📀Wermz📀 Breeding artist apps!

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

📀Wermz📀 Breeding artist apps!

Postby 0blivion » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:32 pm

Back to main post

Wermz Breeding Artist Applications

Applications will be open until 7th September!

Hello! I'm opening positions for artists who'll specifically fulfill werm breedings, to help have breedings more often (I know its been a hot minute since the last breeding slots were open) and alleviate pressure on regular artists to open slots; regular staff artists will still open breeding slots if they choose to, though!

rules and info wrote:-Below you’ll find a set of sample wermz; for your application, please make 2 breedings (as in 2 wermz); the pairs and whether you make standard or charged breeding shard designs is up to you!

-Please make sure to post submit to this thread.

-You'll need a discord to access staff areas + files, thus due to discord's rules must be at least 13 to apply.

-You cannot make breedings using designs of existing wermz, or fake/mock-up wermz you've made; you can only use the sample wermz provided.

-You are free to make more than 2 for your application if you want to, but is completely optional.

-For each design, you can make them either from the same pairing or from different pairings. It should be stated in your application which wermz you chose for your pair/s.

-You’ll need to be able to work psd files, as that is the format all wermz bases are uploaded as with artists.

-The sample wermz aren’t real/official, nor am I planning to release them. That being said, the designs you make for your application, if hired, can be kept as customs for yourself (if you end up making more than 2 for your app, 2 is the maximum amount you can keep as personal customs).

-To prevent people applying solely for the purpose of being able to make themselves customs, you are not allowed to keep any entries you make unless you are hired.

-The base expectation will be doing one breeding slot per month. Of course if anything pops up/you're not able to that month there is no pressure to fulfill this!

-You’ll have an open invite if you ever want to contribute non breeding wermz at any point!

-You’ll be able to make yourself one free custom or a free breeding for yourself each month, and will earn gummies per werm you make. Depending on the amount of slots/breedings fulfilled, there are extra rewards for such available!

-Marking is allowed!

APPLICATION FORM wrote:
Code: Select all
[b]Username + ID:[/b]
[b]Discord:[/b]
[b]Tell me a bit about these wermz!:[/b]
[b]Why would you like to be an artist for wermz?[/b]

SAMPLE WERMZ wrote:
Werm #1 > PSD

Werm #2 > PSD

Werm #3 > PSD

Werm #4 > PSD

Werm #5 > PSD

Werm #6 > PSD

Spencer
He/it/she ⚣
Evil Old Wizard
0blivion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 📀Wermz📀 Breeding artist apps!

Postby medimedes » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:43 pm

mark
Hi I'm Thalimule
Im an artist
I enjoy Tf2 greatly!
Those are my Tf2 ocs! Refresh to see a new one :]
2 years on cs!
pm me with a silly photo of your pet and ill try to draw them
medimedes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goji ✦ Dragon » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:16 pm

Username + ID: Goji ✦ Dragon + 875950
Discord: Goji ✦ Dragon#9309
Why would you like to be an artist for wermz? I also resently applied for the general artist position here and I feel it’s much of the same. I would really like to join the artist team no matter if it’s general, breeding or items.

3+6
Mostly a charged breeding but
it has a few custom elements
4+5
Standard breeding

Tell me a bit about these wermz!: these are pretty simple so I’m thinking of making a fusion design as well :’]
Last edited by Goji ✦ Dragon on Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:45 am, edited 15 times in total.
ImageLavender Menace Image
Stations: 1 2 3 4

Discord : goji_dragon
Previously known as: Goji ✦ Dragon#9309
My toyhou.se

Goji ✦ Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oliiviine » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:58 pm

Username + ID: Oliiviine #684675

Discord: dumby#6440

Tell me a bit about these wermz!:

Image Image
#3 and #6 Essence Shard Breeding | #1 and #2 Charged Essence Shard Breeding

For the first one, I wanted to see the palette of #3 on #6. I loved the idea of blue flowers on copper-ish leaves. For the second one, I wanted to challenge myself with making the wermz fit together well into an outcome. Taking the bone portions, cracks, and tail of #1 was always my goal, and to mix it in with the liquid look of #2. I think I pulled it off well, having to change some of the colors on the bones to make it seem coherent. Overall, I'm quite happy with both of these outcomes!

Why would you like to be an artist for wermz?

Wermz is a great community, that I honestly love seeing all the different ways people are creative with their wermz. I find it a fun challenge to mix together two established designs, and making something that reflects the both of the designs that went in. I figure that one way or another, I could make an outcome that I could be satisfied handing off to the people who asked for the breeding. So, in the end, why not?
Image Image Image Image
Oliiviine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mossclaw3706 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:47 pm

Username + ID: Mossclaw3706 + 34046
Discord: snoodles#2090

Image Image Image
standard crystal for 3 & 5 | standard crystal for 1 & 3 | charged crystal for 1 & 6

For my two standard breedings, I wanted to experiment with different levels of sourcing from the original werm's palettes. The middle design I feel sticks pretty closely to one parent werm's palette while the left borrows distinct elements (the minty ruff color & stripes), but overall is made of accent colors from the source design.

For my charged breeding, I really wanted to challenge myself to go big! I wanted to mix the palettes together a bit, to go for a werm that felt like it seamlessly and thematically combined elements from each. In my head, since werm #1 has a stone face and feaures...and werm #6 has a flowery tail, I was thinking about stepping stones in a garden. I thought a dried flower look could be really cool for toning down a bright pastel werm when it would combine with a darker one...and the fur became the color of rich soil. The gold kintsugi veins from werm #1 became roots :>

I'm just coming from submitting an application to be a guest artist, so here's a link to that post and a repost of those thoughts here for easier viewing! :>
It's super cheesy, but I love Wermz! I think the lore is super compelling and gives players just enough freedom to be goofy and to balance out the heavier tones of a post-apocalyptic setting with lighthearted silliness. There's something to be said about a group that convinced me to finally get into UMAs after being on CS since 2009! (I saw a werm in someone's signature and the rest was history, ahaha) I would love to be able to contribute to this awesome and kind community by being a guest artist. Outside of Wermz, I'm staff & a worldbuilding designer / writer for a creative collaborative world-building arpg over on deviantart (ThoseWhoWentMissing), and frequently help folks design characters to fit into the arpg, as well as create characters for the group to raffle off. I'm very community-minded and love the way that art can connect us to ourselves and each other. That's pretty intense for some pixel wermies BUT I feel strongly about little communities like Wermz and think it would be great to contribute to one! <3

Aside from wanting to be a general artist, I'd like to try for breeding artist because I think I have a good eye on how to make designs in a closed species feel connected but stand alone as individuals. In Those Who Went Missing, that's part of my main job -- to evaluate player MYOs to see if they both fit the species and feel like their own character. The idea of breeding mechanics to me is about making new characters with existing elements and making them feel as unique and loved as the previous ones. It's very important to me that two owners can come together and everyone can walk away with a unique werm that they each can love! Balancing that by getting to create designs that feel connected to littermates or the source wermz is so cool! I found that in making the fake wermz above, I really loved building off of other folks' works & remixing them to make something new! The inspiration for them really clicked and came together smoothly for me~

Thank you so much for your consideration, and all the hard work you do! <3
Mossclaw3706

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cosmic_Dragon » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:13 am

Username + ID: Cosmic_Dragon
Discord: CosmicDragon#1839

Image Image
#2 x #4 Standard Breeding || #4 x #5 Charged Breeding

I really love #4's pallet, so I wanted to try and translate
that to #2's lineart. I wanted to focus on pulling that dark
base in to produce an ink-y liquid! Most of the colors
come from #4 with a handful of accents from #2, with
tweaks on the inner liquid layer to produce that faint
'glowing' effect that #4's markings have.
With the charged breeding, I really really wanted to
focus on blending the edits, then matching the
markings on the blended sections. With this one, the
colour scheme is more evenly blended, pulling
neutrals from #5 and purples/blues from #4.
I chose to carry the solid eye on #4 forward as an edit!

I just really, really enjoy working with the Wermz base,
whether that's mocking up fake items or creating custom designs!
As well as being a part of the crazy community you've built, heh,
most of my favourite crazy ideas come from the discord chatter...

I've been a breeding artist for species before, and picking colors
from two potentially very different designs and having them mesh
in a pleasing (or at least not horrendous!) way is something I enjoy doing.
Cosmic_Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fruitywhales » Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:56 am

Username + ID: Fruitywhales + 808105
Discord: Fatale #0531

[Breeding pair for Wermz 5 & 6]

I loved the lineart for both of these designs and wanted to make something that really captured the pair in one. I really liked the idea of making another bug themed Werm, so there you have it!

[Breeding pair for Wermz 1 & 3]

I thought this pair would be a cool combination, and I didn't realize until after that it kind of resembles the Predator x that one MLP villain... but anyways putting hairstyles on this species is so much fun haha. I tried blending all the colors together and ended up with a navy blue, I kept the tiled tan and made some modifications to the geometric tail.

The longer I've been in the Discord server, the more I'm starting to love this community! Everyone is so appreciative of the art and talent that goes into this species, and I absolutely adore that aspect. I'd love to be able to create something unique that people will love, and meet other creative designers through this.

I also wanted to thank you for having such organized PSD files, truly a lifesaver <3
Thanks for the opportunity! :)
Fruitywhales

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me