How the Mad Scientists Saved Goomas! Closed

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

How the Mad Scientists Saved Goomas! Closed

Postby Griff » Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:36 pm

πŸŽ„Main PageπŸŽ„Event Page

Ugin found herself actually relaxing, as she sprawled out in the library. To her surprise however, she found she quickly had company. One of her youngest sisters, Apple , gently nudged her shoulder. "Sister?" Apple asked, prompting Ugin to look up from her book. She tilted her head, signing.

"Yes Apple?"

"What is Goomas?" Ugin considered, standing up before pacing before the books and looking for a specific one to explain. As she does this however, both hear a loud crash outside. "WHAT ON-?!?" Ugin's ears twitch back.

"I don't know... but we need to find out..." She signed, taking in a deep breath before making her way outside. There the pair found a strange sight: a goobie the likes of which none of them had ever seen. Beside the strange looking goobie was an equally strange ride filled with... squeaking? The pair pad closer to find a bunch of goos! As they try to figure out what was going ion, their visitor wakes up.

"...Urk. Feel like I hit a house... the goos! Are they okay? Who are you? Where are we? I need to take them to find themselves and-"

"Woah woah woah, slow down!" Ugin signed. "Apple, looks like you might get some hands on experience figuring out what Goomas is. But with this many goos... and your ride busted, we're going to need some help." She exhales out. "I know some goobies to call..."

Welcome to the 'How the Mad Scientists Saved Goomas!' thread! Here every day a new prompt will be posted. With these prompts, they can be answered with writing or with art! Whether you like to write in first or third person is up to you! Responses however will be judged based upon effort put in. Art will be judged the same way! There is no minimum or maximum here, the focus is on fun, but those who put more effort in will be rewarded for that as well! While new prompts will be posted every day, the deadline for each prompt is at MIDNIGHT EST. Some additional things to note! Also it should be noted this time around many prompts will be multiple choice, and your choice will change which edits you get!

-If you pick to answer your writing prompt with a partner, both entries will receive a bonus!
-For art, if any of the characters from the booth are included you will receive an additional prize!
-Partners are allowed to split if one wants to do art, and one writing!
-Any of my chars can be drawn as anthro, not just feral! Whatever you'd like to do, go for it!
-Please remember that your own personal lore can of course be different than what is presented here! But you are more than welcome to incorporate these ideas into your own goobies as well!

πŸŽ„Form:πŸŽ„

Code: Select all
Prompt Day:
Goobie(s) Involved:
AGEL or DIAB?
If art or writing, Partner? (Yes/No? If so who?)
If Art, NPC? (Yes/no? If so, who?)
Entry:

πŸŽ„ Prizes!πŸŽ„

For Participation: 1 Common Edit
Judge's Favorite (1-2 chosen a day depending on entries received!): 1 Scarce Edit
Bonus for writing/drawing partner: 1 Semi-Common Edit
Bonus for drawing NPC: 1 Uncommon Edit (rng)
Last edited by Griff on Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:09 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: How the Mad Scientists Saved Goomas! DNP yet!

Postby Griff » Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:00 pm

Ugin had a relieved look as she looked over the goobies who had answered her call. She began to sign, Apple translating for her. "Thank you so much for coming! I fear we have a bit of a goomas situation on our hands here! Rudolph here was transporting goos to a goomas festival when they crashed right here!" Rudolph at this bowed their head, ears back and seemed to glow a bit from embarrassment. At their hooves was a small group of goos, of all shapes and sizes. Behind them? What looked to be a wrecked sleigh that certainly was not going to be carrying any passengers tonight.

"We can get our Uncle Monty to help repair the ride but..."

"It's called a sleigh!" Rudolph chimed in helpfully. "And it is super fun, super fast, super wheee! And..."

"Er, sleigh! But... Ugin and I have never had a goomas before... and these little goos deserve a good one! And I am curious a bit too..." Ugin gave Apple a gentle pat on the shoulder.

"That's right. Now, typically goomas is a party, where items of various textures and tastes are laid out the goos can explore and perhaps grow with! SO! While we wait for the sleigh repairs, let us find some objects of... let's try texture first! I know just where to check first!" She gestures the group towards the library. "My favorite spot of all. Maybe a good book will inspire them?"

DAY ONE IS OPEN!

The bookshelves have rows upon rows of books, mostly scientific but some fantasy, as well as literature and math. But there are also decorations! A globe in one corner, a telescope, a small astrolabe, pencils, papers, ink, a pair of glasses and even the occasional small animal that has found its way in. What does your goobie find to help inspire the goos?
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: How the Mad Scientists Saved Goomas! Day One!

Postby rem sleep » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:16 pm

Prompt Day: 1
Goobie(s) Involved: Sakura
AGEL or DIAB?: I didn't realize I was supposed to be using my event goob, whoops! I have both an AGEL and a DIAB event goob though! Sorry for the confusion and I'll be sure to fix this in the future!
If art or writing, Partner? Nope!
If Art, NPC?: Yes! Ugin, Apple and Rudolph are all here.
Entry:
Everyone has different ideas about the things they're reading-- some are for the lost goos and their situation, but the party can't help but notice some ideas between the pages on how they might be able to deal with the broken sleigh. While the little goos are reading and enjoying the texture of those pages, the other goobies try to read up on possible solutions or alternatives to their lack of a ride... To varying levels of success. Ultimately what they end up using to inspire the young goos is the books themselves! After all, books are full of so many different things, from unicorns to automated cars! Surely there's enough there to inspire a young goo!
β™₯ β™₯ β™₯
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
β™₯ β™₯ β™₯
β™₯ umas β™₯ storkies β™₯
β™₯ closed species bank β™₯
β™₯ β™₯ β™₯

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bakuraas. » Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:18 am

Goobie(s) Involved: Verlosung
AGEL or DIAB?: Either!
If art or writing, Partner? No
If Art, NPC?: Yes, Rudolph!
Entry:
Behold- Marble!
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
β™₯️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]β™₯️
ο½₯:*:ο½₯ο½‘β˜†{ baku's angel c4c }β˜†ο½‘ο½₯:*:ο½₯
β™₯️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]β™₯️
β™₯️[ karsalis ]β™₯️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Riley β™₯ » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:33 am

Prompt Day:
Goobie(s) Involved: Ugin, Rudolph, and Apple! (I don't have a goobie of my own yet!)
AGEL or DIAB?: Diab
Entry:
The library is dusty, looking as though it perhaps hadn't been perused in quite some time. After all, with so many ancient volumes, who had time to sift through them all? Ugin pulls aside a curtain, letting the light stream in, cascading light over books that might hold the answers they seek. While Ugin and Apple disappear deep into the rows of shelves, Rudolph and the goos have other ideas in mind. Knowing that inspiration can strike anywhere, even - and perhaps especially - in a place such as this, Rudolph leads the goos to a table with various items. With eyes wide, they take in the sights of objects that had hitherto been foreign to them - all coated in a layer of dust, they are indistinguishable from one another, save for their shape, until Rudolph tastes a deep breath and blows away the dust.

One goo is particularly inspired by these little floating particles, and finds themselves resonating deeply with the form of a dust bunny. They touch the layer of soft fuzz that still coats the table, squeaking happily. Another goo is fascinated by the intricate mechanisms upon the astrolabe, reaching out to touch its smooth, metallic surface that sparkles in the dim half-light of the library.

As the goos acquaint themselves with these new textures, each one squeaking amongst themselves to convey their delight, Rudolph notices that one of the goos had gone missing. Trying to hide their worry, they stepped away from the desk, checking under every chair and in every row of bookshelves. Then, at the back of the room, Rudolph's expression softened as their eyes met that final goo, resting upon the rough texture of an old leather book, barely held together by old string and cracked glue. "That's no place for you to sleep, little one," Rudolph explained softly, nudging the goo in order to wake them up. "Come with me, and join your goo friends." With a reluctant little chirp, the goo hopped up onto Rudolph's back, who subsequently carried them back to the desk covered in various objects. While they all found the textures they enjoyed the most, that lone little goo found themselves yearning for that book once more.
there was an image here but discord broke, please stand by

β˜† riley ❀ she/her ❀ adult β˜†
β˜† art shop ❀ art gallery β˜†
β˜† alikins ❀ castkitty β˜†
β˜† artist for goobies β˜†

β˜† design tos β˜†
β˜† toyhouse β˜†
β˜† oekaki β˜†

Riley β™₯

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lupiine » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:16 am

Goobie(s) Involved: aramis
AGEL or DIAB? agel pls!
If art or writing, Partner? nope
If Art, NPC? nope
Entry: aramis is absolutely excited! she adores showing goobies around libraries and she excitedly gives all of the goobies recommendations based on what she thinks they would like!
Art Shop β€’ TH β€’ Discord; Lupine#4405
lupiine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strawberrymwilk » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:17 am

Goobie(s) Involved: Pastel
AGEL or DIAB? either!
If Art, NPC? yes, Rudolph
Entry: Pastel tells Rudolph to check some of the books for any ideas while she questions if they could dress up a rabbit
β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆ

β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
.............strawberry
..............she/he
.............nb lesbian
..........lavender glade
..............storage

..........art by whitehund
β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
strawberrymwilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NeonFoxPaw » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:46 am

Goobie(s) Involved: Lemon and Ugin
AGEL or DIAB? Agel
If art or writing, Partner? Just Art from me. No partner.
If Art, NPC? Had Time now Ugin is in there!
Entry:

Lemon picked up the glasses and showed Ugin them.
"Do you think that these will work for the lights on the sleigh if we pop the lenses out? I know that the Astrolabe will help with recalibrating the navigational system, but these glasses have to help with something," questions Lemon.

"Well I'd think so, but we won't know till we try," Signs Ugin.
Last edited by NeonFoxPaw on Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
She/They
- My name is Ptolomaea -
- I'm adulting through life currently -
- I write and read most of the time -
β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
xxxxx
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
Image Image Imagex
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
NeonFoxPaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saeli » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:01 am

Goobie(s) Involved: Flynn, Asher, Raava
AGEL or DIAB? either!
If art or writing, Partner? nope!
If Art, NPC? n/a
Entry:

Flynn and Asher, both being younger goobies themselves had immediately been willing to help out. Renna had asked her friend, Raava, to look after her son and his friend while they went. Raava had readily agreed because he was always curious about the way the goomas crews magic worked. Raava was also interested in meeting Ugin after the stories he heard from goo-o-ween.

The trio listened to the predicament and Flynn looked towards Rudolph, "Would it be okay if we made some paper snowflakes with the goos? Asher has some great stories and we could make snowflakes and tell them stories." Asher nodded in agreement, "I can tell them about the time Crimson hid behind the goomas tree to scare Snarl!"

Raava looked at the two younger goobies before saying, "I think that's a great idea! I can go do some research in order to help figure out how to fix this sleigh. Hopefully I can put my alchemy skills to good use."
Saeli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caeleesi » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:28 am

Goobie(s) Involved: Flurry
AGEL or DIAB?: Either
If art or writing, Partner? (Yes/No? If so who?) no
If Art, NPC? (Yes/no? If so, who?) no
Entry:
*Submitting for now - might not make it home in time to finish it LOL*
Local Skeleton Queen
DA ||   || TH || Β©
κœ±α΄α΄α΄‡α΄›Ιͺα΄α΄‡κœ± α΄›Κœα΄‡ ᴍᴏᴏɴ α΄„α΄α΄α΄‡κœ± α΄α΄œα΄› α΄…α΄œΚ€ΙͺΙ΄Ι’ α΄›Κœα΄‡ ᴅᴀʏ
Β©
α΄˜Κ€α΄‡α΄ Ιͺᴏᴜꜱʟʏ α΄ Κ€Ιͺκœ±α΄‹α΄‡Κ™α΄€Κ™ Κ™)
Caeleesi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me