BSA - Lighting the Way (Closed)

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Lantern Designing

Postby Zombiehund » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:45 pm

Lighting the Way - Section 3

Username ;; Zombiehund
Prompt Step ;; Lantern Construction
Prompt Response ;; I prepare a comfy but glue-safe spot in my house to work, probablycovered by a good amount of newspaters, keeping myself entertained with as many YouTube Videos as this would take and my trusted canine helper by my side. Well, probably more just somewhat near me, snorring. She's a great Helper.
Since I will mostly be working with paper I won't have to worry much about fancy machines, just some good scisors, a few things to meassure and a good glue should be be enough to get everything done. I tend to hyperfocus on tasks like this, loosing all sense of time or physical needs, so I just make sure I don't have much else to do that day so I won'thave to look at the time, search up some particularly long videos and allow myself to let the chaos begin

╔═════ ═════╗

Hello ^^
Just your friendly
neighborhood un-
dead canine, may
be a little shy with
new people

╚═════ ═════╝

Artwork by HannahBug
Zombiehund

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: BSA - Lighting the Way

Postby Venatici » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:17 pm

section three is closed! four is updated for you guys! yall will have 2 days to complete!
|
|

|

|
|
|

|
|

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝’𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜𝚗’𝚝 𝚒𝚝?
𝚃𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕.

𝙸’𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸’𝚖 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞

───────────────────────────────────── ♥ ──────
morgan . he/him pronouns
my love ♥ lgbt+ . blm

gonny b gayrosebark bark
beankilogramgiant rat

──────── ♥ ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ►Athena◄ » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:57 pm

Lighting the Way - Section 3

Username ;; ►Athena◄
Prompt Step ;; Lantern Construction
Prompt Response ;; I would create my initial sketches by myself, probably with a bit of music on in the background. I would then take a break and later come back to refine the images a few times. Once it came time to try to create the pieces of the lantern, I would start working outdoors with cutting the metal designs. For this step, I would probably recruit some friends to assist me. I sometimes struggle to keep my hands steady, so I would ask a friend to do the actual cutting to avoid ruining the images and wasting metal. Once that has been finished (and after another break), I would start trying to assemble the lantern. This would be a slow stage as I fit the glass into the metal frame, make sure the little door opens and closes properly, and do small welds to join the metal cutouts to the frame. I would also have to ensure the four angled sides forming the top of the lantern meet at the correct angle.
►Athena◄

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby discontinued. » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:18 am

x
    Lighting the Way - Section 4

Username ;; discontinued.
    Prompt Step ;; Lantern completion
    Prompt Response ;;
    The finished lantern, after all this time, it's finally done!
    I did make a little adjustment - initially I wasn't going to paint the inside. The sun, crescent moons and antlers have stayed the same but the outside now has well.. anti-silhouettes of the lunar stages where I did purposefully did not paint so that the light of the candle inside will shine through these spots.
    The phases I chose to depict are: young, waxing crescent, waxing quarter, waxing gibbous, full moon, waning gibbous, waning quarter, waning crescent, and waning young.
    They are evenly spaced to fill the back three quarters of the lantern, the main image of the antlers are on the 'front' of the lantern - that is the side that will be displayed most of the time.
    I think that's all there is to say other than that this has been a really fun event to take part in so far! I can't wait to let this lantern go and to watch it drift through the open sky!
discontinued.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BadgerBuddies » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:02 pm

Username ;; BadgerBuddies
Prompt Response ;; Well... at least it’s a lantern. It’s no work of art by any stretch of the imagination, but it is in fact lantern shaped, and in one piece (at least for now). The metal framing is shoddy, and the paper forming the lantern is quite crinkled. Not in a nice way either. It’s obvious to see where the paper has torn and then been covered up by other pieces of paper or wire framing. The sun that was painted on looks nice at least, and the transparency of the paper allows for the candle light behind it to shine very beautifully. Thank goodness these lanterns will only be viewed by other human beings at night time, so hopefully no one will be able to notice all of the mistakes in the lantern, and will only be able to see how pretty it’s light is shining through the clear night sky.

(150 words exactly:)
BadgerBuddies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ►Athena◄ » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:06 pm

Username ;; ►Athena◄
Prompt Response ;; My lantern is made of glass and black metal, so my drawing is just black and white. Anywhere that has gray shading would be made of black metal or is a hinge, hook, or knob for the hook. I do not have the talent to draw the metal cutouts on the frame, so I made miniatures of each side.
ImageImage
►Athena◄

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby certified » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:21 pm

Username ;; certified
Prompt Response ;; Image
certified

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Joke's On You » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:48 am

Username ;; Joke's On You
Prompt Response ;; colored drawing or minimum 150 words

After a lot of hard work, the lantern is finally complete. The lantern paper lantern is in its rectangular shape, as it was supposed to be. Here and there, you can see the places where it wasn't folded correctly, which are shown by distinct fold lines. As for the little cutout images, you can see what looks like an attempt at trees and something that looks like it's in the shape of a large animal, as it's a tall creature with skinny legs. Upon looking closer, you'd be able to make out the head of a doe, then piece it together that the animal is meant to be a deer. On the other sides is where things get better. The trees look a little nicer, but its clear that the lantern was a first attempt at a project like that. There aren't any attempts at making anymore deer, as its just the trees. Behind the cutout scenes of trees and deer, is a clear paper, with light leaking out of it. In the middle of the lantern sits a fake light up candle which as been turned on so that it can emit a glow to make it look even more like a lantern. The handle on the lantern is small, as its a small little strip of paper that's taped onto the sides. But it's not noticeable that it's taped, luckily. Overall, even with a few mistakes, it looks like a lot of effort was put into the lantern. And myself being the maker, am very proud of the lantern.

Joke's On You

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zombiehund » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:09 am

Username ;; Zombiehund
Prompt Response ;;
A rectangular lantern with 4 sides, all depicting a different monster or mythological creature. The side pictured depicts a werewolf howling at a full moon, while the other 3 show a wendigo(the deer-like kind) looking out between trees , a hellhound in front of a Flame and a Elaphocentaur (Deer Centaur). The creatures are all silhouettes.
It is held by a silver chain and lit up from the inside by a fake candle, that shines light through the colored parts of the lantern in the respective colors.

╔═════ ═════╗

Hello ^^
Just your friendly
neighborhood un-
dead canine, may
be a little shy with
new people

╚═════ ═════╝

Artwork by HannahBug
Zombiehund

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:40 am

Username ;; DarkestWerewolf
Prompt Response ;; The lantern was finally complete. Was it as envisioned? Absolutely not. Was that the plan? No. Does it look beautiful? Without a doubt. It’s just a fun little creation while also having fun at it. Of course it didn’t look like the exact lantern but it is similar in a sense. The design traced and cut out on the paper is different, much simpler in style. The wood wasn’t perfect but hey, nothing ever is. If you squint, you will see that some small parts of the paper were accidentally cut out of shape and parts of the wood chipped a bit. However, no one would know unless you tell them. Lighting a candle inside casts a warm glow from the tan colour of the parchment paper and it hovered just lightly above the table. It was still a sight to behold. The wood was polished well, the tassel was made nicely and it still looks beautiful overall. I think I’d call this a great success!
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me