Canis Cervids - Artist Discussion Thread

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Should we keep the rule that CCs should normally have snow leopard tail markings?

Yes, though with more flexible interpretations of the theme.
75%
Yees, I like the snow leopard markings.
25%
Yes, and I think we should have more marking restrictions (Please write suggestions below)
No votes
No, it restricts artist's freedom.
No votes
No, but we should have something else.
No votes
Other (Please explain)
No votes

Total votes : 4

Canis Cervids - Artist Discussion Thread

Postby jetred » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:11 am

Owners and Co-Owners wrote:- Jetred

Artist Positions wrote:Lines Credit
- Soulsplosion

Head Artist
- TBA

Artists
- stevvonnie
- Shenanigans~
- DestructionIsHere

Guest Artists
- N/A

Prior Staff and Pending wrote:- BurntPickle
- ★ ĸι ★
- Sen-the-Psycho
- ShadyBro
- Revalva
- ssiga4
- kootra

Rarities wrote:
Common
Natural colours
Three-pronged antlers
Rosettes and/or stripes on the tail

Uncommon
One uncommon colour.
More prongs on the antlers.
No rosettes or stripes on the tail,
but some elsewhere.
Flame-like fur on the antlers
Jewellry

Rare
No Antlers - horns or the like.
No rosettes or stripes
Bright rainbow colours
No natural colours at all
Iridescent antlers
Bobtails

Canis Cervids wrote:

Artist Discussion

This is where artists can discuss anything about CCs,
and voice any concerns or ideas they have. Feel
free to start any conversations here about the
designing of CCs, or suggest anything you'd like
to see or implement.

It's also where we'll organise any events we hold,
such as FCFS customs, or special occasions (such
as a possible Easter event?) This is so we all know
what's going on at any given time.

Finally, it's also where there'll be polls about how
we run CCs. Please do answer them and feel free
to expand on how you feel in a post.

Previous Poll Results
N/A

Rules wrote:

Thread Rules

- All CS rules apply
- Be excellent to each other
- Don't disrespect the species or staff
- If there's anything you are concerned or annoyed about,
PM me
- Please no spamming
- If you see someone breaking the rules, either politely
correct them, or PM me

Rules wrote:

Artist Rules

- Please stick to the species specifications;
If you would like to make an CC with anything
more than one Uncommon marking, send me a
PM first please!
- Please make an effort to do at least two designs
per month. If you can't, please tell me.
- There's no upper limit to how many you can do,
but we need demand to outweigh supply.
- You may make a custom for either yourself or a
friend once every two months;
We will be opening up paid customs shortly!
- Please don't steal designs from anywhere.
- When judging, don't take form formatting into
account, unless you clearly stated in the first
post that you were judging on pretty forms.
- Please don't play favourites in judging.
- You're absolutely welcome to do Runner Up
prizes! I encourage it!
Last edited by jetred on Wed May 11, 2016 12:13 pm, edited 10 times in total.
jetred

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Canis Cervids - Artist Discussion Thread

Postby huskyhiccups » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:50 am

marking :3
ImageImage
Call me Mew or huskyhiccups! (she/her) ♡
I love
coffee, RuPaul's Drag Race, Smosh, Final Fantasy XIV,
Star Stable, The Sims, Kingdom Hearts, and Danganronpa!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
UR, OMGSR, & old store pet countmy listomy FR

❤️️🧡💛💚💙💜 HAPPY PRIDE MONTH! ❤️️🧡💛💚💙💜
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
huskyhiccups

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GhoulishDes » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:18 am

Marking as Well
ImageImageImage

━━━ revenge ━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding link link link
└────────────┘
┌────────────┐
Hello! I go by they/them pronouns
mostly into music, art, and trades.
feel free to
pm me about similar interests,
or art trades ! microwave,
mcr, title fight, free throw etcc

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
GhoulishDes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jetred » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:32 am

So, so far the poll votes are split 50/50 between having a limit and having no limit at all:
Yes, a minimum and a maximum should be added.
25%
No, we should have a limit per week.
25%
No, we should create as many as we like.
50%

May I ask people's opinions? Why do you think we should or should not have a limit?

Final count: Treated: 110! Tricked: 4!
Recieved: 93 Treats! 1 Trick!
jetred

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goreamir » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:49 am

I think we shouldn't have a limit so we could stretch our imaginations and have a variety for adoptors to choose from c: I always get sad when I can't find a design I like on a Plumie ;c what edits are allowed? We didn't have many rules.
Goreamir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby exixst » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:30 pm

I don't believe that we should have a limit. But I also do not believe we should be allowed to abuse that privilege. So far, the rate of Canis Cervids being released has been alright. Of course, there are going to be spikes in the pattern, but I don't think we've had too terrible of an overflow. If anything, there haven't been enough as of lately.
    However, that doesn't mean that all artists should just jump on and throw together designs to get them out. Absolutely not. I do not believe you should just design a CC just to get it out there. By creating designs that are rushed and unplanned, that can portray the message that you don't care enough to take more than a couple minutes out of your day to design outcomes. Taking twenty minutes to design an outcome is, in my opinion, better than taking ten. On the other hand, taking forty minutes is better than twenty. I, personally, take an hour, as I'm just a little butt who only goes at one pace; slow.
    So, really, as long as people take their time on adopts and make them look nice, pleasant, and appeal to people, then I say there should be no limit. Besides, if people are taking, say, thirty minutes to design something, they aren't going to be able to just toss out five CCs in one day. At least, I can't, due to other responsibilities. However, if people choose to create designs that aren't particularly made with care, then, yes, I do believe there should be a limit. Quality over quantity, and if people don't want to create quality, then take away the quantity.
    But, looking back at the last thread, I don't predict we'll have a problem with people not creating quality designs. And if the pacing only increases a little bit, then I'm certain will be just fine. But I don't want people to get excited about the grand re-opening and just toss out new CC's just because. That would not be earning us a good reputation to start off with.
exixst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jetred » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:20 am

ssiga4 wrote:I think we shouldn't have a limit so we could stretch our imaginations and have a variety for adoptors to choose from c: I always get sad when I can't find a design I like on a Plumie ;c

I think you're absolutely correct that it's good to have a wide variety, so that everyone can find a CC they like. The issues arise when there are CC left that nobody's applying for.

ssiga4 wrote:what edits are allowed? We didn't have many rules.

This is another thing to discuss; so far, edits have been a rarity, with only Sanguinarius and this CC having major line edits. However, some adoptables (the WoI and Rukami spring to mind) are unique because every adoptable has an edit. Personally, I'd like it to be either one of these extremes, either hardly ever, or every CC, but I don't mind which.

What does everyone else think?

BurntPickle wrote:
    I don't believe that we should have a limit. But I also do not believe we should be allowed to abuse that privilege. So far, the rate of Canis Cervids being released has been alright. Of course, there are going to be spikes in the pattern, but I don't think we've had too terrible of an overflow. If anything, there haven't been enough as of lately.
    However, that doesn't mean that all artists should just jump on and throw together designs to get them out. Absolutely not. I do not believe you should just design a CC just to get it out there. By creating designs that are rushed and unplanned, that can portray the message that you don't care enough to take more than a couple minutes out of your day to design outcomes. Taking twenty minutes to design an outcome is, in my opinion, better than taking ten. On the other hand, taking forty minutes is better than twenty. I, personally, take an hour, as I'm just a little butt who only goes at one pace; slow.
    So, really, as long as people take their time on adopts and make them look nice, pleasant, and appeal to people, then I say there should be no limit. Besides, if people are taking, say, thirty minutes to design something, they aren't going to be able to just toss out five CCs in one day. At least, I can't, due to other responsibilities. However, if people choose to create designs that aren't particularly made with care, then, yes, I do believe there should be a limit. Quality over quantity, and if people don't want to create quality, then take away the quantity.
    But, looking back at the last thread, I don't predict we'll have a problem with people not creating quality designs. And if the pacing only increases a little bit, then I'm certain will be just fine. But I don't want people to get excited about the grand re-opening and just toss out new CC's just because. That would not be earning us a good reputation to start off with.

I think you're right, that it is the quality that we should be concerned with. My main concern, and the reason I'm suggesting the possibility of limits, is that currently supply outweighs demand. We have two CCs for adoption, one for nearly two months now, who don't have any applications at all. That is certainly not a fault of the design, which is excellent, so there has to be some other cause. The limit, if there was one, would of course be raised when we started to garner more interest and get at least one application for every CC.

As for the pace increasing, how do people feel about adding in a minimum? It wouldn't be per artist, but global, so in x amount of time x number of CCs must be made. Say, one, maybe two per week, between us? Again, it would increase or decrease with demand.

jetred

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dutch. » Sat May 07, 2016 11:43 pm

I wouldn't mind if edits weren't an uncommon thing. I don't mind doing them, and when I make my first custom I'd love to be able to make edits for him and for any adopts I do. Even simple ones like extra floof, hair, or different types of antlers/horns are enjoyable for me to do (:
Dutch | Adult | Satanist | She/Her
i thought i was an athiest until i realized I'M A GOD.

dutch.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jetred » Sun May 08, 2016 1:36 am

Shenanigans~ wrote:I wouldn't mind if edits weren't an uncommon thing. I don't mind doing them, and when I make my first custom I'd love to be able to make edits for him and for any adopts I do. Even simple ones like extra floof, hair, or different types of antlers/horns are enjoyable for me to do (:

That is one of the few things I did finally make a decision on, as the rules state:

If you'd like to do any major lineart changes, please ask first
- Small line edits are fine; jewelry, different antler configurations,
and the like are fine. For large edits, see above. If unsure, please
ask.

Now, the main questions/issues are these:

How closely do we stick to the "snow leopard tail rule"? I personally think it's nice to have something that ties all the CCs together, apart from the lines themselves, but I also do find it a little difficult to come up with inventive ways of filling that criterium without making every tail look the same. Perhaps a rule instead that says all tails must have stripes, rosettes, or both? Or something to that effect?

We have an overabundance of male CCs. Do we stop making male ones for a while, or just make fewer males, or do we just carry on and trust that it will balance itself out?

Do we want to make paid customs a thing? I'm definitely not talking real life currency, but CS pets? Or do we want to make it completely free for all?

CC #50 is coming up. I was thinking for this we could either do one, really rare CC, with a fairly difficult application; a piece of artwork, a short story, that sort of thing OR we could do an event where CCs #50 - #60s could be won as customs, with a variety of challenges where each person could win the chance of having that be custom done, if that makes sense? So #50 could be "The best colour pallette" and the winner of that would get #50 designed to their specifications. What does everyone else think?

Last but not least! Does anyone feel confident enough to draw juvenile or baby versions of CCs? It's not a requirement, and it does mean extra work where the artist who did the breeding would have to update the design onto adult lines afterwards, so it may be unpopular, but it might be a nice little touch to have young lines as well for the nursery.

I'm sure there was one more point, but I cannot for the life of me remember it, so that's all for now. Feel free to share your opinions!

jetred

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dutch. » Sun May 08, 2016 11:51 am

jetred wrote:
Shenanigans~ wrote:I wouldn't mind if edits weren't an uncommon thing. I don't mind doing them, and when I make my first custom I'd love to be able to make edits for him and for any adopts I do. Even simple ones like extra floof, hair, or different types of antlers/horns are enjoyable for me to do (:

That is one of the few things I did finally make a decision on, as the rules state:

If you'd like to do any major lineart changes, please ask first
- Small line edits are fine; jewelry, different antler configurations,
and the like are fine. For large edits, see above. If unsure, please
ask.

Now, the main questions/issues are these:

How closely do we stick to the "snow leopard tail rule"? I personally think it's nice to have something that ties all the CCs together, apart from the lines themselves, but I also do find it a little difficult to come up with inventive ways of filling that criterium without making every tail look the same. Perhaps a rule instead that says all tails must have stripes, rosettes, or both? Or something to that effect?

We have an overabundance of male CCs. Do we stop making male ones for a while, or just make fewer males, or do we just carry on and trust that it will balance itself out?

Do we want to make paid customs a thing? I'm definitely not talking real life currency, but CS pets? Or do we want to make it completely free for all?

CC #50 is coming up. I was thinking for this we could either do one, really rare CC, with a fairly difficult application; a piece of artwork, a short story, that sort of thing OR we could do an event where CCs #50 - #60s could be won as customs, with a variety of challenges where each person could win the chance of having that be custom done, if that makes sense? So #50 could be "The best colour pallette" and the winner of that would get #50 designed to their specifications. What does everyone else think?

Last but not least! Does anyone feel confident enough to draw juvenile or baby versions of CCs? It's not a requirement, and it does mean extra work where the artist who did the breeding would have to update the design onto adult lines afterwards, so it may be unpopular, but it might be a nice little touch to have young lines as well for the nursery.

I'm sure there was one more point, but I cannot for the life of me remember it, so that's all for now. Feel free to share your opinions!

Alright, thank you for updating that! (: I do have a quick question; do our 2-month customs count for us adopting once per week?

1.) Perhaps simply require them to have snow leopard marks somewhere on the body? Like maybe some have it on one leg or the face? Though I like the idea of stripes, rosettes, or both.

2.) I'd say maybe make a few females then leave it and see if it balances out. I know that my first custom will be a male, though that's mainly because I already own a female and don't really need another.

3.) I like the #50-60 idea better than just one, personally. I'd do one very rare for #100.

4.) I'd say make customs a paid thing. I don't know about any other artists, but I'd rather get at least a little bit of something from all the work that goes into customs.

5.) Hmmm... I could try my hand at it if you like.
Dutch | Adult | Satanist | She/Her
i thought i was an athiest until i realized I'M A GOD.

dutch.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me