Sprig Cervids || Herd Registry

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Sprig Cervids || Herd Registry

Postby Placebo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:20 pm

Main || Genesis || Herd Registry || Fairy Well || Nursery || Growths/Transfers || Genetics || Archives/Banks || Store || Discussion/Discord
Artist Search

HERD REGISTRY

So! You've got your first deer, congratulations! Now that you have your Genesis,
you have the option of keeping them alone (but who wants that?) or registering
them so they (and you) can start building a herd! Don't fret; registering your
herd has no effect on your herd's dynamics. If your Genesis wishes to pass the
leader mantle onto another deer, then they're more than welcome to. Much
like the first student in the classroom, your Genesis doesn't have to be the face
of your herd. But they definitely can be.

How do I register my preliminary herd?

Well, that's simple! All you have to do is draw or write about your Genesis deer. The art has to be at least a colored headshot of your deer, or the writing has to be at least 200 words relating in some way to your Genesis deer. Stumped on what to write about? Try writing about your deer's first day in the Boundless Forest, or their interactions with another creature! Otherwise, it's up to you! If you wish to do more beyond the minimum requirement, we definitely encourage you to do so! You may be rewarded for your efforts.

What does registering my herd do?

Registering a herd opens you up to adopting more deer! As of right now, herds are limited to up to 10 deer with an option to expand, but that doesn't mean that you have to adopt 10 deer! However, if you wish to adopt more than 10 deer, you must either register another herd or expand your current herd.
Last edited by Placebo on Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Forms and Monthly Judging

Postby Placebo » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:38 am

REGISTRY FORMS

---Please remember to delete everything in the brackets! Put 'N/A' for anything you do not need to or wish to fill out.--

Registering Your First Herd

Code: Select all
[center][b][u]I want to register my first herd[/u]![/b][/center]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Link to Genesis Deer:[/b] [The first deer you obtained]
[b]Herd Name:[/b]
[b]Herd Storage Link:[/b] [Optional]
[b]Requirement:[/b] [1 colored headshot or 200 words at minimum]
[b]Do you want your requirement to be judged in the monthly competition?:[/b]

Expanding a Herd

[center][b][u]I want to expand a herd![/u][/b][/center]
[b]Link to past registered herds:[/b] [Please INDIVIDUALLY link to all of your herd registers in the HERD REGISTRY, not your storage link!]
[b]Herd you want to expand:[/b] [Please include the storage link if you have one!]
[b]Requirement:[/b] [Check the below requirements for the minimum!]

Registering Another Herd

[center][b][u]I want to register another herd![/u][/b][/center]
[b]Link to past registered herds:[/b] [Please INDIVIDUALLY link to all of your herd registers in the HERD REGISTRY, not your storage link!]
[b]Herd Name:[/b]
[b]Herd Storage Link:[/b] [Optional]
[b]Requirement:[/b] [Check the below requirements for the minimum!]

Herd Amendment Form

[center][b][u]I want to change something about one of my herds![/u][/b][/center]
[b]What do you want changed?:[/b] [Which herd do you want changed, what links do you want updated, etc.]
[b]Old Name/Link/Etc.:[/b]
[b]New Name/Link/Etc.:[/b]

---------------------------------------------------

MONTHLY JUDGING

Going above and beyond the requirements for registering herds is commonly rewarded! If the staff sees that considerable effort and/or quality is shown in fulfilling requirements (as in, you go way beyond what we initially ask of you) you have the chance of obtaining a custom voucher to redeem in the store and request a custom-made Sprig (certain limits still apply!) Each month (every two-four weeks or so) register forms are looked through, and the judges (can be any available staff) can award UP TO four users within two different categories- Art or Writing. If there are enough registers, up 2 custom vouchers are awarded to two separate art entries, and up to 2 custom vouchers are awarded to two separate writing entries every few weeks. Please note that there may be months where no custom vouchers are given out!

It will take longer to judge writing entries, and awarding custom vouchers may be delayed because of this! If you do not wish for your requirement to be judged, please state 'no' in your form. Ordered art/Gift art cannot be judged in this mini-competition.

Next Judging: -----

Past Winners: [will link to staff postings]
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Registry Requirements

Postby Placebo » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:40 am

REQUIREMENTS

Before you can register your herd(s), you must show a "fee" of sorts to have your form approved. It's the bureaucracy, you all know how it is. But, this payment doesn't require any currency-- it instead requires you to draw or write about one or more of your deer!

Art must show visible effort in coloring and the deer in the art MUST be recognizable, but lines do not have to be completely clean nor are you restricted to one drawing style; traditional art is also allowed. Writing must also show visible effort and isn't restricted to one style-- the writing can be a story, personality snippet, history summary, or even a collection of poems about your deer! Anything you can think of, it will most likely fill the requirements.

Please note that you aren't restricted to the minimum requirements! We definitely encourage going beyond the minimum, but it isn't required.

2 colored headshots = 1 colored fullbody

---------------------------------------------------

1st Herd

1 colored headshot OR 200 words

Additional Herds/Expansions

+1 colored headshot OR +200 words

Annexed to the initial requirement of 1 headshot/200 words; the minimum requirement compounds linearly.

Example: 3rd overall herd/2nd overall expansion to any herd you own = 3 colored headshots OR 600 words MINIMUM to register the 3rd herd/2nd overall expansion

Max Minimum Requirement

6 colored headshots OR 1200 words

For each subsequent expansion/registry past 6, the minimum requirement caps at 6 colored headshots or 1200 words for your form to be accepted.
Last edited by Placebo on Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FAQ

Postby Placebo » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:54 am

FAQ

As this section is lengthy, please use 'Ctrl F' if you are looking for a specific keyword.

Can we reuse art or writing?

Please do not! Every writing and/or art requirement must be unique from your past registers.

Can we order/use gifted art for the minimum requirements?

Yes, but you MUST give credit to the original artist, and ordered/gifted art cannot be entered into the monthly judging for a chance at a custom voucher. Writing cannot be ordered and must be original and BY YOU/partially by you.

Can we use roleplay posts to fulfill the writing requirement?

Yes, but the minimum word counts still apply. Please link all necessary roleplay posts (made by YOU) and write the total word count. Please remember the rp posts need to relate in some way to one or more of your deer!

Can we collaborate on art or writing?

For simplicity's sake for the moment, the answer is no (beyond rps). Your registry's submission must be unique from someone else's.

Do we have to be good at art or writing to register a herd?

Not at all! All we ask is that visible effort is shown in the art, or even in the writing. A five-minute scribble will not be accepted, and if we start seeing multiple cases of poor quality art, we will enact more stringent requirements.

Can we do BOTH writing and art the minimum requirements?

For simplicity's sake (as of right now), you can only use one or the other per form to fulfill the registry requirement. You're welcome to link both writing and art, but you MUST tell us which one you want us to consider. We thank you for going above and beyond, however!

Are there limits to what my herd's name can be?

Yes, for the moment; we require herd names to start with a letter, but the rest can be a string of numbers if you wish. Symbols not found on a traditional keyboard are not allowed as well, so things like ASCII symbol diamonds (♦) or hearts (♥) are not allowed, but a '<3' heart within the herd name is acceptable. So, 'F2398' or 'Marsh Serenity<3' are both acceptable names for herds, but '~Lost Tracks~' or '86Herbs' are not. Additionally, your herd name cannot be too long-- if there's an issue with the length of your herd name, we'll ask you to abridge it.

Can my herd's name be the same as someone else's?

Yup! But, we somewhat caution you to choose a unique name for your herd so it can be searched for more easily within the archives.

Can I name multiples of my herds the same name?

Nope! For a unique account, all of your herds need to have unique names, but they can be similar if you wish. If you want your deer to fall under the same herd name, please just apply for a herd expansion.

Do I NEED to have a thread/website to store my herd?

Not necessarily, but it definitely helps to do so and we strongly recommend it! Having a storage area for your deer (and register requirements) allows for easy access to information in order to register more deer. We also strongly recommend that you keep your storage place updated should you choose to have one. Within the archives, if you link a storage area, we do add it to the archives and recognize it.

Can I change my storage site/link to a new location?

Of course! Simply let us know here when you wish to amend a herd storage link or change the name of a herd. Two or more herds THAT YOU OWN can also link to the same storage area or website, but they don't have to.

Are there any extra requirements for registering more herds?

Unfortunately (or fortunately, however you want to view it), yes, there are. For each new herd registered, you must draw +1 colored headshot of one (or more) of your deer in (one of) your current herds or write +200 words about them. So, in order to register your 3rd herd, you must either draw 3 colored headshots (or the equivalent) of one (or more) of your deer or write at least 600 words about one or more of your herd members. However, these minimums cap at 6 colored headshots (or the equivalent) or 1200 words minimum for each new herd, so don't fret about the minimums going up into infinity!

Whats the difference between a second herd and a herd expansion?

Not much! Whether you decide to create another herd or expand your current herd is entirely up to you because they essentially do the same thing. The distinction is only in place for your own canon purposes. If your herd's storyline requires you to have an expanded herd, there's an option for that, but if you'd wish to keep your current herd at 10, you can register a second herd and give that second herd a name as well! Registering or expanding have the same minimum requirements and add another 10 deer to your adoption limit.

Is there a limit to herd expansions?

As of right now, yes; herds can only be expanded up to two times, so the largest a herd can get is 30 deer in total. This has no effect on your overall count, since you could easily have twice as many deer interspersed in other herds!

Is there a limit to how many herds I can register?

As of right now, no. So long as you can handle 70 deer, you can own 70 deer. Just be mindful of what you have to do in order to gain another herd!

Do I have to have 10 deer in order to apply for another herd/expansion?

Not at all! You can apply for a herd expansion or register another at any time, but expansions are limited to two per herd.

Can I expand past herds?

Of course, but since herd expansions and new herd registries have the same requirements, expanding a past herd would have the same requirements as registering another herd that would grant you that same limit of deer. So, if you have two herds that are both at 10 deer, and you wish to expand your first herd, that expansion would be the same as registering a third herd. You would need either draw 3 headshots (or equivalent) or write 600 words about one or more of your deer.

Can I share a herd with another user?

For archiving purposes, officially sharing a herd with another user is filed under co-owning and is therefore prohibited. However, this doesn't mean that you aren't allowed to share herds in headcanoning or roleplay, and you can also create coalitions between herds! They just won't be officially recognized in the archives and have no bearing on the official status of the herd.

Are deer always attached to the herd they're placed in?

Within personal lore and personal canon, not at all! The herds are used officially as an archiving tool, so if you wish for your deer to switch between your herds in your own storyline, then you're more than welcome to. Within the official archive, however, a deer must be filed under a herd and will stay there unless they are gifted or readopted. In that case, within the new deer's home, they are put in the first open slot of a user's latest deer herd, or whichever herd they indicate.
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me