Create A Kennel (v.1)

Just a little fun for when you have time to kill

the lost - 03

Postby miss universe » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:16 pm

Number of Dogs: 01 ♀ // 02 ♂

"okay, well...i haven't seen any humans. i could help you look for them, or you could just join my pack?" she offered, and the other dog nodded his head. "yes! thank you thank you! my name is andy!" leslie started walking back to the camp, andy following on her heels. ron was waiting, his prey already in one of the train carts. "i'll patrol this time. goodbye." ron said, his tone firm. leslie sighed, her beta seemed so angry! she turned to andy and said brightly, "let's go hunting!"

- ron is patrolling
leslie and andy are hunting -

Alpha:
          leslie | 25 moons | female | X
          Lives: ★★★★★★★★★

Beta:
          ron | 43 moons | male | X

Shaman:
          Name | Age | Gender | [url=link]X[/url]

Ironteeth:
          andy | twenty moons | male | X

Tenderpaws:

Pup-Mothers:

Pups:

Omegas:

Elders:
    Ally Kennels:
    Kennel Name | Username
    Kennel Name | Username[/quote]

Enemy Kennels:
    Kennel Name | Username
    Kennel Name | Username

Borders
    North | Kennel Name | Username
    East | Kennel Name | Username
    South | Kennel Name | Username
    West | Kennel Name | Username

Medicine Store
    Herb | Usage
    Herb | Usage

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    vole | x0 | 0 servings
    squirrel | x1 | 2 servings
    snake | x1 | 3 servings
    hawk | x0 | 0 servings
    deer | x0 | 0 servings
    hog | x0 | 0 servings

Mentors:
    Mentor | Tenderpaw | No. of training sessions | Moves

Deceased Dogs:
    Dog Name | Cause of Death

Family:
    Name and Name | Pups
    Name and Name | Pups
miss universe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Create A Kennel (v.1)

Postby salvation. » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:13 pm

Number of Dogs: Female: 3 Male: 4
Stars meeting: June 16th

Whats your name pup?" Blade growled at the small boxer that had just arrived. He didn't respond he just whimpered, Shadow stood in front of him.
"Blade, he's just a pup no need to be rude."
Blade narrowed his eyes at her, and stared again at the small dog.
"Whats your name dear?" Shadow said calmly.
"Spike."
"What a lovely name. How old are you?"
Spike glanced around as if he'd hadn't got a clue.
"He looks about, 6 moons." Blade announced, he looked up and around. "Rouge!" he shouted and within a matter of seconds Rouge appeared.
"Yes?"
"You will mentor Spike, and teach him all the valuable skills he may need."
Rouge nodded, "Yes Blade, I will take him out now."
"Good, don't disappoint me Rouge."
Rouge nodded and left Spike standing close to her side.
Shadow watched them leave before turning back to Blade. "The pups are coming soon, I'm guessing."
Blade looked down affectionately at Shadows swollen belly. "I hope they are all strong brave pups like me."
Shadow let out a small laugh "Me too." she looked around and saw Hunter leave his den."You know I think Hunter is going out to look for herbs. I'll be right back." she left before Blade could reply, he didn't go after her instead he left camp.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Hey Hunter." Shadow said.
"Oh, hello Shadow. Your not sick are you?" he said quickly.
Shadow shook her head. "No, of course not. I just wanted to accompany you on herb hunting that's all."
"Really?"
"Sure why not."
"Um, ok then let's get going." Hunter added before trotting off into the woods Shadow following slowly behind.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Angie was sitting near the camp entrance staring off into space, as usual. She jumped when she heard a voice.
"Hey Angie."
"You scared me Thunder!" Angie said, in her small voice.
"Sorry. What are you doing?" Thunder asked cocking his head to the side.
"Nothing, just watching the trees."
"Watching the trees?"
"Yes it's quite fun." Angie said with a smile.
"Ok then. Want to go hunting?"
Angie stood up up and shook her fur. "Sure!"
Thunder smiled and wagged his tail. "Great let's go!"

[The kennel consumes 1 vole]
[Hunter goes herb hunting Shadow follows along]
[Rouge trains Spike how to hunt]
[Thunder and Angie go hunting]
[Blade goes on a patrol]

Alpha:
          Blade | 38 moons | Male | X

Beta:
          Shadow | 31 moons | Female | X

Shaman:
          Hunter | 19 moons | Male | X

Ironteeth:
          Thunder | 19 moons | Male | X
          Rouge | 18 moons | Female | X
          ↪️Tenderpaw: Spike
          Angie| 18 moons | Female | X

Tenderpaws:
          Spike| 6 moons | Male | X

Pup-Mothers:

Pups:

Omegas:

Elders:
    Ally Kennels:
    Kennel Name | Username

Enemy Kennels:
    Kennel Name | Username
    Kennel Name | Username

Borders
    South | Beating Wings | .iris.

Medicine Store
    Borage Leaves| Increases queens milk supply, and brings down fever | 1
    Chervil| Helps with infections and bellyaches | 1
    Cobweb | Wrap it around injury to soak up the blood, and is also used to keep broken bones in place | 1
    Poppy Seed | Helps with cats who are experiencing shock or distress | 1
    Tansy | Can cure coughs | 1
    Honey | Great for soothing infections and helping dogs who have breathed smoke | 1
    Juniper Berries | A berry that helps with soothing bellyaches and breathing | 1

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Mice | x2| 1 servings
    Squirrel | x1| 2 servings
    Deer | x0 | 6 servings
    Vole | x2| 1 servings
    Small birds | x0 | 2 servings
    Snake | x0| 2 servings

Mentors:
    Rouge | Spike | 1 | None

Deceased Dogs:

Family:
    Blade and Shadow | Expecting
    Name and Name | Pups
writer-aries-she/her-entp-slytherin-chaotic neutral
salvation.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scarecrowz » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:25 am

The Misfit Growlers
Number of Dogs: 3

Logan tilted his head in confusion at this newcomer, "Those Warm Rocks belong to Misfit Growlers territory!" he woofed, "Hah, what kind of name is that? But whatever I don't want any trouble.." the male barked, he took a long stretch on the rocks before walking down to Logan, he was about to speak when Belle made her way through the bush, "Logan, I see you have found someone" Belle barked, "Yes indeed, this newcomer has gotten all over our Warm Rocks!" Logan said through gritted teeth, the newcomer looked surprised at Logan, for being so rude to him "This will be a warning for now, but just know if we see you again we will fight you off" Belle barked, her tone more serious than before, "Don't take our warnings lightly!" growled Logan, "Well can I join you guys? This seems interesting.." the dog woofed, Logan and Belle exchanged worried glances, but finally nodded their agreement, "Whats your name?" Logan asked as they trotted back to camp "Florida.. that's the name my mother chose for me" the dog nodded, "Well Florida, prepare to serve your life to Belle, for she may be the wisest leader you'll ever know" Logan whispered, Belle glanced back at the 2, a grin on her face from Logan's words.

A moon later...

Florida had finished a serving of his squirrel when Belle had howled for him and Logan to listen to her gathering, after the 2 raised their heads towards Belle, she rose up onto the cut down tree's stump, "All dogs of Misfit Growlers, till I return from Star Lake, Logan will be in charge!" she howled, after walking under the hollow that lead to the borders, Logan walked up to Florida to talk with him, "So what's she gonna do?" Florida asked Logan, "Last night she told me she was going to ask for a shaman.." Logan barked, Florida looked confused "What's a shaman?" he asked, "Of course, your still new to this., Shamans are healers.. and if we want to survive, we need one" Logan barked, "Well I hope that shaman comes soon.. yesterday I nearly got a thorn in my paw!" woofed Florida, Logan chuckled a bit, "So do you like Belle?" Florida asked, Logan's eyes widened a bit, why would Florida just randomly ask such a question to him "Um.. Um.. well yeah she's a great friend, she's calm and friendly, and she is just like you kind of.. but doesn't ask questions unless she needs to" Logan woofed, raising his voice on that last part, Florida chuckled and gave a nod "Okay, sure, just "friends" " Florida nodded.
Belle had arrived at the Star Lake, ahead of her lay a big pool of water with lily pads, and stars twinkling as well, she dipped her nose into the lake, "Spiritual Howls, I am Belle, leader of Misfit Growlers, I ask for a shaman to keep us healthy and well" Belle silently barked.

A serving was eaten, Belle asks for a shaman

Alpha:
          Belle | 35 moons | Female | X

Beta:
          Logan | 37 moons | Male | X

Shaman:

Ironteeth:
          Florida | 27 Moons | Male | X

Tenderpaws:

Pup-Mothers:

Pups:

Omegas:

Elders:
    Ally Kennels:
    Kennel Name | Username

Enemy Kennels:
    Kennel Name | Username
    Kennel Name | Username

Borders

Medicine Store
    Herb | Usage
    Herb | Usage

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Squirrel | X1| 1 servings
    Rabbit | x0 | 0 servings
    Magpie | x0 | 0 servings
    Finch | x0 | 0 servings
    Lizard | x0 | 0 servings
    Vole | x0 | 0 servings

Mentors:

Deceased Dogs:

Family:
    Name and Name | Pups
    Name and Name | Pups

he/him
agender lesbian
you can call me sunny or june!
cringe on main
scarecrowz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Replies from Ame

Postby amethyst14 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:49 am

Weather Report: The storm has passed for now, prey will be easier to catch now as they are trying to warm themselves. There are clouds but not as many when the storm was over head, the slight breeze slowly drags them across the sky.

Broken Doves|Kennel of Rushing Waters|Brightlight Chasers|Half Towers|Broken Sentinels|The Olympic Forest|The Misfit Growlers|The Lost|

miss universe wrote:"okay, well...i haven't seen any humans. i could help you look for them, or you could just join my pack?" she offered, and the other dog nodded his head. "yes! thank you thank you! my name is andy!" leslie started walking back to the camp, andy following on her heels. ron was waiting, his prey already in one of the train carts. "i'll patrol this time. goodbye." ron said, his tone firm. leslie sighed, her beta seemed so angry! she turned to andy and said brightly, "let's go hunting!"

- ron is patrolling
leslie and andy are hunting -

Ron eyed the stranger wearily before simply commanding "Follow me."

"Uh-okay.." There was no argument, not even a sound from the two as Ron lead the way back to camp.

Ron found a potential Ironteeth.
Leslie and Andy caught a hawk and two snakes.

_Ravenfeather_ wrote:Logan tilted his head in confusion at this newcomer, "Those Warm Rocks belong to Misfit Growlers territory!" he woofed, "Hah, what kind of name is that? But whatever I don't want any trouble.." the male barked, he took a long stretch on the rocks before walking down to Logan, he was about to speak when Belle made her way through the bush, "Logan, I see you have found someone" Belle barked, "Yes indeed, this newcomer has gotten all over our Warm Rocks!" Logan said through gritted teeth, the newcomer looked surprised at Logan, for being so rude to him "This will be a warning for now, but just know if we see you again we will fight you off" Belle barked, her tone more serious than before, "Don't take our warnings lightly!" growled Logan, "Well can I join you guys? This seems interesting.." the dog woofed, Logan and Belle exchanged worried glances, but finally nodded their agreement, "Whats your name?" Logan asked as they trotted back to camp "Florida.. that's the name my mother chose for me" the dog nodded, "Well Florida, prepare to serve your life to Belle, for she may be the wisest leader you'll ever know" Logan whispered, Belle glanced back at the 2, a grin on her face from Logan's words.

A moon later...

Florida had finished a serving of his squirrel when Belle had howled for him and Logan to listen to her gathering, after the 2 raised their heads towards Belle, she rose up onto the cut down tree's stump, "All dogs of Misfit Growlers, till I return from Star Lake, Logan will be in charge!" she howled, after walking under the hollow that lead to the borders, Logan walked up to Florida to talk with him, "So what's she gonna do?" Florida asked Logan, "Last night she told me she was going to ask for a shaman.." Logan barked, Florida looked confused "What's a shaman?" he asked, "Of course, your still new to this., Shamans are healers.. and if we want to survive, we need one" Logan barked, "Well I hope that shaman comes soon.. yesterday I nearly got a thorn in my paw!" woofed Florida, Logan chuckled a bit, "So do you like Belle?" Florida asked, Logan's eyes widened a bit, why would Florida just randomly ask such a question to him "Um.. Um.. well yeah she's a great friend, she's calm and friendly, and she is just like you kind of.. but doesn't ask questions unless she needs to" Logan woofed, raising his voice on that last part, Florida chuckled and gave a nod "Okay, sure, just "friends" " Florida nodded.
Belle had arrived at the Star Lake, ahead of her lay a big pool of water with lily pads, and stars twinkling as well, she dipped her nose into the lake, "Spiritual Howls, I am Belle, leader of Misfit Growlers, I ask for a shaman to keep us healthy and well" Belle silently barked.

A serving was eaten, Belle asks for a shaman

"Such a beautiful lake.." the stranger murmured behind Belle before continuing "The ancestors led me here, said I would be your shaman from here on..." The collie Shepard mix stepped closer to the alpha and sniffed her "Seem healthy to me, so scent of sickness." They woofed in a teasing tone "Well lets go meet the rest of the pack!" they said before heading off in the wrong direction with a small skip in their step.

The ancestors sent you a shaman.
amethyst14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Valiant Storms

Postby carpe noctem. » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:07 am

Through the darkest thunderstorms and harshest winds,
we remain bound together by loyalty and strength.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Meet the pack of Valiant Storms, a tough kennel that favours strength and loyalty. They are often seen as hostile to neighbouring kennels, protective of their Kennel. though, if one was to become apart of their kennel, they would learn that they are in fact quite closely-knit and caring to each other. They would defend their pack with their life, making these dogs quite loyal. The Valiant Storms Kennel is one that would make a good ally in battle, as they consist mostly of larger, more powerful breeds and are trained quite well to fit the requirements of the kennel.

Their territory consists of mostly pine forests on the side of the mountain, though their also is a waterfall that is right next to their camp, providing easy access to water when needed, aswell as to catch the occasional trout or salmon. Since the waterfall isn't large, it is also accessible at the top, where the land is flatter and a meadow resides, also where more big game prey can be found, like deer and elk. Besides the one large meadow, most of the territory is pine trees or rocky terrain, this is where they can find smaller prey like mice, squirrels and birds, though that doesn't mean that the occasionally deer or elk will be found.

Valiant Storms Traditions include the switch from a tenderpaw to an ironteeth, were the tenderpaw will firstly, hunt as much as they can to show their gratitude and thanks for the dogs in the kennel, and if they find enough to like an iron tooth, they go into the next mission of fighting as many irontooths as their are succeeding tenderpaws. To avoid getting actually hurt, they will only need to knock their opponent down to show their belly. After thar the dogs will form a circle, with the tenderpaw/s in the middle, and face them and howl to their tenderpaw and ancestors, thanking them for blessing them with a strong dog. Then, as the sun rises once more, they will bathe near the waterfall, cleaning their pelts from their old tenderpaw ways and being blessed with the strength and skill of a irontooth. However, if they aren't given the skill of an iron tooth and become a omega, then they mustn't bathe in the waters and the dogs of the pack will howl facing their backs to the omega, asking their ancestors for better luck for the next tenderpaws.

The dogs of this Kennel typically are large breeds with more muscular, working-built bodies. Breeds typically found in the Kennel are dobermans, kangals, gsd's, blue bay shepherds and Belgian malinios, though other large to medium breeds are acceptable. They are often tough dog breeds with intimidating looks. They will occasionally accept smaller breeds, though they usually become omega if they don't fit their needs and are almost always looked down on and picked upon Coat colours in the Kennel can range from lilacs to ruby's with many patterns and markings, like brindle or sable.

Common Breeds: Kangal, Doberman, GSD, Belgain Malinios, Beauceron, Blue Bay Shepherd, Caucasian shepherd
Uncommon Breeds: Huskies, Cane Corso, Tosa Inu, Border Collies, Great Dane, Boxer, Boerboel
Very Uncommon: Dogo Argentino, Alaskan Noble Companion Dog, Setters, Pitbulls
Rare: Rhodesian Ridgeback, Akita Inu, Aussie Shepherd, Chow Chow, Small Breeds
Last edited by carpe noctem. on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
carpe noctem.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Valiant Storms

Postby amethyst14 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:14 am

♔ Aesthetic ♔ wrote:
Through the darkest thunderstorms and harshest winds,
we remain bound together by loyalty and strength.

Meet the pack of Valiant Storms, a tough kennel that favours strength and loyalty. They are often seen as hostile to neighbouring kennels, protective of their Kennel. though, if one was to become apart of their kennel, they would learn that they are in fact quite closely-knit and caring to each other. They would defend their pack with their life, making these dogs quite loyal. The Valiant Storms Kennel is one that would make a good ally in battle, as they consist mostly of larger, more powerful breeds and are trained quite well to fit the requirements of the kennel.

Their territory consists of mostly pine forests on the side of the mountain, though their also is a waterfall that is right next to their camp, providing easy access to water when needed, aswell as to catch the occasional trout or salmon. Since the waterfall isn't large, it is also accessible at the top, where the land is flatter and a meadow resides, also where more big game prey can be found, like deer and elk. Besides the one large meadow, most of the territory is pine trees or rocky terrain, this is where they can find smaller prey like mice, squirrels and birds, though that doesn't mean that the occasionally deer or elk will be found.

Valiant Storms Traditions include the switch from a tenderpaw to an ironteeth, were the tenderpaw will firstly, hunt as much as they can to show their gratitude and thanks for the dogs in the kennel, and if they find enough to become an ironteeth, then the dogs will form a circle, with the tenderpaw/s in the middle, and face them and howl to their tenderpaw and ancestors, thanking them for blessing them with a strong dog. Then, as the sun rises once more, they will bathe near the waterfall, cleaning their pelts from their old tenderpaw ways and being blessed with the strength and skill of a irontooth. However, if they are a omega, then they mustn't bathe in the waters and the dogs of the pack will howl facing their backs to the omega, asking their ancestors for better luck for the next tenderpaws.

The dogs of this Kennel typically are large breeds with more muscular, working-built bodies. Breeds typically found in the Kennel are dobermans, kangals, gsd's and Belgian malinios, though other breeds are acceptable. They will accept smaller breeds, though they usually become omega if they don't fit their needs. Coat colours in the Kennel can range from lilacs to ruby's with many patterns and markings, like brindle or sable.

Valiant Storms has been founded!
amethyst14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby persay » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:05 am

Wolfy858 wrote:
Silver Fangs
Number of Dogs: 6 | Brutes: 5| Faes: 1

Watching from his den, Aland inspects the sight below him, his pack, a twinge of happiness flows through his veins as he leaps down to take Bear and Pandora on another patrol, perhaps he might find a mate or beta. Remi trots over to Baylin with a wolfy grin, Baylin, ya wanna join me on another hunt? A quick nod is what is received from a sleepy looking Baylin, wishing Atlas luck they walk into the area decided to hunt in.

{Pack eat 2 servings}
{Aland takes Bear and Pandora on patrol}
{Remi and Baylin go on a hunt patrol}
{Atlas goes Herb Hunting

Alpha:
          Aland | 24 y 6 m. | Male/Brute | Suluki, Borzoi, Aussie Mix |X

Beta:

Shaman:
          Atlas | 23 | Brute | Rottweiler Mix X

Ironteeth:
          Baylin | 24 y 4 m. | Brute | Chocolate Lab | X
          Remi | 19 y 3 m. | Brute | Bluetick Coonhound| X
          Bear | 20 y 2 m. | Brute | Burmese Mountain Dog |X
          Pandora| 16 y 1 m. | Fae | Shiba Inu | X

Tenderpaws:

Pup-Mothers:

Pups:

Omegas:

Elders:
    Ally Kennels:
    Kennel Name | Username
    Kennel Name | Username

Enemy Kennels:
Kennel Name | Username
Kennel Name | Username

Borders

Medicine Store
Herb | Usage
Herb | Usage

Fresh-Kill Pile:
Deer | x1 | 6 servings
Hog | x1 | 6 servings
Hare | x0 | 2 servings
Squirrel | x1 | 2 servings
Rabbit | x1 | 2 servings
Large Bird | x1 |  3 servings

Mentors:

Deceased Dogs:

Family:
Name and Name | Pups
Name and Name | Pups
[/quote]
he/him
LIVE right now join me
my da
part of the gucci gremlin gang, I am the gucci ofc
gremlin soft
gremlin gurt
gremlin liz
gremlin feather
persay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Chowilawu Kennel [Foreword/Authors Note - 000]

Postby xXocea » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:35 am

Chowilawu - Joined together by water.

The Chowilawu Kennel was formed by a young she-dog chasing after the stories and rumors she was told by the mothers about an ancient kennel of her ancestors. They were a strong kennel led by three-brothers located on their very sea-shore, that mysteriously fell apart decades ago. It felt like such a far-fetched story given their position at the feet of man. To be wild?? Free to roam the open wilderness without the confines of a collar and rope? Absolutely bizarre! Those were only mere stories told to restless pups so they could go to bed and allow their mothers some rest. It came as no surprise that when the ambition young she-pup proclaimed she would find the old kennel and bring it back to life that it caused an immense uproar amongst the mothers. No-one believed she would find this place, or even escape past the tall palisades that kept them confined to their small territory of protection. Everyone knew of the dogs who attempted to jump the tall palisades, or even tunnel under them. Most would get caught before they could escape but others would make it out. The so called "hero" dogs who could escape the territory of protection were always returned to them the next day, telling tales of a large grey building with metal palisades very similar to the tall palisades surrounding their own territory of protection. Yet somehow despite what all the other dogs said about her, she made it. She escaped under the tall palisades, and she made it into the wilderness. She didn't get caught, and she never even came across the grey building nor the metal palisades.

Beliefs and Personality The Chowilawu Kennel is a bit odd in their way of religion. Back in the territory of protection no-one really believed in any sort of spirit or ancestor or what not. They only had their stories to go off of, and those were mainly told to pups. Fables to make them fall asleep at night. No-one could ever claim to have spoken with a spirit or their ancestors long passed. At least until Ailis entered the wilds and started getting dreams...

Since then the kennel is a little bit divided. Some believe in the spirits and ancestors and even worship them, asking and praying for different things to happen, seeking protection and what not. Other's think it's a just a bunch of made-up stuff crafted by the believers weak-minds as a way to have something to cling on to in times of need and desperation. A way for them to feel better about themselves. When faced with evidence of the spirits and ancestors being real (Such a new dog coming to them after it was requested, or better weather after a time of hardships, ect.) the non-believers simply shrug it off as a mere coincidence.

One thing that most of the kennel can agree upon however is their way of life, and hierarchy. The kennel is very matriarchal.
      Always having females in positions of higher power. The leader is always a female, and her heir is always one of her daughters, or another female of desirable talent. The pack does not take on Beta's, either having the heir or any of the Ironteeth taking over for the Queen. The kennel is polyamorous, in which it is not uncommon to find female and even males with multiple partners. However monogamy is not rare in any way, some dogs sticking to one partner and one partner only. The Queen is a good example of polyamory, for she takes on multiple partners. Never taking a permanent mate but having many suitors. Of course that doesn't mean the Queen cannot pick favourites amongst her suitors, as she very much does so as she pleases. She belongs to her people and not just one or a few set dogs, and that is the way it shall always be.

Characteristics and Appearance The Chowilawu Pack's average build for a irontooth is medium to largely sized with long fur, flopped ears, and feathering around their legs and belly. Their breeds as classified by man are of the Hunting, Retrieving, Gun, and Water groups.

Coat colour can vary however it is pretty straight forward with mostly liver, red, and black coloured dogs. Patterns usually include lots of white, having many piebald dogs. Spotting, ticking and roaning along the legs, face, and sometimes body is not uncommon.

Breeds for this kennel include...
      Classic breeds like: Golden Retrievers, Labrador Retrievers, Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers, Newfoundlands, ect.
      Lesser known Retriever breeds: Curly Coated Retriever, Chesapeake Bay Retriever, Flat-coated Retriever
      Lots of Setters: English Setter, Gordon Setter, Irish Setter, Irish red & White Setter
      (LARGE) Spaniel Breeds: English Springer Spaniel, Welsh Springer Spaniel, Kooikerhondje, Picardy Spaniel, Stabyhoun, Brittany
      Pointer Dogs: German Shorthaired Pointer, English Pointer, Large Münsterländer, Small Münsterländer
      The Most Common However are: English Setter, Irish red & White Setter, Large Münsterländer/Small Münsterländer, Stabyhoun, Brittany, English Springer Spaniel, Welsh Springer Spaniel

Dogs of breeds outside the listed that have characteristics similar are not uncommon.

Territory The place where The Chowilawu Kennel is located at is in Newfoundland and Labrador, right on the coast! The weather here is incredibly unpredictable, and there's a saying going around here that the dogs say: "If you don't like the current weather wait five minutes, the weather will be something different!" Summers here are cool while Winter are warm. Rain and fog are the daily norm. Risk of flooding is very high with the kennel's lake, rivers, and streams, and it's pretty much guaranteed to flood come Spring-time.

To protect against the flood-waters Chowilawu camp is located in a clearing of the forest locating at a higher altitude up on a hill. Dens are dug out into the soil, or around tree roots. Some dogs prefer to sleep outside, while other find caves nearby.
      It's every-dog for themselves with no set dens due to ranks.

The packs borders:
      North - To the north border after a small expanse of forest lies very rocky terrain that very quickly drops off into the ocean. Sharp spike-like rocks wait below. Pups, Tenderpaws, and even Ironteeth are advised to stay away as one slip will most definitely lead to death.
      North West - The North west holds the largest mass of land out of all the territory. After trekking through a mass amount of forest you're left in barren rocky terrain still far away from the sea. Few shrubs and grasses grow here in the dusty sand and slate. Vegetation is very sparse. After awhile of this rocky terrain you'll near the sea. Up out of the cliffs rises up a large rock (Similar to Pride rock) where dogs will come to talk and pray to the Spirits and Ancestors. Every once in awhile the Queen herself visits here to take counsel with the spirits to get advice, or ask for resources. The sounds of the sea is loudest here, and the kennel has brought it upon themselves to call this area the Growling cliffs due to the unique sound of the waves crashing against the face of the cliff.
      West - The West is where the sea is the most calm and quiet. The cliffs here are not as steep nor tall. If one was to look close enough they'd find a thin trail leading down towards the beaches. Hunting is good here for many types of Sea-birds. Beware however as on the other side of the beach man has their own way down to the beach. Luckily they tend to stay to their area, however occasionally a few straggler will come up north to escape the crowds back to the south.
      South West - The south is forbidden. It is the place of man, and is where Ailis came from when she first started this kennel. Many strays and abandoned or lost pets come from here to join the kennel.
      South - The forest gets alot thinner and sparse to the south. Eventually opening up into a vast grasslands and meadows. Many rodents, rabbits, and land-birds are attracted to this area. Hunting is great here!
      South East - The South east holds a large lake that is very prone to flooding. It should be avoided at all costs after long periods of time with rain, especially in Spring. The lake borders on two different forests, and even a park of the grasslands. It supports a diverse echo-system attracting moose, caribou, many types of water-fowl, and other animals. Hunting here is good when it isn't flooded.
      East - The east is where the forest gets denser and starts to mix into a pine/evergreen forest. The dogs don't visit here much, as it gets too dark.
      North East - The North east is a pure pine forest that doesn't ever get visited by Chowilawu dogs.
Last edited by xXocea on Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xXocea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Chowilawu Kennel [Prologue 000]

Postby amethyst14 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:52 am

RebelliousWinter wrote:
Chowilawu - Joined together by water.

The Chowilawu Kennel was formed by a young she-dog chasing after the stories and rumors she was told by the mothers about an ancient kennel of her ancestors. They were a strong kennel led by three-brothers located on their very sea-shore, that mysteriously fell apart decades ago. It felt like such a far-fetched story given their position at the feet of man. To be wild?? Free to roam the open wilderness without the confines of a collar and rope? Absolutely bizarre! Those were only mere stories told to restless pups so they could go to bed and allow their mothers some rest. It came as no surprise that when the ambition young she-pup proclaimed she would find the old kennel and bring it back to life that it caused an immense uproar amongst the mothers. No-one believed she would find this place, or even escape past the tall palisades that kept them confined to their small territory of protection. Everyone knew of the dogs who attempted to jump the tall palisades, or even tunnel under them. Most would get caught before they could escape but others would make it out. The so called "hero" dogs who could escape the territory of protection were always returned to them the next day, telling tales of a large grey building with metal palisades very similar to the tall palisades surrounding their own territory of protection. Yet somehow despite what all the other dogs said about her, she made it. She escaped under the tall palisades, and she made it into the wilderness. She didn't get caught, and she never even came across the grey building nor the metal palisades.

Beliefs and Personality The Chowilawu Kennel is a bit odd in their way of religion. Back in the territory of protection no-one really believed in any sort of spirit or ancestor or what not. They only had their stories to go off of, and those were mainly told to pups. Fables to make them fall asleep at night. No-one could ever claim to have spoken with a spirit or their ancestors long passed. At least until *name* entered the wilds and started getting dreams...

Since then the kennel is a little bit divided. Some believe in the spirits and ancestors and even worship them, asking and praying for different things to happen, seeking protection and what not. Other's think it's a just a bunch of made-up stuff crafted by the believers weak-minds as a way to have something to cling on to in times of need and desperation. A way for them to feel better about themselves. When faced with evidence of the spirits and ancestors being real (Such a new dog coming to them after it was requested, or better weather after a time of hardships, ect.) the non-believers simply shrug it off as a mere coincidence.

One thing that most of the kennel can agree upon however is their way of life, and hierarchy. The kennel is very matriarchal.
      Always having females in positions of higher power. The leader is always a female, and her heir is always one of her daughters, or another female of desirable talent. The pack does not take on Beta's, either having the heir or any of the Ironteeth taking over for the Queen. The kennel is very polyamorous, in which it is not uncommon to find female and even males with multiple partners. However monogamy is not rare in any way, some dogs sticking to one partner and one partner only. The Queen is a good example of polyamory, for she takes on multiple partners. Never taking a permanent mate but having many suitors. Of course that doesn't mean the Queen cannot pick favourites amongst her suitors, as she very much does so as she pleases. She belongs to her people and not just one or a few set dogs, and that is the way it shall always be.

Characteristics and Appearance The Chowilawu Pack's average build for a irontooth is medium to largely sized with long fur, flopped ears, and feathering around their legs and belly. Their breeds as classified by man are of the Hunting, Retrieving, Gun, and Water groups.

Coat colour can vary however it is pretty straight forward with mostly liver and black coloured dogs. Patterns usually include lots of white, having many piebald dogs. Spotting, ticking and roaning along the legs, face, and sometimes body is not uncommon.

Breeds for this kennel include...
      Classic breeds like: Golden Retrievers, Labrador Retrievers, Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers, Newfoundlands, ect.
      Lesser known Retriever breeds: Curly Coated Retriever, Chesapeake Bay Retriever, Flat-coated Retriever
      Lots of Setters: English Setter, Gordon Setter, Irish Setter, Irish red & White Setter
      (LARGE) Spaniel Breeds: English Springer Spaniel, Welsh Springer Spaniel, Kooikerhondje, Picardy Spaniel, Stabyhoun, Brittany
      Pointer Dogs: German Shorthaired Pointer, English Pointer, Large Münsterländer, Small Münsterländer
      The Most Common However are: English Setter, Irish red & White Setter, Large Münsterländer/Small Münsterländer, Stabyhoun, Brittany, English Springer Spaniel, Welsh Springer Spaniel

Dogs of breeds outside the listed that have characteristics similar are not uncommon.

Territory The place where The Chowilawu Kennel is located at is in Newfoundland, right on the coast! The weather here is incredibly unpredictable, and there's a saying going around here that the dogs say: "If you don't like the current weather wait five minutes, the weather will be something different!" Summers here are cool while Winter are warm. Rain and fog are the daily norm. Risk of flooding is very high with the kennel's lake, rivers, and streams, and it's pretty much guaranteed to flood come Spring-time.

To protect against the flood-waters Chowilawu camp is located in a clearing of the forest locating at a higher altitude up on a hill. Dens are dug out into the soil, or around tree roots. Some dogs prefer to sleep outside, while other find caves nearby.
      It's every-dog for themselves with no set dens due to ranks.

The packs borders:
      North - To the north border after a small expanse of forest lies very rocky terrain that very quickly drops off into the ocean. Sharp spike-like rocks wait below. Pups, Tenderpaws, and even Ironteeth are advised to stay away as one slip will most definitely lead to death.
      North West - The North west holds the largest mass of land out of all the territory. After trekking through a mass amount of forest you're left in barren rocky terrain still far away from the sea. Few shrubs and grasses grow here in the dusty sand and slate. Vegetation is very sparse. After awhile of this rocky terrain you'll near the sea. Up out of the cliffs rises up a large rock (Similar to Pride rock) where dogs will come to talk and pray to the Spirits and Ancestors. Every once in awhile the Queen herself visits here to take counsel with the spirits to get advice, or ask for resources. The sounds of the sea is loudest here, and the kennel has brought it upon themselves to call this area the Growling cliffs due to the unique sound of the waves crashing against the face of the cliff.
      West - The West is where the sea is the most calm and quiet. The cliffs here are not as steep nor tall. If one was to look close enough they'd find a thin trail leading down towards the beaches. Hunting is good here for many types of Sea-birds. Beware however as on the other side of the beach man has their own way down to the beach. Luckily they tend to stay to their area, however occasionally a few straggler will come up north to escape the crowds back to the south.
      South West - The south is forbidden. It is the place of man, and is where *name* came from when she first started this kennel. Many strays and abandoned or lost pets come from here to join the kennel.
      South - The forest gets alot thinner and sparse to the south. Eventually opening up into a vast grasslands and meadows. Many rodents, rabbits, and land-birds are attracted to this area. Hunting is great here!
      South East - The South east holds a large lake that is very prone to flooding. It should be avoided at all costs after long periods of time with rain, especially in Spring. The lake borders on two different forests, and even a park of the grasslands. It supports a diverse echo-system attracting moose, caribou, many types of water-fowl, and other animals. Hunting here is good when it isn't flooded.
      East - The east is where the forest gets denser and starts to mix into a pine/evergreen forest. The dogs don't visit here much, as it gets too dark.
      North East - The North east is a pure pine forest that doesn't ever get visited by Chowilawu dogs.

The Chowilawu Kennel as been founded!
amethyst14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

some folly replies!

Postby ossa di cervo » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:05 pm

Weather Report: As summer comes to lazy halt the heat has finally let up. The sky is hidden by a few grey clouds and a nice breeze blows, cooling off anyone who ventures outside. Lots of prey is out enjoying the cool weather so it'll be easy to catch prey. Humans aren't around as often because they fear the cool will persist.

Other: Don't forget to join us on the Fanclub page!

echoing caverns | blood moon | beating wings | silver fangs | twisting briars | kennel of water feathers | illegitimate stars | ruby brigade | valiant storms

amethyst14 wrote:
Number of Dogs:5(2 Servings)
Brutes: 3 Faes: 2
Next Ancestor Visit: July 17, 2017
───────────────────────
"What do you think of the new fae? She is definitely more shy than Viloa, kind of reminds me of Markus just not as cold." Butch asked Troy as the patrolled the borders.

"I think she was lucky we came along when we did, she needed our protection." Troy woofed with a serious tone. "Faes are far to delicate to be on their own, sure they can hunt but there is no way they can hold their own in a fight." The alpha scoffed.

Butch didn't agree with that last bit but there was no way he was going to protest the alpha's word. "I think Shiver is kind of sweet..." the Dane trailed off. There was rustling noises ahead and the two grew quiet as they investigated further.

───────────────────────
"It is nice to have some company for once. Troy and Butch are always patrolling the borders and I am stuck hunting alone. Sure there is Markus but he doesn't talk much and he doesn't like company either." Viloa barked at Shiver.

"Troy says that we need protection, but I wouldn't imagine anyone or thing attacking with Butch around. I also can take care of myself." The new fae chuckled "I guess it is better to let them think they are taking care of us. Though I think Butch doesn't agree to much with the Alpha." Shiver added.

"They are just strange." Viloa muttered, she wouldn't admit it but she has grown fond of the brute's attitudes and felt she needed to take care of them. "Why don't you talk around them? It's not like they will hurt you, they say they are here to 'protect us delicate faes'." she mimicked Troy's tone of voice at the last bit.

Shiver couldn't help but bark out a laugh at the imitation before shaking her head "I find Butch intimidating. And he always looks at me, it makes me nervous." Shiver admitted.

"I bet he likes you." Viloa smirked. Shiver only shook her head and smiled at the idea before returning her focus ahead of them to hunt.

───────────────────────
[Herb Hunting Markus searches for herbs.]
[Border Patrol Troy and Butch patrol the borders.]
[Hunting Patrol Viloa and Shiver hunt.]
[Prey Used 1 Snake (2 servings)]

markus finds dandelion and coltsfoot!
while patrolling troy and butch find a dog!
viloa and shiver catch a hare and a chicken!

raven walker wrote:
Number of Dogs: 1 female | 1 male

After welcoming the new dog to the kennel, Rerria decided to take Achilles hunting. Not only would they catch themselves food, but she would be assessing his skills and deciding on wether she liked him. So far he'd been friendly but respectful, and she was happy with that. He'd asked many questions about the kennel and she'd been extremely pleased with the way his eyes lit up when she first told him after discovering him bathing in the stream. As she looked down at the smaller dog, she wondered if he was beta material. The chances are he wouldn't be, but you never know. For a while they wandered until Rerria took them to the densest part of their forest and let Achilles loose.

(Rerria and Achilles are hunting)

rerria and achilles catch two squirrels and a mouse thanks to the great weather!
they also run into a dog! [ you can decide if this is a beta or an irontooth! ]

Katrione wrote:
Number of Dogs: 11 | Females: 6 | Males: 5
(3 servings)

Trenton poked his head into the nursery, his tail tucked between his legs. He reeled back when Florence barked loudly at him. Essex slipped out of the nursery, nudging Trenton away. "It's not a good time to go in there, Trenton." Essex said. "Florence birthed five pups, but two of them died. She's extremely protective of the last three. She barely let me near the pups."

He disappeared back inside, only to return moment with a tiny black pup dangling from his jaws. Essex set it down at Trenton's paws before hurrying back inside and returning with a black pup with faint brindle markings. Trenton sniffed at the two dead pups before drawing his tongue over their ears, tears starting to well in his eyes. "Did she name any of them?"

"She named these two, but not the other three." Essex said after setting the last pup down. "These two are Columbus and Melbourne." Trenton nodded before curling his tail around the pups. He looked up to see Florence watching from the entrance to the nursery, a dead look on her face. When she saw that Trenton noticed her, Florence disappeared back into the nursery.

[ The kennel consumed x1 squirrel + x1 mouse ]
[ The kennel consumed x1 cobweb for Dayton's bleeding ]
[ Essex went herb hunting ]
[ Trenton went on a border patrol ]
[ Dayton, Chelsea, Orlando, Victoria and Aspen went hunting ]

essex finds elder leaves, deadly nightshade, & ragwort leaves.
while patrolling trenton finds a dog!
dayton, chelsea, orlando, victoria & aspen catch three mice & two squirrels thanks to the great weather!

FangofBloodclan wrote:
Number of Dogs: Female: 3 Male: 4
Stars meeting: June 16th

Whats your name pup?" Blade growled at the small boxer that had just arrived. He didn't respond he just whimpered, Shadow stood in front of him.
"Blade, he's just a pup no need to be rude."
Blade narrowed his eyes at her, and stared again at the small dog.
"Whats your name dear?" Shadow said calmly.
"Spike."
"What a lovely name. How old are you?"
Spike glanced around as if he'd hadn't got a clue.
"He looks about, 6 moons." Blade announced, he looked up and around. "Rouge!" he shouted and within a matter of seconds Rouge appeared.
"Yes?"
"You will mentor Spike, and teach him all the valuable skills he may need."
Rouge nodded, "Yes Blade, I will take him out now."
"Good, don't disappoint me Rouge."
Rouge nodded and left Spike standing close to her side.
Shadow watched them leave before turning back to Blade. "The pups are coming soon, I'm guessing."
Blade looked down affectionately at Shadows swollen belly. "I hope they are all strong brave pups like me."
Shadow let out a small laugh "Me too." she looked around and saw Hunter leave his den."You know I think Hunter is going out to look for herbs. I'll be right back." she left before Blade could reply, he didn't go after her instead he left camp.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Hey Hunter." Shadow said.
"Oh, hello Shadow. Your not sick are you?" he said quickly.
Shadow shook her head. "No, of course not. I just wanted to accompany you on herb hunting that's all."
"Really?"
"Sure why not."
"Um, ok then let's get going." Hunter added before trotting off into the woods Shadow following slowly behind.
Angie was sitting near the camp entrance staring off into space, as usual. She jumped when she heard a voice.
"Hey Angie."
"You scared me Thunder!" Angie said, in her small voice.
"Sorry. What are you doing?" Thunder asked cocking his head to the side.
"Nothing, just watching the trees."
"Watching the trees?"
"Yes it's quite fun." Angie said with a smile.
"Ok then. Want to go hunting?"
Angie stood up up and shook her fur. "Sure!"
Thunder smiled and wagged his tail. "Great let's go!"

[The kennel consumes 1 vole]
[Hunter goes herb hunting Shadow follows along]
[Rouge trains Spike how to hunt]
[Thunder and Angie go hunting]
[Blade goes on a patrol]

hunter finds yarrow & stinging nettle / shadow points out some cobweb!
spike learns the hunting move!
thunder and angie catch a small bird and a snake!
blade finds a dog!

Wolfy858 wrote:
Number of Dogs: 6 | Brutes: 5| Faes: 1

Watching from his den, Aland inspects the sight below him, his pack, a twinge of happiness flows through his veins as he leaps down to take Bear and Pandora on another patrol, perhaps he might find a mate or beta. Remi trots over to Baylin with a wolfy grin, Baylin, ya wanna join me on another hunt? A quick nod is what is received from a sleepy looking Baylin, wishing Atlas luck they walk into the area decided to hunt in.

{Pack eat 2 servings}
{Aland takes Bear and Pandora on patrol}
{Remi and Baylin go on a hunt patrol}
{Atlas goes Herb Hunting

while on patrol aland, bear and pandora find a dog!
remi and baylin catch one large bird!
atlast finds raspberry leaf and sorrel
[ your prey storage also shouldn't have neither deer nor hog as your kennel hasn't caught either! ]
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me