Goomas '23 Helping Hands Day 2 Open!

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Goomas '23 Helping Hands Day 2 Open!

Postby Griff » Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:43 pm

🎄Helping Hands🎄

🎄Main Page 🎄 Event Page 🎄

There's a part of the world known as Pole, where goobies that embody and embrace the holidays come to live. This time of year it is especially active, as the residents of Spirit's Gathering try to make this a season no goobie or goo can ever forget! And this year, a very large and familiar face is working to make it happen...

🎄Any of my chars can be drawn as anthro, not just feral! Whatever you'd like to do, go for it!
🎄Please remember that your own personal lore can of course be different than what is presented here! But you are more than welcome to incorporate these ideas into your own goobies as well!
🎄 If you do not have a goobie as of yet, you can use one of mine or create your own! Just ask if you need help!
🎄 With this being the holidays, prompts will be lighter for the season! Answers can be as short or as long as youd like, drawn or written! Just remember to have fun!

🎄Form:🎄

Code: Select all
Prompt Day:
Goobie(s) Involved:
If Art, NPC? (Yes/no? If so, who?)
Entry:

🎄 Prizes!🎄

🎄For Participation: 1 t1 trait
🎄Judge's Favorite (Amount chosen a day depending on entries received!): 1 g2 trait or t2 trait
🎄Bonus for drawing NPC: 1 t1 trait
🎄 BONUS: For entries that go above and beyond, a booth exclusive g3/t3 trait will be given out! This is extremely rare!
gootacular trait assignments!! ive included example flavor text as well, tho u dont have to use it!
g3 elemental attribute (the spirit of goomas is within you all!)

🎄References for NPCs🎄

Last edited by Griff on Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Goomas '23 Helping Hands DNP

Postby Griff » Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:01 pm

When one thought of massive goobies, there were a few that came to mind. One could think of Monteclaire, Demigob of Beasts. Or, perhaps, one thought of the Gob or Gobbess. While Spirit was no Gob or Gobbess in size they were close! And yet, in their presence one did not feel fear. Rather, they felt warm things that reminded them of holidays they loved, or perhaps they smelled things instead?

"Hello everyone! My name is Spirit!" Spirit spoke. Their voice seemed to carry a musical sound to it, like jingle bells. But, the exclamation point almost sounded like a fireworks going off! "I... know some of you. And I am glad you all were willing to come here just the same. And to those that are new, welcome!" As he spoke, his skeletal hands signed for those who could not hear. "This place, my home, is called Pole. Here we help keep the spirit of the holidays alive! Goomas is fast approaching and well, I figured you all might want in on the best festivities ever! At least in my humble opinion!" Another goobie came trotted up, nudging Spirit in the side.

"Humble my shiny red nose!" Spirit stuck out their tongue, before proceeding to lean their entire massive frame against Rudolph... who instantly flopped over making both goobies laugh.

"And this is Rudolph!" Rudolph gave a light wave before Spirit continued. "Now then, before any great festivity starts, we'll need decorations! Show me what you've got! Anything goes!" Anything the goobies can want or need to decorate, Spirit and Rudolph can find. The canvas? A massive winter's clearing surrounded by a ring of pine trees and a nearby open barn freshly painted!

How does your goobie introduce themselves? Also, how do they decorate? Anything goes!
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Goomas '23 Helping Hands Day 1 Open!

Postby Caeleesi » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:09 pm

Prompt Day: 1
Goobie(s) Involved: Caliber
If Art, NPC? (Yes/no? If so, who?) n/a
Entry:
Caliber is more eager for this holiday than any that had come become, or would come after - Goomas was his absolutely favourite time of year, as he loved to share his happiness with the world(which often meant many a gift would be given out by his hands.)
Caliber was the type of goobie who would make blankets for the cold, hats for the overheating, and do it all for free! Though he worked primarily as an accessory maker and make his money this way, he had enough knowledge and spare stock to happily share it with those who needed it more.

As he sat down before the large goobie called spirit he perked his ears up, tail swishing behind him as he listened eagerly to the job he was needed for. As far as he know he was going to be helping prepare for a festival - which sounded super exciting to him!

As Spirit and Rudolph conversed with the crowd Caliber found himself looking around at the clearing, already thinking of ways he could improve it...

When they were free to start decorating he rushed off towards the clearing, measuring out the exact sizing, then heading back and gathering all the necessary items he needed to start his work.
After a while of tinkering, sawing, gluing and generally working on his decorations, Caliber revealed many large wooden archways that would lead into and be placed around the area. They were decorated in paint and there were leaves taken from the ground that had been used to add a natural touch to each of them.
He stepped back after placing each of them, admiring his hard work.
Local Skeleton Queen
DA || || TH || ©
ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ ᴄᴏᴍᴇꜱ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴅᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ
©
ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴏᴜꜱʟʏ ᴠʀɪꜱᴋᴇʙᴀʙ ʙ)
Caeleesi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rinsea » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:28 am

Goobie(s) Involved: Lucille / Lu (pink), Novalie (dark purple)
If Art, NPC?: no
Entry:

Goomas is around the corner which is Lucille's favorite holiday. Lu runs to meet her new friends, Spirit and Rudolph, and drags with her a grumpy purple goobie, Novalie. Lu happily introduces herself to Spirit and Rudolph and tries to start conversations with them. They talked about what Christmas decorations they liked, talked about if they had mutual friends coming over for Goomas and many others. While Lu was getting caught up in the conversation, Novalie tried to sneak away but she was immediately caught by Lu as she approached the exit. Lu apologized on behalf of Novalie while Novalie stood behind Lu feeling embarrassed that she was caught. Novalie then did a proper introduction of herself and apologized for trying to leave.

Lu has been waiting for this moment the entire year. She has been collecting Christmas decorations like lights, ornaments, trees, agel statues, anything you can think of! Novalie on the other hand, did not understand the point of celebrating and decorating which explains why she was less than thrilled when Lu asked forced her to help with the Christmas decorations. Though hesitant, Novalie reluctantly agreed because she owes her friend that much. They started with Christmas lights and lanterns, Lu's favorite. They hung it on every surface they could find; they hung it in places that you did not think was possible. Now, the room is not only well-lit but also extra festive thanks to Lu's excessive Christmas light collection.
Rinsea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AliMonHun » Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:37 am

Goobie(s) Involved: Seraph
If Art, NPC? n/a
Entry:

Seraph could hear the laughter and joy as the goobies nearby began decorating the freshly painted barn and the wintery landscape in a brilliant array of colors ; Goomas was his favorite time of year, and he wasn't one to miss out on the festivities! He made his way over to the boxes piled high with various decorations, feathery golden wings soon adorned in garland and beads, a wreath of gold and silver ribbons carried on his snout. With a happy hum, he set to work, wrapping the garland and beads carefully around the tall pine trees.
ali | nonbinary (they/he) | adult | est | video games | art | music
roleplayer | artist | writer | fulltime moderator and artist for goobies!
[center]
AliMonHun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saeli » Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:21 am

Goobie(s) Involved: Snow
If Art, NPC? n/a
Entry:

Snow stood amongst the group of goobies. She loved this time of year. It was perfect weather to curl up in front of the fireplace and read a good book. She was excited to visit the pole this year. It was something Snow had always wanted to do, but she never had the chance until now.

Snow was excited when they were given the chance to show how they all like to decorate for the holidays. Her favorite thing to do was make paper snowflake chains. Snow happily walked towards a craft station so she could begin making them.
Saeli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eevee55 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:50 am

Goobie(s) Involved: Lily and Hope
If Art, NPC? N/A
Entry: After last year's adventure, Lily was eager to help Spirit and Rudolph set up for the festivities this year. Hope wanted to come along to help as well, recalling how the adventure played such an important part in their own growth. So, the two approached the group gathered at Pole, smiling and waving at friends they recognized. The duo listened as Spirit addressed the crowd, giggling quietly when Rudolph interrupted and Spirit stuck out their tongue in response. The atmosphere felt so lively and happy, the two could not help but feel excited. After the speech came to a close, Lily and Hope approached Spirit and Rudolph, greeting them cheerfully.

"It is great to see you both again!" Lily and Hope said in unison, smiling. After talking with them briefly to catch up on things, Lily and Hope set out to start decorating. Deciding to work on decorating some of the pine trees surrounding the clearing, the two gathered as many decorations as they could carry and approached one of the trees. Hope, of course, was drawn to decorations that involved lights, especially ones that looked like stars. Lily, meanwhile, selected some cute ornaments with various winter and holiday themed designs. Snowflakes, snow goobies, candy canes, and plenty more!

Soon the two were happily rushing around a tree, carefully stringing lights around it and placing ornaments on its branches. By the time they were finished, the tree was covered in decorations; it was slightly messy but clearly full of goomas cheer. Lily and Hope gazed up at it with big smiles, then gathered up the remaining decorations to start working on the next tree. They wanted to help make this year's festivities as magical as last year's!
Despite everything,

Image Image Image
Heya, I'm Eevee!
Thank you so much to twinkle! for the adorable avatar!

It's still you.

Eevee55

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbit.tears » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:00 am

Goobie(s) Involved: lee
If Art, NPC? n/a
Entry: lee had no idea how to decorate for the holiday, for she wasn't exactly from this planet. where she came from goomas wasn't celebrated, though there was a holiday there that was similar.

instead, they decide to watch the other goobs work—hanging up lights, decorating trees, making more decorations. lee decides that they wants to hang up some lights, grabbing some from a box and finding a nearby tree who looked ready to be covered. being taller than average made it easier to hang them up, and lee soon found themselves getting right into the goomas spirit!

previously cinnaliz
any pronouns
just chillin' here tbh
toyhouse

sig art by me ^^
ImageImageImage
rabbit.tears

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imabanditø » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:25 am

Goobie(s) Involved: neptune + rudolph, mentions of spirit
If Art, NPC? yes! rudolph
Entry:
neptune eagerly shows his backpack of party supplies and decorations to spirit and rudolph as he introduced himself. “hi, spirit! i’m neptune!! and hi again rudolph!” the diab ecstatically said as he pulled out a bundle of festive balloons and a reindeer headband for himself, alongside a striped peppermint scarf for the three of them.
upon noticing the barn, neptune raced towards it, his backpack still wide open and nearly spilling out over the snow. he motioned rudolph and spirit to follow before pulling out giant inflatable snowgoobies and presents, spools of garland, and a diy kit to make your own fake tree. “i’m ready to decorate!!” he smiled as spirit and rudolph glanced at each other in disbelief of how neptune was able to fit all that in his bag.
— cer/ceri | he/they
th | aroace/agender
my art shop! :D <3
imabanditø

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sadcat » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:49 am

Goobie(s) Involved: Hooves, Veen
If Art, NPC? (Yes, Spirit!)
Entry:
The second Hooves saw Spirit, he ran towards them, tackling them into a hug.
"OH MY GOB! ITS YOU! ITS YOU AGAIN! HELLO!"

Veen was shocked, she had never seen hooves so... comfortable and hyper with another goobie... especially not a hoobie he'd only met once..... its was so.... out of character.....
Sure, he had gotten better over time... hed become more trusting and calm but not to this extent... Hooves was practically jumping up and down with excitement.... why?

He quickly apologized for the tackle....
"oHYEAH sorry um. I dont know if you erm? Remember me? You probably dont, sorru i didnt mean to uh-" His ears pinned to his skull in nervousness, and for just a second, he looked like a little goo again.... just as small as he used to be.... god, when did he get so big?

Veen puts a paw on his shoulder, trying to get him to calm down...
"Hello, my name is Veen. I believe we can help decorate...."
"Oh! Yes!" Hooves takes off his packpack and pulls out... tinsel garland? A... a lot of it... just from... inside the backpack. No roll.
Last edited by Sadcat on Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Previously CatOwU
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sadcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me