goobies: eternal night | continue the story... (closed)

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

goobies: eternal night | continue the story... (closed)

Postby castiiian » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:02 pm

main thread | event thread | discord

continue the story...
        each day, a new piece of the story will be revealed, you'll have a chance to react to it and make a choice.

responses to the story may be art or writing, or even both, but you'll suffer drowsiness!
        you may choose to skip supplying a response and just make a choice, but you won't earn coins.

you're not required to link to the goobies you're using, as they're already logged in the archive.
        each goob can make a separate choice, and you'll be able to include a response for them as well!

the post below contains the story so far, be sure you're responding to the correct day!

rewards
        art:
          uncolored — 1 coin
          colored — 3 coins
          rendered/background — 5 coins
        writing:
          1 coin for 1-100 words
          3 coins for 300~ words
          5 coins for 500~ words
        including both art + writing:
          if one goob: inflicts 5 drowsiness
          if multiple goobies: inflicts 25 drowsiness per goob
          inflicts 50 drowsiness instead if done multiple days in succession!
          (what is drowsiness?)

notes
      • booth rollover: 11:59 pm est
      • you may only post when the booth is open.
      • only awake goobies can be used for this booth. check the status of your team here!
      • you may discuss, plot, and theorize with others freely!
      • please don't ask questions or discuss on this thread.

got to stay awake...!
        please copy and paste the bottom half of the form if multiple goobies are responding!
        Code: Select all
        username:
        day:

goob:
        choice:
        response:
Last edited by castiiian on Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:09 pm, edited 11 times in total.
castiiian
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

goobies: eternal night | (read the story)

Postby castiiian » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:03 pm

DAY 1
      ──────────────────────────────────────────────

the sun is out, and it is yet another beautiful day under the gobbess’ reign. the day’s heat stretches, reminding you that winter is not forever...

and the snow of goomas has melted.

previously, the black tar-like goo that had been scattered across the ground since goo-o-ween was too thick and dry to efficiently move and clump together... but now it has been watered down.

the black goo has been inching closer and closer together throughout the thaw, and now it has finally accumulated into a towering mass. the dark figure looms in the background, somehow always in the distance, somehow always untouchable.

while you seem safe, far away from the creature’s reach... it seems the sky is not spared from the same fate. one moment, the black goo culmination is clearly separated from the sky, the next second, you are unable to tell when the being ends and the pitch black sky begins.

you do not realize when the sun was cast out.

you’re too busy looking around, worried for your fellow goobies and goos. you watch as the agels grow tired, fighting yawns despite their fear... and then eventually succumbing to their sudden drowsiness, the heaviness of their bodies causing them to collapse and fall into a deep sleep.

WELCOME TO ETERNAL NIGHT.

DAY 1 CHOICES:

1. run away!
      your safest course of action... but what about all those friends you're leaving behind?

2. try to save someone and run away!
      mostly safe... grab the closest goob and run away, hopefully you'll still be quick enough to escape.

3. save someone!
      uncertain outcome... either you'll save someone, or you'll fall asleep yourself.

DAY 2

it seems goobkind is all too quickly plunged into chaos.

in the maddening darkness that follows, some flee and some do their best to help others... either way, the diabs soon discover that the night does not spare them.

though they thought themselves immune, some collapse alongside their brethren, dozing blissfully, unaware of the panic around that only grows.

but you are aware. you are still awake.

you follow after the crowd, your goo sore from running so hard. you don't recognize your surroundings very well at first, but soon you find yourself somewhere familiar.

you're not sure who's idea it was to come here, but it strikes you now as brilliant idea. you've arrived at the home of the local scientists, bram and rune. you remember the last time you came here, hoping to communicate with a dead gob.

you don't even have time to knock on the door, it swings open in a hurry, and you're guided in by other goobies, just as eager to escape the black sky.

bram hands you a tea. it smells soothing, and feels pleasantly warm. rune adjusts his glasses, before speaking. "...wonderful timing. you'll be able to help us solve this mess." "does this mean i don't have to be the lab rat?" "oh? worried you'll be the only one doing something dangerous, dear? luck would have it, i've just the thing in mind for our friends..."

you have been tasked with gathering ingredients and observing the specimen.

"you can use these maps so you don't get lost! jystyr made them, so don't lose them, okay?" "you're looking for guidelines for observing the creature? unfortunately, i keep my nose out of dangerous activities. ah, maybe that's suitable advice. don't get too close to it, yes?"

with what you're doing squared away, rune turns to inspect you more closely. in fact, he inspects all the goobies who have gathered in the small home. he uses a pair of forceps to carefully collect samples of black tar off of unsuspecting hosts, and piles it together in a glass vial.

he swirls the matte substance a little before eyeing it a final time and offering it to bram. "bottoms up and sleep well." bram takes the glass vial and looks uncertain for a split second, to which rune surprisingly comforts him, "...of course i'll wake you up first."

bram drinks the black goo (he comments that it tastes like licorice that's gone off), and then curls up soon after, sleeping with a light snore.

you're about to say something to the remaining scientist, but he cuts you off. "hurry up, will you? we've got dreams to shatter."

DAY 2 CHOICES:

free form choice!
      share your feelings, ask a question, or describe your surroundings, for example!

DAY 3

the following day, you return to the remaining scientist with your findings. he poorly disguises his disappointment.

"that's it?" he thinks for a moment before waving his hand dismissively. "fine. i need more time to iron out my thoughts anyhow. before you get back to work, listen to my theories and tell me which one you think is more likely... alright?"

(wondering what your sleeping friends are up to?)

DAY 3 CHOICES:

1. ingredients can be used to awaken goobies
      it's more important to focus on curing our friends!

2. ingredients can be used to help the specimen
      we must solve the mystery of the creature first!

DAY 4

"hm... overwhelmingly, you want to wake up your friends. i understand, i do want to wake up bram... but i believe that the creature might be what remains of jystyr, as well." rune looks stressed. he adjusts his glasses before leaning against his work table, the top littered with notes. "well, i've thought through my theories some more, and i believe a mix of the both might be right..."

"my guess is that the amalgamation is likely missing something to pull itself together. perhaps the ingredients will help it somehow, and whatever it refuses to use will cause our friends to somehow awaken... after all, the opposite of sleep is waking, right? hmmmm... as much as i dislike her, maybe if we awaken the gobbess... ah, nevermind that idea. i'd rather not deal with her."

there's a loud noise outside, and a moment later black goo slaps the window. rune jumps in surprise, and quickly files his notes cleanly before looking at you pointedly. "i believe... that's him. you may want to run out the back door." he does not wait for you to react before moving to the door. it rattles loudly, and black goo begins to seep from the bottom.

rune is about to answer the door.

DAY 4 CHOICES:

1. stay!
      you can't abandon rune, he has guided you so much!

2. run away!
      you must survive, or else you won't be able to help anyone else!

DAY 5

the smartest goobies flee, but the bravest stay.

rune answers the door, the old hinges creaking open to reveal the black culmination outside. there’s a moment of stillness, silence deep enough you can only hear your goo swimming anxiously. you stare at the shapeless creature, and find it opposite of a mirror. instead of your own appearance being reflected back at you, like a typical goo surface, there is nothingness. it was a perfect pitch black abyss, threatening to swallow you up.

the scientist steps back as the specimen enters, a pool of black goo starting to flood the floor from its melting body. the tar soon reaches to your ankles, entrapping you like quicksand.

"that’s enough— don’t come any closer." rune keeps his voice steady, standing up straight despite the weight of the clinging goo. the monster obeys, staying at the door frame, taking up the entire opening. "…pick yourself up off the floor. you’re making an awful mess." the scientist speaks with a little hesitation, though he tries to sound convicted. he watches curiously as some of the black goo is reabsorbed by the creature, and though much of it is still on the floor, it feels a little easier to breathe.

the way the goo monster listens revitalizes rune’s spirits. he is entirely sure of himself now as he narrows his eyebrows, and begins to scold the dark mass. "this is quite enough, jystyr. you must awaken those you’ve put to sleep and turn the sky back to normal."

the creature does not reply. it just stares for a long moment, and then you watch the goo of its body twist and mold into many different shapes for a few minutes. each time, it struggles to keep itself together for more than a couple of seconds, melting again insistently, the gloss of its goo never returning.

"…jystyr? i know you can hear me." rune’s face knits with worry as he takes a small step forward, before freezing up again. he sees… a strange color of different goo swimming around in the black void. strange. "spit that out… and talk to me, please jyst."

the shapeless amalgamation spits out a mass of goo, which quickly reshapes itself into a proper goob after standing up from the ground. you recognize it as one of the goobies who was observing with you. huh. so that’s where bubs went.

rune looks a mix of curious and disgusted for a moment before focusing back on the matte gob. "okaaaay. that’s fine… that’s a good start… now, tell us how to help you, please."

’forgotten what i am.’

it does not speak like a normal goob does. instead, you hear it from deep within your core.

DAY 5 CHOICES:

free form replies!
      you must help the gob remember who he is somehow!

DAY 6

the gob looks upon the goobies, his gaze widening as he takes it all in. their sincerity and kindness is heartwarming, and he can't help but shed tears. he's touched, but also disappointed in himself. despite how they've tried to help him, he still cannot remember who he is. he knows, however, who he used to be now, and this is some small comfort. he was important to them, and he was kind to them. knowing this, he cannot let things be as they are.

stepping outside, he begins to channel his energy together, the dark sky easing up and the long eclipse finally ending. with a single show of power, goobkind began to awake. the drowsiness disappeared, and even those who had been sleeping since the very beginning were now starting to wake.

the gobbess would likely be awaking soon, but for now, there is a moment to say a few things.

the melting gob looks upon the once sleeping goobies, and bows his head apologetically. he's sorry for causing so much trouble, and he hopes to make it up to them. he decides he'll do so now, before things fully settle back into place. he looks at you, and you know exactly what he means to say, without ever exchanging words.

DAY 6 CHOICES:

offer ingredients to the gob!
      he'll turn the things you gathered into items.

DAY 7

the dark mass takes what he's offered without a word, absorbing it into his matte goo and spitting it out, transforming it into something entirely new. he returns everything given to him faithfully, but as he takes in more and more, he starts to grow... unsatisfied. it's a familiar sense, one from deep within his ancient goo. and as the goobies moved away, satisfied with their new items, an eerie silence began to stretch as the gob stared at them, almost hungrily.

bram and rune traded glances both attempting a comforting gesture to ease the tension. the gobbess, still waking and mostly unaware, finally stood up. she approached with the most regal steps she could manage and stood before the dripping, monstrous pile of black goo. "j... jystyr? what has happened to you? why did you... how did you... die?" the gobbess asks him, unable to hide the fear from her voice. she had never seen this before- never seen goo die.

if the gob responds, you are unable to hear it. "you didn't recover... so i assume you didn't eat what we left behind. why?" still, no response. the gob steps closer to her, his appearance still melting, still continuously falling apart despite how he tries to keep himself together. she doesn't move away, oblivious to the danger and ignoring the black splatters that fall on her.

the gobbess looks frustrated, or angry, maybe. "don't tell me you value those thoughtless creatures more than yourself. you are a gob. the gob! the other half of me. we split to better survive, and we left behind goo in each place we visited so this wouldn't happen- you were supposed to eat them and heal yourself-" her face twists in an ugly way as she scolds him, disgusted that he'd spare even the lowest lifeforms they made, the ones without mission and thought, their only purpose to be eaten.

the gob steps closer, and he stops holding himself together quite so well, the matte goo like tar as it pooled around the gobbess's feet. she tried to move away, tried to unstick herself with a fluttering of her translucent wings. "what are you doing? this is disgusting- pull yourself together, or better yet- i should send you away again, maybe this time you won't be able to pull your scraps together."

in the background, rune and bram are appalled by this exchange, and the new information. more goo creatures were out there, likely on different planets, just like the goobles were... and they were just sitting there, waiting to be useful... waiting to be eaten. the two of them were also, of course, horrified with the way the gobbess spoke to jystyr. it had taken him so long to return to them, and for a long time, they weren't sure he'd ever come back. rune was going to say something, but bram silences him with a tug of his sleeve.

shockingly, the gobbess starts to sink into the matte goo on the ground, and the goo monster leans over her, staring down at the leader of agels. normally, goos speak by vibrating their membrane to create noises, but instead, the gob somehow echoes through the goo of each goob. the way he speaks is primordial, showing his lingering power of the goobies he'd long since set free, and his voice is a chorus voices that are not his own.

'we have done too many cruelties and left them unanswered. for too long we lived without consequence... i have paid my toll. now you must pay yours.'

with that said, he suddenly turned stopped holding himself together all together and splashed onto the gobbess. she vanished under the black goo, cloaked by the liquid shadow, and only continued to sink until there was only a dark puddle left. the gob reformed from that puddle, much quicker than he's ever pulled himself together, and slowly, he took on an goobie form... albeit, not quite right. he was still dripping, and his once starry, shiny black goo was a dull abyss.

the gob looks around him for a moment, looking at the faces of the goobies around him, and then at the pitch black sky above. some of his memories had come back, but they were distant, like a life lived previously. he knew still, despite the haziness, that something was missing from the sky. now that he was somewhat recovered, he was able to fix this. the eclipse was corrected, the sun setting as the moon fully lit up the night sky. then the stars spawned, sparkling and twinkling once again after a long absence.

rune and bram once again look at each other, and this time they can smile easily, at ease now that the stars and moon have returned. they still don't know what will become of goobkind now, but there is no greater sign of hope than the glistening stars. there's still many questions to be answered, like what became of the gobbess or if jystyr's memories will fully return, but whatever happens next, at least the gob has come back.

DAY 7 CHOICES:

free form!
      final chance to earn coins for art/writing submissions.
Last edited by castiiian on Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.
castiiian
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: goobies: eternal night | continue the story... (day 1)

Postby AliMonHun » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:49 pm

username: AliMonHun
day: 1

goob: Alistaire
choice: 2
response:

Alistaire isn't one to run away in the face of danger! He stands bravely before the towering, ever shifting mass of inky black, and while he can feel how tense his wings are... he refuses to back down. There is familiarity in this shadowy mass, as though a figure seen through frosted glass... he'd noticed it then too, ever pulling itself back together, having frozen over during the Goomas festivities. His ear twitches as he watches the lumbering goo pile, before his instincts are making alarm bells ring in his mind. He grabs Seraph and tugs on the goob's paw, wide silvery white eyes locked onto the creature as it swallows the sun and sky, leaving nothing but blackest night stretching into oblivion. "We have to get out of here, now." Despite standing his ground his voice shakes, and Seraph immediately understands the gravity of the situation. But the dozing agels all around... what about them? He falters for a moment, looking back at Feng Shi and Aeon, who appear to be in a deep, peaceful slumber. He shakes his head from side to side, tugging on Seraph's paw once more. There's no time left, he can't save them all.

He squeezes his eyes shut tight before bolting, no longer able to withstand the overwhelming presence of the creature behind them, stretching towards the darkness of the sky...
ali | nonbinary (they/he) | adult | est | video games | art | music
roleplayer | artist | writer | fulltime moderator and artist for goobies!
[center]
AliMonHun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:57 pm

username: nio

goob: cass
    response:

goob: neo
    choice: 1
    response:
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

semi-hiatus! focusing on bettering my health ^o^
nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:15 pm

username: Griff

goob: Grim
choice: Try to save someone and run away!
response:

It had been a normal day just like any other for the newly formed SPOOKI crew. Chase was taking a moment to grin widely and ruffle Grim's hair out of place. "Did you see the look on that Gremlin's face? You sure outsmarted him Grim! And Sunny! Don't think I did not see how you got that goobie out to safety while the baddies were distracted?" Grim had a soft blush enter his cheeks, as he tried to wiggle out of the much taller goobie's grasp.

"Well you were the one who helped come up with the plan at all! We... we make a good team yeah?" Grim smiled lightly, for the first time in a long time feeling confident. This was the right way. He had found good friends, he was helping goobies, and he was discovering more about the world than he had ever thought possible. He was proud, content... happy. He looked up at both of his friends, wondering for a moment how he had become so lucky.

"Yeah," Chase agreed, both of his tails swishing behind him. He too seemed idly, content, even as he switched to leaning against Grim like an annoying older brother might do. "We are. Huh, not only do you make a good teammate and friend but you also make a comfortable pillow! I could get comfortable here!"

"H-hey! Shouldn't you use Sunny instead? She's got way more fur so I bet she is much softer and fluffier!"

"Oh way to throw me under the bus," Sunny replied, sticking out her tongue as she walked over to join in leaning on Grim. "Oh he's right, you ARE comfortable. Much more so than I would be!" She laughed, and Chase joined in, as Grim just sighed before laughing as well.

"Maybe I get it from my Daddy. I mean he is Demigob of Beasts! I reckon that makes me-"

"You're awesome Mister and don't let anyone -yaaaawn- tell you otherwise. Wait... when did it get dark?" Chase gave another yawn as he asked this, and all three companions looked up.

"There's no... there's no light. No sun. What is- Chase?" Grim felt alarm run through him, as Chase became deadweight against him. Those yawns had turned into a chilling stillness. "CHASE! Are you okay? Speak to me!" And then he heard another yawn. "...Sunny?" he asked, the heavy feeling in his chest growing.

"...I can't... I am sorry Grim. I..." But whatever she was going to say, whatever she was going to try to explain, it was lost as she too became deadweight. Startled, his ears pressing backwards, found himself suddenly pinned to the ground. Heart racing in his chest now he wiggled himself free, to examine both of his friends. He could hear it now, the sound of their breath. They... were sleeping? Taking a moment to adjust to the sudden darkness, he relied upon his ears a moment. The sound of sleeping filled the air... as well as panicking goobies. Diabs.

Footsteps now as many took to running. The heavy thuds of agels falling left and right. Not dead no, asleep. Grim's heart raced. What could he do? He was but one diab! Was something coming? Would his friends be... no. He could not leave them here unprotected. Gritting his teeth, he summoned the strength he carried inside, the one he inherited from his Daddy. "Please, Daddy, Monteclaire Demigob of the Beasts, grant me the strength to help my friends..." And so he set to work, focusing his efforts to try and move his fallen companions. First Sunny since she was lighter, and then Chase. But they were his friends, and he would not be leaving any of them behind. (619)

goob: Davey Jones
choice: Save someone!
response:

Davey Jones found himself peering upwards through the dark depths he called home, pensive. When one had been alive as long as he had, you learned to see the smallest differences in the colors, the currents, the feels of the depths. Something was... different. And not just different. No, something was wrong. He found himself sighing, pondering how far up the problem went when he found a panicked visitor arrive at his door. Wait, visitor? He never got visitors.

"...What in the POSSIBLE shells could you want with me?" he asked as he rounded the corner to the entrance of his home, only to be stopped in his tracks. "Queen Lyomerty?" he asked for a moment dumbfounded. He would recognize those stripes anywhere! The Queen swam closer to him, and as she entered a slightly better lighting Davey Jones could now see there were tears streaking down her eyes. In her arms she held one of her beloved guards, the one known to all in Atlantica as The Knight of Sharks. Looming behind them both was her twin brother, The Knight of Coral. He too had tears.

"There's no blood.. she looks like she's jus' sleepin'..." He remarks, still confused even as he gestured for the pair to follow him inside. "Now, what happened?"

"We were all seeing a very important ambassador and she simply fell asleep, right in her spot! Thankfully her brother caught her but-"

"Ya sure she wasn' jus' bored to sleep?" Davey asked, incredulous. "This 'ardly seems like an emergency. I me-"

"It... was not just her," The Knight of Coral spoke up. "Any of those who had found us during goofish, the agels who came to us to learn more... they all collapsed as well. Besides... I know her. This was not natural..." Davey Jones crossed his arms a moment, considering.

"Ya ever think this might be a sign an'-"

"A sign for what?!?" The Knight of Coral suddenly spoke, his tone sharp. He swam right up towards Davey Jones glaring. "Do NOT even say it. I've heard enough of the whispers... talk of maybe the agels deserve it. Maybe its time for the diabs to take back the world. Maybe they should all sleep. WE'RE ALL GOOBIES! I mean look at her! She's usually so full of life and fight and now... and now..." Davey Jones glanced at the sleeping guard again, sighing out.

"One good 'un does NOT a whole make-"

"...I know they have hurt you Davey Jones. I... we can all see the scars they inflicted when you did walk amongst them. But please... you're the only one of us who can see what is happening. You're the only one who can help. I want her back. I want all of them back. You're the strongest, smartest... and I also know you are the kindest of us all down here." Davey Jones gave a soft growl.

"Dun' say that again an' I'll consider. But if I see it's outta my league, I'm leavin.' I got no reason to sacrifice myself for that lot of-"

"Thank you..." The queen spoke, to which Davey sighed as he started to make his way towards the surface.

"Don' thank me yet! Jus'... keep her safe and restin.' Be right back." There was a bonus to being a Minor Gob. The oceans were his to command, to persuade. He could navigate them swiftly, the currents his allies. His own glow lit the way, but even as he got closer to the surface he could see that the darkness was not lessening. Huh. That was strange. And then as he finally broke the surface, he could see why. His eyes widened a slight, as he beheld the darkness, the sleeping agels, the panicking diabs. The ones who were running had the right idea, he felt. He could help them. He could bring them to safety in the depths, where they could never be afraid again. He was powerful enough to turn the tides as they all say.

He looked at the fallen agels. Who needed agels anywways? His eyes closed a moment. He remembered what so many forgot. He remembered how the agels had treated them, in older times. He had born their hatred before, their daggers, magic, and arrows. Why should he help them? His gaze trailed over towards diabs who were crying over their fallen companions, one helping two of them up. He sighed out.

Times had changed. Cursing under his breath, he began to summon bubbles. Bubbles that if he was successful would help move those who had fallen and could be gently guided by their companions. If they had no companions, he would use his tentacles to herd them to safety. Maybe it was so dark nobody would even notice he was here. (800)
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goodrage » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:29 pm

username: goodrage

goob: Inori
response:

"No, I must go."
The land is shrouded in eternal darkness, and she watched the Agels drop asleep one by one. Sai and Wilma... they don't believe my words about Maxrage, and this serves them right! Inori's thought flashed by before disappearing.

Inori was supposed to be expecting this! I knew it, it should be Maxrage! He comes to kick the gobbess out! she wanted to think. But no, Inori's fear quickly surpassed her faith. That black moving blob of something was not what Maxrage would create...

Inori has read accounts of Maxrage devastating her homeland Rapyuta, how the moon turned into blood and dripped, how the sea was an endless black void and the sky blinding crimson, not the other way around. Here it was just all dark. And black. She remembered cuddling with her siblings Zeta and Moe as the royal teachers read this story to her, and how Ino the youngest sibling was the only one brave enough to stand up and shout "I love that!"

Now, faced with this catastrophe... Inori isn't so sure anymore.
But there was nobody she cared about here, right? Moe was already safe, in Rapyuta... Moe didn't come to the goobie world for this goovolution, and Inori realized that was the safest outcome. What about her older brother Zeta who did come? Inori glanced around and didn't catch a glimpse of him. Maybe he's already safe.

There, there. Nothing to worry about. Inori took off as fast as she could, her hair billowing in the wind, her paws not resting for one bit. She felt her necklace with the crest of Rapyuta - the crest of Maxrage - beating against her chest. Save me, Maxrage, she muttered to herself again and again, not turning back to watch. Looking back consumes both time and sanity.
[303 words]

goob: Zeta
response:

Zeta was in the other direction, taking a walk with Wilma (another goobie from Rapyuta). His up-to-nothing-good little sister Inori must be looking for Maxrage elsewhere... that girl has such a weird obssession.

"It's pretty nice up here, isn't it?" Wilma hopped up to him (they're a bunny goob so they can hop). "I mean, it's... dark and peaceful and... wahhh what happened to them?" Wilma suddenly jumped as high as the sky - and the skies are really high!

Zeta, puzzled, looked in the direction Wilma pointed. There was the agel he just talked to this morning. He remembered her pale lilac fur, her blue halo and wings... she looked like a fairy. He forgot what her name was, Silva or Sapphire or something. And judging from Wilma's words, they didn't remember it either. The Agel was fighting something, her paws clawing at the sky, though her eyes were closed. Was she trapped in a nightmare? Zeta and Wilma quickly approached her.

"Hey, are you...ok?" Wilma patted the Agel's back, but as soon as they touched her she fell, flopped to the ground, and started twitching hysterically.

"Oh no she - you -" Zeta nearly screamed.

"No, she's alive, she'll wake up..." Wilma pawed at the agel and looked up. "Look-"

Zeta also looked up.

The sky and earth were melting into one, all dripping into black tar. A huge pillar - was it hate? was it poison? was it just a giant goo? was forming at the horizon. And it was growing.

"No," Zeta muttered under his breath the name of the one he didn't make sure was safe. "Inori."

The ground underneath them was shaking, the earth cracking, and black tar was quick to fill the cracks.

"Wilma!" Zeta turned around to his friend. Their eyelids are half-shut, and they wobbled while trying to run. "No, no, no," Zeta ran, but Wilma was lagging behind, they didn't see another figure rising behind them.

"RUN!"
Zeta couldn't believe it.
It was that fallen goob, that Agel, doing everything, her eyes closed, her head shaking, to get up on her feet, raise her paws, and push Wilma towards him.
Wilma traced a perfect parabola and landed right in front of Zeta. While the goob who pushed them fell... and never got up.

"WILMA!"
Zeta wanted to shout the unknown savior's name, but he couldn't.
Zeta saw more shapes running beside him, some frantic, some dragging something behind, some looking back. They all had glimmering goo tails and horns. Whatever that thing is, it seems to be affecting all the Agels, while the diabs are all fine. He saw a small maroon figure with white hair way ahead of him. Inori... the sight of his sister being fine calmed him down.

It was too late to save anyone else, and now even Wilma was falling asleep. But that goob pushed Wilma towards him, which means she wanted him to...

Zeta bit onto Wilma's tail and began dragging them away.

He kept his eyes on the shape in front of him.
Inori... don't wait, I'll come to you.
[517 words]
Goodrage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caeleesi » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:05 pm

username: Caeleesi

goob: Kreios
response: [171]
Kreios peers up at the darkening sky in curiosity and a bit of worry. He could recall only one Gob with such powers, but if he remembered correctly... wasn't that Gob gone? He shook his head and a small yawn escaped him- which was weird because he had been full of energy shortly before. Looking back down from the sky he was startled, eyes widening as all the agels started dropping to the ground in full-on doze mode. Kreios isn't sure what to do, but noting that some diabs are attempting to help the agels, he decides to follow suit... surely he can save one of them, right? For all he knows, they could use the help in the future.
He rushes over to the closest agel and tries to pull them over his back, making sure they are as secure as possible before turning away from the encroaching darkness and doing his very best to start running away from it, a little bit of fear dancing around in his eyes.

goob: Dango
choice: 3
response: [186]
Dango sits right in the middle of the gathering of goobies, ready and waiting to listen to the Gobbess if she were to speak, but finds himself worrying slightly as he notes the sky beginning to darken.. was it going to rain, so suddenly? That would be quite unusual for it to happen so quickly. He stands up and turns to survey the rest of the area, squinting as the last of the light fades away... and just like that, he watches as all of the agels around him start dropping, the eternal night creeping over them. He jumps into action immediately, dashing forward and seeing if he can rouse an agel from their slumber. He gently rocked them to see if there was any response - if he could wake up an agel, maybe they could start waking up other agels and they could eventually all make it out... If it was looking like nothing was happening though, he wasn't sure what he was going to do. He hadn't thought any further ahead and had only intended to try and help as many goobies as possible.
Local Skeleton Queen
DA || || TH || ©
ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ ᴄᴏᴍᴇꜱ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴅᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ
©
ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴏᴜꜱʟʏ ᴠʀɪꜱᴋᴇʙᴀʙ ʙ)
Caeleesi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bakuraas. » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:38 am

username: bakuraas.

goob: Acryl
choice: 2. try to save someone and run away!
response: [522 words]

"Come on Waktos! This isn't funny, please!" Acryl shook at Waktos, and when that didn't work he roughly pulled at one of his wings, trying to get him to wake up out of pain, but still that didn't work. Waktos let out a small breath, and muttered to himself in his drowsy state. "Father... Hold me please... Father..." That didn't bode well, a distinct sign that Waktos was far enough into slumber to be dreaming, but Acryl was too distracted by the situation at large to really focus on that right away. His head shot up, looking over Waktos' body. "Sibix! Verlo!" He called out, hoping to catch the attention of one of the other goobies that had accompanied the two gobs.

When he caught sight of them, he saw that they had met a similar fate to Waktos. Sibix was curled in on themself, sleeping silently and allowing the chaos to unfold around them. Verlosung was strung out across the ground, snoring loudly enough that nobody questioned for a second that he was only sleeping. "No.... no no no why is it every year something like this happens!" Acryl cried to himself, moving as quick as he could manage. He could cry later.

Acryl was deceptively strong, able to lift Waktos up and haul him over his back. He was sure that Verlosung and Sibix would be fine, but he knew that he wouldn't be able to do this all on his own. He needed his brother's help, he needed him to be there just like he had all the other times. They were supposed to struggle with this together, were supposed to miss their father together, were supposed to cope with the situation together. And Waktos couldn't help Acryl cope if he was trapped in an infinite slumber.

Perhaps it was selfish of him to do this, to save him from his dreams. He was at peace right now, he was happy right now. He hadn't been happy for a long time, and waking him up would just make him return to the hateful and harmful reality that was overtaking them. He'd probably panic seeing the sky, he'd probably start crying, but Acryl couldn't let him have that peace. He couldn't face this on his own. He didn't want to try to face this on his own. He knew that Waktos would forgive him, they always forgave each other. Especially at this time of year.

He ran as fast as he could from the pile of sleeping agels. He could've tried to grab the others, but he didn't want to take the chance. If he fell asleep too... who knows what might happen? Part of him was tempted by the idea of falling into a peaceful sleep, but he knew better. He needed to stay awake and try to wake Waktos up when he felt safe enough to do so.

He missed when these things were just pure fun, festivals that celebrated each other and caused joy. Now all it ever did was hurt people, scare people. As if the agels needed any more pain and inner turmoil this year...
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saeli » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:30 am

username: Saeli

goob: Felicity
choice: 3
response: [430 words]
Felicity paused outside of Naomi's massive, moving, steam castle. She put a paw to her head gently massaging a temple to try and subside the droning noise she'd been hearing all day. Naomi's home wasn't really a castle, it was mostly just another one of her steam powered inventions large enough to house the massive goobie and everything she needed to work on her inventions comfortably. Felicity always thought the moving building looking out of place when Naomi decided to station it in the woods.

Stretching her legs after her long walk, Felicity prepared to take her first step onto the long staircase leading to the entrance. Just before her paw hit the ground Felicity collapsed with a stabbing pain in her head. The droning noise rose to an excruciating volume as she covered her ears in an attempt to drown out the noise.

~~~

The psychic goobie had known something horrible was going to happen. When Felicity had awoken this morning she had a horrible feeling. It was hard to explain to her mother since usually her powers also manifested a vision. All she knew was something awful was coming. Her mother had grimly nodded her head and left to consult her partners. That was when Felicity had been tasked with visiting Naomi to pick up the gift they had gotten for a family friend. On her journey to the castle, Felicity began hearing a low hum, which soon grew into a drone. She also could tell that every part of her being felt off.

~~~

Through Felicity's shut eyes, she could tell the afternoon light was beginning to fade rapidly. Suddenly the droning noise turned back into the hum she had first heard. Cautiously she opened her eyes to see the world covered in blackness. The only lights around her were coming from Naomi's home. Realizing this must have been what her powers were warning her about, Felicity sprinted into the castle. She had to shove the door open, something was clearly blocking it.

Upon finally getting the door open Felicity was shocked to see what looked like Naomi's tail blocking the door. The giant goobie had seemingly collapsed while she was tinkering at one of her workbenches. Felicity hurriedly checked to see if Naomi was hurt in anyway, and was pleased to find that she just seemed to be sleeping. A weirdly inexplicable sleep that Felicity was having trouble waking her up from by any normal means. As a last resort, Felicity laid against Naomi and closed her eyes as she attempted to make a psychic connection to her.

goob: Tanzi
response: [297 words]

Tanzi had decided to visit the town near her manor today. Her butler had offered to go in her stead, but Tanzi thought the fresh air would do her good. It had. Tanzi had enjoyed the walk so much, she decided to stop in a cafe to grab a small lunch before running the errands she came to complete. It was during this lunch that the commotion started.

Another goobie who was enjoying their coffee in a window seat shouted, "What's that!?" Everyone turned to look. Tanzi noticed the darkening sky briefly, what was going on in the town through the glass caught her eye. Some of the goobies were beginning to.. fall asleep? She watched as some agels started to fall asleep in pairs, including those in the cafe, as diabs began crouching next to their friends trying to wake them up, as some began carrying their friends to safety, or in some cases running away from their friends for their own good.

Tanzi bared her fangs and let out a slight hiss. Cowards. She thought as she watched more goobies abandoning the fallen agels. Then, through the chaos she saw a tiny white agel goobie struggling to stay awake as she ran for the cafe. Tanzi watched as this goobie slowed down in the middle of the street and soon succumbed to the drowziness that was affecting everyone. Worried that the small goobie might get trampled, Tanzi rushed out of the cafe to save her.

As Tanzi reached the small, fox like form, she could see some gray beginning to show her coat. Tanzi could also tell that Blizzard was in fact small enough for her to carry. Hoisting Blizzard onto her back, Tanzi ran back to the cafe to get away from the darkness.
Saeli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imabanditø » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:05 am

username: imabanditø

goob: pitre
response:
    pitre stared at the void-like sky in disgust and disappointment. he was not having any of this, no matter the circumstance — why can’t goovolution be normal for him, just this once? why can’t everything be calm? why can’t everyone get along? the diab stood motionless in the darkness, as still as a statue. he glanced around at all of the sleeping agels, feeling nothing but sympathy for them. in his eyes, they did nothing wrong. they were all innocent; though he hated to admit it, to him, the gob and gobbess were both at fault for the mess; the distrust; the change.

he thought back to goovolutions of years past; the tension, the heartbreak, the impending sense of danger. he remembered the losses he experienced. the fights. the uncertainty. though he wished for them to go away, all the memories flooded back to him. pitre wanted it to be over. he didn’t want to be here anymore; he didn’t want to think.

so, he ran. all he could see was the dark surrounding him; all he could hear were the screams of panicked goobies unsure of what their next move would be. to be honest, the diab himself didn’t have any plans, either - just, run. run away and hope that everything would magically go away like rain clouds floating through the sky. as he moved, all he could think of was the events of the first goovolution; how alone he felt after losing cal as a friend, and how that solitude compared to what he felt now. pitre thought of velle comforting him, causing him to stop in his tracks, nearly losing his balance. they didn’t talk anymore; they hadn’t in a while - and it was all because of what happened during that first goovolution.

after what seemed like ages of crying, pitre stood back up again. he gazed at the sky once more, shaking his head in disapproval, but knowing deep down that he can’t control any of this. at last, he heaved a sigh and took off running again, trying to convince himself that everything would settle down soon enough. [352 words]

goob: neptune
response:
    “sol!” neptune yelled as his agel friend lay asleep on the ground. “solandis? sol? sol?!” each scream got louder and louder, his voice gradually becoming more panicked and shaky as he began to notice the chaos that was happening around him. the diab could barely see anything, and it started to terrify him. “..pathos-?” he called, hoping he was around. all three of them had been together moments prior, but after everything turned dark, the lavender diab was nowhere to be found. all neptune could do was silently stare at solandis, hoping she would eventually decide to wake up. ‘what if she doesn’t?’ he intrusively thought, resorting to the contents of his backpack as an attempt to wake her.

neptune frantically set anything he could pull out directly in front of himself, hoping something would do the trick. the first object: an airhorn. why not try? surely that would work, right? wrong - he blew the horn and received no response. nothing at all. next up was a bundle of balloons, something neptune always seems to have an abundance of on hand. the diab blew one up as big as he could, tying it off at the end when he was done and setting it on the ground. he nervously placed his front paws above the balloon, bracing himself for the noise before stomping on it, causing it to pop. to neptune’s disappointment, the only thing it did was scare him even further; solandis was still fast asleep, and pathos still hadn’t made his way back to them yet. he couldn’t have gone far, right? surely he couldn’t have.

as tears began forming, the diab looked around, trying to see anything at this point. he noticed faint outlines of goobies picking up others and running away out of his field of view. ‘perhaps that’d do something.’ neptune was doubtful of his abilities to do the same, but wanted to try regardless. gently putting his backpack over sol’s shoulders, he eventually was able to lift her onto his back. it wouldn’t last long, though, as after struggling to take two steps, he fell flat on the ground, unable to hold his friend’s weight any longer. neptune felt dizzy; he glanced at his now-scarred paws as he tried to catch his breath. the diab tried carrying solandis again and again, all to no success. he felt hopeless, and for a brief moment he even considered leaving her behind.

but, he couldn’t bear to do that. he couldn’t stand to be alone; not after everything they’ve been through together. as neptune rested on the ground, an idea suddenly popped into his head - crawl to safety. slowly but surely, he and sol made their way towards the sounds of alarmed goobies - hopefully he’d find someone — ideally, pathos; his disappearance was beginning to greatly worry neptune, but it was getting to where he would be ecstatic to see anyone, really — to help him out and make sure his friend was safe, as well. all he could do now was hope for the best. [507 words]

goob: atlas
response:
    no words could explain the terror atlas was feeling. he was overwhelmed with the sudden changes to the world; all he could do was observe his surroundings. what was one to do in this situation? what were others doing? atlas turned around, noticing emptiness; hearing goobies, but not seeing them. sleepy agels were all around - why was this happening? why did anyone, of either faction, deserve this?

a gust of wind rushed past the frozen diab, prompting him to jump. then, another, and another. atlas was quickly able to recognize the sound of goobs running past him, some almost colliding with him due to the lack of visibility. should he follow them? where were they even going? his mind spiraled with questions and hypotheticals. he knew that he can’t stay still forever - he had to make a choice. after some contemplation, he figured it would be best for him to run towards the general direction everyone else seemed to be going in. the darkness had to clear up eventually if he ran far enough.

after what felt like forever of running on generally flat terrain, a sudden change in elevation caused atlas to nearly trip and fall. ‘what was that..?’ he thought. it seemed too tall to be a rock, perhaps it was some sort of debris? taking the time to investigate, it quickly became clear that he had tripped on an agel’s tail.. a pretty recognizable tail for atlas, at that.

devon?!” the diab audibly gasped. he was once again motionless, too shocked at reality to do anything but think. only one thing crossed his mind now - he had to take his friend with him. however, atlas was able to barely lift the agel for just a few seconds before needing to set him down again. frustrated, he resorted to the slow and inefficient method of picking devon up, taking as many steps as he could manage, and then putting him down to rest. it was certainly tiring, and most definitely not the best method; it felt like progress was barely being made, and each break became longer and longer as atlas began wearing out. ‘i sure hope the end of the darkness is near,’ atlas thought to himself. ‘hopefully we can get out of this before anything else happens. please..’ [382 words]
— cer/ceri | he/they
th | aroace/agender
my art shop! :D <3
— less active atm —
imabanditø

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me