Longneck Fanclub!

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Platypus for #600?

Yay!
62%
or
29%
Nay!
10%

Total votes : 21

Re: Longneck Fanclub!

Postby Fledgling_Tempest » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:39 pm

mastergirl7 wrote:
Oh I guess your right!
Also no you don't need to pay for anything I can just pay for my own but thank you for the offer! <3

Ah, of course!

I was thinking about the roleplay possibilities and I came up with some many questions about how longneck as a species would function.
  • Are longnecks born with a skull head and if not do they receive their first skulls after birth, is it a coming of age ceremony. Perhaps it's even earned through great deeds.
  • Continuing the first point, are the skulls painted to match the longneck- if so who would be in charge of that?
  • Who are the leaders and how are they decided ( Are packs only family sized or larger? How does this power transfer?)
  • How advance are they, do they exist in settlements or are foragers?

Of course, if they live in packs it would likely mean that each pack has (slightly) different set of rules

@Darrow Sorry to see you go, especially as I feel like I'm just getting into this community. I wish you luck with your art and with life.
    Sunflowers
    Sunshine

I am simply somewhere.
Fledgling_Tempest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThePaintedPitBull » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:00 pm

Fledgling_Tempest wrote:I was thinking about the roleplay possibilities and I came up with some many questions about how longneck as a species would function.
  • Are longnecks born with a skull head and if not do they receive their first skulls after birth, is it a coming of age ceremony. Perhaps it's even earned through great deeds.
  • Continuing the first point, are the skulls painted to match the longneck- if so who would be in charge of that?
  • Who are the leaders and how are they decided ( Are packs only family sized or larger? How does this power transfer?)
  • How advance are they, do they exist in settlements or are foragers?

Of course, if they live in packs it would likely mean that each pack has (slightly) different set of rules

If you don't mind, I'd love to answer some of these questions for you!

As far as the skulls go, we discussed this long ago on the fanclub. For the most part, I like to leave it up to the fan's interpretation. Why don't they show their faces? Where do they find the skulls? All of those are questions that I like to leave a little mystery behind.

They are given skulls immediately after birth though, as mentioned above that they don't like to show they're true faces. As far as a coming of age ceremony, I think that would depend on your pack c:

As most Longnecks typically don't have painted shells, I would say it is left up the family how they want that to work. Say a cub is born and neither the mother or father have paintings on their skulls, they probably won't care for decorating the cub's skulls. Now, a little of family of Longnecks whose parent(s) have painted skulls might prefer to decorate their child's skull so that it is apparent that they are from the same biological family, if they makes sense.

With the leadership questions, Longnecks don't have any systems like that. They work as a team, and whoever would want to step up and be in charge of a task is welcome to do so. Otherwise the do it all together. Longnecks are very social and very dedicated to packs, but don't feel the need to have leaders and such.

Packs are typically larger than just a family, but of course, the size varies. On average I would say each pack is somewhere between 6 to 15, but are just as happy in groups as large as say 40. The more developed and the longer a pack has been around, the larger it will be. So in the beginning it may just be one family.

Lastly, as far as advancement it just depends on the Longneck or its pack. Some live as pets, some live as sort of tribal packs in the forest. Now obviously the Longnecks in the wild don't have terribly advance technology, but they know how make a pointy stick to attack if needed (though they are pretty friendly), and crafts. Longnecks who live as pets may actually be more advanced as they still have that drive to make things, just they have access to more materials. And they're very intelligent creatures, so with the help of humans or another more advanced species they could learn to do just about anything. c:

Hope this helps and didn't bore you too much XD

painted or pitbull
my loves
longnecks and dr.pepper
ThePaintedPitBull

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fledgling_Tempest » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:02 pm

Bore, ah not at all! I absolutely adore this part of fantastical societies, discovering how they function. It also doesn't help I recently took an anthropology class. Though, it seems to be one of those cases where every question asked brings up two more. I did see the discussion that took place earlier in the fanclub it led to many of my original questions ^.^

My thought with the painted skulls, if the skulls are harvested fresh they would likely be blank and many skulls on the longneck adopts appear to match design and colourwise to the longneck so it could be possible that the skulls were painted to do so. Even being passed down individual colouration could differ quite obviously from their relatives so finding a skull to match an individual could be difficult. (It would also show a society that has developed to the point on no longer being totally focused on survival.)

What sort of language or communications do longnecks posses? I would assume something sophisticated, whatever it is, to be able to work as a harmonious team and to create/understand more advance technology (Do they understand human languages?). In terms of non-verbal, I feel like they would have to definitely relay on posturing and tail because the skull covers up most of their face and they seem to lack ears. Ooooh, which brings up another question in terms of what senses (and techniques) they rely on for hunting.

Since they also live in family packs, how do longnecks deal with generation inheritance, and it terms on breedings are they monogamous, do they have particular rules in terms who mates who ( like mating outside the pack)? I'm going to sneak in one last question, are longneck births similar to mammals? Personally I like the idea of them being born immature in kept in a pouch until they mature more.

Many my assumptions are based on the idea that where the longnecks exist is very similar to current, modern earth since they a. live with humans b. are able to visit many modern day locations as shown with the current event and that they presents with some human characteristics.

I'm going to leave it at this for now because otherwise I'll probably get way to convoluted (if I haven't already).
    Sunflowers
    Sunshine

I am simply somewhere.
Fledgling_Tempest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThePaintedPitBull » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:42 am

Hey there everyone!

I'm excited to share with you the newest chapter for Longnecks c:

Welcome to the Longneck Pound!

All of the rules and info are on there, but not only will surrendered Longnecks be found here but also brand new adopts made by our beloved Chiikapuu! It is also the exclusive home of PPS Longnecks :D

I'm really hoping you all will enjoy this, it is totally free and open to everyone!

P.S. I'll answer all your questions a little later Fledgling!

painted or pitbull
my loves
longnecks and dr.pepper
ThePaintedPitBull

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mastergirl7 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:15 pm

ThePaintedPitBull wrote:
Hey there everyone!

All of the rules and info are on there, but not only will surrendered Longnecks be found here but also brand new adopts made by our beloved Chiikapuu! It is also the exclusive home of PPS Longnecks :D

I'm really hoping you all will enjoy this, it is totally free and open to everyone!

Oh my gosh they are all so adorable! Chiikapuu you did such I great job! <3

@ThePaintedPitBull
Hey I have an itsy bitsy question can artists make a longneck for the pound? Or do you pick a random artist each week to make one for the pound unless they can't for whatever reason? Or does just chiikapuu make longnecks for the pound? C:

Awesome people~

My Kals ♡

Hello! I go by Mastergirl7 or Waddely, whatever you prefer to call me. :>
I'm not sure on what to put in my signature so I'll keep it brief. :v
I hope everyone is doing well and I hope you have a nice day/night whoever or wherever you are. Stay safe guys. <3

Avatar made by the awesome artist ChunkyChad please go check them out!
mastergirl7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThePaintedPitBull » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:23 pm

mastergirl7 wrote:
ThePaintedPitBull wrote:
Hey there everyone!

Oh my gosh they are all so adorable! Chiikapuu you did such I great job! <3

@ThePaintedPitBull
Hey I have an itsy bitsy question can artists make a longneck for the pound? Or do you pick a random artist each week to make one for the pound unless they can't for whatever reason? Or does just chiikapuu make longnecks for the pound? C:

You can if you like c: Chiikapuu is the official artist, but you're welcome to help out!

painted or pitbull
my loves
longnecks and dr.pepper
ThePaintedPitBull

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DuskzeHedgie » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:28 pm

Oh my goodness so much news :0
    And adding to it myself, (you suspected right I think Fledgling)

Painted has hired me on as an official artist!! :D

aaaa I'm so excited I get to sick around! You betcha I'm gonna have a lot more bird adopts coming up for you all ;w; A roleplay sounds amazingg!
    I also made my very first normal rare adopt here! =D (though it's not a bird haha) Gonna spend the rest of the evening drawing as well if my wifi holds up<33

Darrow wrote:
Hey everyone, I'm just popping in here to deliver some sad news. I've decided to hang up my artist hat and retire from making longnecks. I've been here since (almost) day one, and It's been an honor and a pleasure working with Painted and all the other artists and helpers, and this community is awesome! You have all been amazing and supportive.
As to why I'm leaving, I'm just that person that gets slapped with art block more and more, and a lot of personal stuff is going on. I'd like to thank everyone for making this community so amazing, and I hope it keeps growing.
Dont worry, I'll still be ghosting on this thread :) and maybe one day coming back as a guest artist

ahh, we're gonna miss you Darrow! X-X I've always really loved your designs, they've got such gorgeous pastel vibes. I hope everything works out okay for you, and that we'll still see you around sometimes!

ThePaintedPitBull wrote:

;o; PPS Longnecks
    I'm squealing
DuskzeHedgie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fledgling_Tempest » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:59 pm

ThePaintedPitBull wrote:
Hey there everyone!

Not to worry! And if you aren't tired of them yet there's always more :) Very excited about the pound as well... and now I realize why my counting was off for my adopt.

DuskzeHedgie wrote:
    Oh my goodness so much news :0
    And adding to it myself, (you suspected right I think Fledgling)

Painted has hired me on as an official artist!! :D

aaaa I'm so excited I get to sick around! You betcha I'm gonna have a lot more bird adopts coming up for you all ;w; A roleplay sounds amazingg!
    I also made my very first normal rare adopt here! =D (though it's not a bird haha) Gonna spend the rest of the evening drawing as well if my wifi holds up<33

That's what I was hoping, congrats Duskze!

"DuskzeHedgie" wrote:
    ;o; PPS Longnecks
    I'm squealing

Me too >.<
I also really like Electra with her floating back spines! let me just go fill out a form
    Sunflowers
    Sunshine

I am simply somewhere.
Fledgling_Tempest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chiikapuu » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:43 pm

Thank you all! I worked and will work really hard on these ^^
┌──────────────┐
HOARDING PPS 2018 EASTER SHEEP DOGGOS PINK AND GREEN
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
└──────────────┘
▐░
▐░
▐░
▐░
▐░
▐░
▐░
▐░
▐░
▐░
▐░
▐░

┌────────────────────────────┐
Image SIGNATURE:©KING KAKASHI
└────────────────────────────┘

[/img]
Chiikapuu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mastergirl7 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:12 pm

Ahh I'm so happy! Me and DuskzeHedge agreed that I get to keep this! one from our breeding and they get the other! The reason I'm posting is I'm looking for a name for her! If anyone has any suggestions please let me know! Thanks guys! <3

Awesome people~

My Kals ♡

Hello! I go by Mastergirl7 or Waddely, whatever you prefer to call me. :>
I'm not sure on what to put in my signature so I'll keep it brief. :v
I hope everyone is doing well and I hope you have a nice day/night whoever or wherever you are. Stay safe guys. <3

Avatar made by the awesome artist ChunkyChad please go check them out!
mastergirl7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me