Second Chance Shelter Competitions

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Second Chance Shelter Competitions

Postby Neah » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:50 pm

____________________________________________________________________________________

Main Thread - Information - SCS Store - Fan Club

SCS AKC & CFA - SCS Competition Archives

Ranking System - Abilities Competition - Abilities Competition Info

____________________________________________________________________________________

Mission Statement wrote:
    Second Chance Shelter is a dog and cat rescue where you can come to find a new member of your family. We rescue and rehabilitate dogs and cats of all shapes and sizes so they may have the chance to be placed into a caring home. All of our animals are special and deserve a chance to be happy with an owner that will care for them. The question is: are you ready to love them?

Welcome to the Second Chance Shelter competitions arena! At SCS we value character development and characters being used and loved; similar to real life competitions, your dogs or cats start at the lowest ranking and have to work their way up to greatness! With each rank comes better rewards, including awards, credits, and items not earned elsewhere! Anyone who owns a SCS canine or feline can participate, as long as they are registered with a kennel or cattery located here!

Most of the competitions are against yourself and your skills, not against other users; and even animals who are not into sports and are just house pets can still participate!

*Formatting credited to McCrim.
Last edited by Neah on Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:45 pm, edited 9 times in total.
ImageImage
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Titles and Acronyms

Postby Neah » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:53 pm

With SCS canines and felines, each animal starts out as a 'novice'. The highest title a canine or feline may receive is champion; with each title they acquire, they also acquire better rewards, as well as a fancy plaque to go with each title! One of the main perks is extra breedings, not acquired elsewhere; each animal starts at the beginning title with only two breeding slots, but if they continue through the titles they can have a maximum of six breedings!

In order to reach higher titles, one must enter competitions and place a certain amount of times. The titles go as follows;

Novice -> Advanced -> Masters -> Excellent -> Champion

The titles then can be used alongside show acronyms; it's completely optional and mostly used for status or for an easy way to show what title and sport your feline or canine is; for example, if my dog Mythos was a Champion in Pulling I could refer to her as 'ChP Mythos' or by her official show name, 'ChP Mother's Unwavering Love'.

Concerning sports, be at least semi-realistic; for example, a chihuahua might not be best suited for sledding, while a great dane might not be good for earthdog trials.
      Realistically cats cannot do many sports, but because we're not going full-on realistic here there will be more sports than normal available; just use good judgement with them, the ones underlines in the list will be the ones cats are able to do.

Due to staff spending most of their time on the community, staff members need half the required points for a title. So the points required regularly would be 4, 12, 20, and 30; staff requirements are at 2, 6, 10, and 15.

Titles wrote:
Novice - N

Standard Starting Title

Advanced - A
Requires 4 points
Random item from prize group 1; 100 Credits; extra breeding slot

Masters - M
Requires 12 points
Random item from prize group 2; 500 credits; extra breeding slot

Excellent - Ex
Requires 20 points
Random item from prize group 3; 800 credits; extra breeding slot

Champion - Ch
Requires 30 points
Random item from prize group 4; 1000 credits; extra breeding slot
movingover
Acronyms and Shows wrote:
Agility - A
Carting - A
Dock Diving - DD
Earthdog Trials - E
Field Trials - FT
Flyball - Fl
Frisbee - Fr
Good Citizen - GC
Herding - H
Hunting Trials - HT
Musical Freestyle - M
Obedience - O
Pulling - P
Racing - R
Rally-O - RO
Scent Hurdles - Hu
Schutzhund - Sc
Show - Sh
Sledding - S
Therapy - Th
Tracking - T
Vertical Wall Climb - V
Water Work - W

Item prize groups wrote:Item group 1
Collar; harness
Item group 2
Add marking; remove Marking; change gender
Item group 3
Change base color; partially customize an offspring; customize one offspring in a litter
Item group 4
Partially customize a litter; offspring size; customize a whole litter

Last edited by Neah on Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:55 am, edited 6 times in total.
ImageImage
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Ability Competitions

Postby Neah » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:04 pm

Ability competitions are just like their namesake; they judge the animals ability to do specific tasks. Ability competitions cover all ranges of sports, but also include pets who do not like to show or do not do sports! Animals who are entered here can specialize in two sports maximum; the only exception to this is a 'good citizen' who is a canine or feline who does not do sports.

This competition is based on skill against yourself; meaning, you're competing against yourself and not any other users! These competitions are based on the level of your title and are open without rounds, meaning you can post as many entries as frequently as you'd like (given the competitions are not closed due to staff hiatus or similar).

Ability competitions are broad scale, meaning any listed sport here can participate! In order to enter, you must draw or write about entering your canine or feline into a sport. This can be them getting ready for the sport, or participating in it! Then, you submit your form with your drawing or writing and wait to see how you placed!

Remember, animals can only do two sports maximum. The only exception to this is canine good citizen, which is meant for animals who do NOT do sports. As long as the animal is able to be in the sport (no felines in schutzhund) they are able to specialize in it. You may not change sports once they are chosen, so choose wisely! One important thing to also know is that only one animal can be submitted per drawing / writing! Meaning, you can only submit a form for one animal; so if I drew a photo of Mythos and Orion, I could only submit a form for one!

Good citizen is for animals who do not do sports: instead of drawing or writing your animal participating or getting ready in a sport, you have to draw or write about them doing something helpful or learning how to be a good pet for their owner!

To Simplify wrote:
      - Competitions are based against your own skills and title
      - Post as many competition entries as you want
      - Ability competitions pertain to ANY sport listed on the list here
      - For animals who don't do sports, they will apply for 'good citizen'
      - Good citizen is NO sports (ie house pets); if your animal does a sport, they can do up to two
      - Sports are permanent; they can't be changed
      - One animal form per image

To see the requirements, how competitions are judged, and how to enter, see below or click here!

Last edited by Neah on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Ability Competitions Information

Postby Neah » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:06 pm

Requirements, judging, and how to enter!

You must read the above post in order to participate or understand the below information.

The rank for titles goes from novice to champion; while you're entering in your animals and bettering them, we also want to see you become a better artist or writer! So, as you move up in the titles they get progressively more difficult! They are minimum requirements, meaning you are urged to do more but it is not required. The requirements are based on the title you are currently in when submitting the form!

Novice
      Color OR 200 words

Advanced
      Color and simple shading OR 500 words

Masters
      Color and more complex shading OR 750 words

Excellent
      Color with more complex shading; simple background OR 1000 words

The competitions are judged against yourself, not other users; so, staff will be using a rubric to judge competitions! The rubric is judged out of a score of fifty (50). The rubric goes as follows;
      - Overall impression: 0-10
      - Creativity and effort: 0-20
      effort is judged by looking at your previous artwork
      - RNG: 0-20

You can win 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place. Each place has a specific point value, of which you want to get the biggest amount possible, which is as follows:

First place: Three (3) points awarded, Second place: Two (2) points awarded, Third place: One (1) point awarded.

Similar to requirements, when you move up in the titles the chances of placing change. The placement requirements are based on the title you are currently in when submitting the form! So, if you're a novice and you score a 21 overall, you would receive second place!

Novice
      1st Place; 22, 2nd Place; 20, 3rd Place; 18.

Advanced
      1st Place; 32, 2nd Place; 27, 3rd Place; 22.

Masters
      1st Place; 40, 2nd Place; 36, 3rd Place; 32.

Excellent
      1st Place; 46, 2nd Place; 43, 3rd Place; 40.

Now that you're all set, here is the form for submitting! Drawings can be directly linked or shown using the [img] command; for writing, please post somewhere like the character storage boards and link to the post! (An example might be like this)

Code: Select all
      Username:
      Link to animal: (remember, only one!)
      Animals current title:
      Competitions entering into: (remember, maximum of two except for good citizen which is only one!)
      Piece being entered:

ImageImage
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved