A cozy log cabin... [Game #12 Closed!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: A cozy log cabin... [Game #12 Open!]

Postby Lady Tuesday » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:50 am

Big boy, big dreams.
Username: Lady Tuesday
Link to sign-up post: here
Prompt response:

[word count: 289]

Acantha wanted to frown when she heard the news but stopped herself just in time. She could tell that it hurt Carter to think of leaving all of his friends behind, and she didn't want to add onto that pain by showing a clear disapproval in the idea. She knew needed to be supportive of his dreams!

"Carter, that sounds like a lovely idea. You've lived your entire life on this island. It's beautiful, no doubt about that, but so is the rest of the world. I understand your urge to get out there and see it. I have the same desire every now and then. to just pack up and ship out, but I'm not quite as brave as you. I don't know that I'd actually ever do it." She half smiled. "But you... you're one of the bravest people I know! I believe that if anyone can get out there and travel it's you. You'll make wonderful new friends, and you'll keep in touch with the old ones too, I'm sure of it! We'll all be rooting for you and eager for updates on your adventures. My advice to you is to take lots of pictures and videos, but also, don't forget to live in the moment! Make sure you actually experience the things you're doing, and that you have memories of them besides the pictures. And don't forget to try new things. You don't want to get caught up in the same old same old even though you're out in exciting new places. Otherwise, what's the point of leaving the comfort of home? Just remember, we all believe in And if you ever wish to return home, everyone on Kalokairi will still be here for you."

i love you wrote:
Knee
My kalons
My Deviantart
Starling Deer Adopts

M a k e
a
w i s h ,

d a r l i n g .
Lady Tuesday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A cozy log cabin... [Game #9 Open!]

Postby SkyGold » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:24 am

Big boy, Big dreams.
Username: SkyGold
Link to sign-up post: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=4123900&start=10#p125966071
Prompt response: Image
ImageImageImageImage

Flitz | Kalons | To-do | n/a
| click the chickens for their respective links |

leaving, had a fun 6 years! :)
SkyGold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lumilys » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:29 am

lumilys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby carpe » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:32 am

Big boy, Big dreams.

Username: pangurbanka
Link to sign-up post: link

Prompt response:

carpe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 2246 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:55 am

Big boy, big dreams.
Username: Nikolina
Link to sign-up post: Here!
Prompt response:
Mac looks at Carter, with deep sadness in his eyes. Carter’s such a good guy, he deserves so much happiness.
“Hey.. You’ve been working so hard every day, you deserve to do something for yourself. You deserve to feel free, I know you’re scared of going into the unknown, but you can keep in contact with your friends by mail, and you could visit every now and then. Maybe someone would be willing to go with you, even?” Carter’s eyes shine, as Mac continues “There’s so much out there, so much to discover and see. Just imagine, you could find an island no one ever found before. You’ll be the first person to step on it. And besides, your work will be helpful to others, especially to future generations. So I say, go for it.” Mac thinks for a little before laughing “Or hey, you could be like a modern kinda-Persephone, spend half of the year on the island, and other half discovering the world? I think that’s the best solution!” Carter smiled in return, as Mac took out his phone, a little notebook and a pencil “Let’s google what all you need to make your dreams come true” he said, as he handed Carter the notebook, and he started googling “how to explore the world”. Mac hugged Carter as he said “Okay, first, you will need a backpack-”
[229]

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allu » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:55 am

Big boy, big dreams.
Username: alluvium
Link to sign-up post: x
Prompt response:

cara looks at carter with a surprised expression on her face. he wanted to be a cartographer? that surprised her, but she'd give him the best advice possible nevertheless. placing a paw on his shoulder, she smiled at him. "hey, you have dreams and that's awesome. you can make your dreams a reality though. maybe think a bit less about others and more about yourself, y'know?" she paused for a moment, carefully considering her words before continuing. "and hey, kalokairi will always be here for you! any time you want to come back, they'll let you. they're like family to you, right? they will absolutely support you if you want to go out and explore the world." her eyes sparkled a bit, as she was proud of her advice for once. "do me a favor and follow your dreams, okay? i know you'll be happy with your decision. its not like you'd be banned from coming back to kalokairi!" she laughed in hopes of lightening the mood slightly. "now that the serious stuff is out of the way, you got any questions about cartography? i listen to my girlfriend talk about it all the time and we basically work together so i've learned quite a bit.." cara said, smiling at him.
allu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hiraeth + hound » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:07 am

Big boy, big dreams.
Username: hiraeth + hound
Link to sign-up post: here
Prompt response:

As Carter woefully asks for advice, Roe gives him a deep, longful stare. This same sort of issue resonates with himself too, when at a time he too had to leave everyone behind. Given, back then it was by choice, and he had to adapt and overcome rather than suffer in his own misery. "Well.. I could tell you not to be attached to people in the first place." This is how he had been for almost all of his life, refusing to make healthy and important relationships with others in fear they would be forcefully ripped away from him one day, or that they might drag him down in life.

"However, that wouldn't be fair to you or them. It's good to have people to talk to, and to have people to care for you and to watch your back. It's good to have people to… love you." He struggles a bit at the end, but he speaks with a quiet confidence, he knows he's right. He himself has played this song and danced this beat.

"Given you've been here so long and made such close bonds, I'm sure your friends would be more upset over you not going and denying your dreams to spare their feelings." Carter seems to think this over. "Besides, they'll be here waiting for you when you get back, and then you can share all the sights you've seen and things you've done with them. I'm sure they'll love every minute of it. It'll be like you never left."

Carter grins, seemingly convinced now to do what he has to do and follow his dreams.

"Unless, you know, a tsunami takes out the whole island. I'm sure it won't, though."
hiraeth + hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Radiation King » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:08 am

Big boy, big dreams.
Username: NCC-1701-D
Link to sign-up post: yeet
Prompt response:
Cesar sighed for a brief moment, trying to think of the right words. It seemed like forever ago, but he’d had a similar dilemma when he was young.
“It sounds to me like you’ve got a big choice to make, but it is your choice. I know it’s hard to feel like you’re leavin’ everyone an’ everything you care about behind, but sometimes you just gotta do it to accomplish your goals in life. Besides, it’s not like you’ll be gone forever, vacations are different than moving. An’ you can always write ‘em letters, or postcards, or…… text or whatever you young people do to keep in touch now. You’ll make new friends, find new jobs, have plenty of new experiences…”

He looked back at Carter, only to see the younger Kalon staring at him expectantly.
“What about you? What happened when you left Italy? What was it like?”
Of course he wants to know more, Cesar just had to open his mouth about the whole mafia thing earlier. Cesar growled, scratched his head and looked away for a moment.

“…I ain’t gonna lie to you, it wasn’t easy leavin’ my family behind, even as much as I resented them at that point. An’ my friends, the few that survived anyway, that was harder. The only thing we had to keep in contact back then was paper an’ pen…. Which… I couldn’t really do given the cops were on us all the time. But anyway. Gettin’ to New York was difficult enough; I stowed away on on a freighter though, nothin’ like these new cruise ships. An’ then once I got there I found out, sure, plenty of people there spoke Italian but plenty more spoke English, which I couldn’t understand at all. Now that part was pretty easy to catch on to since there were enough people around who spoke both languages. Still…. It wasn’t that far from what I was used to. I’ve traveled a bit since then on business and going to another country can be like walkin’ into a completely different planet, y’know? But it can be a lotta fun too. Especially once you learn your way around an’ start makin’ new friends an’ a new life for yourself.”

Carter still didn’t look completely convinced. “What about all the work that needs to be done around here? I can’t just leave it to everyone else.”
Cesar chuckled a bit. “Well, you gotta find someone to take over then. But, uh, I think I know a guy…”

[422 words]

🆆🅷🅰🆃 🅷🅰🆅🅴
....🆆🅴 🅷🅴🆁🅴

call me rads. i haven't been
really active for a while but
i still grab the new pets.

just a grumpy old man tbh

🎵
Radiation King

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sobble » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:16 am

Big boy, big dreams.
Username: Gengar.
Link to sign-up post: hereee
Prompt response:

Fawkes looked at Carter for a brief moment, frowning as they tried to grab hold of something comforting to say. Truth was- Fawkes had never needed to say goodbye to a friend - they hadn’t had any when they left town. Fawkes broke the silence, gently placing their one good paw on Carter’s shoulder.

“Y’know Carter, I’ve never had ta say goodbye ta a friend, ‘an I don’t see a reason ta start now... Why not come with me for awhile? We’ll be back in a pinch, soon as the ship gets all fixed up eh?” Fawkes grinned, though they could tell Carter seemed on edge, mulling over the idea quietly.

“Promise ‘s not as scary as it sounds! Ya won’t have ta say goodbye ta anyone - just ‘See ya later!’ You’ll be able ta see the world an’ be back in time for dinner - so to speak. Everyone needs a vacation, even tha hardest workers! An’ yer tha hardest workin’ man I know!” Fawkes gave Carter a hearty pat on the back, nearly knocking him off the rock pile they had rested on. After much convincing and over one of Kalokairi’s scenic sunsets, the two agreed to set sail for a few weeks, to help carter chart new places and see the world without worrying about saying goodbye.
[221 words]
    They/them | Adult | PA student
    Prone to experiencing mental illness, please be nice.
    I love pokemon, coffee, and my late kitty Cleo.
    PMs OK for reminders or commissions/discord tag
    Art credits linked to images!
    Kals
sobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meridiem » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:20 am

Big boy, big dreams.
Username: Meridiem
Link to sign-up post: Here
Prompt response:

Nemo nodded at his newfound friend's heartbroken words. He thought for a second.

"Wait right here, I have something." Carter looked up with a confused look as Nemo ran towards the cruise ship. What is this kid getting he thought to himself.

Nemo tore his room apart. Where is it is all that was running through his head. Nemo let out a heavy sigh as he threw himself onto his bed. He threw his arms out and hit something hard under the covers. He perked up and threw the covers out of the way. he grabbed the item he was looking for and ran back to Carter.

"I found it!" Nemo came roaring back from the cruise ship with an object held above his head. Cartner tilted his head. Out of breath, Nemo handed Carter a book.

"Here." Carter looked down then back up at Nemo. "Go on open it." Carter did as he was told and opened the book. It was full of pictures, maps, trinkets, stamps, sand, rocks, flower, and so much more. Pictures filled the pages of Nemo and this other kal who was labeled as "Love", "Honey", "Baby".

"This is cool, but why are you showing me this?" Carter asked Nemo.

"Because really no matter how much you travel and visit places, you gotta have a friend to go with you or it isn't much fun." Nemo sighed and took a seat. "I miss Mason so much on this trip, I wish he could've come. So my advice to you is, go find a travel buddy and the ideas to travel and adventure will come naturally to you." Nemo smiled and looked Carter in his eyes. Carter smiled back and gave Nemo a big bear hug.
------------------------------------------
Meridiem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me