Arctic Kilids Information Thread

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Arctic Kilids Information Thread

Postby sprig » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:38 am

Please do not post

This topic will be used to keep track of additional information for Arctic Kilids.
If you can think of some information you would like a post about here, PM me and I will add it to my list!

• Navigation •
Adoption & Re-adoption
Coat Colors & Markings
Creating a Barn
[url=Here]Diet + Behaviour[/url]
[url=Here]Breeding[/url]
[url=Here]Becoming a GA[/url]
[url=Here]Companion Animals + Sister Species[/url]
[url=Here]Getting a Custom[/url]
[url=Here]Breeding[/url]
Last edited by sprig on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Adoption & Re-Adoption

Postby sprig » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:44 am

Adoption & Re-Adoption
Adoption
Adopting a Kilid is a fairly simple affair. Artists will post a form for you to fill out in order to have a chance at winning an adoptable. Some of them are FCFS (first come first serve), and others will be things like finding a picture of something, giving the horse a personality, decorating your form, etc.

The artist will choose a winner based on those who filled the form out correctly, and which one they liked best. Unless it is an adopt that specifically asks for extras like art, fancy forms, writing, etc. we prefer that if you do any editing of the form that it is only minor things like centering or listing and coloring the text.

Filling Out an Adoption Form
All forms will include some basic info, and will look something like this:

Username:
Name:

Some artists do theirs a bit differently, or the horse will already have a gender, it just depends on the artist. Filling out the information is fairly self explanatory, but here's a bit more about some of the pieces of the form:

Show name: Some artists will have an optional spot for a show name (you may include one even if the form just says 'name', just separate your show name and barn name like so "Taming the Dream // Captive" or "Taming the Dream || Captive" or something along those lines) A show name tends to be a longer name that may be a bit odd in some cases, and the call or barn name is what you would call the horse as a nick name of sorts.

Gender: Be sure to check that the artist hasn't already given the horse a gender. If the 'gender' section if the form is blank, then you may decide if the horse is a Stallion (male) or Mare (female). In the case of breedings, the owner always gets to decide the gender.

Re-Adoption
Sometimes an owner no longer feels a connection with one of their Kilids and they wish to give them to a new home. This can be done pretty easily. All the owner has to do is either pick someone they wish to gift the Kilid to and PM them to see if they would like to own it, or they can post in the fanclub and have interested people pm them that includes any information that the original owner wants to see from the new owner, be it something like giving the Kilid a personality, saying what they'll be using the Kilid for, etc. Once a new owner is chosen, the original owner needs to PM the archivist, and post on the horse's adoption page with a link to the new owner's profile letting the artist know that ownership has been transferred.
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Coat Colors & Markings

Postby sprig » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:57 am

Coat Color Rarities
Kilids can be found in a large variety of base coats, and none seem to be rarer than the others. However, their markings seem to always be a large amount of white, we assume to blend in with their pale surroundings. Here is a general list on rarities for markings!

Common Coat Patterns:
Pinto
Near/Leopard Appaloosa
Fewspot Appaloosa
Medicine Hat
Near/Max Overo
Tovero
Manchado

Uncommon Coat Patterns:
Snowcap Appaloosa
Tobiano
Pintaloosa (any marking type + appaloosa)
Splash
Sabino

Rare Coat Patterns:
Solid
Minimal White
Snowflake Appaloosa
Bird Catcher Spots
Brindle
Irregular brindle
Chimeric
Somatic
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Creating a Barn

Postby sprig » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:57 am

Creating a Barn
Creating a barn for your Kilids is an essential part of adopting. If you plan to adopt more than 1 Kilid, it’s required that you have a barn to keep track of breeding slots, mates, and offspring. While you don’t need an entire thread specifically for your Kilids, you do need at least a post within another character thread where they are all kept in one place.

How to Begin
Creating your own, personalized barn is easy! You’ll need to use the below skeleton form for each new Kilid, so that everything is organized and kept up to date. If you don’t enjoy coding or are still learning how, you can PM me and I’ll give you a generic code that is simple and clean!

Creating a Name
One of your first steps needs to be finding an original name for your stables. For example, all of my equine stables are called “Wolf’s Peak - (Species) branch”. This way, when writing lore or stories, all of my barns are in the same place, but different branches! Need help thinking up a name? I would suggest thinking of an animal such as fox, or deer, and then adding something you would see around that animal’s environment. For example: Fox’s Burrow or Deer Meadow.

First Post
The first post of your barn needs to have a little bit of information about your stables. For example, I have this segment on the first post of all of my barns: “In Norway at the base of Jiehkkevárri Mountain, we have spent years building acres upon acres of pasture land and barns, striving to create a safe place for equines of varying breeds and other animals that need a home. At Wolf's Peak it is our duty to keep our livestock safe from harm.” I also keep my generic form on my first post, so that I can easily copy and paste it everytime I get a new Kilid or other breed.

Content Information
This is the last section that is required for a barn. You’ll need a form with content information, so that all of your new Kilids will have the same information filled out. This is the required information you’ll need:

Name
(^ Can be split into show/barn name ^)
Adoption Page
Breeding Slots

(^ All Kilids currently have 5 breeding slots ^)
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Diet + Behaviour

Postby sprig » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:58 am

Title
Information goes here.
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding

Postby sprig » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:59 am

Breeding
This post is a work in progress!

Breeding types:
m x f
m x m
f x f

Breeding with special horn types:
Up until recently, all Kilids had bone horns of different colors. With the introduction of horns made from other materials, it has effected the foals that are bred from those special horns. When you breed a special horned Kilid to a bone horn Kilid, there is a 25/75 chance on the special horn being inherited. If two special horn Kilids breed, there is a 50/50 chance of getting either. Two bone horns makes another bone horn, however on occasion there is a rare chance a birth defect will occur, causing the foal to have a special horn. If breeding a legendary horned Kilid to a bone horn, the horn will always be special. If a legendary horned Kilid is bred to a special horn, there is a 10/90 chance of the horn being legendary.
Last edited by sprig on Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Becoming a GA

Postby sprig » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:59 am

Title
Information goes here.