Kalon Community Raffle [CLOSED, ROLLED]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Kalon Community Raffle [OPEN]

Postby .Eclipse. » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:08 am

Username + User ID#: .Eclipse. 254076
Feedback: [this can be an event suggestion, a rule or guideline you'd like to see, encouragement for the staff and community, really anything goes here there is no min or max <3: Congrats on ownership! I am fairly new to the community, been trying out for Kalons for the last month or two, and so far I’m super content with everything within the species! Such a diverse and consistent amount of Kalons are created, staff are pleasant, community is supporting, and to maintain those qualities in such a large community is impressive ! Kalon community seems to be held with a lot of integrity, and overall kind to deal with. The latest event was super cute, and the competitions had a lot of variety! I wish I had something to suggest, but I honestly do not. As for encouragement, all the staff keep up the great work!
■ she/her
■ sagittarius
My KalonsImage
.Eclipse.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sheepsorrel » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:17 am

Username + User ID#: conradical 413649
Feedback: i would love to see some smaller, more casual events like other members here. i imagine these could be similar to minigames seen in previous events, though the minigame would be the entire event. one focused on bringing non-owners into the community would be awesome - maybe something that encourages partnership between an owner and non-owner to complete an activity! :)
previously cupcake frosting - my kalons
sheepsorrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gasp » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:21 am

Username + User ID#: Granger + 908901
Feedback: I just wanna say im so impressed w the staff and the whole community!! collecting kals and participating in the community has been so much fun. ive only had good interactions with everybody. staff and community members have been so kind and respectful, even when I goof up. keep it up y'all and congrats on full ownership <3
gasp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sylveonsweetie987 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:24 am

Username + User ID#: sylveonsweetie987 #959306
Feedback: know what would be neat? Another standard tail, I think. I'm not a great fan of current options.
♥♥♥

♥ Hi, I'm Syl (she/her), your friendly neighborhood procrastinator! I make art and stuff like that ♥
♥ Autism ♥ ADHD ♥ Asexual Lesbian ♥ Jewish ♥
♥ Current hyperfixations: The Owl House, Kalons ♥

♥ I'm @/sylsoddsandends on Tumblr, if you want to see art/writing/etc! ♥

Trade me!My Kalons

♥♥♥
sylveonsweetie987

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meoauniaea » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:25 am

Username + User ID#: Syelfavaki 788602
Feedback: [this can be an event suggestion, a rule or guideline you'd like to see, encouragement for the staff and community, really anything goes here there is no min or max <3
I have met some amazing people here, and have some people I highly respect within the community, but honestly I'm here for the amazing art and designs!

While I share the "if the species must be CS based, then everything should be purchasable directly through CS" mentality of many, I'd like to focus on something else.

I've had a fun idea for an event, and worked out a lot of the concept. I was initially going to apply this to my personal project BUT it works better for Kalons! It started as an adopt form contest idea but it outgrew that... you'll see why quickly, the time involved is beyond that of an adopt contest. I reserve the right to use a similar concept for my own personal work.
CMF wrote:(This event is based off a real sport, known as CMF, Canine Musical Freestyle, Heelwork to Music, Rally Freestyle, and Freestyle Heelwork. A quick description of the sport is included below.)
CMF features a dance routine typically performed by two individuals, a person and a dog. The sport combines obedience (both standard and rally styles), trick, and agility into a single sport. The routines generally tell a story through the use of music and movement. Minimal props are allowed, but costumes are highly encouraged. Each routine lasts between two and six minutes depending on region and level of competition. Required moves also vary based on region and competition level, and get progressively harder.

So! Now that we know what CMF is, time for... KMF. KMF is the same thing, except with a Kalon instead of a dog. Since Kalons are intelligent, the routine elements could include highly complex elements that would not be seen until higher competition levels from the start. This includes movements such as jumping through moving arms, or complex backwards movements.
So... to clarify on how this would be an event! Each person would start out doing a short routine example, say five comic panels, with an existing Kalon. There'd be 1-2 required moves, and the rest up to the artist. Half the class passes on; you can split the beginners into multiple classes. From there, more panels, and more required moves, cutting half the class (ideally by popular vote) each time. In the final levels, the last 1-3 of each group would be combined into a single class and have a list of moves, of which they need to incorporate [x] number of them, and the entire community votes for winners based on story, technique, movements used, and complexity.
Alternatively, everyone designs a routine using the same Kalon, but all else stays the same. The highest levels ideally have BLIND judging: names cannot be on the art, and a Kalon such as Pip is used so the only identifier is art style, making the playing ground all about their technique and use of elements.

...aaaaand that's it I think!

You can call me Hadley, that's fine too.
How to say my username (and the meaning)
Toyhou.se || Flight Rising || Pixpet || Final Outpost || PFQ
Discord: redfailhawk

Lilypad won her AKC CGC title on 10/18/23!
Lilypad won her CGCA title on 11/8/23!

NaNoWriMo Winner:
2018-2019-2020-2021-2022-2023
Meoauniaea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HoneyLavender࿐ » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:25 am

Username + User ID#: AngelDoll + 869663
Feedback: I want to thank all the staff for their amazing work! Keep it up!

████████ Image

:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Non-Binary - They/Them - Europe
Kalons - BM's - 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙#5098 - ©
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HoneyLavender࿐

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kiesen » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:43 am

Username + User ID#: Kiesen + 339369
    Feedback: Not feedback per say, but Kalons' shares their anniversary with my birthday (March 19th)!

If you support/make AI art, I will block you on sight. Thanks.
Smoke - She/They - Adult - Taken
Art by Fewtish on DA
Kiesen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ketsup » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:46 am

Username + User ID#: ketsup / 989290
Feedback: I'm still new-ish to kalons more or less but I love to see all of the beautiful designs that come from this species!! They're fun lil creatures and looking forward to collecting a few more here or there so my kals have some more buddies! :3

I personally enjoy the fun but not-so-heavy-handed comps like Design the ___ or the hunger games/chance styled comps! I don't have a lot of time/brain power to put towards writing so those kinds of comps are the most fun to me. ^u^/ Great job to all!
Image Image
Image Image
⭐︎⏤⏤⏤⭐︎ ✐ Ket! ⭐︎⏤⏤⏤⭐︎
✨⭐︎ TH // dA // pfp ⭐︎✨
**I am currently on a CS Hiatus, apologies!!**
ketsup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madel » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:55 am

Username + User ID#: Levani - 841851
Feedback: Hmm.. I’d say more opportunities for non owners. I feel like the same people are getting Kalons in comps, so maybe there can be something for non owners. I know there’s adopts for non-owners once in a while, but maybe there can be more. Maybe an event? Hope that didn’t come off as rude to anyone

╔══════════════════════╗
Mads | He/It | Adult
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Wildlife scientist working in
animal rehabilitation and
rescue. I'm often busy with
work but feel free to DM or
trade me regardless!
Always looking for
macaws, dragons, and wl pets.
Image Image
╚═════════════════════╝
Madel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:56 am

Username + User ID#: Lex. [959439]
I like most everything the way it is! I love the kind and generous community. The beautiful kals up for adoption, the cute nursery batches, I mean, It's all so wonderful!

The only thing holding me back on entering for all kalons is the fact that I cannot draw, but nonetheless, I cheer on those who can and wish them the best of luck!

I'm glad to be apart of this community, and I know this next year of kalons is going to be the best yet!

Oh one suggestion, maybe some adopts that are exclusive to either non owners or for people that have never won an official kalon adopt.
Last edited by Lex. on Thu May 06, 2021 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xx
lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    What do you consider fun?
    fun, natural fun

I'm in heaven
    With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend
    There's no beginning and there is no end
    Time isn't present in that dimension

-;; tom tom club

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist