A cozy log cabin... [Game #12 Closed!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: A cozy log cabin... [Game #1 Open!]

Postby hiraeth + hound » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:35 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username: hiraeth + hound
Link to sign-up post: here
Prompt response:

Last edited by hiraeth + hound on Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
hiraeth + hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lillybear » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:40 am

Tell me about yourself!
    Username: Lillybear
    Link to sign-up post: 🐙
    Prompt response: Oceanus

Oceanus studied Carter as he worked like someone might contemplate a bizarre contemporary art piece on display. From the way his claws gripped the rocks, to the way his ponytail bobbed with his movement, there were Oceanus's eyes following it, a frown implanted on his small face.

Carter recognized the silence, but remained patient with a half smile, wondering why this child was surveying him as if wondering whether he was real or not.

Oceanus didn't care if he was being rude, not letting his judgmental expression fall. "Why do you want to know?"

Carter explained in only the way a friendly adult to a grumpy child could that he was simply being sociable, but Oceanus seemed to take offense to this, puffing his fur to make himself appear taller.

"Do you want something from me?"

Eventually his attitude began to concern Carter, and he asked where his parents were.

"I came by myself, I'll have you know. And not from a great place, either, you wouldn't be interested. So I think I'll do the questioning, now, thanks─has anything weird ever happened on these islands before? Have many ships mysteriously crashed?"

Carter, put off by his strange behavior, gave him the answer he thought would calm him: that, no, these islands were perfectly safe and normal. He was going to be okay, and back on the water in no time.

But this answer didn't seem to satisfy Oceanus. "I can help, you know."

Suddenly, Oceanus's entire demeanor changed. He let his body relax, and his eyes softened.

"If─if anything weird happens, I mean. I can help. I know what I'm doing."

Carter set aside his work, and softly approached Oceanus. Clearly, this was a lonely kid who just wanted to feel important. Although he appeared on the edge of being old enough to travel alone, he seemed disturbed by something. Like he wanted─needed─something to do, to occupy himself with. To feel productive, or to get attention.

Something Oceanus said previously surfaced back to Carter's mind: maybe Oceanus truly didn't come from a great place, and was hoping this cruise would serve as an escape.

At least, all of this is what seemed obvious to Carter.

"You know what you're doing, 'eh?" Carter prompted, taking a seat next to where Oceanus stood.

"Of course," Oceanus said, refusing to sit but still appearing more at ease. "I've studied with my─" Oceanus paused, not sure how much information to give Carter "─siblings my entire life about the paranormal. We didn't have much else, you see..."

It seemed now that Oceanus had begun talking, he didn't want to stop, leaving all previous caution behind.

"...we've always been alone, the four of us. Always on the move. I've been everywhere, seen everything─so, you understand, I'm not from anywhere. Wherever I land, that's my home."

Carter nodded, not sure how much to believe, but feeling sympathy for Oceanus nonetheless. He had many questions, such as why his siblings were not with him on the cruise, what happened to his parents, and what sparked his interest in ghosts and the supernatural...especially why, on what he assumed was his vacation, he was still concerned about it...

But he didn't want to make the poor kid feel any more upset than he already seemed, or make him go back to being untrusting. He stood up, and patted him warmly on the shoulder.

"Well, you're always welcome t'come back round 'ere and make this...your next place to land."
lilly she/her
mostly gone from cs, but feel free to message me on discord about anything! :)
lillybear#3311
kalonsmy kalons
Lillybear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyo » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:56 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username: Kyo
Link to sign-up post: here
Prompt response:
“The sea!” he exclaimed, twirling his fins to display the mermaid tail behind him,” But all my family lives on the land, so I wanted to join in the fun. Hence the barrel,” explained the fish child, knocking a tiny hand against the side of his container.

“I’ve never really been able to explore the surface, so I’m super excited to be here. Being the only one who has to stay in water can be a bit lonely, especially since I end up waiting for visitors most days.

While I’m waiting I normally collect shells or pearls for my pa, he likes the little trinkets I bring him. Oh! And I catch my own fish of course too. I’m actually great at hunting! Even though I’m just a small fry I’m super fast in the water. Pa says I’m like a rocket fish! I don’t know if that’s a real fish or not but if Pa says it then there’s gotta be one out there somewhere. I’d show you just how speedy I am but- don’t really have the space for it hehe.

Anyways! I hope we can get along, I’d love a new friend. Maybe when all this is over you can come visit me? You seem like a nice person, and I love nice people!! What do you say?”

doll and icon by kivr
Kyo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dolly » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:04 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username: dolly
Link to sign-up post: xxx
Prompt response:

"Why do you wanna know all that 'bout me? You gonna enter a sweepstakes with my identity or something? It's lucky for you I don't care all that much so i'll tell ya. I come from deep in the woods, yeah? My moms are witches and they cannot stand anyone. Shame really, they're amazing if I do say so myself.

"Anyways, then I had to go get an education an' all that. Found that I enjoyed playing sports and I became head of a volleyball team. We had a game overseas and suddenly i'm stranded in the middle of no where with my team. Ended up spending a year there. Wanna know something unbelievable? 'Bout five years later I got stranded on an island again! That time I was alone. Got off in a month or so.

"That doesn't really say much 'bout where i'm from, does it? I'll be honest with ya, no idea what the darn town's called. It's somewhere alright, but i'll be a fool if I know where. It's a nice place. Lots of trees and forests. That's why my folks like it. I like to go an visit every now an' again. Probably 'ill go visit when i'm not stranded no more," Iola rambles.
────────────
da | they/them | th
────────────
dolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sapphirelion » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:07 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username: sapphirelion
Link to sign-up post: sign-up
Prompt response:

"Well," Antaeus began, " I live in an apartment about a half hour from the coast. It's nothing special, but it is comfortable and suits my needs for the moment. Every morning I take a drive down to the ocean to surf. Well...mostly to fall into the surf it seems. I haven't quite been able to figure out how to surf successfully, but I am not going to let that get me down! It is still a lot of fun to try, plus I like falling into the water and seeing all the sea creatures swimming around me.

After my swim, I sunbathe to dry off and drive over to this baked goods and sweets shop a few minutes from the beach. I have a very strong sweet tooth and also my girlfriend owns the place, so it's a win-win trip. Her little dragon is always there to greet me as well, but I still can't tell if he likes me or not? His breath tends to singe my fur a little as he rubs his nose along my legs, kinda like a cat does, but a cat with fire breath...which kinda makes sense since he acts a little bit like a cat...sorry, I am getting off topic.

So I hang around there for an hour or so to help out and then I take a walk down the road to one of the other nearby shops to get us some lunch. We have quite a few different types of shops nearby, but a majority of them are food related. Which is fine by me, I love food. It just makes it harder for me to choose sometimes, so Nyssa, my girlfriend, isn't really surprised anytime I come back with a variety.

After we've taken turns eating, we both are back to working around the shop until closing. Then we tend to just go to the beach and hangout, or down to the pier to skip rocks while we talk. Sometimes we'll change it up and go someplace special and fancy, but that's another hour away so we don't do that often. But that's alright with us, we don't need fancy things.

And that's really it about where I live."
ImageImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Greater love has no one than this,
than to l
ay down one's life for his friends
- John 15:13

info
my kals 🦑
kalon art shop
Diamond (kia)
other characters of mine
Art by me,gif by Meridiem, pixel by pangur.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ImageImageImageImage
sapphirelion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moondust405 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:11 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username: moondust405
Link to sign-up post: boop
Prompt response:
Caleb glanced at Carter for a moment, narrowing his eyes. But he sensed no malicious intent, just plain curiosity. The purple and white Kalon gave a small sigh, returning his swirling gaze to the sky before hesitantly opening his mouth.
"I guess you could say I'm from an odd town. Smack in the middle of a desert, citizens appearing and disappearing every day. Eldritch horrors and other things you probably don't think even exist. In fact, you're probably thinking I'm a bit insane, huh?" Caleb chuckled to himself, not bothering to look at Carter to judge his reaction. "At times, it would seem like an awful town to outsiders. But it's home." He took a breath, smiling to himself as he thought of all the good things that came out of the mysterious town.
"My little radio station, where every evening I broadcast the news- it's a second home to me, all the lights and switches, the same evening routine as I prepare for the show. The pizza place that no one remembers the name of, but has the best pizza you've ever tasted. Klarissa and I try to go there pretty often, but I know she gets sick of it if we go too much." Caleb's face softened at the mention of the other Kalon, flicking his tail gently across the grass. "Of course, there's Klarissa. The biggest mom-friend you'll ever meet, and the greatest person I've ever had the honor of knowing. She's the part I miss the most. But, uh-" Caleb's cheeks suddenly colored as he turned his gaze to the ground. "You- you probably don't want to listen to me rambling about my girlfriend. She's amazing, uh- crap. Sorry. But the town where I come from is incredibly unique. You should try visiting sometime."
moondust405

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby recherché. » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:15 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username: recherché.
Link to sign-up post: here!
Prompt response:
recherché.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby veridian » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:16 am

username: qpplepie / link to sign-up post: here / kalon used: esryn

"Tell me about yourself!"

Esryn halts, his blue eyes glinting as they catch the rays of the sun. He shakes his head slowly. Myself? When he tries to remember, everything is so blurry- like he's underwater. Like.. spying through a kaleidoscope; the colours are smudged and vibrant as if pieces of broken stained glass. If he concentrates, he can see fragments of memories. He breathes in.

There are a lot of things he wished he could tell you. He remembers clearest the sweet brush of sun on his face. The exotic fragrance of spices drift in the air, its fiery aroma biting his lungs. It's the smell of home. The wind strokes his face as he looks on lively streets of cobalt, copper and gold, its cool breath lingering between his hair. Great trees stretch towards the sky, jade leaves fluttering like butterflies as their rich, chocolate bones extend over the clouds. Bodies of water span the land, a magnificent view as lilies and blossoms float downstream in a gentle rhythm.

He describes the people as they bustle within the hectic marketplace. There are children, those whose laughs ring in the streets and run not in fear (as he says), but with enjoyment. The outside is stained with crimson, but they are rose petals and not blood that fill the roads and paths. The houses are tall, he says, but the doors are open. Everyone was family. Shadows may have shrouded the corners of his world, but there were as many lanterns to ward them off. In the night, the sky is a thick, swirling shape of dripping ink. Heavenly bodies illuminate the sky, and he smiles as he looks off into the distance; it feels like they are calling for him.

As he blinks, his vision is bombarded by more vibrant colours. But he frowns, these complexions feel different. Heavy. His hands are rough, calloused, and he holds ... silver? It is jagged at the tip, deathly sharp. A banner of blue flies, tattered. The sky is empty, and a black mass ominously waits in place of... he strains to hear the stars, but they are silent. The earth is ruby red and littered with azure patches... roses? Rose petals? But there are no paths. The colours sway and his heart throbs. He starts trembling, his breathing ragged and─

"Yourself," The other kalon interrupts nervously. "Are you sure?"

Esryn falters. He can not see clearly, and the oh so clear sight of home had turned murky and obscure. His hands hesitate, and they retire from their frantic flurry to Carter's relief. As they are launched into a deep silence he reflects, Who is he really?

I am nobody. My home was who I am. His eyes are wet and shining, because he cannot remember who he was, and home was all he could recall but he knew it was gone. He cannot remember who he is. It is no longer a kaleidoscope, he realises that it never was. It was always just coloured broken glass, and as he takes an unsure look at his hardened hands he decides that maybe he could start becoming somebody worthy.
veridian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eleya » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:17 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username: Eleya
Link to sign-up post: here <3
Prompt response:
"Ah, my actual home really isnt that interesting.", Samael sighed, "its just a simple apartment on the edge of a large city. Sure, there is some nature close. We've got a lake, a large forest and lots of fields, but we also have lots of traffic and can hardly see any stars at night. Too much light from the city you know. I mean, its a place I can call my home, but I dont really like to stay there long. Probably my work place is more a home than this.

You need to know, Im an archeologist. Im always searching for more details on ancient incan and mayan culture. Im most of my time out in the jungle, searching temples and other ruins. Trying to find out how they lived and what they belived in.

Sure, it is a place you face lots of dangers. Wild animals, mostly snakes, spiders and mosquitos can be a real problem. But you can also listen to all the birds singing there.
It is rather warm aswell. Lots of sweating. And right afterwards, you might get into a heavy rain. Well, you most likely dont stay dry.
If you like plants, its probably paradise. I don't care for them that much though... But also fauna is quite fascinating. You should have seen the butterflies.
Ah well, the most fascinating thing about the jungle is the temples though. Guess its not that amazing for everyone, but I simply love to explore these. Old stones that carry so much history. All the gods they had.

Okay okay, Ill stop. I know Im getting lost in my stories easily. You're probably bored already. Dont you want to tell me something about this island? Id love to hear about its mythology."
Eleya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby happysparrow » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:18 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username: happysparrow
Link to sign-up post: beep ♡
Prompt response:

It was unlike Tuna to sit and talk about anything - let alone himself - but there was something about this Kalon that was entrancing and... trustworthy. They seemed truly interested, and Tuna couldn't quite shake the feeling that it may be worthwhile to open up to them, "Well, like I said yesterday, my name is Tuna," he began, "I'm just busy trying to get through life. I didn't want to come on this cruise, but my coworkers said it would do me good... Even if I'm a tiny bit scared of the ocean," That was partially a lie. He was wildly fearful of the thrashing waves and unknown the ocean carried, but this whole cruise was a way to help him with that... hopefully. He still hadn't slept well since he got on, but he wasn't actively shaking or snapping at anyone out of fear anymore, so that was an improvement, "But back home I work at an office, yeah? Doing a lot of paperwork. I'm good with numbers, and... well, I don't like them very much, but you gotta do what you're good at. I would much rather be doing some crochet, or even working with animals, but it's much harder to afford to live doing what you love, so I haven't tried. On a... lighter note, I guess, I live in a small house and like to keep up on my reading and writi ng. Those are my biggest hobbies, and what make me the happiest! It's just me, so it's pretty quiet, but... I don't know. I'm bad at talking about myself..!" He had gotten increasingly flustered through the conversation, having dropped his tough and grumbling facade. Having shown a softer side, he now felt rather vulnerable. Maybe, though, that was okay...
happysparrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me