A cozy log cabin... [Game #12 Closed!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: A cozy log cabin... [Game #12 Open!]

Postby Chickpea » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:30 am

Big boy, big dreams.
Username: CompleteChicken
Link to sign-up post: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=4123900&start=330#p125981276
Prompt response:

Chickpea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trans » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:35 am

Big boy, big dreams.
Username: trans
Link to sign-up post: here!
Prompt response: you take a seat on a lonesome stump quietly, and take a deep breath... you admire the setting sun, the waves as they roll over the sand closer to shore, the light sea breeze as afternoon becomes evening. carter seems to have set his tools down, something you dont think you've actually seen him do yet (because he's always working, it seems). he takes a deep breath too, and gets up and nestles into a wicker chair close by to his work area out here that... now that you think about it, you've never noticed before.

"where are you thinking of seeing? any places in mind you wanted to visit?" you ask, and glance over towards him. he kinda shakes his head, looks a bit sheepish when he says, "oh, not really... havent really had the time to think about it. you'd think i would, but im always so busy..." he trails off awkwardly... he has a kind of somber expression now.

"that's alright..." you say, and then pause for a moment, "i think the best advice i can offer is just... get out there. dont think too much about where you're going, just go... see where your paws take you, where your stories destined to go from there. let your heart guide you and your mind find you only when you find yourself astray." they hum in reply, and reach down to run their hands through the sand idly. "its not a very logical thing... it's very much about the heart of the matter... what you feel in here," you point towards his chest.

he sighs, and cards a hand through his hair, and after a moment or so... he nods appreciately. "thank you, you kruisers have all been very kind with your advice, and i cant thank you all enough. perhaps some day soon, i'll find the time to... get out there,' as you put it." he cracks a smile, a small one, and then starts tidying up his work space. you get up, and spend awhile helping him out in silence. by the time you're done, it's pretty late, and you wave, before leaving carter's, until you may need to visit again.
they/them, adult, pms are ok!
just here for pets, oekaki, and
closed species, occasionally. ♡
xxx'''my kalon storage
trans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zailune » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:36 am

Big boy, big dreams.
    Username: Zailune
    Link to sign-up post: Here!
Prompt response:
Image Image
----------------------

Heya, it's Zail - feel free to message me about anything! I'm online pretty frequently.
I may be a bit of a weirdo but I mean well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lots of love for those struggling, too. You're not alone.
Zailune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jaskiest » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:41 am

Big boy, big dreams.
Username: Theodosia
Link to sign-up post: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=4123900&p=125968174#p125968174
Prompt response: "It'll be like you never left!"
Jaskiest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Big boy, big dreams - Prompt Number Five

Postby lovage » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:43 am

Big boy, big dreams.
    Username: fernmoon
    Link to sign-up post: xxx
    Prompt response:
    sharkbait headed over towards carter and sat down next to him. she sighed before saying what has to be said. "you want to travel the world. so, what if you are going to miss this place? it's normal to miss a place when you leave it. i miss my hometown as it was what i always knew before leaving for a better future and moving away from it. everyone feels that way as it is all they knew, but it gets better as time goes by." she tried to reassure carter who just looked at her with sadden eyes.

"you don't understand," carter replied with sadness lingering in his voice. "i want to travel, but i lived my whole life here. it just doesn't feel right to leave it all behind."

sharkbait paused, trying to think about a compromise between carter's dreams of traveling and the island. then, it struck her. "you know something? sometimes
    people leave for a bit, like a couple of weeks or just one, on a vacation. so, you don't necessarily have to move away from here to peruse your dreams of traveling the world. it will always be here to greet you with open arms when you return. if you still don't like that, then ask around for books about the world. that's your second best thing for it. it gives you the sense of being there, but at least, you can still be in the island for as long as you want." from there, there wasn't much of talking between the two of them, just silence. all that sharkbait hoped for was that the advice would be good enough to ensure that carter still could peruse his dreams of travelling.

[286 words]
lovage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A cozy log cabin... [Game #9 Open!]

Postby sicknasty » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:58 am

Big boy, big dreams.
Username: sicknasty
Link to sign-up post: here
Prompt response:
levi sat down next to carter, their paws scuffing in the dirt as they thought about their response. carter's problem was one that they recognised, although slightly different from their own - a home they loved dearly, taken away, responsibilities abandoned. they hadn't picked their travels willingly, though. and it wasn't like they'd dealt with it particularly well.
looking sideways at carter, levi raised their paws to illustrate the point they were making. "it's not about leaving them behind," they begun, uncertainly, "it's about coming back. as long as you come back, it doesn't matter if you're here-" they stretched out one paw far to the left - "while they're over here." they stretched out the other paw in the opposite direction.
"these are the people you love, right? so they want you to be happy! go travel, make maps, whatever. just as long as you come back to them, with stories to tell, they'll be happy too. coming back is most important. not - not everyone gets a chance to do that."
they broke off, staring out over the island, then took another sideways look at carter to see how he was taking their super great advice. "and anyway, there's always kalbook. you can't tell me you islanders don't have that!"
just not here anymore -
check out my da or add me on discord!

box - they/them or she/hers
about - my kalons - da

ImageImageImage
sicknasty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waffle02 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:39 am

Big boy, big dreams.
Username: waffle02
Link to sign-up post: X
Prompt response:
♪♫♪My Characters and Adopts
♪♫♪ Art Shop - OPEN
♪♫♪My JBDs
♪♫♪ My Kalons

ImageImage
waffle02

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby watts » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:48 am

Big boy, big dreams.
    Username: monchy
    Link to sign-up post: boop
    Prompt response:

aquila was a bit taken aback by the question. carter wanted to leave the island? though he supposed he couldn't blame him; it wasn't very big, and ought to get boring once living there your entire life. he paused, tapping his chin with one hand and scratching the back of his head with another. then he came up with the perfect idea. "oh, i know! i need to introduce you to salvatore. he's a merchant back home; he wanted to be able to travel the world, like you, so the gods protecting the land allowed him on one condition. he had to come home once every three months, at least. doesn't that sound like a great deal?"

carter seemed a bit hesitant to respond, perhaps not quite understanding aquila's idea.

"alright, well... his job is being a merchant. he goes out, travels to beautiful places all over, trading goods and meeting people and learning cultures and whatnot. then, he visits us. that way he still gets to have fun how he wants, but he doesn't feel like he's leaving us behind. now, does that make sense? i'm sure if i introduced you two, he would love to have you on his ship. we like to joke around and call him a pirate, sometimes!"

(213/200)

rpnt watts ; polyfrag DID system

it/they

apex legends || icon (c) tinivy @ tumblr
watts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catskitten » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:54 am

Big boy, big dreams.
Username:Catskitten
Link to sign-up post:
Eli
Prompt response:

As Carter mentioned maps Eli wondered if that was an excuse to do something other than island stuff. Is that why Trystyn did map things as well? Eli could get that doing something for a long time could get boring. As fun as the island was those who had the heart of an adventurer had to adventure otherwise they just got depression. Eli knew that all too well.
Thats why Eli traveled and lived on a ship.
Got to go places at wish with nobody to hold Eli back. What if Eli had friends?
Would it be hard to leave them?
Its not like Carter would be gone forever.
"Well i think personally you need to do what makes you happy. If travelings your thing you need to do just that and if you don't like it come back. If you miss your friends just come home whenever you want. They'll miss you yeah but its better than thinking about what could of been the rest of your life. Long story short if you don't pack your bags im kalonapping you for a ship ride.
Im giving you the ultimatum you have till august twenty first to get off this island yourself. Don't bother to tell anyone they can't help you. Im not leaving you sad on an island. Ok bye Carter its been fun my dude thanks for the good time."
Eli walked off with a salute as Carter stared at Eli retreating in shock.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sootclan - [Login to Sta.sh]Image - My Adopts
The Collectables - Potion Creatures Lab - Babusagi Image

ImageImageImageAvatar Credit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Catskitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Werecat » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:57 am

Big boy, big dreams.
Username: .secretsociety.
Link to sign-up post: here!
Prompt response:
Detroit looked at Carter, she knew how it felt to be stuck somewhere with no hope of ever leaving. feeling pity for the kal in front of her she grabbed his hand "if you want to go and explore, then do it. Don't wait for others to tell you that you can, and most certainty do not wait for life you give you an opening" she said, her words passionate. She had waited a life span if not more, before she stood up for herself and made her own opening to explore the world all around her. Before she had gone out into the world, before she had made her friends, she was stuck for twenty four hours, seven days a week, 365 days a year, at a desk, filing and writing up reports. She didn't want to see Carter waste his life away on the island, no matter how nice it may be, and end up forever stuck there. The world was so grand and great, it would be a shame to leave it un-explored.
she sighed, nodding out of her current state after noticing she was just staring off "don't wait. If you want to go then go. the island can wait, whether its a day, a week or even a month, even if you go halfway across the world, this island and all of your friends on this island will still be here for you."
[238 words]
Werecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me