Prompt 6 - Missing and Forgotten / CLOSED

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Prompt 6 - Missing and Forgotten / CLOSED

Postby stan. » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:20 pm

As you approach the wagon, all you can see is someone peeking out of it. The inside is quite dark, and the face of the stranger is mostly illumiated by the halo on top of his head. Maybe that's why he doesn't care to have any light on.

He doesn't look too happy, but not sad either. Just kind of down.

"You are missing something in your life, correct?" His voice isn't mean, mostly curious. Hopeful, almost, as if he would get very excited if you said yes, "Your soul has a hole, that's not very good, and not very normal. I can help you figure it out."

He doesn't wait for you to answer, his mood seeming to pick up quickly the more he speaks, "Name's Acheron, but let's not lose time with introductions or handshakes, you are here for business, and as my client, I'll help you as swiftly as I can! Come now, think quickly! The sooner you recall things, the fresher they will be in your mind!"

Maybe there was a reason why other people didn't get too near this wagon before.

ILLU wrote:
    For this prompt tell me, "What do you miss?"

Either because you lost it, or because you no longer have it or because some other reason.
    Be it someone, something or somewhere, with how excited he is, I doubt he'll care which is it.

Who knows, maybe he can actually tell you what your life is missing.

Closed at 0:25 cs time
Last edited by stan. on Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Prompt 6 - Missing and Forgotten / OPEN

Postby Nex » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:06 pm

Castiel’s eyes narrowed.
    “What do I miss?” He stammered. “I don’t know.”
    He ran his fingers through his hair, a nervous tick of his. The question was a tough one. He had expected a, well, simpler question.
    He sighed, realizing what the answer was to the deep question.
    “I miss my childhood. Like really miss it. I hate being a adult.”
    Castiel shook his head, “You wouldn’t get it. You seem to be content with what you have got. I am not, and I doubt I ever will be.”
    Castiel continued, his tone sharpening, “Everyone around me has the perfect family. A mother, a father, a sister, and a brother. In front of them on a lead would be a happy, tag-wagging, dog.
    That’s how my childhood was. I mean, not exactly but you get my point. I was negligent as a child, and that’s what made me happy.”
    Castiel wiped his face with his sleeve. It was wet. He didn’t notice that he was crying, when did that begin?
    Castiel’s face became hot. He was tough, he didn’t cry in front of others. What had come over him? His head turned back towards the stranger.
    “Was I right? Was that what I was missing?”
    Castiel paused and pursed his lips. He studied the expression of the stranger. It was a combination of sadness and curiosity. Castiel couldn’t put his finger on what kind of emotion the stranger was feeling.
    “That wasn’t it, was it?” Castiel finally broke the silence.
    “Tell me now, what am I missing?”

[ 257 Words ]
Last edited by Nex on Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
hi call me trash,
rodents are my passion

Nex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PleaserOfCrowds » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:08 pm

For Enigma, there was perhaps thousands of things they could miss. It was all gone in an instant after all, but most of the time, they were too tired to bother recalling it. By everything, it was everything from family, friends, identity, their own name and any impact they previously had was wiped completely from history itself.

Perhaps that was why they were perpetually drained, devoid of emotion other than the occasional overwhelming feelings that they could put to mind. But, Acheron’s question did make them think a bit. Usually any form of communication was lost due to how quickly they jumped through time, space, reality, and even dimensions, but Enigma figured they could think over the question since it seemed they had time. Furthermore, Enigma felt that they were regaining their strength just enough to stay in one place.

When they thought about their forgotten memories, it came back into place, piece by piece. Their early childhood, their original name, the day where they tore open reality with a malfunctioning machine. When the universe couldn’t understand the paradoxical machine, it instead interpreted Enigma as something that shouldn’t exist, so it tried to erase them. Problem was, it only doomed them to wander all of eternity with their existence torn apart as they collided with reality after reality. Enigma defied all of laws of the universe, but it meant they couldn’t interact with anyone in a way that had an impact, nor would anyone remember them. Occasionally, they would sometimes meet with old friends that never knew them and neither would Enigma know until they found the energy to. Anything remembered would be gone in a second, and Enigma knew that. They missed everything truthfully, but they were often too tired to think of much about it. Everything that had existed was now gone, now merely left as a paradox. Sometimes, they would think the memories were fake, but it seemed all too real to be true.

With their waning energy, Enigma’s mind raced as their surroundings started to distort in their mind. What had seemed like an eternity to Enigma was only a few minutes to Acheron, and they knew they needed to say something, fast. They could feel themselves being ripped from this dimension, to the next.

“Proof... proof of my existence!” Enigma pleaded. “Proof that I was real...”

Soon after, there was nothing that suggested that the pink Kalon was there, just as Enigma’s mind faded to black once more.

[413 words]
Last edited by PleaserOfCrowds on Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage ImageImageImage
────────────────────────────────────────────
♠They/It/Aer♥
────────────────────────────────────────────
Sig Pixels by Carpe. avatar by Skabeebo, chattamind, Jitsuemon, rabbitpulp, Belefur, and me
TH,FR,Artfight,Kals
PleaserOfCrowds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby black water » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:28 pm

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

"what do i miss? oh, that's a long list. i can give you the shorter, summarized version, though," marcello informed. acheron just nodded in reply. marcello took that as his cue to begin telling him what it was that he missed.

marcello took in a deep breath before he began. why was he choosing to spill everything to some random person he just met? he didn't know himself. "who i used to be. i miss being so carefree and doing whatever i wanted to. i used to not care about anything i did or how it might affect something. but now? i'm too caught up in everything and i'm so paranoid that i can barely do anything," he explained. he rubbed his arm slightly and cast his gaze towards the ground. he shook his head slightly to himself.

"there's so much that i want to do, but i just can't, because i hold myself back every single time. i keep striving for success because i feel the need to make everyone around me happy and proud before i think about myself," he continued. "i didn't used to do that before. before, i didn't care what everyone else thought. i didn't care if i was making other people proud. now, that's all i can seem to think of." he scratched the back of his neck, unsure if he should continue or not. acheron just gave him a slight, encouraging nod.

marcello started again once more. "i'm so worried about everything and everyone that i just can't seem to get my head clear for just one second. i really, really miss everything about the past. everyone always tells me that i can't hang on to the past, but why can't i? i want to hang on to it so that i have just some sense of peace at least once in my lifetime," he stated, clenching his fists. he exhaled, calming himself down slightly. "sorry. i didn't think i'd get so.. i don't know, defensive about that." acheron waved it off, seeming unbothered by his small outburst.

"sometimes people just need to get things off their chest," acheron assured.

marcello sighed. "yeah. i guess you're right. i just hope one day i can let go of everything and i can just be carefree once again."

(383 words)
Last edited by black water on Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
x
x
x
x

baz, he/him || kals
ESFP
// sirbazicus ☄️🦋🌊
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
so stay with me
hold my hand
there's no need
to be brave

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
sig @ pawschamp
icon @ fūi

black water

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thani » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:38 pm

Sitting atop a tall tower was a young woman, head in hand and looking out the window at her new life.
She wasn't exactly locked up, nor was she under heavy guarding. No, she could freely go wherever she wanted..it was part of the deal she made with them when she first arrived. No matter she would rather sit in her tower, and wallow in her own self pity. She missed home so much. The sunlight on her skin, the grass beneath her feet..things she never payed much attention to were the things she now missed and longed for the most.

A young alien knocked on her door, sending her out of her thoughts. "The general is asking for you." She spoke out, lingering in the doorway, her tall form easily overshadowing her own.
"Tell her if she needs me she can come to me." She snapped, a hint of sadness in her voice.
"Okay...she won't like that you know.." The younger alien faltered a bit, hanging around a bit afraid to report back that the generals new 'Pet' was disobeying her orders.
"Funnily enough I don't care." she sighed, still not moving an inch from her spot by the window.

The younger alien was named F'lamore, and she was one of the kinder souls who had come to visit Juno after her capture. It was almost like she kind of understood how she felt...but maybe not, because how could she.
"Look...Locking yourself up isn't going to make this any better. This is your life now. Best to just make the best of it." She went to close the door. "I'll tell the general you aren't feeling well... better that than the alternative." And with that she left, leaving juno alone again with her thoughts.

Her thoughts of home. Her thoughts of her old life. The only ting she longed for, the one thing she missed.
Last edited by Thani on Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
└───────┘
░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░
░░░░░░
░░░░░░

──── 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑
text text text text text text text text text text text

░░░░░░░░
░░░██░░░
░░░██░░░
░░░██░░░
░░░░░░░░
𝚊 𝚜𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚘𝚏 ──
link link link link link link link
link link link link link link link
credit for pix. / credit for font
credit for code / credit for art

─── statuses ───
xdiscord: pudgator.
xdms: open/closed
xplaying:xxxxGW2
xtoyhouse:xxPudgator
xlink here:xxxword
xcode by:xxxfaelyn

─────────── 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 !

Thani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lorne_Purnima » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:53 pm

Gabriel would let out a small huff as he heard Acherons question, "that seems a bit personal don't you think?" he would ask as if he expected an answer but it would be followed with a sigh when his question is met with silence and the man's eyes trained on him waiting for his answer. "Tch, I guess all these questions have been kind of personal, weird bunch of people..." Gabriel would lean against the man's caravan with his arms crossed, getting somewhat comfortable though also using it as a moment to think before answer. "I miss my father, or at least the man I called my father, see I was an orphan and mostly just a street rat as a kid. I rathered be on the streets than the orphanage so that's where I was, I fought, lied, and stole everything I needed or wanted, it wasn't a great life but honestly, I didn't hate it, it was my life." He would nod to himself as if reassuring himself that what he was saying was true, "I lived like that for most of my childhood into my early teens, so like I said I stole stuff in order to survive, well, I would mostly steal from people, you know, pickpocket and some such. When I didn't get cash from them I'd get items, watches, phones, stuff like that, and I'd take those to this little pawnshop I knew of. I had heard from other people that they didn't ask many questions when you sold stuff to them so I'd take all my items to them to sell off for cash. Well, turns out some of the people I would pickpocket worked for the mod that ran to my piece of the city, I didn't know that at the time of course" he would let out a chuckle as he thought about it "If they looked like an easy target I'd go for them, anyway, turns out that the pawnshop I'd go to was run by that very same mob and some of those watches were pretty recognizable amongst other members." Gabriel would shake his head a bit "I know all that now, of course, I was a kid going it alone so I wasn't really the smartest. Anyway, without getting into the nitty-gritty, they ended up catching me, basically, they had decided they had enough of some kid stealin from them and when I next came in they ambushed me and dragged me kicking and screaming straight to their boss." He would let out another chuckle and smirk a bit thinking about it, "I was terrified at the time but I wasn't gonna let them know that so when I was in front of this mob boss he asks me 'just who do you think you are?' and my smartass puts on the cockiest tone I can muster and goes 'the kid who's been nicking all those nice watches from your idiot men'." He would take a moment to laugh much harder "He got all quiet for a moment I thought I was a dead man but I was like, hey, at least I didn't go out with my tail between my legs, but after a minute he just starts laughing and laughing, I mean he has to take a minute to catch his breath he's laughing so hard and I'm just standing there quietly laughing too cause I don't know what the hell he's gonna do when he finishes. After he caught his breath he just goes 'you're a real comedian kid, better comedian than you are a thief, why're you stealing from my men?' so I explain and he went all quiet and again I thought I was a dead man but after what felt like an eternity he tells me that I have to pay him back." Gabriel would shake his head again "Which was a total sham if you ask me, I was giving his stuff back to him really... but I guess they were paying me for it, either way, I figured it was better than ending up at the bottom of the bay so I agreed. He lived in a big place with his own family and I ended up moving in so he could 'keep an eye on me'." He would roll his eyes a bit "I was wary of it at first but hey, it was nicer than the streets and also when a mod boss tells you that you're doing something, you sure as hell are doing it. I started doing work and he started teaching me... basically everything I know now." For the first time Gabriel would frown a bit "But overlooked me when he stepped down, gave the position to one of his biological kids. I was so angry I ended up leave and starting my own gang and... well that's it's own thing really, but since it all went down the old man kicked the bucket and I... wasn't there... I really wish I was but I wasn't and I miss him every day for it." Gabriel would look at Acheron "There you have it, happy kid?"
    {860}
Last edited by Lorne_Purnima on Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    ╔════════════════════════════╗
    Image .can i sleep yet?. || Kalons. || TH.
    ╚════════════════════════════╝
    Image╔═════════════════════════════╗
    Image Image Image Image
    Image Image Image

╚═════════════════════════════╝
Lorne_Purnima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -pidge » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:22 pm

Last edited by -pidge on Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey, im pidge/bee!
Feel free to message me, I don't bite!
(discord; pigeons.#4071)
Here are my kals]

-pidge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✦ nemuri » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:28 pm

eyes averted, haruto could only purse their lips together tightly and stare down at their hands. they weren't the same hands they had years ago. these hands were pale, wispy, see-through; they weren't hands that belonged to a living being at all.

it made sense, however; they was dead. they've been dead for years, but even so, they couldn't help but miss the energy of life.

raising their head slowly, haruto shifted uncomfortably, feeling self-conscious as acheron seemed to burn a hole into his ghostly form. "i ... i miss being alive. i miss being human. i miss being able to take enjoyment in just breathing, feeling the night's air run through my hair, in wandering alone on a street at dusk."

a wry and telling smile made its place to haruto's lips. they had half the mind to just turn tail and leave, but acheron would probably notice; after all, it wasn't every day that one could see a ghost, but once a ghost is seen, they can't disappear all that easily. as such, they could only continue to talk. "it may seem weird, but i actually didn't get to enjoy much of life before i died. i was experimented on and turned into a war machine by the hands of alice and the decaying angels, but with the help of a ... passed friend, i managed to escape."

their thin voice caught at the mention of their friend, and haruto let out a shaky exhale. "damn it all ... no longer how long it's been, i just can't escape from my past, huh? even when i finally experienced the pleasure of flying, the pain of losing more people close to me has taken such a deep root in my heart that i can't do anything more except for just living. i don't want to implicate anyone else ... and i guess that in my current state, there's not much i can do to those still living. i'm a ghost now.

"it'd be nice if i could just disappear into nothingness so that i can finally leave everything behind me, but i suppose that i have far too much regret to be letting go of the world.

"maybe ... maybe if rebirth exists, i can finally live out my days just like how i had always imagined, away from people who are out to get me, away from the things that haunt me, away in peace. like that, i wouldn't have to miss living anymore."

with a breath of a sigh, haruto closed their eyes and smiled one last time at acheron. then, they started to make their way to the closest shadow, and then, they were gone.
✦ nemuri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chanhee. » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:59 pm

"I miss home."

There's not a moment's pause before Desirae answers, looking Acheron in the eye. "I know that sounds edgy and like I'm trying too hard, but I'm not... from here, and I miss the people I knew before taking this mission."

Rae knows it's not the best idea to tell a stranger about himself, but after several years on Earth, he can't bring himself to care.

"I come from a planet a couple solar systems away. Vesania is what it's called. It's bright and colourful and the people there will treat you like family even if you've never met them before. They care so much less about presentation and backgrounds than humans here do. You could tell them you were wanted in several countries and they'd ask if you wanted to cause them harm. If not, they'd offer housing and care until you wanted to leave. Everyone was self-sufficient with gardens and wells and power they controlled with ease... It's so much different from Earth, and I can't go back."

"I was sent here as a rescue mission for several ships that had either crashed here or been brought down, and I can feel my people here, but I can't pinpoint where they are. They're deep in the earth and as hard as I try I can't find them. I think, even if I could, I'd just end up with them down there. I don't know what they're going through but I can feel their pain, something I didn't have to deal with back on Vesania. I want to find them and I want to go home if it's the last thing I do."
    [276]
Last edited by chanhee. on Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chanhee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kolyakun » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:03 pm

Last edited by kolyakun on Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

┍━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┑

Kolya ★ She/They ★ INFP

My Kalons

Artist for Kalons

sig art by sov25 on TH

┕━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┙
kolyakun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes