Journey to the Trinity Tree - Summer event prompts

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Journey to the Trinity Tree - Summer event prompts

Postby SurgeFire » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:51 am

Username: SurgeFire
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: orpheus, lucian
Link to their pride or group: Vallis
Prompt level completion: Level 5
Prompt:

Prompt 2 wrote:
"So, what do you think?"

Orpheus had little a clue that Lucian would even come into the portal as he did; he was shocked, but he was somewhat relieved, not being alone.
Lucian had other ideas.
At first, the odd-eyed cat attempted to break away from Orpheus, attempting to do things his way; a notion that was convinced otherwise by the black tom. "It's a big crowd," he had convinced the high-ranking cat with these words, rather pleadingly, "even lions are in this mission; it's best for us to stick together, don't you think?"
Although his quest was to one-up the other cat, he had to realize that he was speaking the truth.
They really didn't know what was going on; and, they were in a foreign place - the one thing they had in common was where they came from, and Lucian had to agree that splitting would potentially lead to danger.
Not that he was concerned for Orpheus, of course; if he died, it would be of little matter to him - maybe some explaining would be proper, of course, but he could make the situation work in his favor if he tried hard enough - but he was also concerned of his own fate.
He really got into this situation without thinking, didn't he? This wasn't something he wanted to actually admit, yet...
And it was true how two powers were worth more than one. Another fear of his was actually having to use his powers.
He hadn't for as long as he could remember, and he guarded the secret to why entirely.
It wasn't like Orpheus was particularly strong or battle-oriented, but he had someone.

The question snapped him out of his haze; honestly, he hated the notion of listening to a goddess, but he had to.
If he wanted what he came here for, he would have to listen; something he never had quite been the best at.
I don't have to tell you what I think, he thought; and he wanted to respond with this but he kept quiet. "We'll join. There's no questioning that. Unless you're too scared?"
"I'm not scared," Orpheus replied softly, as if he was trying to not return with another similarly-toned statement; conflict was the last thing he wanted to start. "I believe what she has to say. We have to come with her and her guards."
Lucian said nothing, but he dipped his head in recognition.
Why was he being so civil? He could hardly believe himself, but he knew he couldn't play this otherwise; if he wanted to get what he desired, he would have to play it low for now. He would have to ultimately prove himself over the other cat - but he couldn't do this without first acting at least a little fair towards him.
This won't last for long, he thought, glaring at the other cat as he glanced aside. I'll have it my way. I'll prove myself to the others that I was meant to be the champion, and not you.
I'll prove it to Alev myself.

"I... I must admit that I'm not particularly made to fight. My powers are too weak for that," Orpheus spoke, looking at the ground; the two had separated from the crowd, planning on what to do in order to support the tree goddess. "It's odd. It's like I'm restrained from doing anything too powerful, not that I want to, of course - but it's weak, asides from healing..."
"You've tried to do something 'powerful', huh?" Lucian snapped, in an attempt to catch him off guard.
"Not to actually hurt anyone, no!" Orpheus quickly shot his head back up, expression one of panic. "I can assure you! It's that I physically can not past a certain point.. and if I wanted to defend myself in situations like these..."
"Yeah, yeah," Lucian muttered, looking aside; he never really wanted to socialize too much with the other cat, but his worries of becoming weaker if they were separate had only grown, and he knew he'd just have to deal with this turn of events. "I'm sure they need healers."
"I'm alright with that... I always learned with Cyrus, although he was much better at it... but I can try!" he rambled, attempting to reason. "What about you, Lucian?"
He thought back to what he could do, exactly. He was itching to fight, but he knew he wasn't as great as it as, say, Solaris - but she was back in Vallis, it was far too late to contact her.
Maybe he'd have to learn more first.
"I can potentially use my powers against this army of death, yes," he responded; he didn't exactly want to get friendly with this cat, so he kept his tone cold. "But I'd have to learn more first about this foe. We can't be caught unawares."
"That sounds reasonable, of course," Orpheus nodded, before continuing, "We'll have to stay together, though, right?"
Lucian thought for a moment before muttering, "Only when we return from whatever it is we are called to do..."
He was not intending to stay with this cat for longer than he had to.
"I can feel some sort of pressure already," Orpheus admitted, sighing, "I know you don't like me, but it means a lot we can stick together somewhat. I don't want to work against each other."
Lucian glared back at the other tom, but he knew he was right.

It's only a matter of time.

He didn't know what Orpehus was getting up to; he spoke of encountering another cat, Nereus, who was supposedly his mate; he didn't care, truly, he didn't want to even speak to him, preoccupied with his goal.
And there was the matter of socializing with the group. There were countless amounts of cats he had no clue of where they could have even come from - and lions, for that matter, something that alarmed him as well at first, but he learned to keep his fears in check - except for one group he recognized; and recognized unfortunately, as cats who came from Rusted Daemons.
Worm had spoke up about Solaris; turning the encounter into a negative one as she reacted in a hostile way when he expressed his apathy. The other cat, Aluraune, was not as hostile but rather...
...sketchy. He had gotten away from them as soon as he could, disappointed he couldn't particularly make true allies of at least Worm - unsure about the other cat - wondering how the rest of the series of events relating to the situation at hand was going to play out.

He returned with a sigh of resignation.
Lucian wasn't sure how he was going to learn about this foe or even fight it, but he surely was going to try.
And Orpheus - he knew he was going to have to do something. Something important. He was going to devote himself to this healing mission, and perhaps find a way to hone his powers in fighting.

He was going to finally prove himself to Vallis, for once. He was going to prove not just to them, but to Lucian; having forever wondered why the other cat had such an irrational hatred towards him.

Their opportunities lay before them, and it was only a matter of figuring out how to beat the mounting pressure.
[1220 words]
SurgeFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wet Bread » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:58 am

Username: Wet Bread
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=4288918 https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=4279220
Link to their pride or group: Rusted Daemons
Prompt level completion: level 2
Prompt:

"I should have killed you for that, but Bael wants you alive for whatever reason." Aluraune told her coolly. Worm returned her look with a hard glare as they emerged from the portal.

"Try it. Your magic will no effect on a weak cat like me with no magic of her own." Worm spat, but Aluraune had already turned her attention elsewhere. She was looking at the crowd of other cats around them, other "heroes," Worm guessed. As she listened to the goddess' words, Worm felt the smallest twinge of sympathy mixed with her strong feeling of indifference. This wasn't her battle. These weren't creatures she was set on saving either. The only reason she was even here was to prevent Aluraune from becoming even more of a nuisance to her.

As the cats began to file in to the tunnels that lead to the city below the tree, Worm sped up, leaving Aluraune behind, as she saw two vaguely familiar pelts. She sped in front of the two cats from Vallis, blocking their path. It was Lucian, a well known cat from Vallis, and formidable foe during their skirmishes. He was a dangerous cat, though admittedly predictable. With him was Orpheous, another Vallis cat that Worm knew by name only. Lucian narrowed his eyes as he faced Worm.

"What are you doing here?" He asked. Worm's fur bristled. There was only one thought going through her head.

"Where's Solaris?" She questioned, a bit over-aggressively.

"Get out of the way!" Lucian snapped, "We have places to be."

"Where. is. she?" Worm questioned further as she sunk her claws into the ground, ready to pounce if he tested her further. Worm's' mind was completely clouded with worry for her mate. Lucian's fur began to bristle as well... Until Aluraune stepped in.

"Now, let's calm down, we're all on the same team here." She chastised as she gave Worm a meaningful look. "There's no need to fight each other."

"Um, Solaris stayed behind." Orpheous spoke up finally. He looked friendly enough, but that made Worm twice as suspicious of him. Who knew what he was thinking. Nevertheless, Worm's fur began to smooth as she calmed herself. Not that Solaris wasn't strong, but Worm would still worry about her excessively if she was here.

"Why were you so worried about this 'Solaris' anyways? What's she to you?" Aluraune questioned as she tried to read Worm.

"No one!" Worm snapped as she turned and stomped into the tunnels. It was clear now, she'd have to spend the preparation time keeping an eye on Aluraune, Lucian, and Orpheous.
[center]
She/they | feel free to call me Wet or Save | Just quietly existing
eternal favorite person
Wet Bread

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ajax. » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:59 am

Username: AJ.
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4289605&hilit=alaz Forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=4266839&hilit=nereus
Link to their pride or group: https://toyhou.se/-Ajax-/characters/folder:1174063
Prompt level completion: 4
Prompt:
Nereus paused.
He wasn't sure exactly what he was doing here, or what made him walk through that portal. He flattened his ears, taking a hesitant step forward. His tail began to glow softly as waves of his power began to swirl around it.
"So, what's the plan?" a voice sounded beside him and he jolted, looking over in surprise.
"Alaz!!"
He didn't mean for it to come out like a growl, but he let his surprise overtake him.
"You're not supposed to be here!!" He grit his teeth, looking at his young son, whose tail was beginning to mimic his own, swirling with bright orange flickering flames.
"C'mon da! It's fine, it's good training!"
Nereus scoffed and looked around, he had been nominated to go through the portal for the sake of the gods he was with. They believed he was best suited for this, with strong enough powers and the best control over them.
He flicked his tail and a few drops flew from it.
"This place is weeeeird" His son mumbled and Nereus bristled, protectiveness flowing into his bloodstream.
"You are to stay behind me, do you understand? I couldn't even try to explain to Orpheus how you got hurt if you did." He growled again, and he watched his son defiantly run ahead. "No!" If he had to pry open the portal again and send his son home, he definitely would. He shook his head, trotting after him.
He saw a black pelt and his pace quickened, was it just his mind playing tricks on him? He stumbled, looking around at all the other cats nearby.
Fear grew in his chest now, he wasn't prepared to battle an enemy, that wasn't what he was used to, he was used to controlling tides and the sea. Thats what his job was.
was he going to have to drown his enemies? He didn't know any battle tactics even if he was strong.
How was he going to keep an eye on Alaz?
He looked after his son, his eye following his firey tail, as long as he kept his tail ignited they would be fine, yeah, they were going to be fine.
Something flared in him. How dare his son follow him?
How would he describe this to Orphy?
He looked around at the cats and lions, something making his pelt prickle. These large cats made his skin crawl. He could go into his alternate form? That was an option if he needed to be bigger, he could become a sea tiger.
Did that work here? The air seemed different here, he didn't know how to describe it.
He swallowed deeply, trying to keep his heart from racing. No, this would be much more difficult than he thought.
He was no champion, he could barely spar with Volos of all cats.
Sure, his powers were a mastery when compared to other gods he lived with...
But would that be enough?
He had barely a few days to prepare, he never knew how to work his temper or his time management skills. He was used to living for years and having it feel like a day, that's what it meant to be ageless.
He blinked, where did Alaz go? He was gone socializing somewhere...
Nereus flattened his ears, how could he look out for Alaz here? Were these bigger cats a risk to his son's safety. He didn't want to have to worry that his allies might attack him or his offspring.
He wished Orpheus was here, he was the only cat to calm his nerves, mortal or not.
Nereus spun around, bumping into someone. He muttered an apology and looked up at the colourful cats near the front of the crowd. How did they look like that? Were there any like him? Were any godly?
He didn't know, but they were strange, and he didn't know what to think anymore, they were all so strange here. So many lions, and so many cats. Some magical, some not.
And he was going to fight alongside him, that's what scared him the most. He had a short few days to earn and gain these other cats' trust to fight alongside him. He shuddered, looking away.
He trotted along, looking for a space that he could sit and try to rest his fraying nerves, his tail flickered as his heart shuddered with fear and anticipation. what was to come? He didn't know, he didn't want to find out.
But he was here now, he had to find out by himself, he didn't want to, but he had to.
He shook his head, trying to clear his mind of these thoughts. He should be strategizing. What were these enemies like? Did he have to kill them? He didn't want to do that.
He just might have to, if he couldn't just wound them
He didn't want to think about this.
His mind couldn't stop.
He whined, covered his head with his paw, ears flat against his skull.
He closed his eyes, maybe he could sleep?
He didn't need sleep though, his body only did that if he wanted to.
Nereus frowned, looking around to see if Alaz would be back soon, he didn't want to think about this alone. He needed his son to distract him, there was nothing else he could really do anywayy.
Ceto would be able to calm him down, she seemed to understand, especially being the goddess of monsters.
Sea monsters.
Would he be able to control those? would there be water? he didn't know.
would his powers be effected?
He scowled, maybe he needed to sleep after all.

941 words

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

aj. / mug • she / they • pdt • gryffindor
>> Count my little scars,
I’ve got dozens down inside
I am complete and invincible,
behind my dirty imbecile <<

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
ImageImage
ImageImage
hey there! I'm aj!
ENFP • Discord Ajax.(#4481) • 🥺
Black Lives Matter
my pms are always open <3
commissions ; open • art trades ; tentative
Adult

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
xxxImage
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
ajax.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Placebo » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:00 pm

Placebo wrote:Username: Placebo
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Bastion | Jasper | Anamika
Link to their pride or group: Lerwick
Prompt level completion: Lvl 1
Prompt: (101 words)

The journey through ripped me in two. Gods above, I can't even see Anamika anymore! And there's no one to turn to... everything is so dark. And Mr. Novak is unresponsive... the backlash from the portal nearly killed him. I feel like I'm searching around blindly, but I'm hearing a voice, a voice that's calling me to help. Calling me and Anamika.

How are we supposed to do anything in this state? I can't see anything around me. It's so dark.

I just want to go back to town! I didn't ask for this! I never asked for this at all!
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Micki. » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:00 pm

Username: Micki.
    Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Azrael, Lysander
    Link to their pride or group: Prophets of the Lost Stars (HW)
    Prompt level completion: level 5
    Prompt:

The two toms stood at the edge of the gouge in their land, peering over.

Whispers continued to spread throughout the gathered cats, tension dripping from the air. No one knew what would happen to the toms once they made the leap through the thing. Would they come back or would the clan be left without their leader and down one warrior, never to know what mystery took them away?

"Well, I guess we better get to it, then," Lysander mumbled, just loud enough for him and Azrael to hear and no one else. He had thought saying it out loud may spur them into action, remind them what they were supposed to be doing, but even with the words said the two stood still, watching the strange blue thing.

Azrael wore a stern, unflinching expression and held his chest high - he was like a statue, no sign of any fear visible. Lysander, on the other hand, wore an expression distinctly caught between impatience and curiosity. They stayed like that for several more moments before looking at each other, as though to exchange silent words.

Lysander smiled mischievously and raised a brow at Azrael, who maintained the same stern and unmoving expression.

Then, in unison, the two toms took a step forward.

---

Azrael huffed, shaking out his fur, which had gotten particularly fluffed in the trip through the thing - no, the portal. They couldn't explain how they suddenly knew what it was called, but both toms suddenly had the distinct knowledge that it was, in fact, something called a portal.

Lysander grinned at Azrael and gave a quick wink, which elicited a short huff from the other tom in response. The short furred tom only grinned wider at that, watching as his leader continued trying to shake down his fluffed up fur. He wasn't sure, but he suspected that Azrael's fur had been fluffed less by the physical process of the trip and more by the startle of it.

The two slowly started to look around them. Azrael's eyes moved from one stranger to another - and Lysander could see the wheels turning, carefully analyzing them, determining who might be a threat and who seemed to be less so. Lysander, on the other hand, glanced at those around them much more haphazardly, more interested in surface observations than anything else - and only interested in those very briefly and very minorly.

Then came the voice, or the voices?

Both toms stopped what they were doing at once, their eyes drawn to the tree for the first time since they'd come through the portal. They listened to what she had to say intently, making sure to absorb every word - even Lysander, who was often careless and not particularly concerned with listening to orders, could feel the urgency to the matter and was careful to remember everything the voice said.

Azrael's expression never changed from his usual stoic one, but Lysander could hear his breathing slow down and deepen, almost as though he were afraid to breathe too quickly. He was not a fighter, and he never had been. He had moved their clan away from their violent, barbaric ways when he took power, and he had never thought he would need to throw them back into the midst of battle again.

But it was necessary.

And so he would, once more, ask his clan to shed their blood.

(565 words)
    x
    Micki • she / her • slytherin • shy n stressed
    young adult • college student • EST timezone

BLM donation adopts !!

sig forever a wip bc lazy
Micki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meekins12345 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:08 pm

Username: Meekins12345
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Erastus, Ciqala, and Axel
Link to their pride or group: The Cloud Coalition - A sub-pride of The Pride of Wikimak
Prompt: June 3rd

"Entry number three in the Adventures of the Stra--"

"Ssh, Erastus... I hear something."

Erastus perked once he heard the larger male, he soon rising to his paws a moment, pen and paper forgotten, and wandered over toward Axel, ears perked.

"I don't hear anything."

"Ssshh." The male hissed, soon just leaning forward some as he listened in. A moment or two more of silence and Axel smirked, his pupils dilating as his heart rate picked up. It was as if he was excited... and he was.

"They're here."

"W-What's here?"

"Our enemy."

The silence that followed those two words was so thick, one could cut it with a knife. Erastus only looked upon Axel with a bewildered expression while Ciqala, nearby, only looked upon him with a look of disbelief. He only turned to look to the both of them with a small smirk before locking eyes with the lioness, he soon motioning her to come.

"Quickly, they'll need us. I know you've been training with others. Now's our time to see just how good you've gotten." He'd tease, soon just turning and quickly bounding off, out of their safe, warm den and out into the city and, ultimately, to the tunnel leading out of it.

Erastus only glanced toward Ciqala to see her get up and bound out as well, leaving him inside. Unfortunately, Erastus was more brains than brawn, and had never really been much of a fighter. But those two? ...They were probably the first two he'd enlist if he ever imagined having an army or group of warriors. They were both much stronger than he.

----

Axel bounded outside and continued a bit until he was a distance away from the tree and the entrance, he ultimately stopping to survey the enemy with the group of other felines that he had come out to join. Ciqala only came and stopped at his side, she looking to the group of outlandish and ghastly creatures in front of them.

"What in the world...?" She couldn't help but ask, eyes wide as she could only stare. Even the male at her side seemed to hesitate a little as he just looked upon them.

"I've never seen anything like them before." He'd give softly, a small frown on his face as his brows furrowed slightly. The felines about them, both large and small, seemed to only stare for the time being.

"It's a scouting group." He'd grumble, causing Ciqala to only whip her head and look to the male.

"A what?"

"You heard me," He'd retort, "A scouting group. They've come here to see how we've been fairing, to get an idea what what they'll see on the battle field, and to prepare themselves if they feel necessary." He'd lift his lips and snarl upon them, taking a step forward only to dig his claws into the ground.

"Which is cheating!" He'd growl angrily, his fur and mane seemingly bristling. It seemed other felines were doing the same, upon seeing and catching on that this was just that, a scouting group.

"Couldn't think you could get an edge without checking us out, eh?" He'd soon jab, causing one of the strange creatures to perk. "Only shows how weak you really are! Go back home now! Unless you want to get a taste of what you'll be getting on the battle field, you cowards!"

It was at that point cries of uproar could be heard on either sides of the field, both from the felines and from the strange and rotting creatures. Almost as if it were on queue, the two groups began running after each other, meeting in the middle as their battle cries still rung out and echoed out into the skies. They collided like an asteroid hitting earth, with speed and force and screeches and cries.

Axel was quick to grab hold onto the first enemy with his claws, he easily able to whip them around like a rabbit or shrew, he throwing them out into the distance before roaring loudly, only to bulldoze into the next few enemies while Ciqala followed behind him, acting as his backup and keeping an eye on his back... although she couldn't help but get distracted by the smaller felines that followed, they so small they practically weaved and bobbed through her paws. How could such tiny things fight in this war against such strange creatures? She didn't quite understand...

"Ciqala!" Axel would call with a growl as she bumped into him... which only shoved him more into a much larger creature of the enemy as it's rotting eyes dribbled down it's cheeks and onto the grass below, causing the once lush, green patch of life to die almost instantly. It stood on it's hind legs and breathed heavily, just glaring upon the small group that pooled at it's feet before a loud cry was given into the air. It was a high-pitched yet ominous sound, like a crow mixed with a lion's roar and the sound of wind or harsh breeze.

A little quick thinking and Axel looked to the thing's leg, he soon just leaning forward and sinking those massive fangs into the thing, causing it to cry out again in pain before it's claws came crashing into the larger male's back, causing Axel to immediately let go and let out a cry himself, he soon just glaring at the thing before just running into it, pushing it down before the smaller cats began running over and covering the thing. It was only afterwards did Axel look behind him, he glaring upon the female a moment before a soft growl came from him.

"Keep your heard in the battlefield, and watch where you're going!"

"Alright, alright." She'd growl herself, soon just batting off the smaller of the strange creatures... it almost seemed she was hesitant to go after the larger creatures, but more and more of them were beginning to close in on them. It caused her to back up, her ears pinned to the back of her head as she looked up at them with what they had wanted to see all along: fear. She seemed quick to glance to Axel, who only growled upon the larger creatures as they began circling them.

Not a moment's hesitation on Axel's part had him pouncing onto one of the nearby creatures, digging his claws into the things back before sinking his fangs into it, it only crying more and more in agony and pain as it tried to buck him off. Axel just continued mercilessly, sinking claws and fang into the creature until it fell to the ground, and only afterwards would he pull his fangs and claws out, black ooze dripping from him as he looked to the others, who seemed to stare in bewilderment

"Who's next?" He'd give with a grin, causing the others to back off, soon just running off into the group, which seemed to be moving by this point. Were they going back? ...It appeared to be so, for it wasn't long after he had downed the one creature did, both, Axel and Ciqala notice that the field grew emptier and emptier as time went on. Soon it was empty... All the creatures that came had left, and the thick silence was only back once more...

Axel breathed heavily, his chest heaving a moment as he, only now, felt the pain radiating from his back. The adrenaline had practically had him not feeling a thing, but now that things had settled, he felt it, and winced slightly. He'd only shuffle off the creature, soon looking to Ciqala, who only seemed to stare upon him with a still fearful manner, soon just narrowing his gaze before reaching over to gently bat her on the shoulder, causing her to shutter.

"You need more practice... much more than even I thought. Go get Erastus, and make sure you tell him to round up the other medics, too. This silence may not last for long, and I'm sure there are more injured here than I." He'd demand of her, she soon just nodding stiffly before quickly running back into the tunnels.

She had never seen anything like that before... And she wasn't sure she wanted to again. Was she even cut out for something like that?

Only now was she beginning to have her doubts.

----

"Entry number three of The Adventures of The Strange Portal..." (1,405 wc)
╔══.·:·.☽мєєкιηѕ☾.·:·.══╗
Child of the Living God
Doodler | Roleplayer
.·:·.
Wanna trade? Check out my
trading group!
Wanna chat or roleplay? PM me! ouo
Convocation
Valley of Kings
Three Pine Range
╚═══.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.═══╝
Meekins12345

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Journey to the Trinity Tree -June 3rd

Postby Runnersback » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:34 pm

Username:Runnersback
Link to lion(s) involved in prompt:Achilles Letaba Diablo
Link to their pride: Realms of L’Oasis Lo
Prompt:003

runners/sharkkbait/swiftie
Image🎶 RTF 🎶 cal-vain ©

𝙸 𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝,
𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑."

𝐼𝓉’𝓈 𝒶 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒷𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝓁𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝑒𝒶
Runnersback

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firedancer77 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:18 pm

Username: Firedancer77
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Envy, Kina, Cole
Link to their pride or group: Isle of Roses and Graveyard of Gods
Prompt:
When the horns sounded off, Envy immediately scrambled to her feet. Unlike many of the others, who, in droves, raced into the fight, the golden she-cat ran against the flow of the crowd the moment she was outside. She was not about to stupidly rush into a fight like this, especially when there was plenty of risk that she would get hurt. Besides, at night, these creatures had the advantage; they were dark and menacing, and among the dark skyline, Envy's gold coat stood out like a sore thumb. It was a sharp contrast to the shadows and ooze, and Envy wasn't about to risk that.

Instead, she maneuvered her way up the side of a tree she had previously scoped out when exploring the area, carefully climbing up to some of the higher branches. From there, she had a good perch to sit on as she surveyed the battlefield, able to see almost all the chaos unfolding below (and also giving her a good position to defend and check if anything was coming up after her).

At the sight of all the fighting, Envy couldn't help but frown. The army was smaller than she had expected. In fact, it didn't seem like it was at full-size at all. If Envy didn't know any better, she would say it was a scouting party...and as the thought dawned on her, she realized that that was exactly what this attack was. It was a surprise attack, sure, but more than that, it was the enemy's attempt to see just what sort of force they were up against.

It was a test of the champions and their strength.

"Is it better or worse that we seem to be giving it our all?" she murmured to herself. "Should we have tried to hold back some in hopes of fooling our enemy, that way causing them to underestimate us and to fail to attack us at full force?"

Now she was sounding like Pride. That was exactly a plan that a charlatan like him would create, except he wouldn't even try to be a part of it. While Envy had no intentions of fighting (or at least intended to avoid it as much as she could), she was still going to be actively involved. If she could offer herself as a strategist in the actual battles, she would. She would help direct the champions on where to hit (both in terms of hitting the opposing army as a whole and on where to hit the opponent specifically), because she would use her time staring down from this vantage point to determine their opponents' weaknesses. Granted, the weak points of the actual enemy were harder to notice from up here, but Envy was getting a few ideas, and besides, she was sure that when she gathered the accounts of some of those who had been in the thick of things, she would get a good idea of where the creatures were weakest.

"This should be just as much about us scouting them out as it is them scouting us," she murmured, eying the unfolding carnage with distaste.

The creatures were revolting. Their eyes, despite being filled with malice, were devoid of any life. They were mindless soldiers, decaying husks, and the way they oozed and cried out was more disturbing than Envy cared to admit. It was disgusting, the way they squelched and squealed, sounding like their throats were filled with something (perhaps the mud that oozed from them), and the sound only grew more unpleasant when it mingled with the screams of the champions fighting.

"This should end soon," she muttered, briefly shutting her eyes just to take a break from the carnage. Despite no one being around, Envy spoke aloud, figuring it would help her ensure she had processed everything going on correctly. "It is obvious that this isn't organized on either side. Granted, we were fairly unprepared, but the scouting party obviously wasn't given much more direction than to simply attack and see how we fared. I don't even know how in control these monstrosities are, or if they are all puppets for something more sinister. Whatever the case, we obviously need to shape up before the next onslaught, because they certainly will."

The real question was, how was Envy going to gather more of the champions, let alone convince them to listen to her and work together as a cohesive unit to fight against the army of decay?
---
Cole threw himself into the fight when the army began to reveal themselves in droves. The golden-maned lion couldn't believe how many of them were there; even with the many champions that the goddess had brought forward, it was evident that they were outnumbered, and yet he could not get rid of the feeling in his gut that the soldiers they were currently fighting were not the most powerful that this army had. In fact, despite the numbers flooding to meet them, Cole was almost certain that this was simply a taste of what would be unleashed on them, a simple test to see how the goddess' new champions would respond to their arrival.

It was a chilling thought, but it fueled Cole's anger to move faster, hit harder, as he made his way through the masses, still unsure as to what was even causing these creatures to attack.

He slowed in the middle, facing off against a particularly big foe. Dark mud oozed from its cracked skin, and it fixed him with a crooked grin, its eyes glinting menacingly as it flexed its claws and gave a guttural cry that sounded like how Cole imagined a creature with sand filling its mouth and throat would sound if trying to scream. In response, the gray lion - who was almost equal in size to his opponent - snarled, baring his teeth before throwing himself forward.

He nearly retched as he bit down on the creature's shoulder, stumbling backwards and spitting out the mud that oozed from its wounds. The creature grinned wider, taking its own turn to lunge, but Cole gave it a well-aimed kick to the stomach that sent it flying backwards into one of its fellow soldiers. It got to its feet, grin turning into something far more primal and filled with rage, and Cole braced himself for the next attack. It came, and Cole matched it, a whirlwind of claws and teeth as he tussled on the ground with the creature. Finally, braving through the mud that seeped into his maw and made him wish to retch, Cole bit down on its throat, and the creature practically melted beneath him. Scrambling to his paws, Cole was certain it would not move again, and he continued onward, ignoring the stinging in his shoulder from the creature's claws.

[ 1133/1000 words ]

continued here

Isle of Roses | Valley of Kings

One of these days a-coming, I'm gonna take that boy's crown

Cause I am, I am a little wicked
I am, I am
Hands red, hands red just like he said

I am a little wicked

No one calls you honey when you're sitting on a throne
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minifun990 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:18 pm

Username: minifun990
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt:Ladon Melli
Link to their pride or group:Mystic Isles
Prompt level completion: 4 (Currently at 862 words)
Prompt:
June 3rd
"𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑔𝑒𝓉𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔"

-𝓖𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓓𝓮𝓮𝓻

Cloud Cows

Sig cycles gear deer - Click to go to thread :)
minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:02 am

Preparations made to the best of abilities, the cats among the tree have shown their values as soldiers. Patience among the restless grows thin, and the battle looms closely. Their first attack comes in the night, shaking the cats from their sleep as horns echo and bellow through the underground city. The strange denizens of this place are the first to arms, racing ahead to defend their home and the goddess who protects them.

On the ground level, is chaos as monstrosities made of wood and soil, oozing with dark mud and lifeless eyes as they lurch forward, claws of stone tearing up the soil. Coming in all shapes and sizes, the enemies of the goddess had arrived to show themselves. Though intimidating, somehow the defending party gets the idea that this is only a warning... a scouting party. A test.

How do your cats fare in this battle? Do they suffer any injuries or manage to sneak away unscathed? Are they the first to charge in, or weaving through the field to attack stealthily? Who do they team up with? What sort of fighters do they avoid? What foes do they choose to take on? Are they scared or angry? How do they regroup after the fight is over? Do they collapse where they stand? look for more battles and lash out? or flee as soon as possible?

After the battle, the goddess is only silent. Solemn, against the threat. Once the field is empty, there is a weary silence.

Username: Tiger♥Bear
Link to cat(s) or lion(s) involved in prompt: Suha
Link to their pride or group: Pekee Pamoja
Prompt level completion: 5 (1,303 Words)
Prompt:

SPACEThe sparring sessions earlier had left her feeling sore and physically exhausted. She had fought against the guardians mostly though there was the occasional champion. She limited herself to only using physical combat, for that was what she was wanting to enhance in this moment. After completing her sparring course, she had left to "turn in" for the evening. The locals had made room for the champions to stay and rest or to achieve downtime. Suha didn't really sleep but it would be beneficial to get some kind of rest after her physical labors. Allowing her body a chance to recover had become her new priority. She entered the space that was given to her and lay on the ground, her plush tail wrapped lightly around her legs. Though she was here to relax and recuperate, she kept her head lifted and her sense alert. Her pale eyes scanned the grounds taking everything in. Everyone was preparing in some way it seemed. Some, like her, were resting up and recharging. Others were still taking to the sparring rings or speaking with the guardians. She sat there observing for some time. Sooner than she thought her muscles relaxed and she felt ready for action once again. Sometimes it paid to be a goddess.
SPACENight drew closer. She was contemplating sparring again, getting more training in. It wouldn't hurt to be more prepared on the physical front. Pushing herself up, she left the simple tent and started to make her way back over to the sparring grounds. Along the way however, a bellowing of horns rang out and filled the cavernous underground city with its call. The other champions and some guardians were roused from sleep, quickly getting up to respond to the horns. A guardian started to run past when she noticed it was the general from earlier, Kamau.
SPACE"Kamau. What's happening?" Not wanting to hold him up, she walked beside the smaller cat. The horns continued to blast as more and more felines responded.
SPACE"Scouts of the rotting army. They're trying to infiltrate the city." He looked up briefly before turning back as he pushed on ahead. "We must defeat them. They cannot breach the roots."
SPACE"Understood." Picking up her pace, she quickly outpaced the cat general. She headed for the tunnel that lead them down to the city. It was then she could start to hear them. Some of the guardians and a few of the champions were already at the roots, fighting back against the foes. Assessing the situation, she thought it would be best to flank them. Someone needed to be on the outside and attacking these scouts before they had the chance to retreat. Glancing around she looked for a way around those that were at the roots main entrance. There must be an alternate exit she could take. Her gaze landed on a small opening between roots a little higher up. There wasn't a natural way up there. She'd have to smoke her way out. She got as close to the gap as she could before speaking softly. "Dukhan."
SPACEHer form shifted to one of dark smoke, swirling with black and red. Even in this form she had complete control of her movements. She couldn't see- not really- but she could still sense what was around her. This would be the best and easiest way to slip past unnoticed. With almost graceful movement, she slipped through the gap in the roots to the outside. As she got closer to the ground, she thought the word 'aljism' and the smoke started to reshape her natural form. Back on the ground and now outside of the tree, she could see the scouts for herself. They appeared to be shambling mounds of earth and wood. Stone claws were tearing into the soil around the trees roots. Even from here she could sense the dark energy they were emitting. It seemed that some of the defenders had made their way out and were among the attackers on the field. She had done enough observation. It was time to step in and help eradicate the threat. It was time to do what she came here for.
SPACE"Tatafakak!" She shouted the word at a group of the enemy that stood nearby. Now aware of her presence, they had turned to look at her. Or at least turn their heads in her direction. Their eyes seemed hollow. In the moment four of them turned their heads, their forms started to crumble. The wood splintered. The soil tossed and thrown. In their place was only a collective puddle of mud and the stones that were their claws. Several more of the creatures had focused on her. She had just destroyed four of the scouts. It seemed her attack had effected some of the others though not to its full effect. Chunks of soil had been removed from one. Claws of another lay abandoned on the ground. It was nice to know that that ability worked on these creatures. As three more moved in, she spoke again. "Al'iihtraq."
SPACEOne of the three burst into flames. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to have the desired effect. While it was on fire, it didn't seem to notice or care. It didn't cry out nor did the burning seem to cause significant damage to its form. She wondered briefly if it was because of magical resistance or if perhaps the forms were too wet, what with the oozing mud. Finding it not as effective, she pulled the spell off which caused the flames to die out. They were closing in which meant she had to respond quickly. They were almost within distance to touch. Time to try another spell.
SPACE"Imst almawt." The first creature lunged at her but froze when her paw connected gently with its shoulder. This was different from the first spell she used. Rather than disintegrating into its basic parts, it crumbled to dust. Another moment of satisfaction. Her most potent ability also works on these abominations. The touch of death was just that- death by touch. A second foe advanced on her. "Yajmid," she spoke quickly causing the scout to freeze. He was immobilized in place. But the third enemy managed to get in close and swipe her with its stony claws. She turned her gaze to the attacker. It was a good thing she brushed up on her paw to paw combat. She pounced on the creature with a growl. It was strange fighting a construct of wood, soil, and mud. It was like kneading the ground or scratching a tree. The cuts from the stone stung, the dirt of the creature in the wound. The enemy was quickly deteriorating and soon there was nothing left. Only the immobilized foe remained. With another whisper of deaths touch, she reached out and caused the construct to crumble to dust.
SPACEAs she looked around, she saw that only a few of the scouts remained. Most, if not all, of the champions and guardians seemed to be fine. Some were injured, but there didn't appear to be deaths. Taking a moment to assess her own wounds, she realized they weren't terrible. The stone cut roughly and the dirt mixed into the wound. With a slow wave of her paw, the cuts started to close. It was an ability she could only use on herself. A way of self preservation. There had been some pain, but it was just gashes. No blood for she didn't bleed. Once her skin had stitched itself back together, she approached the roots of the tree at its main entrance. It may not have been a large fight but Suha realized now what made this army so dangerous. If these were just the scouts she was curious to see what the real soldiers looked like.
Pekee Pamoja . VOK
Fallitur . VOK

Toyhou.se
Bear/vs/Bull is my husband.
fairytail*~, itsRBandPJ, munch1111,
and
Noebelle22 are my sisters.
We sometimes share a computer.
Please do not ban us!
I am looking for art of my VOK characters. Please send me a message if interested in doing some art, we can discuss payment.
Currently looking to swap some pets for true dates (pets adopted on the first of the month). Check out my trades for more info. Open to normal trades as well but would prefer date swaps at the moment. Also up for roleplay. I'm open to ideas, just send me a message with your thoughts and I'll let you know if I'm interested. If not, we can work something else out.
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me