❧ The Arboretum: Fanclub!

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: ❧ The Arboretum: Fanclub!

Postby yellow paint » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:17 pm

Tubla wrote:three more colour swaps! Personally I'm tied between 2 and 3, but I think I like the third one? also tried a wood roof, but I think the black looks better. Light colours made it feel like it wasn't closed off.

This'll be the last one since I don't want to cross over the weekly prompt. I'll run like, five different polls on the main thread after.

(also
ahah I'm super proud of that :'B)

THAT BOOK IS ADORABLE AH

my favorite theme was the third one.

Where do you keep all your jars? Draw or describe where you would display your jars if you had them in real life!

i would keep my jars in my spare bedroom that nobody but my cats ever sleep in. it used to be a pretty grass green, but over a decade worth of sun faded it to more of a light sage. one wide window lets in tons of sunlight at all hours of the day since it's at the corner of my house. in the room, there's a large tan chair and stool, an old dresser, and my plants. i have two air plants in a sea urchin shell hanging from the ceiling, which look like jellyfish. on the dresser, there's a row of succulents, catnip, herbs, and other small plants growing in the sunlight. i also have my easel and all of my art supplies, so it's safe to say i'm in there a lot. i would put the succulents on the dresser and in my plant towers. the tank with jeffrey my axolotl would go near my dwarf hamsters for company. c:
Last edited by yellow paint on Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
what’s up?

refresh for a new terrarium c:

yellow paint

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ❧ The Arboretum: Fanclub! [Weekly Prompt 1]

Postby OrangeSocks » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:32 pm

Where do you keep all your jars? Draw or describe where you would display your jars if you had them in real life!
Ooo. Having four cats, there are very few safe places in my house for my terrariums, but there's this medium sized window in the bathroom that the majority of the cats leave alone, so that might be a night place. However, my family is moving soon, and there's this huge window in the living room. In an ideal world, the cats would sit on one side and the plants on the other ^^

Orange - She/Her - kalons
    ------------------------------
    Nervous bean doing her best.
    Happy to chat! Lover of D&D,
    Star Trek, drawing, & cats!
OrangeSocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tubla » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:34 am

@OrangeSocks Woah, I really love the awareness part of that! I'll probably extend it to urban greenery in general? I could also make a simple recycling/sort game, and have people PM me like a code that showed up at the end. (that'd actually be really fun to code!! :O)

@Catskitten ah, unfortunately savannahs aren't super well known for flora :c Will add the world event, though!

also, after counting votes, it seems that the third version won!

If you haven't already, be sure to fill that prompt out!
Thanks! c:
tubla

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aray17 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:35 am

I actually have several succulent terrariums in real life and I keep them on my nightstand in front of my window. They do really well here because they get enough sun. I have created all 4 of them myself and some of the succulents are cuttings from my big succulents outside. I would have to get more room to put more terrariums on my nightstand haha
aray17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fawn- » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:18 pm

I would keep all my jars on my bookshelf which has lots of nick nacks. It next to my bed with all my collections of gemstones and glass animals and miniatures.
fawn-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Slugitty » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:20 am

Last day to submit responses for this week! c:
𝐈𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐊𝐘 ───➤➤
▐▐│ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
▐▐│ 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃
┌ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ┐
Slugs | They/Them | 20
└ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ┘
┌ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ┐

> Fursuiter
> Artist
> Suitmaker
> BNA
> Warriors
> Del Toro
> Ghibli

└ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ┘
ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴏꜰ
𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐒
➤➤➤➤➤
Slugitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ❧ The Arboretum: Fanclub!

Postby ✮ deathcore » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:47 am

as a book lover, i have quite a few book shelves, but not all are for books.
i have two or three for movies, about five for books, and then there's my personal favorite;
the garden shelf.
the garden shelf isn't really a garden, i have various plants, stuff like succulents and small flowers,
but my most favorite part of the garden shelf is the terrariums.
they're my most prized possessions, perfectly centered on the top of the shelf, as if they were gazing down at
all of their peers.
everyone's a fan of the little terrariums, and i can see why.
they're pretty happy there, at least i think so.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
╭─────────────────────────.★..─╮
xImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx──────
xx╰┈➤ mads ✧˖° infp ✧˖° eternally emo
hi !! i love music and getting silly. i have 2
frogs and a fun snail & i love them. my pms
are always open !! would love 2 chat w u :3
xImage
xXXxxImage
╰─..★.─────────────────────────╯
✮ deathcore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Slugitty » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:46 pm

Hey guys! Everyone who submitted a response for week 1 has been awarded seaglass, everyone's responses were so lovely (made me happy reading through everyones ideas) and a few people got some extra seaglass!

Butty mcbuttsface +10sg
Catskitten +10sg
Yellow paint +20sg(hm mention awarded for creativity)
Orange socks +10sg
aray17 +10 sg
♦fawn♦ +15sg(HM since thats my current IRL set up)
Reb,, +20 (HM for creativity)

New prompt is up!
Last edited by Slugitty on Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
𝐈𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐊𝐘 ───➤➤
▐▐│ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
▐▐│ 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃
┌ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ┐
Slugs | They/Them | 20
└ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ┘
┌ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ┐

> Fursuiter
> Artist
> Suitmaker
> BNA
> Warriors
> Del Toro
> Ghibli

└ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ┘
ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴏꜰ
𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐒
➤➤➤➤➤
Slugitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ❧ The Arboretum: Fanclub! [Weekly Prompt 2]

Postby FluffyBirdie » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:38 pm

If your terrarium was a person, what would the look like and what kind of person would they be?
(It's about this 'jar')
If a person was based on this jar, she would be a treasure diver. One of those people who explore shipwrecks for anything of historical value, or anything that she could sell. She would be a hoarder though, so anything she finds that isn't world-changing or important, she'll stash on a shelf, proudly displayed. As a diver, she loves the ocean, and would have a pond at her home, filled with any plant that remotely floats and heaps and heaps of koi fish. She would be open-minded and humble, since, well, she was only a small person in a big ocean, and in the big scheme of things, small problems don't really matter, so there's no point making a mountain out of a sand pile.

──── ────
|| Kalons || TH ||
★★★
Selling OCs, lf art/c$!
Pixel animation shop

──── ────

click on art for credit! avatar credit
FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ❧ The Arboretum: Fanclub! [Weekly Prompt 2]

Postby yellow paint » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:23 am

If your terrarium was a person, what would the look like and what kind of person would they be?

if this terrarium was a person, i imagine they would be a young mailman who just started out. he gets lost a lot, but blames his lateness on traffic. the mailman swears he's only there to help his grandfather, who owns the post office, and definetly not because the last stop on his route is cute.

the mailman is tall and clumsy, about 6'3 / 193cm, and is all long limbs and curly brown hair. he wears gold circular glasses and has terrible vision, but has shining amber eyes the color of caramel. he's funny and warm-hearted, but has a short temper and gets angry easily.

the mailman named his mailtruck greased lightning ironically— the actual truck is slow and grey, and probably can't travel faster than 45 mph / 72 kph, but he tells the cute person on his last stop (who unapologetically thinks he's cute, too) that it can go much faster.
what’s up?

refresh for a new terrarium c:

yellow paint

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me