Euphorian Retired Racehorse Project Info Hub

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Euphorian Retired Racehorse Project Info Hub

Postby LivingLethal » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:44 am

Main Page | Fanclub | Discord Server | Artist Search | Info Hub

Welcome!

Welcome to the information hub! Here you will find answers to most, if not all, of your questions about the Euphorian Thoroughbred and the ERRP world. There will be information on everything from breedings, customs, lore, and how to adopt. If you are new please read through this to see if you questions are answered! Do not post here, but please check back often as you never know when things could be added or changed! If you have a question not answered in here, please message ♔Voltaire♔. It'll be added to the hub as soon as possible!

Last edited by LivingLethal on Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:53 pm, edited 8 times in total.
LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

What are Euphorian Thoroughbreds

Postby LivingLethal » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:45 am

Euphorian Thoroughbreds are a rare string of the Thoroughbred breed. They come from a single farm simply called “Euphoria” that has horses with mutated genes. These allow them to be able to possess any realistic coat or markings. Everything else about the sub-type is the same. Long, strong legs, a powerful hind, and great speed. Their eyes are soft and the breed is incredibly smart, if not a bit goofy. They love kids and have the rare ability to excel in any discipline. They can grow from 15hh-18hh, though usually somewhere in the middle.

The horses readopted through the Euphorian Retired Racehorse Project are looking for a new loving home and a new job. They’ve tried racing and have either retired or decided the sport wasn’t for them. Either way, they are ready for the next chapter in their life. Some of these horses will come with a little training already and will have their new discipline already determined. For others, you’ll get to pick how they move forwards!

Welcome to the Euphorian Retired Racehorse Project.

This post will be going into more detail then the main page lore.

About thirty years ago, a horse named Land of Euphoria, or Prize, was born at a small place called "Whistling Hills Farm." It was a strawberry farm and not well known for its horse breeding program. They only had a couple off-the-track thoroughbreds they'd collected. Their most prized mare and stallion pair was Eden and Jäger. Each were incredibly successful racers and had been sent to WHE to live out a happy retirement life. Of course, the two were still quite young and everyone wanted a foal from them to turn into the racing world's next biggest star. And so, Prize was born.

Even from his first moments out in the world, everyone could tell he was special. Not from his coat color or markings, as these were quite plain, but his spirit. He was standing within minutes of being born and galloping in a few short days. Everyone knew that he was meant to be a racer. Since Whistling hills farm owned him, they turned a strawberry field into a makeshift racetrack to train him. He was incredible. As he grew, he got even faster and stronger. The pure amount of speed he could reach was baffling to all watching. The media thought, to be that fast, he had to have some sort of fault in his personality. But he didn't. He was extremely sweet and gentle with every single person that came up to him. He was also goofy in the fact that wherever you hid a treat, he could find it. Prize was the biggest sweetie in all of racing, and it looked like he would be the fastest, too.

The world watched in amazement as he won time and time again. It was incredible and unlike anything anyone in racing had ever seen before. Many tried to buy Prize from Whistling Hills Farm, now renamed Euphoria Acres after his registered name “Land of Euphoria”, but they never sold him.

When his racing career was finished, he retired back at EA to sire foals. Before he could, the farm had a genetic test done on him to see what genes he possessed so that breeders would know who best to breed with him. When the tests came back, everyone was shocked and astounded. Despite his average appearance from his simple coat, he had mutated genes. These genes, after many tests, were found to be able to give thoroughbreds any coat color or marking found on a regular horse. This opened up a whole new world for horse racing and thoroughbreds alike. The first mare to be bred to him foaled a little filly named Lucy. Lucy was a buckskin tobiano. Her mother was gray. After the first foal, others came. Some did bare a coat or marking not usually believed to be possible by a thoroughbred, but others still had a solid color. Even those still had the mutated genes Prize possessed. The name "Euphorian Thoroughbreds" was coined to describe Prize's lineage; the new sub-type had become incredibly sought after. Prize was the biggest thing to happen to racing in many years.

Now, thirty years later, Euphorian Thoroughbreds are much more common, but still much rarer then their "average" counterparts. The Euphorian Retired Racehorse Project was created to take in any and all Euphorian Thoroughbreds after their racing career is over to find them a new home.

As for Prize, he now lives at the ERRP base to greet all of the newcomers and to live out the rest of his life in peace.
Last edited by LivingLethal on Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

How to Adopt and Readopt

Postby LivingLethal » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:03 am

How to Adopt
One of the most fun ways to get your hands on a Euphorian thoroughbred is through adoption. If you look on the main page, you will see horses wearing a halter or not wearing one. Horses with halters are always adopted; if a horse has no halter and still has an "available" sign on the oekaki page, it is likely still available to adopt. The most sure-fire way to make sure a horse is not adopted is to check the posts in the topic to see if the artist has already judged who the horse will go home with. Usually, the horses not wearing a halter are still available and looking for new homes. If you do post a form after the artist has stated "closed" or a winner has been awarded, your form will be void.

An adopt can end before an artist has time to say "closed." Read the ending dates on the first post; if it is past the end date and the artist has not posted an extension, then the competition is not open for new entries. Any forms posted after the end date will be void.

Adoption Form
You will need to fill some or all of this out for every adopt, so it is fully explained below.

Owner/Username - This is where you put your username.
Show Name - This is the name your horse will be called when it enters competitons. This is their registered name. (Ex. Counting Stars)
Barn Name - This is what the horse will be called around the barn, or the name it is referenced as in day-to-day life. (Ex. Star)
Gender - The biological sex of the horse cannot be changed for the sake of breeding; however, genders may be chosen.
Height - This is the height of the horse in hands. It can be preset, but the owner may have the option to choose it. (hands are explained below in the guide)
Eye color - This is the color of the horse's eyes and will always be preset.
Phenotype - This is how the horse physically appears and will always be preset unless the competition is regarding the horse's design.
Genotype - This is the horse's genetics and will always be preset unless the competition is regarding the horse's design.
Discipline - This shows the discipline the horse is trained to perform. It is up to the user to decide and may be any discipline that horses are trained in realistically.
Breeding info - This is where the artist clarifies any genetic or phenotypic knowledge a breeding artist may need to know about the horse.
Edits - These are the preset, premade edits existing on the horse. Edits are further explained here.

Types of Adoption Competitions
These are only some possibilities of the many types of adoption competitions that can take place.

Naming contest - Out of all entries, the artist will either choose their favorite name or the one they believe suits the horse the best.
Personality contest - After you write a personality, the artist will choose their favorite or the one they think fits the horse best.
Design contest - The artist will have a solid horse and out of all entries will pick a reference of particular markings to give the horse.
Image or Gif contest - The artist will give a set of guidelines for the image or gif and then will pick their favorite of the entries. Entries must follow CS rules.
FCFS or "First Come First Serve" - Whoever posts the form filled out correctly first, wins. Forms cannot be edited or posted without being filled out. Every part of the form must be filled out to qualify.
Raffle - Every entry is given a number and a raffle is held at the end. Any stipulations can be added. For example, a raffle for non-owners.
Enter for someone else - The artists asks you to do any one of these things, but you are entering for someone else. That person is kept a complete secret until the end. You cannot ask someone to enter for you.
Discipline contest - The artist will pick the discipline they think best suits the horse.
Compliment contest - Everyone must write a given number of compliments to be able to enter for the adopt.
Development contest - The artist will ask you to develop the horse in a particular way. The form that wins may be the one that is best-written or drawn, has the most effort, or is the most applicable to the horse in the artist's opinion.
Impress Me contest - The entrants will be expected to go all-out in developing and/or drawing the horse. The form that is the best to the artist will win.

Readoption
There are three ways a Euphorian can be readopted. These are the only ways. To have the readoption be valid, both the old and new owner but post on the original page, and they must agree on who messages the applicable archivist. You can ask that the name, personality, or discipline be kept the same or changed if you are to do any of these below. It is up to you whether or not the new owner can use your old development. Readoptions are final, and it is unacceptable to request that the new owner return the horse to you at any point in time.

Gifting - This way is perfect if you are leaving the community and want your Euphorians to still be used and loved or if you've lost connection with one of your horses. You can gift to anyone, as long as for this transaction everything is one way. You will be getting nothing in return.

Trading - Your Euphorians can only be traded for other Euphorians, Euphorian breeding slots, Euphorian event currencies, or any ERRP currencies that might be added in the future. Under NO circumstances should this species be put up for sale or traded for anything outside the ERRP world.

Userheld Readoptions - You can also hold a competition for your horses! You cannot make any profit off of it for any reason. The competition type is completely up to you, feel free to look above for some ideas. One a readoption contest is posted, the Euphorian is not able to be kept by the owner, and the readoption must be held to completion.
Last edited by LivingLethal on Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Edit and Color Guide

Postby LivingLethal » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:17 am

Edit List:

Manes
Standard/Trimmed - Just a simple pulled mane, but not too oddly straight.
Long - A long mane that has a bit of a wave.
English - Simple ball braids.
Roach/Cropped - Shorter then any other mane, close to the head.
Western - Fancy braids typically used in western disciplines.
Maneless - Either an extremely-roached mane or a horse with a maneless mutation.

Tails
Standard - Not too thick, not too thin. Truly just standard.
Long - A long, thick tail touching the ground.
Braided - A braided tail at the top that's loose at the bottom
Trimmed - A standard-size tail that is neatly trimmed at the bottom.

Eyes
Standard eyes - Relaxed, open eyes.
Sleepy eyes - Near-closed eyes with only a slit of eye open.
Wide eyes - Big, round eyes with whites showing.

Ears
Standard ears - Forward and relaxed.
Pinned ears - Pinned back to the head.
Flipped ears - Going different directions away from the head.
Perked ears - Attentive, straight-forward ears.

Extras
Tongue out - Tongue poked out slightly.

Items
Halter - A material headgear used to lead the horse around; indicates the horse is adopted.
Foal blanket - A blanket on all Euphorian foals that keeps them warm.

Rarities
Click here for a more in-depth explanation of genetics in ERRP
- Facial edits are slightly less common than mane and tail edits.

Breedings
- Artists are to roll randomly for the foal's genotype from the parents.
- Rare genes that have no genetic basis in passing (i.e. brindle, vitiligo, but not things like mushroom, pearl) roll at a 10% chance or a 25% chance if both parents possess the rare gene.
- Manes, tails, and facial edits are rolled 50/50 from parents.
- The foal's mane and tail type will show upon growth.
- There is a 5% chance of rolling twins, which may fuse into a chimeric upon a 50/50 roll to keep twins or fuse to a chimera.
Last edited by LivingLethal on Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Item Bank

Postby LivingLethal » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:25 am

Item Rules
- Items are only able to be earned during events, or in rare occasions, an artist may give away items after a competition.
- To be used, the item must be used as instructed in the item bank.
- Items may only be used once.
Last edited by LivingLethal on Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Customs

Postby LivingLethal » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:25 am

Custom Rules
- All CS and ERRP rules must be followed.
- Customs may be requested every other month. Inquire for the custom tracker if you are unsure whether you have received a custom recently.
- Community members may only have a custom with one uncommon and lower genetics.
- Staff members may receive a monthly custom for every month that they are active.
- Staff customs may be two uncommon and lower genetics.
- Staff members may request a birthday custom instead of their regular staff custom in their birthday month. This custom may have one rare edit and lower genetics. Community members do not receive a birthday custom.
- Only submit a custom form when an artist is open to receiving them.
- Horse designs are not permitted to be used as references as this is art theft. Only real horses may be used as references for customs.
- Follow the given artist's rules to submit a form to them.
Last edited by LivingLethal on Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breedings

Postby LivingLethal » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:31 am

Breeding Rules
- In order to breed, both horses must possess a barn page. Barn pages are discussed further below. Exceptions are made on a case by case basis and MUST be discussed with the species owner prior to a breeding form submission.
- ERRP only allows breedings between a stallion and a mare for realism. Note that geldings CANNOT be bred.
- Euphorian Thoroughbreds only have five breeding slots. Each breeding takes up one slot.
- There is no limit on the number of breedings a user may submit for.
- Foals may only breed two weeks after the date that they are made.
- Breeding slots may be obtained by owning a horse with available slots, or by trading and gifting.
- Breeding slot permissions must be screenshotted and documented in the barn to be valid.
- Breeding forms may only be submitted if an artist is open and if your form qualifies for the artist's opening. Forms submitted outside of openings will be ignored and repeatedly doing this may result in a warning.
- Breeding forms must be posted on the nursery page. Do not message an artist with your form.

Form
Code: Select all
[b]Username(s);;[/b]
[b]Artist;;[/b] (whoever is open)

[b]Mare name;;[/b]
[b]Mare barn post;;[/b]
[b]Slot one;;[/b] (link to foal; n/a if unused)
[b]Slot two;;[/b] (link to foal; n/a if unused)
[b]Slot three;;[/b] (link to foal; n/a if unused)
[b]Slot four;;[/b] (link to foal; n/a if unused)
[b]Slot five;;[/b] (link to foal; n/a if unused)
[b]Permission;;[/b] (a screenshot, n/a if your own Euphorian)

[b]Stallion name;;[/b]
[b]Stallion barn post;;[/b]
[b]Slot one;;[/b] (link to foal; n/a if unused)
[b]Slot two;;[/b] (link to foal; n/a if unused)
[b]Slot three;;[/b] (link to foal; n/a if unused)
[b]Slot four;;[/b] (link to foal; n/a if unused)
[b]Slot five;;[/b] (link to foal; n/a if unused)
[b]Permission;;[/b] (a screenshot, n/a if your own Euphorian)

[b]Blanket color;;[/b] (optional)
[b]Additional info;;[/b] (optional)
Last edited by LivingLethal on Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Barn Creation

Postby LivingLethal » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:35 am

also known as stables

When you get your first Euphorian, the next step is creating a barn for them! The great thing about barns is that they can look however you'd like. You have complete artistic liberty in fonts, images, coding, and all of those things. Your barns also do not need to just be on CS! You can make a website or put them on toyhou.se, just as long as all the necessary information can be easily accessed.
Aside from keeping important information, the point of a barn is to get creative with it, so have fun!

Having your Barn put in the Archive
To have your barn added to the barn archive, please message our barn archivist here on CS (Lavellan). Thank you!

Naming Your Barn
The first step is to pick a name for your barn! It can be anything you’d like, but please first check to see if somebody else already has that name, as it should be unique to you and your barn.

Your First Barn Post
The first post of your barn thread is best dedicated to important general information. Some examples would be the coding you use for barn posts, links to important ERRP pages (archives, main page, etc.), personal breeding information such as slots from others or planned breedings, and an archive of your personal Thoroughbreds.

Horse Profiles
You can keep your Thoroughbreds all on one page, or have an individual post for each one, that part is completely up to you. It’s also completely up to you in how you code, arrange, and style these profiles, and what you include in them. However, there’s some basic information that you must have in your Thoroughbred’s page. This information includes:
- Thoroughbred's Name
- Link to Thoroughbred’s Creation Page
(Adoption Page, Breeding, Etc.)
- Thoroughbred’s Breeding Slots
(All, Unused and Used. If Used: Resulting Foal)

Barns are required in order to breed your Euphorians!
Last edited by LivingLethal on Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Things to Know

Postby LivingLethal » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:38 am

Mare: A mature female horse (over the age of 2).
Stallion: An uncastrated mature male horse (over the age of 2).
Gelding: A castrated mature male horse (over the age of 2).
Yearling: Any horse at the age of 1 year
Foal: A baby horse; a horse not yet 1 year of age.
Thoroughbred: A breed of horse most often used in horse racing. They’re hot-blooded horses known for their agility and speed.
OTTB: Off-Track Thoroughbred; a Thoroughbred that was racing or training to race but has since retired due to injury, age, lack of talent/interest in the discipline, etc.
Hand: A unit of measurement used to measure a horse’s height (up to its withers); one hand is equivalent to 4 in. (10.16 cm.). The abbreviation of hands is hh (hands high) and a horse cannot be measured above 18hh. A helpful conversion chart can be found here. Euphorians must be between 15hh and 18hh.
Withers: The ridge between a horse’s shoulder blades.
Last edited by LivingLethal on Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LivingLethal » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:38 am

Feel free to use ERRP's official stamp to advertise ERRP!

Code: Select all
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4145328][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/599022762161602600/611219301382356993/stamp.png[/img][/url]

Please do not post here.
LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me