Prompt 7 ─ Happiness [END PAGE 6]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Prompt 7 ─ Happiness [END PAGE 6]

Postby Lillybear » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:57 pm

You scoop up the rich pink flower, taking a moment to admire how its colors flickered lazily in the amber firelight. Although surrounded by the thrilling new temptations of vibrant fabrics and shimmering jewelry, saccharine goods and pungent spices, you feel strangely drawn to this small blossom and become suddenly determined to identify where it came from.

As the evening continues, you almost give up hope searching until your eyes fall upon a caravan distanced from the hub of activity, although not too far away as to be purposely secluded. You think you can see the outline of a Kalon sitting in its open door, but what magnetized your attention were the rings of cherry blossoms that sectioned off their long black tail that spilled out from the caravan onto the ground.

Once you approach the caravan, you come face to face with a beautiful green and black Kalon. Tens (hundreds?) of cherry blossoms adorned her fur and hair. She had a dark, translucent veil covering her face─but even that couldn't cover her blatant stony expression.

She sat rigidly upright, very still, as if abiding to a strict and serious vow. For a moment, you almost wonder if you shouldn't have come here, like visitors to this caravan were forbidden. Thrown off by this Kalon's scarily formal presence, you're at a momentary loss for words. But not wanting to sit in silence any longer, you awkwardly present the flower to her.

She narrows her eyes quizzically at your effort to return a single flower─of which she certainly wouldn't have been bothered losing─but nevertheless accepts the gesture and takes back the cherry blossom.

"Thank you," she says with a hint of suspicion.

You introduce yourself and learn that her name is Bao-Bao.

Although you don't wish to disturb her further, for some reason you don't feel ready to leave. You'd set out to find the owner of the flower, and although you've solved the mystery, some uncertainty still pulls at you. You decide to ask Bao-Bao why she's on the road.

"I am traveling as a representative of my family and village in hopes to establish amiable relationships with towns beyond."

The silence returns. You realize her gaze is locked on the large campfire, where all of the travelers and townsfolk rejoiced in their raucous storytelling. You can't help but stare at Bao-Bao as she stares at the town, trying to decipher her stoic expression─was it disgust? Disappointment? Despair? You strangely doubt that it's indifference.

After a short while, she looks down at the flower you returned to her, and slowly curls her paw around it. Perhaps realizing you aren't going to leave, she turns to you.

"May I ask you something?"

Although you've only known her for a few minutes, you can tell this hesitant softness in her voice is a rarity. You nod your head with what you hope is an encouraging smile.

"Have you ever given up your own happiness for someone else's?"

Prompt: Has [your Kalon] ever given up their own happiness for someone else's?

You may enter with either writing or art, not both.
Writing entries must be minimum 250 words, maximum 850 words.
Art entries must be at least a clean, recognizable sketch. No comics or animations.
Ends when CS rolls over from the 17th to the 18th.

Go Back
Last edited by Lillybear on Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lillybear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Prompt 7 ─ Happiness [OPEN]

Postby PleaserOfCrowds » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:02 pm

“Yes.. yes I have. Many times,” Cenere’s lonely expression suggested a lot of things but in his eternal life, he’d experienced a lot of things beforehand. He was no stranger to this, he sadly remembered. “It was for the best, after all.”

In his youth, he had somehow found multiple potions of immortality, which on a dare he stole many vials for his friends to take. Unfortunately the owner of such a place took notice, and without hesitation he was hexed. Cenere woke up shortly after, unaware of the effects. Simply like that, his life seemingly went back to normal.

Like anyone at the time, he fell in love at the same time as his friends and he’d even gotten married to an old crush of his, but as time went on it seemed like he never aged past a young adult, even when his friends were now considered elders in the small village he lived. Even his mate was old, while he was stuck, perhaps forever as a young adult.

“She was on her deathbed, when I asked her to become like me, so we could stay together. Nearly everyone I knew before died, including my old friends. I offered to make her young again, just like old times. That we could relive the best parts of our lives once more, and that we’ll be happy if we had each other.

But... she said no.

She said she was tired and ready to accept her fate, which was well deserved considering how wonderful she was in my life at that point, even at my lowest points. I had no choice to respect her wishes, since the future held a lot of uncertainty. The last thing she said to me before passing on, was that I’ll eventually find someone else just like her to love, and she believed I could move on.

Once she was gone, I felt alone. I watched as my family got old and as generations passed, soon I was forgotten by a world I once knew like the back of my paw.

I built myself a new world for myself, unchanged by time. Many came to me, seeking to escape the harsh reality of the outside world, in which I was happy to oblige. But as time went on and they forgot who they were, one of them regained theirs accidentally and became angry with me, demanding that I stopped what I was doing. Although I didn’t want to believe it, I knew that I was in the wrong, for erasing not only pain, but the memories that made them, them. It was cruel, I realized. So, without warning I once again let them go, since there was no way they were going to stay, or visit at all after that point.”

He hesitates for moment, calming himself down for a moment, before his usual, solemn expression returns. “I have someone now, but I’m not sure how long it will last. Both of them are immortal like me, but... I don’t know how long they’ll stay. It’s selfish to expect them to stay forever... but I’m never ready for these types of things. I know they love me back, but what if they leave me behind?”

Cenere sighs, “I’m... really sorry about dumping all of this. I haven’t talked to anyone about this, since I’m sure they both have their own things to deal with. But, this has been the happiest I’ve felt in a long time, knowing that they can stay. I just wonder, if they both are the once who I’ll love once more...”

(600 words)
Last edited by PleaserOfCrowds on Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage ImageImageImage
────────────────────────────────────────────
♠They/It/Aer♥
────────────────────────────────────────────
Sig Pixels by Carpe. avatar by Skabeebo, chattamind, Jitsuemon, rabbitpulp, Belefur, and me
TH,FR,Artfight,Kals
PleaserOfCrowds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chickpea » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:05 pm

Last edited by Chickpea on Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chickpea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby black water » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:12 pm

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

basil stared at the kalon in front of him, then glanced away. he gave a slight nod. "well, kind of. it wasn't.. i don't really know. i guess it kind of was. it was a long time ago, though," he murmured, keeping his gaze away. "it was one of my friends. we were happy. you know. we liked to hang out a lot, relaxed, just messed around together. it was nice. and we were happy together," he recalled, telling the story to the other kalon.

"but, uh, i don't know how to say it lightly, but i was turned to a vampire and things kind of went downhill. i was miserable. it felt like something had left me. but i still stayed around my friend whenever i could. he was the only thing that really keep my mind off of everything and how horrible i felt. then he learned that i was a vampire, and he was scared of me. like, genuinely scared of me for it," baz continued, pausing for a moment. he always became a bit sadder when he told the story.

he cleared his throat before he began talking again. "we tried to hang out after that still. it was only a few days before i decided that i would break off the friendship, for his sake. i knew i was going to feel worse and regret it afterwards, but i would rather him be happy instead of scared of me. so i confronted him one day, and then we parted ways," he finished off. "the end. that's the story."

bao-bao looked to baz, her gaze remaining the stoic. "thank you for sharing with me."

baz just gave her a slight nod again. "yeah. no problem, i guess. i would have preferred to keep it to myself, but i trust you won't tell anyone, right?"

"right."

(309 words)
Last edited by black water on Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
x
x
x
x

baz, he/him || kals
ESFP
// sirbazicus ☄️🦋🌊
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
so stay with me
hold my hand
there's no need
to be brave

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
sig @ pawschamp
icon @ fūi

black water

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kolyakun » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:34 pm

anything to make papa proud of me for once | Koi
Last edited by kolyakun on Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

┍━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┑

Kolya ★ She/They ★ INFP

My Kalons

Artist for Kalons

sig art by sov25 on TH

┕━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┙
kolyakun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 【Wildfire】 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:15 pm

mark !
No longer active on this website.
【Wildfire】

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -pidge » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:19 pm

Its’ more like,, someone sacrificed their happiness for mine.

My whole childhood, it was just me and dad, I never new about my mother, but I new better than to asks, the mention of her orange him great sorrow.

While raising me, my father gave up a lot of thing in order to give me the best start in life, that is something I will never get to repay him.

When I became 10, I began helping dad at his little workshop to help contribute to my schooling fee’s. Not a day would go by without him saying “You’re my little angel.”

At 12, I developed a secret admiration for the circus, how I dreamed to swing from trapeze to trapeze, so high up nobody could bring me back down. My dad soon discovered this too, but continued to stay quiet. One night as I was drawing myself as a circus ring master, I heard the sound of a car break into our driveway. Who could it be? I curiously poked from the window. I did not recognise this man. My father went out to greet him while I stood my place and observed from a distance.

Thats when I noticed mums chested draws, being lifted into a large platform behind the vehicle. I ran out as fast as my stubby legs could carry me. I noticed dads watery eyes as him and the man break a handshake. “STOP!” I cry out. “Dad! He’s taking mums things!” I yell, I couldn’t let this happen. “I know” Dads response leaves me in utter shock.

I was infuriated. “Thats all we have left of her!” I scream as the man departs our house. I chase after him, but as his car turned the corner, he was out of sight. As I ran home, I kicked the door aside, steam practically coming from my ears. Dad took my hand and sat me down. “Son, please hear me out.” I stared at him my left eye twitching with rage. “I sold mums draws in order to pay for a circus school for you, I know that what she would’ve wanted,” My fists loosen and my anger slowly fades. “W-what?” I couldn’t comprehend what was happening. “Right now were not exactly wealthy, but I was determined that you get the same opportunities as everyone else, I want you to live your dream, your mother would’ve too.”

No words escaped. All I could do was lean forward and hug him dearly. I wish I could’ve told him how much that day meant for me…. But I guess I’m too late.
Last edited by -pidge on Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hey, im pidge/bee!
Feel free to message me, I don't bite!
(discord; pigeons.#4071)
Here are my kals]

-pidge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lorne_Purnima » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:33 pm

Yeah, about 70 years ago...
    {WIP :eyes:}
    ╔════════════════════════════╗
    Image .can i sleep yet?. || Kalons. || TH.
    ╚════════════════════════════╝
    Image╔═════════════════════════════╗
    Image Image Image Image
    Image Image Image

╚═════════════════════════════╝
Lorne_Purnima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chanhee. » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:58 pm

"Have I ever given up my own happiness for someone else's? Yeah, all the time. I don't argue with the people around me to make myself more comfortable, so I end up unhappy a lot of the time. One time specifically, though..."

Calcifer's hand twitches slightly as he crosses his arms, huffing in response to her question. He hadn't expected something like that to come from her, but it made sense, seeing as she was here on behalf of her village, not really of her own accord it seemed. With a shrug, he finally opens his mouth.

"I let my favourite person go. I miss him so... so much, I just didn't want him to despise me. He wanted adventure and danger, and I wanted him to be safe- somewhere I could watch him to make sure he didn't get hurt again. His name's Belial, and he works under a very dangerous man doing unnecessary work. There are easier ways to get information from people than getting into their personal space daily, where one wrong move and you're dead. I wanted to provide him with that life, where he wasn't struggling to get by and putting himself into constant danger, but... he would have hated me if I made him stay. Even now, when I see him he looks happy, and I hate that. I don't want him to be happy where he is, surviving. I want him to thrive."

"But- that's no longer any of my business, is it? It's sure as hell not yours, so... I'll be taking my leave. I hope you find more willing participants in your questionnaire."

Cali waves shortly before taking off to go rid himself of the memories brought up.
    [287]
Last edited by chanhee. on Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
chanhee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elliott. » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:05 pm

[ 346 words. ]
the kalon pondered the question for a second, thinking about the
question before shrugging, “i don’t think i have. many people
would probably bring up their children at this point, but i don’t
feel like my kids have made me any less happy than i was before
them. i believe they made me way happier than i was.” he paused
for a moment, a wistful smile pulling at his lips before he chuckled
quietly. “it hurt a bit when their mom left - but i don’t think it hurt
because she left. i think it hurt more that it hurt them, you know?
because when you love someone like you love your kid, you don’t
want them to hurt at all. you want them to enjoy life to the fullest
and not get down about any of the things in life. you want them to
be happy forever. and them not being happy was upsetting, you
know?” his eyes, full of adoration and fatherly love for his children
landed back on her, his smile still gentle and wistful. “i’d do
anything to keep them smiling.” his fingers intertwined with each
other, messing as he simply thought about his kids. “my son,
sekhmet, he’s a quiet kid. he likes to crochet and paint. he’s very
good at it, and the people who visit my resort love him.” carlos
laughed, shaking his head. “i have no idea how he was born so
quiet. both me and his mother are very... not quiet. we talk and
we socialize with strangers. but him, he won’t talk to anybody
unless he has to. he talks to customers and the cashiers at
grocery stores and his family, but that’s really it. but i still love
him despite it. and if that means always ordering for him at
restaurants, that’s a-okay!” he glanced at the watch on his wrist
before standing straight. “oh, shoot, i should probably get going.
thank you for talking to me, though,” he smiled, giving the other
kalon a little wave before turning on his heel and walking away.
elliott.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me