A cozy log cabin... [Game #12 Closed!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: A cozy log cabin... [Game #1 Open!]

Postby Mimu » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:02 am

Tell me about yourself! | What's it like where your Kalon is from?
      Username | Mimu
      Link to sign-up post | here
      Prompt response |
        "Well, i don't live in a magical place like everyone does." she said, rolling her eyes a little. "it's just like a normal town." Calixte placed her hands onto her hips, "A lot of "trendy teens" walk around, like me." she pointed to her chest, "Many shops filled with clothes and food, but nothing special." she said.

"my parents wanted me to get out more into the world. So, they sent me away to here." as she looked around, "it's nice!" she said. "better place than home."
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

x
xx
Xx( ㅅ´ ˘ ` ) ── ★ ˙ ̟
Tinky | Artist | Adult
"I gave you all i had...i did"
xXXx✦ | Kals |
xxxxxArt credit !

Mimu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tcw » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:05 am

Tell me about yourself!
    Username: beeghost
    Link to sign-up post: here!
    Prompt response:
    "Well..." Xander took a seat on the tree stump and looked up at the sky. He took in a deep breath before continuing on. "I'm from Texas I guess, moved to Cali when I was 'round 6." He fixed the position he sat in and got comfortable on the very hard wood. "Ma' never really payed me no attention, so I guess I started doin' my own thing. Took up surfin' early in life, my third grade teacher was a sweetie and bought me my own board 'n sometimes she'd take me to the beach with her kids. It was nice." He shifted once again, wiggling in excitement. "Oh! Then I met Cilantro! We went to surfin' camp together when we were 8, been friends since." Xander paused and smiled to himself, looking over at Carter. "Then..." He breathed almost holding back a laugh. "He had the dumbest Idea to start a youtube channel.. he started workin' a part-time job and I'd steal money from my mom's wallet, and together we bought him a camera. He started recording me doing surfin' stunts and we'd upload them together."
    Carter looked up from his rock mining and raised his eyebrow. Xander smiled in return and rubbed the back of his neck and let out a nervous laugh. "Well It didn't even get much attention... 'n somewhere along the ways when we got older we started recording ghost huntin' videos ahah! Never really caught proof of a ghostie, but we have recorded some other things."
    "Like what?" Carter asked, leaning a forward a little. Xander looked around the forest, as if someone was watching before leaning forward as well and whispering. "Ya believe in the Kraken?" Xander leaned back on the wood stump and let out a sharp laugh. "You wouldn't believe how friendly the guy could be if ya' just stopped to say hello." He smiled at himself, lookings down the path which he had came from, the path towards the beach. He let out a long sigh. "I wonder where Lanni is.." He mumbled before nodding his head at Carter and wiping some dust off his beach shorts. "I should probably go find that bug, before he gets himself hurt. Lord knows what I'll do with that man- Probably divorce him!" He let out a loud hearty laugh, before waving goodbye to Carter again and smiling happily. "Maybe if you come 'round the beach sometime I can introduce ya' to him."
    "Your husband?" Carter called after Xander who was quickly walking away.
    "Nah, the kraken!"
tcw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

prompt 01.

Postby black water » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:08 am

username: loki, | link to sign-up post: | prompt response: ↓↓
    lucien glanced around, making sure that carter wasn't talking to anyone else. he couldn't see anyone else nearby, so he had to assume that carter was talking to him. "oh, well, i live in a big city," he began. "i don't get out a lot unless i'm heading out to work. i'm a barista, if you wanted to know. but uh, since i don't really get out a lot, i don't talk to a whole lot of people." he let out a sigh and looked over at carter, hoping he wasn't too uninterested. he was a little surprised to see a reassuring smile on carter's face instead of a bored expression. well, if carter still wanted to hear more, he could continue, he supposed. he didn't have anywhere else to be and it was quite relaxing to tell someone about something familiar.

"anyways, the city i live in is just your average populated place. a lot of people rushing to get where they need to be. it's really easy to get lost in if you don't know your way around," lucy explained, making motions with his hands as well. he had to admit, this wasn't nearly as bad as he thought. he had expected that he would be panicking and freaking out if this happened. but despite the cruise just having a malfunction, he might still end up having a nice time. the people on the island seemed fairly nice. or maybe just the ones that he had talked to were.

lucy watched carter nod along to show that he was still paying attention. "the city's nice sometimes, but it's nothing compared to where i used to live. i used to live in a cozy house on a big lake. there were a couple other houses out there, but not many. so i usually got the lake to myself most times. it was fun out there, i learned to do a lot of stuff. i can't really apply a lot of those skills to my daily life now, but they're still good to know, he said with a dreamy look on his face. "i eventually moved because i thought i needed to go somewhere that felt like my home. it was a nice place, but it just didn't feel like home home, you know?" lucy told him. and that was true. though he did love the location, it sometimes made him feel lonely. "but i think i get why now. when i moved to the city, i met my boyfriend, reagan. he moved in with me and whenever i'm with him, it feels like home. wherever he is is where my home is," he gushed with a grin on his own face. the city wasn't really his favorite place in the whole world and he could definitely think of other places he'd like to live in, but it was still nice. he was sure if he went back to the lake with reagan it would be a lot better. "maybe we'll move back there one day, i haven't really brought it up yet."

carter looked delighted to hear how the story went. "that's real nice! 'm happy for you two," he enthused. "reagan sounds like a nice guy." lucy nodded in agreement. he always felt lucky to be with someone like reagan.

"he really is. he was the one who convinced me to go on this trip, actually. i didn't really want to go and i said that he should, but he insisted that i needed a break. i think he does and he doesn't realize it. but i think- i'm sorry, i'm just rambling, i'll stop now," lucy cut himself off, blushing out of embarrassment. carter just laughed and patted him on the shoulder.

"not a problem! 'm sorry, but i've gotta get back to my work. it was great talking to you, though! maybe you can tell me more 'bout yourself next time you come by. have a good one!" carter hummed happily. lucien gave him a small wave and a smile before taking his leave. well, if everything else went wrong, he could at least say that he made a new friend on his trip.
x
x
x
x

baz, he/him || kals
ESFP
// sirbazicus ☄️🦋🌊
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
so stay with me
hold my hand
there's no need
to be brave

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
sig @ pawschamp
icon @ fūi

black water

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyborgishly » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:21 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username: cyborgishly
Link to sign-up post: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=4123900&p=125969618&hilit=cyborgishly#p125969618
Prompt response:

“well, you see, i’m not like other people,” rudy stated, a piece of grass glittering between his fingers, and then placed in his mouth. “ive lived in a place like this my whole life. part of the kingdom was shrouded in greenery and life, while the other half drifted and flowed with the coming and going of the tide. you see, i’m a prince. my fathers’ land stretched from one arm to another, and everything in between.” Rudy has outstretched his arms as he said so, wiggling his fingers on one hand to another. “however, my favorite place is the beach. i love exploring the sand for creatures and discarded what-nots. our home, which, yes, is a castle, rests close to the shore, and the forest, and both places are in walking distance. my father roswell married into the family, but he was born on the island, and he loves to show me and my siblings every nook and cranny of the island.

“so, this island, this magical place, weirdly reminds me of home. anywhere there is sea and forest both in harmony, it brings up the wonderful memories of my home, and hopefully, i’ll be able to know more about the place itself. it’s own tales are just waiting to be explored, and i’ll be the one to grasp them in my hands and dive right into its history”
this is calcutta,
bohemia is dead
cyborgishly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Awkward Interactions (Game #1)

Postby Deercan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:30 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username: Deercan
Link to sign-up post: wahoo
Prompt response:

Xander had been busily searching his travel backpack for a bottle of merlot when Carter posed the question. Paws now shaking nervously, he dropped his backpack, wincing as he heard the sound of glass shattering. Great. He'd have to clean up the wine mess later. Hopefully his camera was still okay.

"Me? Well, oh,," he glanced around to make sure no one was in hearing range. "I live in your average small city, or large town, it doesn't really matter. My boyfriend Zer- I mean Eli and I live in an old apartment on the east outskirts of town, with our three kids." The rent had never been payed and everything in the apartment had been stolen from somewhere, but he wasn't ready to talk about his boyfriend's life of crime just yet.

"And what about yourself? Any interesting things happen in your life?" As friendly as Carter seemed to be, Xander felt like he was a bit suspicious.

"My childhood isn't important, let's not chat about that. I guess you could say I work at a theatre now? Eli, he works for the local bank, and we've enrolled our kids in a very expensive school for young kalons." Lies, all lies. But was he going to let some probably undercover cop know that? No chance. If he let him know all that, he might as well show off his dark magic skills!

"Thanks for telling me about yourself! You seem like a really good guy, Eli sure is lucky!" Carter smiled. Maybe.. maybe he was just a normal kalon with a normal life, and not some secret spy? The indigo kalon sighed with relief, although still not fully trusting of this strange kalon. He reached into his bag, and grabbed the only remaining unbroken bottle of Chardonnay.

Wait. This was a bottle of orange mango juice! He turned to Carter, juice bottle awkwardly held in his paws.

"Care for a drink?"
Deercan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

xx

Postby allu » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:35 am

tell me about yourself!

username: alluvium

link to sign-up post: x

prompt response:

208 words

"you want to know about me?" cara murmured, slightly questioning, and thinking of a reply. "well, i recently moved into my own home after living with my dads for twenty years. i live in an apartment in the city, and it's quite nice. its always busy, and at night the whole town is lit up. i'ts very pretty." she chuckled a bit. "i have a girlfriend, her name's capricia. she's a cartographer and i'm a photographer so our jobs kinda go hand in hand. we do a lot of exploring and traveling to new countries and things like that so i don't actually know a ton about my city." she ponders her next sentence before continuing, hoping to keep the attention of the blonde kalon. "there's plenty of attractions in my city, lots of opportunities to shop and eat. it's a very popular tourist town actually. i don't know if you've ever been, it's called qora." carter nods as cara tells about her home. "i don't believe i've been, but maybe i should some day. it seems quite nice." he replies with a smile. "well you should certainly go one day. but yeah, it is, i'm glad to call it my home." she smiled right back at him
allu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thani » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:37 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username: Thani
Link to sign-up post: Here

Prompt response:

Juliette smiled, watching carter hard at work.
Thoughts of home flooded her mind, and she averted her eyes to the beautiful treeline.
"Well, to be honest this place is the exact opposite of where I live." She let out a soft chuckle.
"Its more peaceful, serene....beautiful." She trailed off a bit, trying to find her words.

Carter laughed a bit from beside her.
"Sounds like you don't miss it much." a welcomed vacation then?"

She shook her head a bit, while not completely true..maybe she didn't miss home as much as she thought she would.
"I do miss it, of course I do its home. Its just...everything back in the city is so fast paced. Its hard to keep up sometimes."

He nodded in understanding, stopping to wipe some sweat from his brow as she continued on about her home life.

"You see I run a shop back home, with my closest friend. She saw how hard I was working during the holidays she all but put me on the kruise herself."
She sniked to herself thinking about her sister. Wondering how she was doing running the shop by herself while she was gone.

"I wish she could have come with me, but while the busy season is gone orders still do come in from time to time."
She glanced over to carter, watching him for a moment.
A blush creeped up onto her face as she explained the next part.
Wondering how silly it would sound to someone here.

"We get orders from all over the place, letters...explaining..feelings ? Um...love letters if you will."
She tugged at a piece of her hair, trying to find the best words to explain her business.

"We get them, and then we send them to the appropriate address, but anonomously. Sometimes we add in cute goodies, depends on what the customer wants.....
I make and do everything by hand. It gets..tedious"
Tedious as it may have been juliette loved working in her shop, sure it could get hectic at times but she had fun. And reading all the letters that came in...that was the best part.

"City life is nice and all but I think I prefer this." She finally said after much thinking.
"Theres just something so...mysterious about it. And relaxing."
She said the last bit mostly to herself, as she leaned back,turning her attention back towards carter.

"Enough about my repetitive life though, this place seems huge...tell me more about the island?"

Thani | Any Pronouns | Frog lover| Stars TH | OC TH
pfp by Swishy & Broken Page Doll by néktar
Thani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bostonlobstah » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:52 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username: Sugar Silkie~
Link to sign-up post: here!
Prompt response:
"Well, uh--it's kinda--" Melody fumbled over her words, then paused. Carter was asking her a question; he was invested in what she had to say. It was okay, he would understand whatever she said. She took a deep breath and began.
“I grew up in a terrible city. It was dark, and gray, and so was everyone who lived there. The mayor was oppressive and money was tight. My parents--they were constantly in debt. We were forced to sell our shabby house when I was fourteen years old.
“It took a while to sell. We priced it too high for most people in the city, but we needed the money. Every day we were starving, just waiting and hoping for someone to help us. Finally, a family with three children purchased the house. They lived in a large townhouse previously, but were now too poor to afford living there. As soon as we got the money, we escaped the city and moved far away, to a small apartment in a big city. It wasn’t perfect, but it was far better than where we were before. This city was much more full of life.
I still live in that city to this day. It fits my needs. There’s a tea shop down the street from my condominium, and an ice cream parlor even farther down. There's a water fountain with mermaids in the middle of town. It rains a lot but I have my pink umbrella, and there’s always a rainbow. So I don’t think I’ll be moving anytime soon.” Melody smiles a little, thinking about her home.
bostonlobstah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnightkitkat » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:54 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username: Midnightkitkat
Link to sign-up post: X
Prompt response:
    Latona was puzzled for quite a while. Unsure on how to go about describing herself, and debating on what all she was comfortable sharing with this stranger. "I suppose I'm easy to get along with but I don't do well with long distance." Speaking low she for a moment worried that the sentence had ended at the thought stage and hadn't even been spoken. Continuing on in a bit more of an embarrassing rush, "Flowers are my passion, and I do like to think of myself as a humorous person. My son seems to think so." Gosh she hoped he was well.
    "Oh! Yes I'm a single mother. My son is currently staying with his friend for the duration of the trip. Although I need to contact them to warn them of the delay." A smile graced her features more prominently the longer to spoke of her son. Going on and on about his antics and joys that brightened her days every moment he was with her. She hadn't realized exactly how long she had gone on but her face quickly heated up once she realized. "I'm terribly sorry! I was supposed to be telling you about myself and I've raved off about my son again. Do forgive me!"
Midnightkitkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby abxy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:55 am

Tell me about yourself!
    Username: juno steel
    Link to sign-up post: here
    Prompt response:
      Cocoa thought back to his home city. This Carter guy didn’t seem all that bad, although first impressions never meant much.

Whole place smelled like old cigarettes, god help the asthmatics, but you got used to it unless you spent all your days cooped up inside. Even with all its color, it wasn’t the kind of pretty city in all those neon-lit photos you think of when you think big city. If anything, the only photos you’d be taking in it would be mugshots, if your camera wasn’t stolen first. Ever wonder why, despite its high population, there weren’t many good pictures of it out there?

No one wanted to live there. If that’s where you lived, you’d gone wrong somewhere and you knew it.

Broken billboards. Years-long construction work that never went anywhere and never tried. Soon-to-be-ex-couples screaming, sirens, gunshots, the sound of bottles of bottom-shelf booze smashed against either a wall or someone’s head and you wouldn’t know which unless you looked but why would you look when you don’t spare a glance to wrecks anymore, when you can’t take your focus off making sure the phone in your pocket’s still there at the end of the day, and, and—

Well.

You know, the little old lady running that flower shop was running organized crime, too, and the guy you socked yesterday was in on it. Authorities might as well be honorary members. Give it two days and, as word spread, you’d have half the city and then some after you, if you were lucky. Everyone’s got a criminal record, even the pure-hearted supermodel (unsatisfied with her life) on every billboard.

And with that, Cocoa settled on his answer.

“It’s big, and it’s dreary, and colorful. The place reeks of half-realized dreams and broken promises, it’s made up of criminals with nowhere else to go. And it’s home.”
Last edited by abxy on Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
abxy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me