May 14, 2018 3:52 am, edited 9 times in total.
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Create A Clan- Gustclan 48.2

Postby Chamrosh » Fri May 04, 2018 9:29 pm

Gustclan
Number of Cats: 56 (12 of which are kits)
|25F|29M|2NB|
Food Consumption: 10
Visit to Moonpool: It's been a week since the last visit

Due to going over the character count, my character list and actions are here.

xxxxIt had happened almost automatically. Moraine’s kits had come first, and she’d curled tight around them, but Lobeliafur’s came a moon phase later, and Osierfang’s just a few days later. And although each mother of course recognised her own kits as hers, it was far easier to mind all the kits when one needed to go for food or to the dirt-place if they were prepared to move all their kits together. All of them had shuffled their nests closer together, so that when one had to leave the nursery for a moment, the others pulled her kits (or kit, in Osierfang’s case) in close to them, keeping them warm and safe until their mother returned. And further to that, Nettleflower would often join in too, when her kits were asleep.
xxxxBut Nettleflower would only join in when her kits were asleep. The other queens had certainly not missed her concern over Witkit.
xxxxAnd as little as any of them wanted to say it, they all knew that Moraine felt bad for Osierfang.
xxxxOsierfang’s head turned around to look at Martinwhisker as he entered the den. Several other pairs of eyes, looked up, including Witkit and Knawelkit (who ran over to him as well, and a careful eye would have seen that Nettleflower’s attention was on them, not the tom).
xxxxThere were easily enough mollies to defend the kits if an unfamiliar tom entered the nursery, but, at the same time, even when they trusted the tom in question, it was just instinct to react to to his entry. And although Osierfang looked far more relaxed once he was recognised, the other queens kept a wary eye – on behalf of Osierfang’s lone kit. Starclan only knew what they’d team up to do if the little sandy-brown kit died. If any of the kits died, but him especially.
xxxxMartinwhisker had clearly caught on to how defensive the other queens were of the kits. A full foxleap away from Osierfang, he stopped, making sure he was equally distant from the other two queens in their merging nests. Nettleflower gestured at Witkit to keep back, too, and Knawelkit rolled her eyes, obeying first, and pushing her sibling back.
xxxxThere had been enough kit deaths.
xxxxAnd all the queens knew the most likely cause of another.
xxxxTwo of them had been loners long enough to know exactly how toms could be to strange kits. Although Lobeliafur rarely spoke about her past before joining Gustclan (which was rather conspicuous, because of who was concerned with that), both of them had suspicions that Lobeliafur had also witnessed this. Nettleflower was hardly difficult to persuade on matters that might concern her kits’ safety. Her life had always been overshadowed by the deaths of kits, since her littermate’s death, since Saddlekit’s death by her own paws, and more recently, with the death of her younger brother (most of the clan were sure that Nettleflower only allowed Shellcloud in to help name her kits because she was the only queen with small kits, and with them being his own kits, she knew that he wouldn’t have done anything).
xxxxThey all had reasons for their caution.
xxxxAnd Martinwhisker hadn’t missed the presence of Langoustinefang and Sparrowfoot so close to the proximal exit of the nursery to Nettleflower’s nest. He hadn’t missed Lobeliafur curling back – was that fear? - her teeth bared, her claws showing around the pile of three kittens that she was defending so fiercely.
xxxxWhich was why Martinwhisker was taking extra care to show no signs of malevolence. Awkward slow movements that would be impossible to turn into an attack of any sort, eyes averting instantly whenever they met another gaze, making no hint of attempts of dominance. Tail low, out of the way, wanting to show feeling out of place…
xxxxMartinwhisker peered cautiously into the pile of kits.
xxxx"We only had one.” Osierfang calmly informed him (though Moraine in particular would swear of the subtle weary edge on her tone).
xxxx"Which one?” Martinwhisker asked. A fearful tone crept into his words, wondering if there had been more.
xxxx"The sandy brown kit by Moraine.” Martinwhisker cocked his head in confusion. He knew queens sometimes shared their kits out, but he’d not known that a queen could be caring for entirely the wrong kits when there was only one kit from another.
xxxx"Just one?” Martinwhisker asked, failing again to keep the fearful tone out of his voice.
wells"All of us were very lucky.”
ofaryMartinwhisker let out a silent sigh of relief.
ouha"Cinquefoil.” He said, with no hesitation – after regaining his breath.
vebe"Cinquefoil?”
n. xx"It’s a flower. Where I came from before, mollies used to take their mates out to a patch of them to announce they were pregnant, and used to take their kits there too when they were old enough too. It meant – I hope this is right, it has been a long time – that a child was loved. If we only have one… I doubt we can come up with a better meaning.”
xxxx"What colour?” Osierfang asked.
xxxx"What?”
xxxx"What colour are they?”
xxxx"Cinquefoils?”
xxxx"Yes.”
xxxx"Oh!” Martinwhisker looked slightly sheepishly off to one side. “The flowers are a sort of dull brown colour. It’s not an exact fit, but I reckon in certain lights, it’d match perfectly. And they are brown-ish.”
xxxxOsierfang nodded her head. “Cinquefoilkit he is.” She tilted her head back at the white queen. “I think Lobeliafur would appreciate Heronstar coming. Thank you for naming Cinquefoilkit.”
xxxxMartinwhisker nodded too, recognising what he was being tasked with, and walked out of the den, making his intent to leave clear to all the queens (and the not very subtle guards).
xxxxChubtail stood on a tufty patch of grass on the Western border of his territory. A wind ripped furiously from the East, which was an unusual direction for it, but hardly beyond what was possible.
xxxxHe didn’t recognise the cats just behind him, but somehow, he knew he trusted them. He knew they were important, somehow.
xxxxHe knew they were meant to be there with him. Well, that wasn’t quite accurate. The huge tortoiseshell molly would have been recogniseable anywhere, now he knew how to spot her. It was the others he had that feeling for.
xxxxIt was that sort of blustery gail which made it impossible to tell the season – a weather that Chubtail had grown all too familiar with in his time in Gustclan, and in all honesty, hadn’t liked even before that.
xxxxA sound on the breeze caught his attention, and Chubtail whipped around to where he’d heard it from.
xxxxAnd he took a step back. If they were cat-size, they might have been able to hide where they were, but as it was, four large shapes stood only partially concealed in the undergrowth. He knew how he hadn’t smelt them. The wind was carrying his scent off towards them, and theirs away from him in turn. But how he hadn’t spotted them was quite another matter.
xxxxIt was the sort of lack of observation that only made sense in dreams or when Shellcloud was telling a story.
xxxxThey really were huge.
xxxxThe smallest already towered over Chubtail, a huge pig, with thick brown fur and tusks as tall as the deputy’s face. Chubtail had seen them off in the distance before, but had always been sensible enough to keep his distance. They’d never deliberately sought out to harm the clan before, and seeking them out with their size seemed foolhardy. A wild boar was no laughing matter on his own.
xxxxBut alongside was what looked like a huge black, furry cow, something like a grey seal with massive fangs, and a snowy-white creature with no tail, looking big enough that if it chose, it could crush any of the cats under a single paw.
xxxxChubtail wanted to tell the other cats on the -… wait, how had he got out here? What was he doing here? He… didn’t remember setting this patrol… that was…
xxxxNo! He had to tell Narwhal, he had to tell the others-
xxxxBut when he tried, his tongue stuck in his throat.
xxxxHe heard the large creature chuckle, and it seemed to somehow slip through the undergrowth, despite obviously being too large for the movement. Chubtail wouldn’t have been able to describe it properly, but the closest description he had was that the bush bent around the creature’s huge mass.
xxxx"You left us, Narwhal. You couldn’t have thought we’d let do that, no?”
xxxxThe seal-like creature came forwards next. “We needed you, and you left us, Narwhal. Traitor.”
xxxxOnly now could Chubtail speak, but the words didn’t seem his, and somehow he couldn’t catch them all- “…, …, …, go back to camp, now! We need a full battle patrol!”
xxxx"No, Chubtail, you might get inj-"
xxxx"And you might if you stay. Tell Heronstar to bring out a battle patrol.” His voice sounded far harsher than he was used to, and he felt a little shock in himself as he saw the others running, the tabby leading the way through the grass and into the cover of the trees.
True"And noble tom, not wanting us reunited?” A female voice, surprisingly high-pitched and sweet, the black cow-like creature emerging in turn. “Rude.”
xxxxChubtail found himself moving over beside Narwhal.
xxxxChubtail knew not much made the molly scared. There was nothing much that warranted it, with her huge size. But he could feel her quaking now, could see her ears moving backward, could see her teeth baring.
xxxxThey hopefully wouldn’t have to last long. He found himself hoping he hadn’t been selfish sending off the other warriors. Which made no sense – what was selfish about sending off cats he didn’t know to be safe in place of himself?
xxxxHe couldn’t exactly explain what happened next. It wasn’t that he lacked the words. It was more like… time skipped a beat. Chubtail was getting increasingly certain that he was dreaming, whatever his heartrate was telling him. Time didn’t move like that for the waking.
xxxxHe just knew, one moment, he was by Narwhal’s side, trying to reassure her, and the next, he was fighting.
xxxxThere wasn’t a full battle patrol.
hahaIt was still just him and Narwhal, and the now four fully emerged creatures.
hahaHe was not faring well.
hahaHe could feel the ache across all his muscles, every single joint strained and painful from the energy he’d exerted, trying to whip round and avoid the attacks from the larger creatures. He could feel his head growing lighter.
hahaHis head jerked down as his vision turned blue for a moment and- colour returning…
hahaThe grass was stained red.
hahaThe grass all around him was red already.
hahaHe was sure he’d told Narwhal to leave if it got too hopeless, but still, it hurt now, to be by himself, with the creatures looming over him. He lifted his head defiantly, or tried to, but his body seemed to have other plans, as his legs collapsed beneath him, and he flopped onto one side.
andq"Noble tom still noble at end. But Noble won’t save him. Noble won’t stop us tearing clan apart until we get our sister back.”
uitelAnd with a dreadful certainty, Chubtail was sure he knew what was about to happen. That wasn’t the thinking of a cat prepared for mercy, and in honesty, Chubtail wasn’t sure he’d make it with all that blood out of him, even if Harrierpelt arrived right this second.
iteraWas Harrierpelt going to be arriving?
lly,tOne huge, terrible white paw lifted off the ground, and with a sheer, brutal finality-
oo…x"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!”
xxxxChubtail’s eyes snapped open.
xxxxHe was in the warriors’ den. A quick glance around him confirmed he was safe among the others, and a slower glance confirmed they were all here themselves, and safe in turn.
xxxxJust a nightmare, then.
xxxxOnly a nightmare.
xxxxSurely.
loadsWhat other options… were… there…
xxxxIt was only a few moments before Heronstar arrived (although it felt like longer to the cats within the nursery).
xxxxAnd, unlike when Martinwhisker had entered just before, the mollies all remained calm and cheerful as she arrived. Not a single claw sprang out, or tooth bared.
xxxxHeronstar was a molly, and Heronstar was a mother herself. There was no way that she’d harm a kit. That was like saying Merlindash would be modest, or Boulderdash would talk clearly, or Shellcloud would prioritise anything vaguely important on a patrol. It just wouldn’t happen.
xxxxLobeliafur didn’t tense up at all as the older molly approached.
xxxx"Heronstar! Hi, hey, okay, so, Harrierpelt told you how many kits there were, right? He should have, but anyway, there’s nine new healthy kits in our clan! And they’re all gorgeous, aren’t they? Two of them are mine, and I don’t really know what I want to call them, so I thought I’d ask you for help with that instead? You know, so we don’t just use the old typical names where you Starclan can’t suggest any suffixes for you to give out because they know someone else already has them, so you’re stuck with them being apprentices forever, no! So I thought I could use some help, and you seemed to be the most obvious candidate gi-“
xxxxIt was at that precise moment that Lobeliafur worked out that the leader – the cat she had summoned because of her status and being grandmother of her kits – was also the mother of their father. The father she had dumped just a few moons before. And that maybe that was insensitive.
xxxx"You don’t need to look so guilty. I might have preferred you not to have done what you did to my son, but I can hardly blame you, and I’d far prefer you to have done that than been unhappy. He’ll recover, but if he’d hurt your emotions beyond repair first, he wouldn’t. As their grandmother I am very happy to step in to help name them.”
xxxx"Ah! Well, thank you for not being mad at me first, and thank you for help-“
xxxx"Lobeliafur, I won’t be able to tell you name suggestions if you keep talking.” Lobeliafur hastily closed her mouth. "Which kits are yours?”
xxxx"The white molly, and the dark brown swirly tabby tom.” Lobeliafur rushed out, wanting to get through the naming as fast as she could so she could talk freely again. Heronstar’s eyebrow raised slightly at that second description, but Lobeliafur really wasn’t sure why.
xxxxHeronstar paused complentatively for a moment, before she spoke again.
xxxx"Cairngormkit, I think, for the brown, if you don’t think it’s too long?”
xxxx"Well, I’m sure there’ll always be a suffix that fits any cat as well as their name, and there’s nothing stopping him from getting us to abbreviate it at so-"
xxxx"Okay. He’s almost the exact right colour on his tabby markings. Cairngorms were a type of quartz – shiny rock - around where my birth clan was from. They used to pop up all over, especially if you found a human’s tunnel.”
xxxx"So it’s like flint- or something? Just brown?” Heronstar nodded at Lobeliafur’s questions. “It’s a very different mix of sounds, isn’t it? Which is weird, it suits a rock just as well, I think, you know that “nt” but also all those weird “r” sounds you do, and the “c”-"
xxxx"Shall we name the other one first, and analyse my accent later?”
xxxxMoraine looked away, despite the others all still watching in fascination. Their leader showing annoyance was too bizarre for her to want to witness, but she couldn’t exactly leave to avoid it. The best she could do was turn her head away and try to imagine it was some other cat instead. Osierfang just looked amused.
xxxx"Oh. Right, sorry…”
xxxxHeronstar came closer to the pile of kits and their mothers, trying to identify her granddaughter, before picking up on her, pinned beneath another kit by Osierfang.
xxxx"I was thinking Moth- maybe, for those pale ones that flutter by sometimes.”
xxxx"I told her most moths are grey or brown, and that would confuse everyone.” Osierfang chimed in.
xxxx"And Moth- is just a weird noise, I don’t want my cousin called that.”
xxxx"What is a moth?”
xxxxHeronstar glanced across at Witkit and Knawelkit. She supposed they were old enough to want to comment on their cousins’ names.
xxxx"They’re little fluttery things, they look like butterflies but in duller colours, and they like night time.” Heronstar hastily explained, before turning back to her newest grandchild. “I’d want to check with Chubtail, but I think I do know a type of pale moth specifically. And if I’m remembering correctly, they even have the brown stripes running over the white. Rivulet.”
xxxx"They’d both have such fancy names.” Lobeliafur said, mildly uncertain as to whether she approved.
xxxx"If you’ve got a fancy name and you fit it – somehow - , I’m sure they can manage too.” Osierfang said.
xxxxLobeliafur tilted her head slightly in consideration. “I’ll think about it, at least.”
xxxxHeronstar’s attention now turned to the second quietest queen.
xxxx"When are you planning to name yours, Moraine?”
xxxxMoraine looked down, but at least closer to her leader.
xxxx"I… already did.”
xxxx"Oh? When?”
xxxx"Pearstone said he trusted me to name them, and I didn’t want them to be left without names longer than they had to be, but… I didn’t know how you’d react.” Moraine’s voice shrank slightly as she continued.
xxxx"Did you name them according to the traditions of your tribe?” Moraine nodded, a little more certainly.
xxxx"And in the language we normally spoke.”
xxxx"Oh?”
xxxxMoraine took a big breath in.
xxxx"I thought I’d name half of them after my birthplace, and half after things here, seeing as there were six! And-" ("What’s “six”?” Witkit asked, in the background.) “I thought they might appreciate that I’d tried to link them to their past a little nicer.”
xxxx"Well, as long as they’re also alright with abbreviations, I’m sure it’s fine.”
xxxx"Oh, we all abbreviated. It’s not practical to always call a cat by their full name.” Moraine took a little bit more of a breath in, before starting to point out her kits, one by one, from wherever they had found themselves (including one who had managed to climb up onto her stomach, and by the time she had finished, had done a neat roll off her back and onto the floor outside the warm bundle, and was squirming desperately, trying to return to the warmth). “The ones after my home – Eryr Yn Hedfan Heddychlon,” Heronstar’s eyes widened very far very suddenly, and all three other queens fixed Moraine with an uncertain look.
mine"She’d be Eryr, Eagle. Sgiwen Llywio Môr Eang. I’m not sure what he’d abbreviate to, but I suppose he could choose for himself once he’s old enough. Here’s Tymestl Yn Teithio I’r Dwyrain. Storms were by far the most memorable part of the weather back home.”
xxxxAll the mollies had wide-eyed looks at Moraine.
xxxx"This naughty little explorer-" The one who was just about to complete his somersault “- is Hwyr Yr Hawl Yn Llosgi Llyn.” Moraine pulled a slightly cheeky look at Lobeliafur as she saw the younger queen trying to mouth the “ll” sound she’d used so proficiently. “I think I know what he’ll abbreviate to. And then, little Gors Lle Fioled Yn Tyfu, or Fioled. I’m not sure what that word is for you, but it’s a flower.” Moraine paused for a moment as she relieved Llosgi Llyn from his squirming and replaced him by his littermate. “And, lastly, Awyr Goch Yn Olau Bore. Like the sky was when he was born - Goch.”
haha"I hope they’re not pawfuls as much as they are mouthfuls.”
haha"I can’t promise anything. I know what I was like as a kit.”
xxxx"JENGA!”
xxxxThe cold wind ripped his cry from his throat even as it formed, tossing it out into the gale beyond.
xxxx"JENGA-AAAA!”
xxxxHis little paws skittered in the leaf litter in front of him, each step making a lovely crunching noise.
xxxxXerxes couldn’t stop himself, he laughed lightly, and bounded right into the thickest part of the leaf pile, rolling onto his back and kicking up the leaves as high as his small paws could manage. A single leaf fluttered side to side, whistling where the veins had grown exposed from the decomposition that had already started. Xerxes giggled to himself, before he realised what he’d just done, and that he’d delayed to do it!
xxxx"JENGGGGAAAAAAA!”
xxxxXerxes could hear something in the difference.
xxxx"Jenga?” Xerxes rolled back onto his feet, and hastily shook himself, trying to knock the leaves free, even if, somehow, a leaf had managed to catch itself on his ear. “Is that you?”
xxxxXerxes could hear footsteps towards him, big footsteps. Lots of footsteps!
xxxxHe skittered backwards, diving into the pile of leaves, and burying his face deep in them. If he couldn’t see the world, the world couldn’t see him either! There was no way he’d be found by the – millee… millap… millionpee… millipede! His sister had said that millipedes were huge and had a bajillion legs, so he had to be hearing a millipede.
xxxxXerxes’ tail flicked in fear, high up in the air, while his face stayed pressed up in the smell of dead leaves, his brown paws over his blue eyes for good measure. He was invisible now.
xxxxThe millipede was getting closer! Xerxes could hear its feet flying all over the place, some far to his left, and some to his right. His tail curled in and his spine arched, trying to hide even better from the monster, but he was sure it was right behind him!
xxxx"Jenga!” Xerxes whimpered, begging to be protected.
xxxxHe could feel something big above him, and he found himself scooting with his back legs, trying to shuffle further away, before something pressed down on his back!
xxxx"Don’t eat me!”
xxxx"Why would I eat you?” Xerxes thought the voice said, but it was strangely warped, sounding just wrong. The vowels were all weird, and there was just too much consonant, and Xerxes didn’t like it, not at all.
xxxx"Because you’re a big scary millipede a-“
xxxx"Millipede?” That voice was far harsher, and Xerxes didn’t like it either. He wriggled, trying to get away from the heavy foot on his back. “Millipedes are the size of a paw, and no concern at all compared to a patrol of unfamiliar cats. Crying out in the woods in unknown territory – especially when our smell should be obvious is a total breech of the BASIC VIGILANCE that you should be showing!”
xxxx"Clarystorm! He’s a kit, you can’t expect him to make judgements like that. And he’s just lost.”
xxxx"Jenga…” Xerxes whimpered again.
xxxx"What is Jenga?” Said a third voice. It sounded a little bit like the first, but a lot softer, and a lot gentler. Xerxes slowly looked up, twisting his head just barely far and long enough for his eyes to register the white and grey tom above him.
xxxx"Not “what”! Jenga’s my daddy! He got lost, and never came back for us! I want to find him so he can find his way back.”
xxxx"I doubt that he will be coming back.” A fourth voice, a deep and stern sounding one, and Xerxes wiggled away again. “Toms have a h-“
xxxx"Stop it, Bugleclaw, you’re scaring him.” The first voice said, in an authoritative tone. "i’m sure Jenga would want you to be safe if he got lost. Do you know where your mummy is?”
xxxxXerxes curled up, slowly lifting his head out of the leaves, but still looking away from the cats of the patrol. He lifted his head up – well away from where the cats were, twisting more freely as the paw eased up againt his back – and sniffed deeply, trying to pick up his scent but-
xxxxOh. He was… He was sure it was that-….
xxxxHuh. Uh.
xxxxUm.
xxxxThat way?
xxxxNo, the trees looked wrong that way, they were too light.
xxxxAnd they looked wrong that way too, they were too thick and-
xxxxOh!
xxxxOh. Oh. Oh.
xxxxOh…
xxxxIt wasn’t just Genghis who’d gotten lost.
xxxxXerxes had too.
xxxx"No I don’t! What if mummy gets lost without me too!”
xxxx"Then I’m sure your ma will appreciate you having found somewhere safe to stay until she’s found too. Would you want to stay with us until we can find them for you, and make sure they’re not lost? Parents are very good at getting lost, but they aren’t helped by their kits getting more lost. Is that okay?”
xxxxXerxes slowly nodded.
xxxxThere were a lot of kits in the nursery.
xxxxMore kits than any of the cats had a name for the number of. Nettleflower had had two, and Osierfang had had one, and Moraine had had six, and Lobeliafur had had two, and now Osierfang was fostering Xerxes – until they found his mother, of course. And altogether, that was more than what could be counted. That was just many.
xxxxThe apprentices hadn’t missed this.
xxxxOr at least, two of them hadn’t. To them, it was obvious the opportunities this allowed for.
xxxxNone of the queens seemed to feel the same threat from two apprentices as they did from any of the warriors regarding their kits. Maybe it was because, even being several moons younger, Umbrapaw just looked fiercer than Ringpaw, and like xe could easily take Ringpaw down in a fight in just a few quick moves. Or maybe it was just that Ringpaw always seemed too gentle to be able to do anything bad to the kits.
xxxx"Umbrapaw!” Witkit called out as the pair of apprentices entered.
xxxxHer legs still wobbled under her as she ran, but ran she did, and straight into Ringpaw’s leg, stumbling and tripping as she collided.
xxxx"Hey, Witkit.” Ringpaw said, gently lifting her up with one paw. “What’s up with you?”
xxxx"I want to talk to Umbrapaw!” Witkit beamed at Umbrapaw, and Ringpaw shot a quick smirk at his new friend.
xxxx"What about?”
xxxx"I think I’m like you.” Witkit said, very matter of factly. Although she did manage to make that work rather less well by shooting a fertive glance around the room to make sure no one was watching too closely – paying special attention to the group of three queens who made an effort to act like they weren’t watching closely – and speaking quieter than some mice would.
xxxx"Oh, honey, you’re awesome, but I’m fabulous, alright. And Ringpaw’s just cool.”
xxxx"Hey. Cool’s a way bigger step down-"
xxxx"And everyone else is just mediocre or boring, cool is very good.”
xxxx"No! Not like you like that!” Witkit squeaked, loud enough that she felt the gazes of all four queens on the back of her neck. Her head bobbed down in between her shoulders, and she made an effort to speak quietly once more. “I meant, I don’t think I just feel like a girl.”
xxxx"Oh.” Umbrapaw said. And then xer ears twitched, and a grin started forming. “Oh! Mostly like a molly, but not quite, huh?” Witkit nodded. “Well, my little friend, I have a proposition. How about we – the three of us – make a secret society.”
xxxx"What’s a society?”
xxxx"It’s a group of cats who have something in common. Ringpaw… is just an honourary member, but we aren’t.”
xxxx"So it’s for not-quite-girl-cats?”
xxxx"No, no, no. It’s for cats with a different gender or orientation to most cats – that’s whether they like boy cats or girl cats, or neither, or both. And we can talk about the stuff that just concerns and affects us, which doesn’t affect everyone else.”
xxxxRingpaw grinned. “So it’s like a support group, for you guys? And I’m just the one who’s “cool” enough to join anyway?”
xxxx"Pretty much, yeah.”
xxxx"You up for that, Witkit?”
xxxxThe grey kit nodded furiously. Goodness, she was up for that. She got to hang out with the apprentices and be friends with them! This was going to be awesome. Just like her!
xxxxFrom the back of the nursery, a pair of blue eyes looked on, and then fell down into their owner’s nesting material.
xxxxYet more attention Witkit got that Knawelkit didn’t.
xxxx"Teaselpaw, I need a word with you.”
xxxxThe medicine cat apprentice looked up from where he’d been sorting herbs, spinning around to look at the deputy.
xxxx"Oh, Yeah? I think you overshot a bit, you’re done.”
xxxxChubtail rolled his eyes.
xxxx"I’m serious, Teaselpaw.”
xxxx"If you wanted serious, you should have spoken to Harrierpelt.”
xxxx"Somedays I’m entirely unsure why he chose you over Zinniap-“ Teaselpaw scowled fiercely at the deputy – don’t continue. “I have a question for you. And I mean you specifically, I want an answer, not to merely be told “no” in a grumpy voice.” Teaselpaw’s mouth twitched up in amusement. Chubtail’s judgement wasn’t inaccurate. “If I saw a vision of something bad happening, and I tried to stop it happening, are there any potential repercussions that could happen?”
xxxxTeaselpaw thought for a moment. “I think that’d depend on exactly what you saw.”
xxxxSo Chubtail told him. And after a long pause, Teaselpaw nodded slightly.
xxxx"Ah.”
xxxx"No, Witkit, you can’t leave the nursery now!” Witkit scowled at her mother and her aunt.
xxxx"Why not?! I’m big enough to explore!”
xxxx"Because you’ll get hurt.”
xxxxSparrowfoot was making one of her frequent visits to her sister.
xxxx"I want to go exploring.” Knawelkit said.
xxxx"You can’t on your own.”
xxxx"I need to go exploring.” Knawelkit said. “If I don’t go exploring, I won’t learn anything, and I’ll be a useless warrior.”
xxxx"No, Knawelkit. If you get to go exploring, and Witkit doesn’t, that’s unfair.”
xxxx"So I can’t go exploring because Witkit likes flopping.”
xxxx"I want to explore too, can’t Knawelkit and I explore together?”
xxxx"You won’t be exploring long if you get hurt, so, no.”
xxxx"I’d prefer being able to explore even if it meant getting hurt.”
xxxx"And I’m going to go exploring whether you like it or not.”
xxxx"No you won’t, Knawelkit, and every adult disagrees with that, Witkit. You’re precious to us, and we love you, and so we don’t want you to be hurt.”
xxxx"I want to explore with Knawelkit.”
xxxx"And I don’t want to have to be cooped up here because you only care about Witkit.”
xxxxSparrowfoot sighed heavily, and she caught a glimpse of her sister’s eyes rolling.
xxxxWitkit’s eyes slowly blinked open again, and she only had to see her mother’s face so close to hers to know exactly what had happened. She’d made the clicks again before, so it only made sense. She huffed just to herself.
xxxxSlowly, she rolled onto her feet. One foot spasmed slightly as she tried to put weight onto it, but other than that, she seemed to be okay.
xxxxAs she looked up, she saw Boulderdash and Harrierpelt right there in front of her. Harrierpelt who seemed to have replaced her grandfather just so she’d have enough cats telling her what she wasn’t allowed to do. And Boulderdash who’d stop her in a moment if she went past those silly rules that they all thought she needed.
hahaAnd she didn’t!
youaShe was fine.
renoOkay, sure, she lost consciousness sometimes… but… she had warning. Apparently Sealkit had had that too. He’d have one bit get twitchy, and he’d make weird noises before he did the thing, and now they knew that meant she was going to get twitchy after, that meant she could react and make sure she was out of harm’s way before it started. Witkit didn’t understand why there was an issue!
w!!!!Yeah, prolonged things where falling were an issue made sense to be cautious of, but it was hardly like she’d die from exploring the rest of camp! There weren’t exactly any big falls in camp that she didn’t know she could get down quickly from anyway.
xxxxNot letting her explore was just mean. And patronising. She’d never get to be a warrior if she was being barred off from doing anything at all risky just because she “might not predict it right”.
xxxxAnd Witkit was sure Knawelkit hated it too.
xxxx"Aaah!”
xxxxWitkit was sprung out of her thinking by the heavy weight that had pinned her down.
xxxx"Knor’lki’!
xxxxKnawelkit slowly got off Witkit’s back, and Witkit could tell from the speed of it that their grandmother was being given a filthy look.
xxxx"Knorl’ki’, Wi’ki’ don’t need ya jumpin’ on ‘er as soon as she’s up. Jumpin’ on ‘er’s no’ ‘elpin’ anyone. Yer okay, aren’t ya, Wi’ki’?”
xxxxWitkit nodded resolutely.
xxxxKnawelkit’s eyes never left Boulderdash and Harrierpelt until the two older cats had left. And it was at that point that her focus turned on Witkit, malevolence in her eyes.
xxxxThe worst bit was, Witkit knew exactly why Knawelkit acted like that. She’d act the same way. Whatever happened, Witkit would always get more attention, because Nettleflower – and the entire camp, apparently – was scared for her wellbeing. Just because her dead uncle had had the same thing. And that was ridiculous! Almost all the time, she was completely fine, and she could tell when she wasn’t going to be. There was no way she wouldn’t be able to make a functional warrior, without having to have everyone doting on her constantly.
xxxxKnawelkit just didn’t like being ignored.
TrueIf their situations had been reversed, Witkit knew full well she’d act exactly the same way.
xxxxThe nursery was definitely getting crowded, now. Before, there had never been more than two queens in here, and now there were four. If they successfully found Xerxes’ mother, there’d be five. And now, Langoustinefang was making her nest in here too.
xxxxIt was a big den – all the dens in their camp were – but it felt rather less spacious now than it had done when she was a kit.
xxxxAt least her den was made now.
xxxxEven if it looked rather sad. Away from all the current mothers, and away from her mate.
xxxxLangoustinefang looked across at her mate, just before she left.
xxxx"I’m not sleeping in here yet.”
xxxxSparrowfoot smiled slightly, although concern was definitely the main expression on her face. They’d wanted to be queens together, after all, that’s what mates were for.
xxxx"How come?”
xxxx"I want to sleep alongside you. It’s not my nest without you beside it.” Sparrowfoot’s smile grew more. “Ringpaw’s almost ready to be a warrior. Once he is, we both move in here, and we’ll be queens together.”
xxxxSparrowfoot beamed at her mate and out right failed to ignore the quiet “awwww” from Moraine.
YoukKnawelkit huffed, looking around the nursery.
now,Witkit was doing it again. That flopping around thing. Witkit kept doing it, and Nettleflower was jumping in to the situation, and only paying attention to her.
you’rThey were both her kits! They were both important!
ealotAnd yet Witkit got all the attention, just because she could flop around well.
likemKnawelkit wanted to see what would happen if she started doing that. Actually, she’d love that. For once, she’d get some attention, she’d get some love from her own mother. From the other queens, too, hopefully.
e,KnBut Knawelkit was sure that it’d only last a moment.
awelWitkit was so precious to them. And whatever she did, no one could see it! It was so annoying. Sometimes, Knawelkit could only think of the rage it was causing her. And although she really did love her sibling, deep in her heart, it was so easy to hate her too.
xxxxIt was so easy to hate everyone.
IfeelKnawelkit’s face screwed up in rage, and she saw red, and… she wanted to hurt something. But the only kit she normally would want to hurt was flailing around already, and was far too precious for her to get away with it towards.
almoInstead, Knawelkit turned away from where she’d been playing just a moment ago, calmly, collectedly.
stbaThe queens were fussing over her sibling’s body.
dinaMeanwhile, Knawelkit had made her way over to the little swaying hole in the den wall, what the queens called the fin.
way,"Oh, look, a kit, leaving. A kit without any supervision. Something really bad could happen. What if a dog came, what if an eagle came and ate her. If I were a queen, I’d jump in and stop her leaving. Before she was eaten.”
xxxxThey didn’t even glance at her.
forwKnawelkit’s face screwed up, and her claws came out, digging into the fuzzy material of the floor.
hatI’She wanted to scream.
mdoBut she knew they’d yell at her. “stop distracting us, Knawelkit”/"Your sister needs our attention, Knawelkit” She wasn’t even Knawelkit’s sister/"Can you find something quiet to do while we focus, Knawelkit”/”In a moment, Knawelkit!” It was more than she could bear.
ingtSo, biting back her rage and (quite literally) her tongue, she whipped her head and jumped through the opening.
oyouFrost dusted the ground still, despite it being mid-morning. Up on the hills that towered over camp, fog clung, mingling with the lowest furs of the thick belly of the clouds. Instead of shadows on the ground, everything looked grey, where the sun refused to touch the earth, on a cold, late leaf-fall day. Within the apple tree that grew in that corner of camp, wind danced and played, smacking the branches together. Branches Knawelkit had been told she was never allowed to climb, in case she started dancing too. Branches she’d wanted to climb the moment she’d heard that – not because of the small risk, but just because she’d been told not to, and that was in her nature.
xxxxWhy not? Why couldn’t she climb them?
you’dKnawelkit grinned to herself.
bothHer claws flew out to the sides as she leapt at the tree, and she slowly (and highly inelegantly) shimmied her way up the trunk of the tree.
suppHer uncle had died on this tree.
ortmMost cats would find it morbid to explore where their uncle had died in their first bid of freedom, and successful rebellion.
e,IknBut to Knawelkit-
owthWell…
at,buAs soon as she made her way up to the first branch, she could feel the cold wind hit her face.
toneIt was freezing, and so forceful she had to press her stomach in flat against the bark so as not to fall, whipping up adrenaline in her heart-
hadtBut it smelt so clean. It smelt beautiful, and her nose sang with its song. Of a million plants growing on the flat land of their territory, and she was sure sharp enough ears would hear the lives – in all their beauty – of a thousand insects, a thousand mammals, a thousand birds, a thousand untold critters –
obeuAnd she longed to stay there, just so she could keep it up.
nlucBut she was mindful of the warriors sitting on the wall on the main entrance of camp.
ky,aShe couldn’t stay here long.
ndpaKnawelkit looked around sadly at the branches around her, the branches she wished she could stay in, instead of having to return back to a nursery where she was ignored in favour of her sibling. And she was no longer sad.
ranoBecause she’d spotted something.
iaisvThe branch above her was only a small, hopefully short, scramble away. And it stretched almost directly out from the tree, so that about two thirds of its length along, it intersected with a section of the wall. Knawelkit did not hesitate before climbing up, and bounding along the branch as fast as she could whenever the wind let her move. She dropped down neatly onto the wall, and- ah! Haha!
eryeYes, there.
asytThere was a little tree stump, about as high as a cat above the ground, but the wall where she sat wasn’t so much as that above what she could jump herself. And the stump was just outside the wall, too. It was near the corner of the walled section.
ouseKnawelkit snuck a glance at the warriors on the other wall, wanting to know for sure she hadn’t been spotted, before sprinting along the wall top, hopping neatly onto the stump, and springing off the stump, her legs already carrying her furiously forward.
hahaHer brother’s help felt like just a taunt now. Yes, sure, she’d asked for that. They’d agreed on that. If one of them didn’t get to be a medicine cat apprentice, if one of them had all their dreams crushed in a single ceremony, then they’d help each other out, they’d both at least learn. Then, when Harrierpelt retired, they could be medicine cats together! But-
hahaBut now, Zinniapaw had to look into her brother’s eyes. She had to look him in the eye, and pretend she was happy for him, when it should have been her too! They’d both deserved it, they were both good enough, why- why!
keepAnd she couldn’t express her anguish to her brother. She’d be happy too if she’d got it. She’d overheard Teaselpaw asking Harrierpelt if he really couldn’t have two apprentices, and… she didn’t honestly know if she’d-… yeah, of course she’d do that. He was trying. He was trying to help her, she couldn’t fault him, and she was the one who’d asked for that help anyway! No, she… she couldn’t take his success away from him by showing how disappointed she was. She couldn’t take show it to any of her family, she didn’t want them to know she – deep down, of course – she wasn’t really happy for him. How could she be happy for Teaselpaw when she was so sad for herself?
xupxHer face was buried in her friend’s warm fur again. The kits were all safe and long asleep, the other apprentices too, and the warriors who weren’t on guard. The only sound was her and her friend, and the gentle scratching of a tree branch on the vertical ice whenever the wind blew. (Wind blew, huh? It was only obvious when the wind blew… could there be a better name for it from that?)
thex"It’s just not fair! Harrierpelt’s n- not even really old yet, I won’t be able to get it for ages!”
goodZinniapaw felt a gentle lick across the back of her head, and the accompanying chest movements as her friend stretched for that.
work"You know, there is another way for you to achieve your dreams.”
yougZinniapaw’s breathing hitched yet again – as it had done every time she’d needed her friend this badly – and she buried her face yet further in the fur.
enius"What? What possible way could there be?” Zinniapaw said, rage obviously filling her voice.
HAHAZinniapaw could feel from the movements of her friends stomach, almost as much as she could hear it as she spoke, that smile slowly starting and widening. That smile she knew meant that there was already a plan, well enough, from Teaselpaw as much as her friend.
!!!!!!"Honour’s a luxury we can’t all afford.”
Last edited by Chamrosh on Mon May 14, 2018 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyStreets » Sat May 05, 2018 4:30 am

°°°·. ℂ 𝕠 𝕧 𝕖 ℂ 𝕝 𝕒 𝕟 °°°
Number of Cats: 23 [5 servings]
Next avaliable moonpool visit: 10th May
Mod: Simonpet

Last Moon wrote:"Almond and Max, welcome to CoveClan!" Birchpatch announced. "Almond, step up."

When the pretty she-cat padded onto the sandy rock, Birchpatch nodded to her and spoke the ancient words of a warrior ceremony.

"I do," Almond said shyly and was rewarded with the name Almondfur. As she descended to join the other warriors, she noticed Dusknose watching her and felt her face flush red. She pranced over to sit down near him, her fluffy tail twitching.

Meanwhile, Max had jumped up to accept the position of a warrior and soon received the title along with the name Possumgaze. He bounded over to her and glared at Dusknose in irritation while their new names echoed around them.

This Moon wrote:[I'm so tired right now so maybe later]

Leader:
          Patchedstar | 46 moons | she-cat | X
          Lives: ★★★★★★★★ [8]

Deputy:
          Birchpatch | 37 moons | tom | X

Medicine Cat:
          Fadedleaf | 31 moons | she-cat | X

Medicine Cat Apprentice
          Squirtpaw | tom | 10 moons | X

Warriors:
          Crispstripe | 36 moons | tom | X
          Littledusk | 29 moons | tom | X
          Violetflame | 33 moons | she-cat | X
          Dusknose | 31 moons | tom | X
          Mallowtail | 27 moons | tom | X
          Almondfur | 25 moons | she-cat | X
          Possumgaze | 29 moons | tom | X

Apprentices:
          Honeypaw | 13 moons | she-cat | X
          Skypaw | 7 moons | tom | X

Queens:
          Squirreltail | 28 moons | she-cat X
          Patchedstar | 46 moons | she-cat | leader

Kits:
          Crescentkit | 3 moons | tom | X
          Silentkit | 3 moons | she-cat | X
          Silverkit | 2 moons | she-cat | X | on the left
          Alderkit | 2 moons | tom | X
          Spiderkit | 2 moons | tom | X
          Maplekit | 2 moons | she-cat | X
          Otterkit | 2 moons | tom | X

Elders:
          Click | 61 moons | tom | X | blind
    Ally Clans:
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders
    North | Pine forest | possible clan | Username
    East | Thunderpath | Twolegplace | no user
    South | Ocean | no user
    West | moorland | possible clan | Username

Medicine Store
    chervil | juice for infected wounds/roots for bellyache/kitting | 1x
    cobwebs | covering wounds | 1x
    goldenrod | good for healing wounds | 1x
    marigold | to stop infection & bleeding/for bone-ache | 1x
    catmint | for greencough/whitecough | 3x
    chamomile | travelling herb | 1x
    raspberry leaves | for stopping bleeding in kitting | 1x
    lungwort | cures yellowcough | 1x
    honey | for soothing throats and sweetening herbs | 2x
    coltsfoot | Eases breathing or kitten-cough, as well as cracked or sore pads.[ | 1x
    stick | for kitting queens to bite on | 1x
    tansy | cures coughs, helps with breathing, and soothes throats | 1x
    fennel | use | 1x
    parsley | use | 1x
    tormentil | use | 1x

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Bass | x1 | 3 servings
    Trout | x | 2 servings
    Crab | x0 | 2 servings
    Eel | x1 | 2 servings
    Hare | x0 | 3 servings
    Squirrel | x1 | 3 servings

Mentors:
    Birchstripe | Honeypaw | 3 training sessions | Fishing + Strategy + Stealth
    Crispstripe | Skypaw | 0 training sessions | 0 moves learnt

StarClan Cats
    Emberkit | X | stillborn | on the right
    Cat Name | [url]X[/url] | Cause of Death

Dark Forest Cats
    Name | [url]X[/url] | Cause of Death | Why Dark Forest?

Family:
    Fadedleaf and Crispstripe | Crescentkit and Silentkit
    Patchedstar and Littledusk | Silverkit, Alderkit, and Emberkit
    Squirreltail and Birchstripe | Spiderkit, Maplekit, and Otterkit

Eaten: 1x squirrel & 1x crab
Herbs used: n/a
Herb-hunting: Fadedleaf & Squirtpaw
Training: Birchpatch & Honeypaw | Skypaw & Crispstripe
Hunting:
patrol one Possumgaze, Littledusk, Mallowtail
patrol two Violetflame, Skypaw, Crispstripe
Border:
patrol one Almondfur, Dusknose, Crispstripe
patrol two Mallowtail, Birchpatch, Honeypaw
Moonpool: n/a
Other: n/a
[/quote]
xxxx
xxxxImage
━━━━━━━
« they/them »
« iavatar ©i »
« rain frog © »
━━━━━━━

ember/sunny
SunnyStreets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

CLOVERCLAN [02]

Postby astrophile. » Sat May 05, 2018 8:51 am

Number of Cats: 2

"Settling in well?" Smokestar's voice made the usually calm Fennelstripe jump, and he whirled around to spot his leader standing at the entrance of the medicine cat den, sticking his head inside. Fennelstripe exhaled as he returned to flattening out his moss bed.

"Yes Smokestar," he replied, as he emerged from his den out into the camp, in front of Smokestar.

Smokestar nodded in approval. "That's great. It's good we have a medicine cat. Our clan may be small, after all, it is just me and you right now, but Leaf-Bare is coming, which will bring sickness to our Clan. I must say, I'm glad StarClan sent you, Fennelstripe," he purred.

"Me too," Fennelstripe smiled, and dipped his head to his new leader. Smokestar returned the smile, before he padded away from the den and out the entrance of camp. "Probably to hunt," he assumed outloud, before he disappeared back into the den. He had to admit, it was a nice den. Plenty of room for him and his patients that were sure to find his way into his den before too long. He ducked into the herb storage, noticing that is was barren. "Well, looks like I'll have to go out to gather some herbs," he said. But for now, he plopped down in his new moss bed, his paws tucked under him, waiting for Smokestar to return so he could go out.

[[The Clan eats a mouse]]
[[Smokestar goes hunting]]
[[ Fennelstripe goes out to gather herbs ]]

Leader:
          Smokestar | 36 | Trans Tom |X

Deputy:

Medicine Cat:
          Fennelstripe | Age | Gender | X

Warriors:

Apprentices:

Queens:

Kits:

Elders:
    Ally Clans:
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders

Medicine Store
    Herb | Usage
    Herb | Usage

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Mice | x0 | 1 serving
    Shrew | x0 | 1 serving
    Squirrel | x0 | 2 servings
    Rabbit | x0 | 2 servings
    Small Fish | x0 | 2 servings
    Crow | x0 | 3 servings

Mentors:

Deceased Cats:

Family:
    Name and Name | Kits
    Name and Name | Kits
Last edited by astrophile. on Sun May 06, 2018 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
astrophile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [ 014 ]

Postby canadianhowl » Sat May 05, 2018 2:40 pm

[ Reposting so Deimos or possible next mod doesn't have to search through pages. Kat said it was okay to do. ]

DasCanadianSparkle wrote:
" nonxxmixxavetexxfattoxxniente "
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Number of Cats: 28/34
Males;; seventeen | Females;; eleven
Next Glowingskies visit;; now!

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

31572E
Will type soon

Joining;; Sunpetal of MorningClan -> Orangefang / Dapplepelt of RyeClan -> Frecklepelt
Patrols/Hunting;; Ivystone, Badgersnarl (patrol 1 - try to coax the kitten to join them)
Batstar, Reedfire, Tinystep, Sneezecloud, Frecklefur, Foxblaze (hunting 1)
Tulipstep, Snowwhisker, Ryefur, Sugarleap, Lionhop (hunting 2)
Deerheart (patrol 2)
Lightberry (herb 1)
Training;; Light/Salmon - identification
Injuries/Healing;; none
Ranking Up;; Shadepaw and Graypaw are ready for their final assessments. If they pass, they will be allowed to go to the Glowingsky for the final step to becoming a hunter and guard.
Harepaw will go to the Glowingsky for a moon. When he returns, he will be granted with the name Haresqueak.
Mates / Kits;; none
Servings;; 6 are eaten
Extras;; Batstar requests a warrior
Notes to Mod;; (( --- ))

Leader:
          batstar | thirty-eight | male | X

Deputy:
          reedfire | forty-four | male | X

Medicine Cat:
          lightberry | forty-two | female | X

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
          salmonpaw | sixteen | male | X

Hunters:
          tinystep | forty-four | male | X
          sneezecloud | forty-one | male | X
          tulipstep | forty | female | X
          snowwhisker | forty | female | X
          foxblaze | thirty-eight | male | X
          ryefur | thirty-six | male | X
          frecklefur | twenty-seven | male | X
          sugarleap | twenty-seven | female | X
          lionhop | twelve | male | X

Guards:
          deerheart | forty-five | male | X
          ivystone | forty | female | X
          orangefang | thirty-eight | male | X
          badgersnarl | thirty-five | male | X
          otterfang | thirty-three | female | X
          mousefeather | fifteen | female | X

Apprentices:
          harepaw | nineteen | male | X
          graypaw | fourteen | male | X
          shadepaw | thirteen | male | X

Queens:
          sunsplash | thirty-seven | female | X
          - see lightberry
          weaseltuft | thirty-four | female | 1 | X

Kits:
          berrykit | five | male | X
          cherrykit | five | female | X
          acornkit | two | male | X
          sparkkit | two | female | X

Elders:
    Ally Clans:
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders

Medicine Store
    Borage Leaf | x1 | makes milk, lowers fever
    Bright-eye | x1 | use with lovage-cures cough
    Broom | x1 | poultice for broken legs/wounds
    Catmint | x2 | cures white/green cough
    Cobweb | x1 | stops bleeding
    Coltsfoot | x0 | eases breathing/kitten cough
    Comfrey Root | x1 | for broken bones, stiff joints, burns
    Deathberry | x1 | poisoness, can kill a cat
    Fennel | x1 | helps hip pain
    Juniper Berries | x3 | soothes stomachs, can calm
    Poppy Seeds | x1 | helps sleep/eases pain, not for queens
    Raspberry Leaves | x1 | stops minor bleeding
    Tansy | x2 | stops greencough, helps wounds/poisoning
    Thyme | x1 | eases shock

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Mouse | x2 | 2 servings (1)
    Shrew | x2 | 2 servings (1)
    Squirrel | x1 | 2 servings (2)
    Rabbit | x1 | 2 servings (2)
    Large Fish | x3 | 9 servings (3)
    All Birds | x7 | x21 servings (3)
    Total | x17 | 38 servings
    Needed | 6 servings

Mentors:
    light/salmon | m | 1 sessions
    bat/hare | h | 4 sessions | hunting, tracking, stalking, scenting
    sugar/shade | h | 4 sessions | hunting, stalking, tracking, digging
    badger/gray | g | 4 sessions | combat, defense, digging, tracking

Deceased Cats:
    Dovekit | stillborn
    Sunkit | stillborn

Relations:
    tinystep -> otterfang
    otterfang -> frecklefur
    batstar -> snowwhisker
    snowwhisker -> reedfire
    graypaw -> mousefeather
    shadepaw -> graypaw
    harepaw -><- mousefeather
    weaseltuft <3 foxblaze
    deerheart <3 sunsplash
    reedfire <3 lightberry
    foxblaze + ??? = salmonpaw
    deerheart + sunsplash = lionhop (adopted)
    berrykit, cherrykit
    reedfire + lightberry = sparkkit, acornkit,
    dovekit, sunkit
    foxblaze + weaseltuft = tba
canadianhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me