||Tanaí cú Information|| {FOUNDER/OWNER ONLY}

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

||Tanaí cú Information|| {FOUNDER/OWNER ONLY}

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:00 pm

☙}Main Page|Archives|Artist Hub|Store|Information|Artist Search|Staff Help{❧
☙}Transfer Hub|Breeding Hub|Fanclub{❧
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tanaí cú, what are they? Well, they are a breed of dog bred and developed primarily by Elven people, so as they
have a long lasting companion similar to those of dogs developed by humans. Elves were somehow able to lengthen
the Tanaí cú's lifespan to almost match half of an Elf's, making them practically a lifetime friend for those that live
less than Elves. They're incredibly elegant and are still used in Elven culture, today! But thats only the basics! Click some of the links below to learn more~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
☙}History{❧
☙}Basics{❧
☙}Mutations & Genetics{❧
☙}Jobs & Events{❧
Last edited by ~HєуRєι~ on Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

||Tanaí cú Information|| History

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:22 pm

Now you may be wondering, "Where did Tanaí cú come from?" Well it all started when a group of Elven people were trying to set up a small village, needing protection from raiders and help in hunting parties. One of them purchased a few average mutts from a city only a short travel north of their growing village. The group used them to help hunt and guard the area, with the mutts eventually breeding. One of the members decided to try a few medical ideas, to see if he could enhance one of the puppies' lifespans. After years of trying and seeing what would work, eventually he ended up with a pair of two long living dogs, which he dubbed as "Lennigens". They were skinny but fast and muscled, with thin wavy fur. They looked similar to the modern Greyhound most of the time, but they were a mix in size of medium and large dogs, as well as having long ears that often perked to give them a rabbit like face when they were interested in something. Their tail varied in type, sometimes giving them a more wolf-like look, though most had whip-like tails.
    -------------------------------------
    For a long while, these Lennigens were used to race, hunt, guard and simply show, making them the most popular pet in Elven Culture over time. They were bred with other dogs, giving them a wide variety of coats to show, but the most beloved type was special and specific to the breed. This coat was called the "Fawned Spotting", though it has changed over time due to the confusion with the base color of "Fawn". What is now called "Wild Spotting" is a set of odd white ticking, similar looking to a young fawn's spots, that goes from the base of the rear end to the forehead. As common as it used to be, it is now a rare sight to behold due to the breeding with other dogs. Later it was learned that this was a simple mutation that had simply been mostly bred out of the breed.
    -------------------------------------
    After having developped these Lennigens to what you see today, a Gaelic ancestor of the original founder decided to re-name them. Now called "Tanaí cú", or "thin hound" in Gaelic, the breed is slowly moving across the countries and becoming even more popular than before.
Last edited by ~HєуRєι~ on Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

||Tanaí cú Information|| Basics

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:27 pm

|Appearance|

|Fur|
-This breed can have just about any natural dog coloration that is possible with other breed.
-The length can range from short to long, but the fur is always wavy.

---

|Skin|
-As with fur, the skin on this breed can be any possible with natural dog coloration, though it certainly can be effected by dilution and natural mutations as well.
[please try not to use pink/liver, spotted or snow-nose as often! These are pretty uncommon compared to black in regular, not dilution or mutation coats.]

---

|Eyes|
-This breed can have any sort of eye color and coloration that is in any natural dog breed, with the most common being brown and amber.
-The color can also be affected by dilution and natural mutations, though they are always one of the natural colors.
[please try not to use blue, green, heterochromia or party eye as often! These are pretty uncommon compared to brown and amber, of which is only really found in liver colored dogs and some GSD based coats.]

---

|Defects|
-The majority of defects comes from breeding, though some can come from mutations and others from experiences or medical procedures.

---

|Height, Weight & Size|
-The height of a Tanaí cú ranges from 19–36 inches for both male and female. It is very rare for a Tanaí to be taller or smaller than the given heights.
-The size of a Tanaí cú ranges from a medium to a large sized dog, never being any smaller unless due to mutations.
-Though they can be very large they are not very heavy dogs. The weight can range from 40 to 120 pounds. They should never weigh any lighter than 40 pounds. If they are less than that, they are underweight or have an effect from a mutation.
Last edited by ~HєуRєι~ on Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:58 am, edited 8 times in total.
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

||Tanaí cú Information|| Mutations & Genetics

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:27 pm

|Mutations|

|Natural/Real Life|
}Somatic - Uncommon - "An odd marking or set of "markings" that has darker pigment than the rest of the coat, normally in splashes or blotches and aren't in any specific pattern. However they are always in small amounts."

}Extended Mask - Uncommon - "An extending of the mask over the neck, legs, undersides and tail, even covering the majority of the facial area."

}Snowflake - Uncommon - "A set of white marks, similar to ticking in reverse, that can sparsely or heavily cover the body. They are similar to "Birdcatcher Spots" in horses."

}Tweed - Uncommon - "A merle modifier that dilutes parts in the coat to various shades of brown, grey and tan."

}Harlequin - Uncommon - "A phenomenon where the lightest part of merle turns to pure white, leaving the darkest parts unaffected."

}Vitiligo - Rare - "A phenomenon where light/white spots, or a collection of light/white spots, slowly appear on the dog as they age due to pigment stopping production. Sometimes they can even effect a larger area, extending to most or all dark places on the body."

}Chimera - Rare - "A phenomenon where 2 embryos are combined when in the womb, resulting in the dog that has 2 sets of genetic codes, giving it an odd patterning from most dogs and often pairing specific coats in patches."

}Melanism - Rare - "Although it is hard to tell and often rare in dogs, melanism is the over abundance of melanin in the skin, causing for most if not all pigment to become black. This includes eye color, skin color and coat color."

}Leucism - Rare - "Although seemingly similar to albinism, leucism is the lost of the majority of pigment, rather than melanin. This still causes for sensitive skin and eyes though, as well as a weaker respiratory system."

}Albinism - Rare - "This rare mutation, is the result of having extremely minimal or no melanin being produced within the body, causing for all pigment to be lost in the coat, skin and eyes. They are normally weak in their respiratory systems, and have sensitive skin and eyes."

|Horns|
An odd old mutation that came back from a long time of experimental tests, that caused for horns to grow has seem to appeared once more. This time it only seems as though it is 4 defined lengths but there could be more that are brought out.

}Short - Common - "The shortest of the horn mutations, and possibly the most common."

}Average - Common - "The average height of the horn mutations, starting to curl but it doesn't grow any longer than this."

}Medium - Uncommon - "Once thought to be the last horn mutation, it curls upwards and inwards."

}Long - Rare - "The longest and rarest of the horn mutations, it curls backwards, though still doesn't touch the head at the tip."

|Others|
}Mane - Common - "An odd extension of fur that runs from the back of the neck to the end of the tail, though it is unaffected by the length of the rest of the fur on the body."

}Overgrown Fangs - Uncommon - "Although some simply have larger growing canines, these canines are way overgrown. They simply grew to a large and long size due to mutation."

}Split Tail - Rare - "Somehow the end tail bones were doubled and attached, creating a "split" effect in the tail."

}Wild Spotting - Rare - "What used to be thought as a special marking, is an odd mutation similar to that of snowflake,
though it appears similar in look to a baby fawn's spots in appearance."

|Genetics|

|Information Credit|
While writing about the mutations, as well as learning more about writing the genotypes and phenotypes, I used the website www.doggenetics.co.uk. It has quite a bit of useful information about the different genes and what is effected.
--
I also credit Neah Walker for putting down the set information for the genes. They did this in their adopts called "Second Chance Shelter", of which i have participated and still participate in.~

How to set up a genotype: #1//#2//#3//#4//#5//#6//#7//#8//#9//#10//#11//#12//#13

S - No white in coat.
Si - Irish white; must not have S.
Sp - Piebald white; must not have S or Si.
Sw - Extreme piebald white; must not have S, Si or Sp.

M - Black areas merled.
m - No merling; must not have M.

R - White areas roaned.
r - No roaning; must not have R.

T - Ticking, mut not have a S in pair #7.
Ts - Dalmation spots; must not have T.
Ti - No ticking; must not have T or Ts. or Ts.

C - Normal red pigment.
Cch - Red lightened to fawn; must not have C.
Ce - Red lightened to cream; must not have C or Cch.
Cw - Red lightened to silver; must not have C, Cch or Ce.

G - Black into steel blue and chocolate into faded brown.
g - No graying; must not have G

U- Urajiro.
u - No urajiro; must not have U.
K - Overrides pair #6; gives solid black coat.
Ks - Seal; gives dog a dark stripe down back and light
sides; must not have K.
Kbr - Gives brindled coat; must not have K or Ks.
k - Allows pair #6 to be expressed; must not have K,
Ks or Kbr.

Em - Gives dog black mask; must not have K in pair #1.
E - Allows black in coat, no mask; must not have Em.
e - Allows red in coat, no black, no mask; must not
have Em or E.

B - Black pigment.
b - Black turns into brown; must not have B.

D - No dilution in coat.
d - Dilution; black into blue, brown into isabella;
must not have D.

Sl - Makes dog solid white.
sl - No silvering; must not have Sl.

Ay - Sable.
Aw - Grizzle/Agouti; must not have Ay.
At - Tanpoint; must not have Ay or Aw.
Asa - Saddle; must not have Ay, Aw or At.
a - Recessive solid black; must not have Ay, Aw, At
or Asa.
Last edited by ~HєуRєι~ on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 17 times in total.
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

||Tanaí cú Information|| Jobs & Events

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:32 pm

|Jobs|

|Herbalist Companion|

The Herbalist Companion helps out their medically trained human or humanoid in grabbing medical items for them when needed, as well as carrying light supplies in a specialized bag. It is preferred that the Tanaí cú has short fur, short (if any) horns and no split tail or mane mutation.

|Hunting Companion|

The Hunting Companion accompanies hunting parties that their human or humanoid owner is participating in. They also often help with tracking and scouting as well. It is preferred that the Tanaí cú has short to medium fur, short (if any) horns and no split tail mutation.

|War Companion|

The War Companion accompanies groups of soldiers moving out into battle, staying by their side and attacking other war animals. Often times, the companions are busy training or participating in patrols when not out in battle. It is necessary that the Tanaí cú has short fur, and is large in size (this refers to the height and weight). It is preferred that they have some sort of horn mutation but little to no disabilities.

|Guarding Companion|

The Guarding Companion mostly just stands outside important areas and gates, though they can also be assigned to accompany royals or high ranking officials. It is preferred that the Tanaí cú is large in size (this refers to the height and weight), have little to no disabilities and have no split tail mutation.

|Therapeutic Companion|

The Therapeutic Companion often accompanies those with disabilities, medical issues or even just small children. They will also be used to help other animals with disabilities or other medical issues, including other Tanaí cú. It is preferred that the Tanaí cú has small (if any) horns, and no overgrown fang mutation.

|Showing Dog|

As a Showing Dog, the Tanaí cú doesn't have true coat or breed standards, except for the specific mutations and such that aren't wanted. They will participate in their own special breed shows. It is necessary that the Tanaí cú does not have any sort of mutation, disability or scars.

|Normal Companion|

The Normal Companion has no sort of drawbacks or guidelines other than their owner's preferences. They can accompany their owner in any sort of business outside of the other jobs.

|Events|

|Winter|

---

|Spring|

---

|Summer|

---

|Fall|

The Fall Hunts takes place under a full moon, in the nearby forests and meadows. The Tanaí cú search for a special piece of fabric that smells of a special flower that grows in the village that the Tanaí cú originated from. This fabric has never lost this scent, despite being possibly thousands of years old. Multiple Tanaí cú have found this fabric at one time and so they've all gotten the prize at one time. The prize is normally about 20 *enter point name here*s so its not much but its for the fun of the dogs, not the owners. -This hunt is for Tanaí cú ONLY! (Middle of September-End of October)
--Although this event is for Tanaí cú, some owners or their dogs, come back with strange feral Tanaí cú. They seem to come from the *insert forest name*, of which has been untouched due to mysterious disappearances of live-stalk, villagers, and even pets. Some say those missing dogs that enter become cursed under the full moon and return years later, but this is just superstition right?** old information, will be re written later.
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me