Ferox Welsh Ponies | V.3 - Information + Guide

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Ferox Welsh Ponies | V.3 - Information + Guide

Postby paradise, » Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:10 pm

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Welcome to the information hub! Here you can find information about the Ferox Welsh Pony breed, including coat colour rarities, height, common competition disciplines, marking and gene information, and items currently in circulation.

Please do not post on this thread.

Adopt Form for Artists:

Title:
    Code: Select all
    Ferox Welsh Pony #000

Main Form:
    Code: Select all
    [center][quote]Ferox Welsh Ponies ([i]pron. feh-roks[/i]) are a hardy pony that originated in Wales. They have fine heads with slightly dished noses, short, muscular legs and stocky bodies. While small - averaging 12 hands - feroxes make good riding horses and are sure-footed owing to the mountains of their origin country. Ferox Welsh Ponies, their name meaning [i]fierce[/i], are known for their big personalities, including a streak of bravery that seems to run through the entire breed. Feroxes are strong but easily handled, making them ideal for all riders. They are frequently seen in bay, black, chestnut and grey, but many other colors have been recorded to appear in the breed, including appaloosa, paint markings and dilutions like champagne.[/quote][/center]
    [list][size=85][b]Owner:[/b]
    [b]Show Name:[/b]
    [b]Barn Name:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Phenotype:[/b]
    [b]Genotype:[/b]
    [b]Eye Color:[/b]
    [b]Height:[/b]
    [b]Breeding Notes:[/b]

[center]Competition here[/center]
    [code][b]Owner:[/b]
    [b]Show Name:[/b]
    [b]Barn Name:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Height:[/b]
    [b]Halter Color:[/b]
    [b]Prompt:[/b][/code]
    [center][b]End date:[/b][/center][/size][/list]
Last edited by paradise, on Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
paradise,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Information

Postby paradise, » Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:21 pm

Ferox Welsh Ponies (pron. feh-roks) are a hardy pony that originated in Wales. They have fine heads with slightly dished noses, short, muscular legs and stocky bodies. While small - averaging 12 hands - feroxes make good riding horses and are sure-footed owing to the mountains of their origin country. Ferox Welsh Ponies, their name meaning fierce, are known for their big personalities, including a streak of bravery that seems to run through the entire breed. Feroxes are strong but easily handled, making them ideal for all riders. They are frequently seen in bay, black, chestnut and grey, but many other colours have been recorded to appear in the breed, including appaloosa, paint markings and dilutions like champagne.

──── 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐒 ────────────────────────────────

Height: Feroxes can range from 11.0hh to 13.3hh. Hands (hh) is the measurement of a horse's height at the withers. Each hand is 4 inches, so after .3 the number rises. For example: 11.0, 11.1, 11.2, 11.3, 12.0hh and so on.

Breeding Slots: Feroxes have five breeding slots in total, regardless of gender. Any ponies owned from version 1 are not permitted to breed at this time, although any from version 2 are acceptable.

Common disciplines: Driving, recreational riding, endurance, show hunter and show jumper are the most common uses of feroxes. They have been known to compete in many other western or english disciplines, as well as polo, racing, gymkhana, carnival pony rides, mounted military (rarely, due to their small stature) and lots more.

Eye Colours: Eyes can be any natural or unnatural color. Heterochromia is a rare trait.

Chimerism: Chimerism is the fusion of two twins within the womb. Because of this, the resulting foal will have two entirely separate coats, each with their own markings. Heterochromia (two or more eye colors) is common in chimeric foals as well. Chimerism only happens within breedings, and is quite rare. These special horses may be released in milestone adopts though or special events on occasion. Members are not allowed to request chimeric customs.

Somatic Mutations: Somatic mutations happen when a certain gene or genes get turned off on certain parts of the coat. For example, the mutation would change parts of a buckskin horse to bay, or bay to black. White or any other markings are not affected by this mutation and will go over the top of it. Normally somatic mutations are not heritable from parent to offspring, but I will make an acceptation here. c;

Edits: Any and all edits are currently being allowed! This includes feathering, wings, non-equine tails, etc. While there aren't many limitations, feroxes shouldn't be edited to the point where they are indistinguishable as feroxes.

Unnatural Coloration: Feroxes will never have any unnatural coat colors. There may be dilutions that give the horse a certain color hue, but they will always remain generally natural colors. Manes and tails may be colored by the use of hair dye as well as body paint for the main coat.
paradise,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Coat Guide

Postby paradise, » Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:24 pm

common - (c) / uncommon - (uc) / rare - (r) / limited - (l)

Chestnut - ee
    Standard, Red, Honey (c)
    Liver, Black (uc)

Agouti - Aa, At, A+
    Standard, Mahogany, Blood, Seal Brown (c)
    Sandy, Wild (uc)

Black - Ee
    Raven, Sun-bleached (c)

Cream
    Ccr (c)
    CC (uc)
    prlprl (r)

Champagne - Ch (uc)

Dun - Dd (c)

Grey - Gg (c)
    Steel - usually Black/Seal based
    Rose - usually Chestnut based
    Mulberry - usually Bay/Seal based

Flaxen - ff (c)
    ff - expresses
    Ff - carries

Silver - Zz (uc)

Mushroom - mu (r)
    cannot be seen on a solid black type! (E_ aa)

Pangare - +pangare (uc)
    cannot be seen on a solid black type! (E_ aa)

Somatic Mutation - +somatic (r)

Chimerism (l)
    Only seen in breedings!
    Spots (uc)
    Birdcatcher spots are white
    Grease spots are a darker shade of the coat

+birdcatcher/bc spots
    +grease Spots

Rabicano - Rb (uc)

Sooty - Sty (uc)

Roan - Rn (c)

Tobiano - To (c)