A cozy log cabin... [Game #12 Closed!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: A cozy log cabin... [Game #12 Open!]

Postby VoidRinkusu » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:59 am

Big boy, big dreams.
Username: VoidRinkusu
Link to sign-up post: Right here
Prompt response:
“I don’t think you’re looking at it the right way.” I said. He looked back at me.
“I’ve spent a lot of time traveling. The crew aboard our ship is like family and the places I’ve been to are incredible. I don’t regret my choice.” I continued.
“I can’t go back home, though. You still could.” I suggested. Carter was listening intently. He needed someone’s words. It seemed like he was pretty torn up by all of this and I felt genuinely sorry for him.
“Everyone here loves you, Carter. No matter where you go, they’ll always welcome you back.” I looked off into the distance.
“They’ll ask you what kind of adventures you’ve been on. They might wonder what things you’ve seen in your travels. Most importantly, they’ll always welcome you back.” I insisted. I often thought about what would have happened if I could go back to my homeland. I convinced myself that one day, we would no longer be enemies of the government. They’ll let us back eventually.
“You can’t just contain yourself like this.” I went on.
“You have an adventurous spirit. Containing that can tear you apart.” I finished.
“Well, I don’t suppose I should tell you what to do, but maybe you should give travel a shot. They can manage without you and they’ll await your return.”
They/them.
My comrade, I am not even here.
My Kalons - My Simas
VoidRinkusu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A cozy log cabin... [Game #12 Closed!]

Postby CSMintCat » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:10 am

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Carter listens to you intently as you speak, unmoving. He's more serious than you've seen him before. Your voice peters out as you finish your speech a little awkwardly, the two of you standing and looking at each other in silence. It's Carter who breaks the silence, giving an odd little cough that dissolves into sniffling. At the sight of your ever-happy pal crying, you panic a little, but Carter doesn't seem to care. He holds his arms out and the two of you engage in a tear-filled hug.

When he speaks it's quiet, but you can hear the gratefulness in his voice.

""... That's some really good advice... Thank you, friend."

Game number twelve is closed!
Any posts or further edits past this point will not be counted!
Judging will be commence shortly and results will be edited into this post!

After reviewing the forms, the following users' forms have been deemed invalid for not following the rules:
-Stephaaa
-Missing✖
-poemo
-CompleteChicken
-Theodosia

The following users have won Imagex3:
-saralaxy
-Midnightkitkat
-fernmoon
-lovestruck
-skylark
fuiuki
-l i i l y
-SkyGold
-sicknasty
-Catskitten
-Zailune
-pangurbanka
-I Like Bees
-NCC-1701-D
-★ star child ★
-SilhouetteStation
-Nikolina
-Snowlondon
-recherché.
-hiraeth + hound
-sentimental_android
-Meridiem
-trans
RupturedRaptor
-moondust405
-zakuro.
-76heart
-Ethulai
-VoidRinkusu

The following users have won Imagex5:
DoubleInfiniti
-.secretsociety.
-LivingLethal
-SilentMelody
-monchy
-Lady Tuesday
-inferno.
-my.chai
-rainichi
-Gengar.

The following users have won Imagex10:
-ThatPinkThing
-SaltyBirb
-alluvium
-lavender towns
-fangsnfluff

The following user has won an Antique Compass! Imagex1:
-waffle02

The following user has won a Kalon friend!:
Will be completed and PMed to you in a few business days.
-suds

(If you're not on any list please message me; I tried to be careful but it's possible that I accidentally skipped over copying a name to put on the list.)

CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Conversation with Carter...

Postby CSMintCat » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:56 am

You find Carter again some time later. Though he hasn’t mentioned any new plans or talked to you any further about your heart-to-heart, you can tell that a weight has been lifted off of his shoulders. He seems at ease. He waves you over and the two of you spend some time just sitting next to each other in comfortable silence in the clearing. You're just about to say something when Carter speaks up, breaking the silence.

"Hey, you really helped me a lot -and not just with gathering things. Anyways, I wanted to give you this."

He hands you a map piece. It appears to have been damaged once upon a time, but has been expertly fixed; the colours and letters are clear and bright, and the parchment feels new.

"I found it a while back an' fixed it up as a sort of pet project... I was going to give it to Caro, but... If you're goin' to be travelling around other parts o' the island, I think you might need it more."

[Missing map piece obtained.]

Thank you so much for taking part in my booth!
I had a great time making the games and I hope you had just as much fun participating!

CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me