Belgian Kelpie Competition Arena (CLOSED)

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Belgian Kelpie Competition Arena (CLOSED)

Postby Zax » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:36 pm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
archivebreeding threadfanclubinformationᴀsᴋ.ғᴍ
kennel directorybirthday list

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Main ThreadArtist Search
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Belgian Kelpies are a minor sub-breed of the Australian Kelpie and the Belgian Malinois.
Mainly bred and perfected in Belgium, they are classified as a working breed and are
used for herding and sport. They are a medium-sized dog with high energy and require
a very large homespace and/or kennel. BK's are very friendly and adore humans.
Adopt one today!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
lineart (c) Neara
Last edited by deertush on Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Introduction

Postby Zax » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:47 pm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction

Dog competing has been a bulletproof industry for many years, and now it's come to Belgian Kelpies!
Placing your BKs in competitions is purely optional and stressfree. This is simply an activity in which owners can show off their hard work they've placed in giving life to their companions and play around with their talents. All we wish to do here is push you to your limits and help you expand on your artistry while also allowing everyone to have a fun time!

All of this is subject to change and modification, if there's a problem or a question just message me!

How It Works

Each competative catagory has its own requirements needed in order for a specific ribbon or trophy to be earned. These requirements may or may not include different themes and or more work in order to achieve greatness. In order to win a ribbon, one must create a piece(art or literature) that follows the given requirements in its own subject. This created piece will be judged based on the given rubric and a proper ribbon or trophy will be given to you. Please keep all ribbons(linked to their awarded piece) on a dog's kennel page. Please note that you will never be pitted against anyone in order to keep this as stress free as possible. Once you are given a ribbon you can continue to collect more ribbons and exchange them for rewards! And that's it! Once you reach the Championship stage your dog will have a range of new opportunities!

Step-By-Step
This is a VERY SIMPLE breakdown of what to do. Please read all/most of the information below.

1. Achieve a Belgian Kelpie and create a kennel for that kelpie.
      2. Read through and choose a sport you'd like to focus in. (You may do all three)
      3. Create the necessary quality work needed in order to obtain a ribbon.
      4. Fill out a form and wait for it to be judged.
      5. Repeat.

Last edited by deertush on Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Zax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Awards and Random Finds

Postby Zax » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:59 pm

Available Prizes/Items

All Competitions
Image Image Image
3rd Place Ribbon-------------2nd Place Ribbon-------------1st Place Ribbon

Image Image Image

Obedience
Image Image Image
Bone (C)-------------Handful of Grass (C)-------------Treats (C)

Image [img]Change(uncommon)[/img] Image
Squeaky Ball (UC)-------------Money (UC)-------------Tennis Ball (UC)

Image [img]random%20collar%20accessory(rare)[/img]
Collar and Leash (R)-------------Collar Accessory (R)

Outdoor
Image Image Image
Bone (C)-------------Handful of Grass (C)-------------Treats (C)

Image Image [img]Rabbit%20Toy[/img]
Tennis Ball (UC)-------------Berries (UC)-------------Rabbit toy (UC)

Image Image
Abandoned Puppy (R)----------Wild Animal Encounter (R)

Agility
Image Image Image
Tennis Ball (C)-------------Handful of Grass (C)-------------Squeaky Ball (C)

Image [img]Change(uncommon)[/img] Image
Treats (UC)-------------Money (UC)-------------Bone (UC)

Image Image
Collar and Leash (R)-------------Contacts (R)

► The above sporting events are broad terms. Any sport that falls beneath the above are recognized.

► These contacts are specially formulated for dogs and are totally safe. Trust us. 100% safe. Totally.
Last edited by deertush on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Zax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Bank / Pricesheet / Store

Postby Zax » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:40 pm

PRICESHEET & BANK

Link to Google Doc

Link to price sheet image

All awarded and found items can be turned in for points! Points can be used to buy items in the BK store.

STORE
If you would like to purchase anything, please post a form accordingly.

Small Purchases
Collar accessory - 20 Points
Second collar - 25 Points
Vest - 40 Points
Necklaces/Bracelets - 15 Points
Flower/Ribbon - 25 Points
Paint/Fur dye - 30 Points

Large Purchases
Twin pups - 100 Points
Guaranteed chimeric pup* - 200 Points
Custom(non-chimeric)* - 300 Points
Semi-custom* - 150 Points
Tail/Ear cropping - 100 Points

* - Can only be purchased once per two months

Last edited by deertush on Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Zax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Competition

Postby Zax » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:22 pm

Competition

To see specific prompts and requirements based on your sport, see the next post.

All entries are based on YOUR personal skill. As you progress through competitions I wish to see improvement.

This activity is not fully based off of real life dog competition. Everything is simplified down extremely.

Requirements listed below are MINIMUMS. Feel free to do a piece as detailed as your championship piece for your trials.

In order to proceed to the next level, you must achieve either 1st place or be manually placed into the next category otherwise.

Art Based Entrants

►Novice/Trial Competition
    - 3rd Place
      no shading
      no background
      effort
    - 2nd Place
      no shading
      simple background
      medium effort
      medium or more detail
    - 1st Place
      simple background
      no shading
      obvious effort
►Amateur Competition
    - 3rd Place
      no shading
      simple background
      effort
    - 2nd Place
      simple shading
      simple background
      medium effort
    - 1st Place
      background
      simple shading
      obvious effort
►Junior Competition
    - 3rd Place
      no shading
      simple background
      little effort
    - 2nd Place
      shading
      simple background
      medium effort
      medium+ detail
    - 1st Place
      detailed background
      shading
      obvious effort
      improvement
      detailed
►Champion Competition
    - 3rd Place
      shading
      simple background
      medium effort
      medium+ detail
    - 2nd Place
      detailed background
      shading
      mild improvement
      obvious effort
      detailed
    - 1st Place
      highly detailed background
      detailed shading
      obvious improvement
      obvious effort
      highly detailed

Story Based Entrants

►Novice/Trial Competition
    - 3rd Place
      500 words
      some proper grammar and spelling
      few details
    - 2nd Place
      700 words
      few grammar and spelling mistakes
      detailed
    - 1st Place
      1000 words
      no mistakes
      very detailed
►Amateur Competition
    - 3rd Place
      1000 words
      few details
    - 2nd Place
      1200 words
      detailed
    - 1st Place
      1500 words
      no mistakes
      very detailed
►Junior Competition
    - 3rd Place
      1000 words
      few details
    - 2nd Place
      1500 words
      detailed
    - 1st Place
      1700 words
      no mistakes
      very detailed
►Champion Competition
    - 3rd Place
      1500 words
      detailed
      improvement
    - 2nd Place
      1700 words
      no mistakes
      very detailed
      minor improvement
    - 1st Place
      2000 words
      no mistakes
      highly detailed
      obvious improvement

Finding Objects

Every dog has the opportunity and chance to find random items strewn about the competition greens, but you have a higher chance of finding objects when you score higher in competitions! Not only that, but random items have their own percentage rate as well!

►Percentages of finding objects
    - 3rd Place (25%)
    - 2nd Place (50%)
    - 1st Place (75%)

►Percentages of object rarities
    - common (60%)
    - uncommon (30%)
    - rare (10%)

Last edited by deertush on Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Sports and Prompts

Postby Zax » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:09 pm

AVAILABLE SPORTS-----

Agility
Flyball
Canicross
Dock Diving
Agility
Coursing
Frisbee
Outdoor
Hunting
Tracking/Nosework
Earthdog
Herding
Search and Rescue
Sledding
K-9/Police work
Obedience
Conformation
Obedience
Service Dog Training
Flying Disc
Therapy Dog Training

WRITING/ART REQUIREMENTS PER COMPETITION LEVEL

Novice
To begin your training and initiate your entry to the competing world, you must train your dog. Draw/write about the events before, during, or after introducing your canine companion to their given sport. Include props or related items to their sport.
Including a handler in a drawing is not required.
This can occur in any setting besides the show ring.

Amateur
Now that you've successfully won an award for your hard work, show us how well your dog performs alone! You cannot assist in their performance unless it is the limited requirement allowed for that particular event. If it is an outdoor activity, please include at least one other dog competing with/against your canine.
Including a handler is not required.
This can occur in any setting.

Junior
Oh wow, they've really come a long way now! Draw or write about how you and your dog plan on training for the Championship! This training should be much more vigorous than your Trial training.
You must include at least 50% of a handler is required
Cannot occur in the show ring.

Champion
You made it! Feel free to do as you wish. Either choose from the before prompts or choose your own! You piece must still be related to your dog, handler, and the activity.
You must include a handler.
Setting is yours to choose.

NON-COMPETITION PROMPTS
These prompts are purely for searching for items.
The amount of items found is based on the quality of your work(based on your existing skill).

Obedience
Every dog needs to know how to properly behave and needs to know a few tricks such as sitting and laying down. Show/Tell us about the process of teaching behavioral basics or basic commands! Including at least 50% of your handler is required(art).

Outdoor
Dogs love adventuring and being outside. Take your Belgian Kelpie outside and play with them! This can either be out on a hiking trail, a simple game of chase, or anything you think counts as outdoor activity. Including at least 50% of your handler is required(art).

Agility
Push your dog to their limits! Draw/Write about your trip with your dog to an agility course! This can either be your first trip or a reccuring trip. Including at least 50% of your handler is required(art).

Zax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Forms

Postby Zax » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:39 pm

Competition

Code: Select all
[size=150][b]Competition Application[/b][/size]
Username:
Dog's Name:
Dog's Kennel:
Handler:
Sport Group:
Sport/Event:
Level:
Link to piece:

Competition Application
Username: Example
Dog's Name: Dirty Deed's Example // Test
Dog's Kennel: (link)
Handler: OC (Can be yourself or any human/oid OC)
Sport Group: Agility
Sport/Event: Canicross
Level: Amateur
Link to piece: (link)

Non-Competitive Gathering

[size=150][b]Gathering Application[/b][/size]
Username:
Dog's name:
Dog's Kennel:
Handler:
Sport Group:
Link to piece:

Gathering Application
Dog's name: Dirty Deed's Example // Test
Dog's Kennel: (link)
Handler: OC (can be yourself or any human/oid oc)
Sport Group: Outdoor
Link to piece: (link)

Trading Items For Points

[size=150][b]Gathering Application[/b][/size]
Username:
Item(s):
Item's origin:
Item's cost:

Gathering Application
Item(s): Berries
Item's origin: (link to competition app form or gathering form)
Item's cost: 30 Points

Purchasing items

[b][size=150]Purchasing an Item[/size][/b]
Username:
Total available points:
Item:
Item cost:

Purchasing an Item
Total available points: 200
Item: Berries
Item cost: 30

Using Items

[size=150][b]Item Usage[/b][/size]
Username:
Item:
Item origin:
Specifics:
Dog to use on(if applicable):

Item Usage
Item: Berries
Item origin: Bought from the store
Specifics: I would like a blue pawprint on her shoulder
Dog to use on(if applicable): Dirty Deed's Example (link)

Last edited by deertush on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

References and Guides

Postby Zax » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:46 pm

Contact me if you have more reference suggestions. ♥
Last edited by deertush on Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved

Postby Zax » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:50 pm

Reserved.
Zax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FAQ

Postby Zax » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:50 pm

FAQ

Whenever you get an item(ex; berries), could you use them and then sell them for points?

No. You can only do one or the other.

What are handlers and do I need them for each dog?

A handler can be you, a humanoid oc(this includes things like anthros, angels, demons, and such), or a random human you think of. They are the main representative of your dog and your kennel. You should only have one for all of your dogs.

Does everyone start at novice/trial stages?

Yep! Although treating the trials/novice competitions the same as championships may earn you a few pluses. ;')

Are we competing against other people?

Nope! You are basically just competing against yourself/your capabilites/you limits/your laziness.
Zax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me