redwood valley combined training association

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

What feature to work on for RVCTA next?

Future Event Horse (yearling through age 4)
29%
FEI levels (1*-3* for now, maybe 4* and 5* later)
14%
Dressage only divisions
14%
Combined test divisions (dressage and stadium)
No votes
Derby divisions (dressage and combined stadium and cross-country)
14%
Quests
29%

Total votes : 7

redwood valley combined training association

Postby caf. » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:28 am

REDWOOD VALLEY COMBINED TRAINING ASSOCIATION
Home - Rules - Horses - Competitions - Entries - Leaderboard - Adopt - Perks - Roleplay - FAQ
RVEC Home

Welcome to RVCTA! We are a society of horse riders, owners, breeders, and trainers who all share the same passion for eventing and the horses that love doing it. Our mission here at RVCTA states the following:

We advocate for the welfare of our horses and the safety of our riders.
We support our volunteers, coaches, grooms, and fellow riders in times of need.
We keep the sport of eventing a safe, secure, and fun place for riders and horses of all backgrounds.

RVCTA is a diverse and exciting community with a variety of programs to offer to its members. If you’d like to join, please read below on how to do so.

How to Join
Joining RVCTA comes in two parts; registering
yourself as a member, and registering a horse.
Registering yourself is free; all you need to do is
complete the first form and submit it in this topic,
and you will be registered as an owner. As an
owner, you have full access to all of the programs
RVCTA has to offer. You do not need to own any
registered horses initially to become an owner.

Once you are a member, you may sign up an
unlimited number of horses. There are no rules as
to which horses may or may not be registered; any
horse, regardless of age, breed, discipline, or
color may register. You are welcome to submit
horse registration forms with your own. Complete
the second form in order to register a horse.
Forms

Owner Registration

Code: Select all
[center][b]I am registering as an owner in the
[u]RVCTA[/u]![/b][/center]

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]

Horse Registration

[center][b]I am registering a horse in the
[u]RVCTA[/u]![/b]

[b]Barn:[/b]
[b]Horse:[/b] (link please)[/center]
Last edited by caf. on Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:09 am, edited 24 times in total.
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

rules

Postby caf. » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:37 am

Home - Rules - Horses - Competitions - Entries - Leaderboard - Adopt - Perks - Roleplay - FAQ
RVEC Home

RULES

1. Follow all RVEC rules; disobedience of these can result in a permanent ban.
    2. Horses may enter up to one RVCTA horse trial each cycle; these trials do not count towards the RVEC limit on showing.
    3. Players suspected of fraud regarding bonuses given out by the association may be subject to investigation and termination of registration.
    4. The RVCTA topic is for discussions regarding the association and its horses only - please keep personal chatter outside of the topic.
    5. We accept members and horses alike of all backgrounds and do not tolerate discrimination of any sort.
    6. Horses may enter trials at any level up to the level they currently qualify for.
    7. Please limit advertisement submissions to 100 words per advertisement.
    8. Please do not respond to advertisements in this thread.

Last edited by caf. on Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:11 am, edited 12 times in total.
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

horses

Postby caf. » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:48 am

RVEC Home

Registered Owners & Horses

Owners

BlurryRoses (Midnight Hills)

caf. (Cavallo Stables)

caf. (Crestwood Estate)

OutFoxed (Foxtail Stables)

♥rose♥ (Rose Crest Stables)

Sandy Hoofprints (Silver Sea Stables)

ThatEventingPaint (Daisy Stone Stables)
Last edited by caf. on Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:25 am, edited 36 times in total.
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

competitions

Postby caf. » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:07 am

RVEC Home

Competition Information

RVCTA holds horse trials at five levels for all registered horses. As the levels rise, so do the prizes offered to winning horses - and the difficulty of each phase of competition. In order to be eligible, your horse must be registered with the RVCTA, have the appropriate tack for all three phases of competition, and be between the ages of 5 and 25.
Uniquely, RVCTA competitions can run with as little as one entered player horse. How? If a competition has less than six horses entered, the rest of the ranks will be filled with randomly selected horses from the AI bank. The number of training points these horses have depends on the difficulty of the competition.
Aside from the lowest level, each level of competition has certain prerequisites that must be met; this is to promote the safety and gradual training of competing horses. If you are unsure if your horse qualifies for a certain level, check the qualifications sheet to see if your horse is eligible.
Read on to discover each level of competition!

Beginner Novice
Beginner Novice (BN) is the most basic recognized level of eventing, and the lowest level at RVCTA. The dressage test is exceedingly simple, and all jumping efforts are presented as simple and straightforward with a maximum fence height of 2'7". Filler horses at this level have 0 training points. There are no prerequisites to enter beginner novice competitions; however, horses that have qualified for the Intermediate (I) level are ineligible to compete at beginner novice. Horses aged 4-25 are eligible to compete.

Novice
Novice (N) is designed as a more introductory level to competitive eventing. There are generally few difficult questions on the cross-country course, often including simple ditches, banks, drops, and water elements, and a maximum fence height of 2'11". Filler horses at this level have 0 training points. There are no prerequisites to enter novice competitions, and most horses at RVCTA begin at novice provided they did not qualify for training or preliminary through RVEC shows. As well, horses over the age of 22 are ineligible to compete for safety reasons.

Training
Training (T) raises the difficulty of novice without increasing the course length. The questions tend to be increasingly difficult, and the maximum fence height jumps to an imposing 3'3". Filler horses at this level have 15 training points. In order to qualify for the training level, a horse must complete the novice trial twice. If a horse wins an RVEC schooling horse trial, they automatically qualify for the training level. As well, horses over the age of 22 are ineligible to compete for safety reasons.

Modified
Modified (M) is designed as a stepping stone between training and preliminary, since many horses struggle to bridge this gap. There are generally a mixture of training and preliminary cross-country fences topping out at 3'5". Filler horses at this level have 23 training points. The prerequisites for the modified level are the same as those for the preliminary level. Modified is not a necessary level in a horse's training progression, and many owners choose to forgo competing at modified in order to advance faster. Horses over the age of 22 are ineligible to compete for safety reasons.

Preliminary
Preliminary (P) prepares a horse for international competition with a lengthy and difficult course including large drops and fences topping out at 3'7". Filler horses at this level have 30 training points. In order to qualify for the preliminary level, a horse must complete the training trial twice. If a horse wins an RVEC regional horse trial or places third or higher an RVEC futurity in either dressage, jumpers, or cross-country, they automatically qualify for the preliminary level. As well, horses over the age of 22 are ineligible to compete for safety reasons.

Intermediate
Intermediate (I) is close in form and function to the international CCI* competitions - it is a very difficult level with extremely challenging questions and a tiring course along with a raised jump height of 3'9". Filler horses at this level have 45 training points. In order to qualify for the intermediate level, a horse must place third or higher at a preliminary trial on top of completing three preliminary horse trials, including the qualifying horse trial. If a horse wins an RVEC invitational horse trial, they automatically qualify for the intermediate level. As well, horses over the age of 19 and horses that are disqualified from invitationals are ineligible to compete for safety reasons.

Advanced
Advanced (A) is the highest level of RVCTA competition and a true test of a horse-and-rider pair's endurance, bravado, technicality, and heart with a staggering jump height of 3'11". Filler horses at this level have 60 training points. In order to qualify for the advanced level, a horse must place third or higher at an intermediate trial on top of completing three intermediate horse trials, including the qualifying horse trial. As well, horses over the age of 19 and horses that are disqualified from invitationals are ineligible to compete for safety reasons.
Last edited by caf. on Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:11 am, edited 18 times in total.
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

competition entries

Postby caf. » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:19 am

RVEC Home

Entry Fees

Beginner Novice: 75c
Novice: 150c
Training: 150c
Preliminary: 150c
Intermediate: 300c
Advanced: 300c

Prizes

Beginner Novice
1st: 500c + 15 training
2nd: 450c + 10 training
3rd: 250c + 5 training
4th: 150c + 3 training
5th: 75c

Novice
1st: 750c
2nd: 525c
3rd: 375c
4th: 250c
5th: 150c

Training
1st: 1,000c
2nd: 700c
3rd: 500c
4th: 300c
5th: 150c

Modified
1st: 1,125c
2nd: 825c
3rd: 625c
4th: 425c
5th: 200c

Preliminary
1st: 1,250c
2nd: 950c
3rd: 750c
4th: 550c
5th: 350c

Intermediate
1st: 1,750c
2nd: 1,400c
3rd: 1,050c
4th: 800c
5th: 500c

Advanced
1st: 2,500c
2nd: 2,050c
3rd: 1,550c
4th: 950c
5th: 650c
How To Enter
Entering RVCTA horse trials is easy - select the horse and level, fill out
the form, pay the entry fee and you're good to go! Please keep a few
things in mind, however:
Horses can enter at any level up to the one they are currently qualified
for. That is, a horse qualifying for preliminary can enter a novice horse
trial if the owner wishes, but they cannot enter an advanced horse trial.
Horses may only compete at ages four or older, and may not compete at
age 26 or older.
Horses may only enter one RVCTA horse trial at a time.
Barn bonuses do not apply at RVCTA shows.
Follow these guidelines, and your competition experience should be
easy and fun! In order to enter a horse in an RVCTA trial, fill out the
entry form and post it in this thread. Before you do, however, please
check that the competitions are currently open! Your entry will not count
if you enter too early or too late.
You are welcome to enter as many horses per division and in total as
you would like, provided you can afford the entry fees.

Current Competitions

This competition cycle is OPEN/CLOSED.
This competition cycle is open until: 10/21/18
The next competition cycle will open: 10/21/18

Entry Form

[b]Competition Entry[/b]

[b]Barn Name:[/b]

[b]Horse:[/b]
[b]Level:[/b]

[b]Total Entry Fees:[/b]
[b]Bank Account:[/b]
Last edited by caf. on Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:11 am, edited 15 times in total.
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

leaderboard

Postby caf. » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:57 pm

RVEC Home

High-Point Leaderboard
Here at RVCTA, we like to reward our highest-performing horses to celebrate the unique talents of event horses of all backgrounds. In each division, horses collect points based on their placing in each RVCTA-sponsored competition, and at the end of each season, prizes will be handed out to the champion and reserve champion of each division. The five champions will each walk home with 5,000c and a ribbon for their page, while the reserve champions receive a prize of 2,500c. Horses that win special awards will receive 1,250c.
Unlike some other disciplines, horses and riders compete as pairs at RVCTA. If a horse transfers owners, its points with the original owner will remain in place, and it will begin collecting new points under the name of the new owner. As such, it is possible for a horse to be on the leaderboard several times in the same division, each time with a different owner. Similarly, a horse may be on multiple leaderboards at once if it moves up through multiple divisions during the season.

CURRENT SEASON START DATE: 12/22/18
CURRENT SEASON END DATE: 3/16/19

Beginner Novice
Champion:
Reserve Champ:
3rd:
4th:
5th:

Modified
Champion: caf. & Sticks and Stones - 60
Reserve Champ: OutFoxed & Himmlischer Tanz - 35
3rd: caf. & CE Edge of the Water - 30
4th:
5th:

Advanced
Champion:
Reserve Champ:
3rd:
4th:
5th:
Training
Champion: Sandy Hoofprints & Mind Over Matter - 80
Reserve Champ: Sandy Hoofprints & Miss Affirmative - 60
3rd: OutFoxed & Ash Wine - 45
4th:
5th:

Intermediate
Champion: ♥rose♥ & Moonlit Waters - 80
Reserve Champ:
3rd:
4th:
5th:

Most Wins
Champion:
Reserve Champ:
3rd:
4th:
5th:
Novice
Champion: Sandy Hoofprints & Bronze Moon - 35
Reserve Champ:
3rd:
4th:
5th:

Preliminary
Champion: Sandy Hoofprints & Beat The Gun - 80
Reserve Champ: caf. & CE Riverside King - 45
3rd: caf. & CE Cutting Edge - 35
4th:
5th:

Most Points:
Champion:
Reserve Champion:
3rd:
4th:
5th:

Hall of Fame
Take a moment here to pause and recognize some of the greatest competitors this association has known; these horses serve as inspiration for all of our competitors and a testament to the passion and dedication of eventers across divisions. This hall of fame is updated at the end of each competition season.

Beginner Novice

Modified
Sticks and Stones, Cavallo Stables
    Fall 2018 Reserve Champion
Himmlischer Tanz, Foxtail Stables
    Fall 2018 Grand Champion

Advanced
-
-
Training
CE Sing It Sharp, Rose Crest Stables
    Fall 2018 Grand Champion

Intermediate
Moonlit Waters, Rose Crest Stables
The Dead Sea, Cavallo Stables
    Fall 2018 Grand Champion

Big Winner
Over and Out, Cavallo Stables
    Fall 2018 Grand Champion
Novice
DSS The 107th, Daisy Stone Stables LLC
Ash Wine, Foxtail Stables
    Fall 2018 Grand Champion

Preliminary
Moonlit Waters, Rose Crest Stables
The Winter Sea, Cavallo Stables
The Dead Sea, Cavallo Stables
    Fall 2018 Grand Champion

Overall High-Point
    Fall 2018 Grand Champion

Lowest Score, Beginner Novice:
Lowest Score, Novice: 22.74 penalties - Mind Over Matter, Silver Sea Stables, 12/3/18
Lowest Score, Training: 26.59 penalties - The Winter Sea, Cavallo Stables, 10/7/18
Lowest Score, Modified: 37.91 penalties - Himmlischer Tanz, Foxtail Stables, 12/22/18
Lowest Score, Preliminary: 25.01 penalties - Moonlit Waters, Cavallo Stables, 9/22/18
Lowest Score, Intermediate: 45.46 penalties - The Dead Sea, Cavallo Stables, 12/22/18
Lowest Score, Advanced:
Lowest Score, Overall: 22.74 penalties - Mind Over Matter, Silver Sea Stables, 12/3/18
Lifetime Wins: 4 - Over and Out, Cavallo Stables
Lifetime Points: 335 - Himmlischer Tanz, Foxtail Stables
Last edited by caf. on Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:34 am, edited 33 times in total.
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

adopt

Postby caf. » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:00 pm

RVEC Home

Adopt
RVCTA offers adopts regularly designed for the sport of eventing. As well, we track other adopts and comb for horses that would do well in the sport. Here, you can view pre-registered, buyback, and other available horses.
Last edited by caf. on Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:10 am, edited 11 times in total.
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

perks

Postby caf. » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:00 pm

RVEC Home

Perks
On this page you can view all the perks you can currently receive through RVCTA. Each perk contains within its description the information you need in order to redeem it for yourself or your horses!

Health Insurance
RVCTA provides free health insurance for all registered horses. Health insurance covers injuries sustained during competitions, ultrasounds, initial vet fees from breedings, and multiple tries for breedings. Currently horses can have up to 125c in coverage. In order to ensure your horse is covered, state in the show entry or breeding form in question your horse’s registry in the RVCTA.

Supplements
RVCTA offers three supplements to its registered horses for free. In order to redeem a supplement, quote the supplement you’d like to redeem and link to your horse’s registration form and/or the list of registered horses in a new post on your horse's page. Horses can take as many supplements as they would like. The following supplements are available:
    Hoof: Improve your horse’s ‘feet’ stat by 3 points
    Coat: Improve your horse’s ‘coat’ stat by 2 points
    Mare Trainability: Improve your mare's trainability by 3 points

Reduced Import Prices
If you are importing a horse specialized in eventing, note in your form that you are a registered owner with RVCTA and receive the import for only 2,500c!

Reduced AI Bank Prices
Breeding an RVCTA-registered mare to Foundation Stallion 2 at the AI Bank now only costs 1,250c! Simply state in your breeding form that the stallion is sponsored by RVCTA. This discount does not apply to any other stallions or mares at the AI Bank.

Mascots
Our mascots at RVCTA are Grace and Bravado, a mare and stallion pair with a great affinity for eventing. While these two are owned by the association and thus cannot be aged or trained, they are available free for breeding to any horses registered in the RVCTA. Additionally, both horses are available for breeding for 1,000c to non-registered members.

Free Tack
All horses that register that do not already have a full set of eventing tack will receive a set of tack in the RVCTA Novice colors (white with black accents) for free - a value of up to 475c! In order to redeem your free tackset, simply link this post in the field in which you’d otherwise put your bank account. However, tack in other colors is not covered due to low supplies.
Foals born to horses registered in RVCTA can win special sets of tack - tack that is colored to represent the level at which their parents topped out. If a foal has two registered parents at different levels, the foal will take on the colors of the higher-level parent. The colors are as follows:
    Training: Black with white accents
    Preliminary: Green with white accents
    Intermediate: Red with white accents
    Advanced: Blue with white accents
In order to redeem bloodline tack for a foal, it must be registered in the RVCTA and be under four years of age. Bloodline tack is free. Fill out the form below and post it in this thread before submitting your tack request on the RVEC main thread.
[center][b]Bloodline Tack[/b][/center]
[b]Foal[/b]: (link please)
[b]Dam[/b]: (link)
[b]Sire[/b]: (link)
Last edited by caf. on Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:10 am, edited 13 times in total.
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

roleplay

Postby caf. » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:01 pm

RVEC Home

STARTBOX

The Redwood Valley Combined Training Association is a recently-formed committee of trainers, breeders, riders, and stable owners with one trait in common; a passionate love for the grueling, high-stakes, exhilarating sport that is eventing. The members of RVCTA vary greatly in all aspects, but the Association aims to create a harmonic, encouraging environment in which all competitors and others involved in the sport can thrive. As one of the now-original members of the Association, you have the unique opportunity of setting the precedent for years to come. Befriend other competitors, form unique ties with other stables, ride hard at each and every show, and perhaps you'll become the face of the Association for years to come.

Enjoy writing, storytelling, and the sort of adventure that can only be had on the cross-country field? Join your fellow RVCTA members in an exciting roleplay reserved just for us! While it is certainly not required for members to participate, we highly encourage everybody, regardless of writing skill or experience, to explore the thread and get to know each character on a more personal level. We hope to see you there!

Last edited by caf. on Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:08 am, edited 7 times in total.
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

faq

Postby caf. » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:01 pm

RVEC Home

FAQ

What is eventing?
Eventing, also referred to as horse trials or occasionally the archaic term "combined training," is a three-phase test of a horse-and-rider pair's precision, agility, speed, strength, endurance, bravado, and heart. It is one of three Olympic equestrian sports and enchants competitors around the globe due to its thrilling difficulty. The eventing phases originated as a military test and later became an international phenomenon. In eventing, scores are calculated as penalty points against the pair; as such, a low score is best.
In the dressage phase of a horse trial, a pair is asked to perform a series of movements at the walk, trot, and canter on the flat, generally in a 20x40 or 20x60 meter arena. The dressage test emphasizes precision, strength, and tactful communication between rider and horse and at the highest levels can include difficult maneuvers such as the half-pass and the pirouette. Dressage is always the first phase of competition, and the dressage score is the base score off of which the pair's final score is built.
The cross-country phase of a horse trial is revered by many as the most exciting phase, and for good reason. In a cross-country test, a horse-and-rider pair navigates a winding track in an open field, often through wooded areas, conquering intimidating obstacles such as solid fences, ditches, drops, banks, and water complexes. The cross-country phase is a true test of speed and bravery, and mistakes in the cross-country field are the most heavily penalized of the three phases. Cross-country generally takes place after dressage, and is often in stark contrast as many riders choose to adorn themselves and their mounts with bright colors.
Stadium jumping is generally the final phase of a horse trial, designed originally to test whether a pair was still serviceable after a long, hard day of riding in the cross-country field. In the stadium, the pairs navigate a winding course of rail fences, often including very tight turns, large oxers, and a distracting environment, with the main focuses being on agility and speed. Stadium is less heavily penalized than cross-country, but it is still very important to perform well in order to achieve the best possible score.
At its highest levels, the vast majority of eventing horses are warmbloods and thoroughbreds, but a wide range of breeds can be seen performing with great success at trials. To read more about eventing, visit the following links:
Wikipedia
United States Eventing Association
International Equestrian Federation

Is RVCTA based off any real-world eventing associations?
The RVCTA derives its levels and high-point procedures from the United States Eventing Association (USEA), which encompasses thousands of eventing pairs around the country. The name and procedures, however, take after local associations such as the Greater Houston Combined Training Association (GHCTA) in hopes of presenting as a friendly and welcoming place for our members.

Do RVCTA competitions differ from RVEC horse trials?
RVCTA trials are based off the RVEC competitions, using many of the same calculations and forms. However, there are some notable differences. RVCTA trials base their times off of average times for courses at each level to promote realism, and it becomes harder and harder at each level to complete cross-country and stadium jumping clear. As well, barn bonuses are nonexistent, as most barns at RVCTA are specialized in eventing anyhow. As well, the system of filler horses is unique to RVCTA.

How are the level markers next to my horse’s name determined?
Most adult horses will begin their career at RVCTA with an (N) for novice - they have no further qualification and are only eligible to compete at this level. Occasionally, a horse comes in with wins on its record from RVEC schooling and invitational horse trials or good placements in futurities - in this case, they may instead by marked (T), (P), or (I), depending on their achievements.
At RVCTA, a horse is always identified by the highest level at which it could compete at any point in its life. Over the years, horses become too old to compete at the highest levels - however, they will always retain the level marker of the highest level they qualified for. As such, a horse that is twenty-five years old may only compete up to beginner novice, but if it once qualified for advanced, it will keep the (A) marking.
Horses under four will be marked (X) until they either win a schooling competition at RVEC, place in the top three in a cross-country, dressage, or stadium jumping futurity, or compete in their first novice-level competition at RVCTA, in which case they will be designated the appropriate marker.

What do the different abbreviations mean for eliminations?
RVCTA has four different types of elimination, each of which are listed below.
R - Retired. A horse is retired if it sustains an injury severe enough to merit elimination from competition.
TE - Technical Elimination. Technical eliminations pertain to breaches of rules, including refusals, extreme disobediences, and riding off course.
MR - Mandatory Retirement. While in real-life eventing, mandatory retirement can appear in a number of situations, for the purposes of RVCTA only a horse fall is justification for mandatory retirement.
SCR - Scratch. A rider may scratch a horse before a phase for any reason, be it an injury, illness, or personal reason.

Why can't I register a name for my horse at RVCTA?
Unlike breed and color-breed associations, RVCTA cannot register horses as purebred or of mixed-breed. As such, while it is in-theory possible for us to register names for horses, it seems a little far-fetched, especially since RVCTA is truly meant to be a secondary association.

Do RVCTA injuries differ from those at regular RVEC competitions?
In RVCTA horse trials, injuries are still fully possible, but they differ from those of standard RVEC competitions in a few ways. For one, injuries acquired at RVCTA shows cannot disqualify a horse from competing in invitationals, nor can they incur any sort of mandatory reprieve from training or showing for any duration of time. As well, the maximum vet fee for injuries acquired at RVCTA horse trials is 500c, per horse, per trial.
Last edited by caf. on Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:21 am, edited 5 times in total.
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me