The edge of the woods.... [Final Results Up!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Adrenaline rush? Yes please!

Postby synastry » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:56 pm

Sign-up Time!
Username: synastry;
Link to roll call post: xx
Prompt response:
So, Seki, are you looking forward to the Test of Courage?
Yes, I am! It's gonna be super fun and exciting.

You seem very excited! Others look like they're not looking forward to it. Why are you going?
Well I'm going because I love hiking. Plus, there's a super scary aspect to this as well. I haven't had a good adrenaline rush in a while, so I can't wait to start. The thought of going through the woods at night because I can? Pff, you're a wimp if you don't go!

Well then! It seems you're going to have a blast! Do you think you will make it through to the very end?
Oh yeah, of course I will! I'd be letting myself down if I don't! I mean, after all, it can't be the worst thing I'll ever experience. Besides, I was born to do this! I'm going to finish this hike.

What are you looking forward to the most for this Test of Courage?
I can't wait for when things really start. Some people are probably gonna say they can't wait for it to end, or for it to start, but things always get interesting in the middle. It'll start out ok, but as the night drags on, the fear will build up and that's when people will start to chicken out.

It seems you know what you're talking about! Well, I think we have our interview done! Good luck on the hike, Seki!
Cool! Can't wait to see how many Kampers make it through!

After the interview finished, Seki wrote down her name in her swirly handwriting before stopping to think. If she was going to make it through to the end and get some of those prizes, she'd have to do her best on this hike. But of course, no matter how much someone said they weren't afraid, there's always some fear in them. Seki's friend, Avalonia, always says "Those who show no fear are always the most afraid."
๐‘ฐ๐‘บ ๐‘ณ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฒ๐‘ฌ ๐‘จ โ”

โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ

๐‘ป๐‘ฏ๐‘ฌ๐‘น๐‘ฌโœ๐‘บ ๐‘ณ๐‘ถ๐‘ป๐‘บ ๐‘ถ๐‘ญ ๐‘ท๐‘น๐‘ฐ๐‘ช๐‘ฒ๐‘บ

โ”xxxxโ”“
โ”–xxxxโ”š
โ”xxxxxxxxxxโ”“
Hihi! Call me
Syn. Hit me up
with a trade!
โ”–xxxxxxxxxxโ”š
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” ๐‘ฉ๐‘ผ๐‘ป ๐‘ฐ๐‘ปโœ๐‘บ ๐‘จ๐‘ณ๐‘บ๐‘ถ
synastry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Nocturnal Sunflower ๐ŸŒป

Postby khvoxtic » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:44 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: planiteri
Link to roll call post: Boop
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
Prompt Response:

Skye looked over the expertly made sign up sheet, head tilting as they examined it and looked around. Reaching for the pen, the unconsciously started the cycle through the colours, listening to each click it made as he pressed one colour down and the previous had sprung back up. Logically, it would be fine. The councillors couldn't legally do anything to hurt them, he knew that. Besides, what exactly was the thrill of walking through a forest at night anyway? The fear of the unknown? Was it just the idea of it being dark that caught others attention? The idea of being able to stay up late? Whatever it was, it had obviously caught more than a handful of peoples attention.

Looking at the list of names that had already signed, Skye shrugged, lifting the pen up to scrawl his name in the next free space. It was hardly eligible in the light blue colour that the pen had been clicked onto, twirling it around Skye found a darker colour and wrote over it, regardless of the colour it was hard to make out his name. His handwriting was horrible. Scratchy and angular, minimal spacing between the letters... It had always been like this... It's why most of his English assignments were typed out instead.

Clicking the pen a few more times as he twirled it in his hand, contemplating the up and coming hike for a few seconds. Putting the pen back for the next kalon to use he turned, walking back to join the rest of the crowd.

What could go wrong?

243 Words
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆโ–
โ–ˆโ–
โ–ˆโ–
โ–ˆโ–
โ–ˆโ–
โ–ˆโ–
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”
[Emersyn โฏ]
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”
they/them | adult
โ–ทkals xโ–ทdm me
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
Feel free to DM me here or on discord if you
need to get in contact with me for anything!

[@khvoxtic on Dis] always open for a chat!
khvoxtic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Suck it up, Buttercup

Postby womp womp » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:59 am

Sign-up Time!

Username: Diamond Sapphire
    Link to roll call post: ayo
    Prompt response: Yeah, no -- the 'Test of Courage' wasn't ideal (quite scary, considering the pen to sign up was bright pink), though Faith couldn't help but shakily sign up. It didn't seem... horrible! Not bad, at least. Actually, a bit bad. But Faith wiped the sweat from her forehead and forced herself to look at the sign up sheet (and the pink pen) and beam with confidence. What's the worst that could even happen?

Did Faith want to go? ... Partially. But did she force herself to? Yeah, pretty much. It built a lot of anticipation within her, and maybe a bit of fear (maybe), but she'd be okay, surely! Besides, if anything bad happened to her, she'd be able to flame it all on Beni and Iphis, though that probably wasn't the best idea. Really, Faith was overall interested in this 'test'. There could be absolutely anything out in the forest -- anything! -- but dismissing the thoughts of snakes, bears and dark places and maybe even a haunted spirit or two, Faith told herself one little thing ;;

"Suck it up."

[177 words]
womp womp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The edge of the woods.... [OPEN!]

Postby Mima » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:19 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: Mima
Link to roll call post: Here
Prompt response:

Perfectly manicured nails. Hair neatly tied back. Winged eyeliner applied with a flick. Frilled clothes spotless, free of stains and even lint.

She was dressed for a party, not a camping trip. Especially not one involving hiking into the woods. But the glow about her smile was undeniable.

The Kalon's tail flicked as she walked, adjusting the bag of "supplies"- mostly snacks- she had on her shoulder. The idea of a mortal camp was fascinating to the angel, who knew little of their customs. What was it that drew mortals together to go out somewhere dangerous, tell scary stories, and eat sweets? Some instinctual part of their upbringing, perhaps? The feeling of bonding through harsh times amongst a group, even if those tribulations were manufactured? A desire to seem stronger to their peers? Just the warm refreshment of coming home afterward and diving right into a hot S'more?

Not that she could scoff at that last one.

So she took the pen in hand, pulled her reading glasses from her pocket with the other, (taking the time to adjust them to be over her middle set of eyes) and squinted at the sheet. And she scribbled her name on the list, signed with a heart- "Parhelia."

"Funny name. Foreign?"

The Kalon's smile shone even brighter as she turned back to meet the gaze of the two counselors.

"You could say that."

[232/150]

it's a dream that's not like a dream-

intp 5w6 | roleplays | any pronouns
dragon game | neopets | toyhou.se
Mima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chickpea » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:24 am

Sign-up Time!
Username:CompleteChicken
Link to roll call post:link
Prompt response:

(170 words)

The sign up sheet near the woods interested zenith, so he decided to check it out

It seemed to be for a hike,

He and his cardinal Wilbur live in the woods anyway,so he wasn't scared, so he quickly signed up.
While he was writing the paper caught a breeze and caused him to accidentally write 'Zenity'
"Arh not again" he complained.Wilbur (who was on his shoulder) chirped at him.

"I know, right?" He replied

Wilbur tweeted

"Hmm, probably just going to be a nice little hike, I don't think there are bears around here"zenith replied
He started walking back towards camp,"it will be fun to go exploring with others for once"

Zenith was some-what excited for the 'test of courage"
He was not scared at all, but he did wonder why it was called the 'Test of courage'
Wilbur however was a bit nervous.

As the day went on zenith got more and more excited by the 'test of courage'
He wanted to know what it meant,
Chickpea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SaltyBirb » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:32 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: SaltyBirb
Link to roll call post: <3
Prompt response:
hopefully this acceptable huhu
SaltyBirb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby uฮทsฯฮตcifiฮตd ยขryาtiษ— » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:24 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: Drasheep
Link to roll call post: Here!
Prompt response:
"Now I can finally prove to you that I AM brave, and that I am fully capable without you!"
she/they - infp - cryptid/fallow
toyhouse / FR /
uฮทsฯฮตcifiฮตd ยขryาtiษ—

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stan. » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:26 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: IlluminatiConfirmed
Link to roll call post: Here!
Prompt response:

Spinning the pen between her fingers, as best as she could with the ridiculous size that thing had to hold that many colors, Eliza heavily considered writing down a fake name and locking herself into a cabin to not go along.

They're bluffing. They're joking, Eliza tried to assure herself that there was nothing 'spooky' in those woods. Even though she had seen weird moments on the trees on her way here.

But that shouldn't be scary! That could've been some animal, or a counselor messing around to scare little kits away from the forest. Because they could get lost easily.

But Eliza was no little kit (in her opinion), so she couldn't be afraid. She was smart enough to know the adults were kidding, and that she was brave enough! She could and would go on the hike, it would be fun. Maybe they would find a stream, or small trinkets to take home to her father.

Her father would love small gifts from Kamp, like feathers and rocks, maybe flowers even! They would need to be dried out though.

She smiled writing down her name with the color purple, as her team, and double checked the departure hour before handing the pen back to one counselors.

Pretty late, but that was okay. Surely a lot of people would come along too.

...hopefully.
    โ–Š

stan [he/him]
    i speak spanish & english
    artshop
stan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NightFlame22 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:36 am

NightFlame22 โ—Œ Roll Call โ—Œ Alouette

Alouette bit her lip as she considered signing up for the โ€œTest of Courage.โ€ As an introvert, she could tell this would be very outside her comfort zone, but then again, so was the entirety of Kamp. Objectively speaking, going out into the woods, especially dark, ominous woods, was not the smartest thing to do. Doing so at night would be even more risky. What nocturnal creatures might be waiting for them, ready to pounce from the bushes? And goodness, the bugs. Theyโ€™d be crawling all over everywhere, surely, and sheโ€™d have no way of seeing them before they got to her. She wasnโ€™t the biggest fan of bugs.

But then againโ€ฆ Alouette did love the outdoors, if only to enjoy the peace and quiet. And night was always full of beautiful stars. The hike could give her some inspiration for her next music composition. She wouldnโ€™t be alone, for sure, and the counselors would make sure she made it back safely. Iphis clearly had some sense in his head, and Beni was - she smiled a bit as she remembered the pat on the back - definitely very strong. Plus, this could be an interesting way to make some friends with the other campers who dared to come. Maybe she could use this as an opportunity to break out of her shell a little. Maybe she could even be seen asโ€ฆ brave? Maybe somewhat cool? She wasnโ€™t ready to become super popular by any means, but sheโ€™d be glad for a friend or two. Goodness knows she could use the companionship.

She rifled through her pack to see what supplies she had. Flashlight, bug spray, first aid kit, granola barsโ€ฆ she was well-prepared, if nothing else. Besides, she could always ask the counselors about what to bring and pick up other items at the gift shop. Slipping her bag back onto her shoulders, Alouette decided sheโ€™d go out on the hike. She took the multicolored pen, picking a cherry-red color to match her hair ribbons, and signed her name in a nimble cursive. With a slight nod of determination, she replaced the pen and headed back to her cabin to get ready.

(361 words)
โ”Œโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚

โ””โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”˜
โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
x
Hiya! The name's NightFlame, but most call me Night or Flame.
I'm just an exciteable person who loves art and dragons!
Feel free to PM me if you need anything at all <3
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘

โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

NightFlame22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cherrydoge » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:55 am

Sign-up Time!
Username: cherrydoge | Link to roll call post: here!

Prompt response:
Hesitantly, Enrico approached the sign up sheet. Surely it wouldn't be that bad, right? Not nearly as bad as the time he and his friend Reagan caused a public disturbance after getting tipsy, which in turn caused them to get thrown into a holding cell. That was embarrassing. So screaming from getting a little spook wouldn't be nearly as bad. Grabbing the bright pink pen, a throwback to his younger years, he clicked it to black and wrote his name on the sheet and embarrassingly scuttled off so everyone else could sign up for it.

He was slightly apprehensive about the whole 'Test of Courage.' There were little kids here, hopefully they wouldn't go too hard on them. Right? Enrico was somewhat excited to go, despite his uncertainty about it, mostly because there was little to no thrill in his life as of late and walking into a forest full of God only knows what, getting spooked by the Kamp Counselors or whatever else was in there would be something good to get the blood pumping.

[176 words]
leaving. pm me if anythings important, i still get email notifs
cherrydoge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me