2021 VOK/HW Event-- The Scribe's Shrine

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: 2021 VOK/HW Event-- The Scribe's Shrine

Postby Firedancer77 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:10 am

Username: Firedancer77
Pride/group link: Isle of Roses
Day 3 Prompt:
Skyla cocked her head to the side in thought, pawing at the ground as she considered what was being said. “Perspective, flow, and towering?” She confirmed, considering what it could mean.
Was each word supposed to be associated with a specific land? There were three after all, and there were three different cities to learn from to defeat the titan.
Flow was the most obvious. That had to correlate with the sea. Perhaps towering was connected with the sky? But then how did perspective tie into the land?
“Hadithi, would you happen to know what these words are referring to?” Skyla asked upon returning to the Sky Oasis camp.
The pale lioness tilted her head to the side, blinking in bemusement. “Where did you get words like that from?”
Skyla sighed and shook her head. “Nevermind, it’s unimportant.” Turning away, she huffed and made her way towards someone else who was friendly enough to get answers from. “Grimm, would you happen to know anything about these words? A story or legend, perhaps?”
After recounting them once again to him, he shook his head. “No,” he said, completely bemused by the question. “Where did you get those from?”
“It doesn’t matter,” she sighed, turning away once more.
But Grimm wasn’t completely giving up on it. “Skyla, hang on. Have you checked the Archives for any information on it?”
She glanced back at him, startled. “The Archives?”
“Yes, where Lulama and Cole are.”
“Oh, those Archives!” Skyla smiled widely, despite being a bit concerned about needing to go speak with those two again. “Thank you, I’ll go ask them. I didn’t know you guys kept stories recorded anywhere.”
“Icarus wrote down a lot of different stories he collected over the years. You’d be surprised what you could find in there.”
“Thanks, Grimm. I’ll go check it out.” [305]

Isle of Roses | Valley of Kings

One of these days a-coming, I'm gonna take that boy's crown

Cause I am, I am a little wicked
I am, I am
Hands red, hands red just like he said

I am a little wicked

No one calls you honey when you're sitting on a throne
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frisco » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:20 am

Username: Frisco
Pride/group link: Night Watch
Day 3 Prompt: 327 words
The group turns away from the lioness and walks a few feet away before coming to a stop.

- Should we ask the nice old man again? - Aris suggests.

- No! - Nahi yells out immediately. - I can’t stand listening to him for hours again! Augh! - She rolls her eyes ostentatiously. - Anything but that. I’d rather search for it myself. Why don’t we do that? Instead of listening to some boring old guy spew nonsense again, we’ll try finding clues in the environment?

- He wasn’t boring - Hickory interjects, his voice sounding hurt. - His stories were very interesting.

- Yeah, whatever. Maybe to a nerd like you.

- Shush, you two - Sye sounds like he’s had enough. - How do you expect to find clues about legends in the sand?

Nahi seems to lose some of her usual confidence as her ears droop a little and her eyes gaze around, as if looking for an answer, but not finding one.

- Well… - she starts uncertainly. - How about we try with magic? We can cast detection on those great white pillars. We may be able to find some stuff out that way. Aris, you’re a researcher, you should know how to do it.

- I do research on frogs, not rocks - he says, sounding like his pride got a little hurt by being compared to a simple stone scientist.

- Well then you should have no problem, rocks should be much easier than frogs. They don’t move and all that. Go ahead and do your magic.

Aris sighs, but still moves over to the pillars. With an empty hand he draws a sigil in the air and it disperses, turning into smoke that envelops the stone. His brow furrows as he watches something the others don’t seem to notice. Eventually he sighs.

- Nothing. There is magic imbued within the pillars, but it’s very old and vague. I won’t find out anything specific this way.

- Don’t tell me we have to go back to the old man - Nahi cries.

What a beautiful, beautiful thing
to be able to dream
when you're not asleep.

art by Sixbane
Frisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnightkitkat » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:48 am

Username: Midnightkitkat
Pride/group link: Oasis Basin
Day 3 Prompt:
    Another day another mystery it would seem. The quest today more confusing then the first. "Now they ask about three realms or lands. That has to be the sky, sea, and land when they all knew each other right?" Walking in thought he was to focused on his thoughts to realize where he was walking. Smacking straight into a wall for his troubles. Rubbing the ache from his nose he realized he had made his way back to the archives of the sea. Unsure if another search would yield any results as he had already looked through what books ans scrolls he could find about the last question. As he was about to turn and leave the sound of scampering and scrambling paws steps followed by a loud yell, "AND STAY OUT YA HOODLUMS!" Wtching in both hidden shock and amusement as two cubs were chased out the doors by a rough and old looking lion. "KIDS THESE DAYS DON'T HAVE ANY RESPECT." Speaking loudly in what Everest had to assume was his normal tone. He supposed time had not been kind to this strangers hearing. As he approached the buildings entrance the lion turned to him with squinted eyes, "YOU AGAIN. DIDN'T FIND WHAT YOU WERE LOOKING FOR LAST TIME EH?" Grumbling he let Everest enter before making his was back to a desk littered with papers and open folders, "KIDS DON'T KNOW YOUR SUPPOSED TO KEEP THESE TOGETHER. NOW I GOTTA GATHER THEM ALL UP AND PUT'EM IN THE RIGHT PLAC-" His monologue trailing off into a raspy growl in his agitation. Thinking on it for a moment Everest did suppose that asking this records keeper about the tle couldn't hurt. If anyone knew what was amongst the endless shelves it would be him. 'Lets just hope he doesn't run ME out next..'
    [305]
Midnightkitkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Runnersback » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:20 am

Username:Runnersback
Pride/group link: Realms of L’Oasis Lo
Day 3 Prompt:[304/300]
Perseus had gotten done handling the rock monsters and planting traps, and he realized he hadn’t visited some of his friends he’s found around these odd places. He had crossed over the familiar bridge this time bringing the grumbling Hiraeth and the exuberant Áine with him. Percy swished his tail back and fourth walking between the lionesses over the bridge as some other lions were just heading away from where the scribe had positioned herself. Hiraeth was still complaint about meeting another creature with the experiences she’s had with Edgar but Áine was stoked to be meeting someone new, they could never have enough newcomers in her eyes. It wasn’t long till Perseus had found the scribe with a new woven cloth in her paws.

“Ah Perseus, I knew you were to come…. Greetings new comers he has brought with him.” The scribe said rustling her moss covered mane gently.

“Find anything new?” Perseus said his eyes glittered with excitement as he wanted to take a peak at the writing on the cloth but respectfully wrung out his paws in anticipation as the scribe nodded before explaining what she had found and what she was looking for him and the two lionesses to find for her.

Áine cocked her head while Percy smiled and Hiraeth gritted her teeth a little at the confusing ancient mumbo jumbo the lion in front of them was reading from some raggedy looking cloth. Áine spoke first,“Maybe we should ask Kereenyaga he would know the prides archives the best since there is no pride advisor.” “She’s right… Stories can be found there instead of bothering these loco locals… ” Hiraeth grumbled.

Perseus chuckled,“Alright, Alright we’ll talk to Kereenyaga first even though the locals aren’t that bad Hiraeth. I wonder what these three communities and stories are supposed to mean…”

runners/sharkkbait/swiftie
Image🎶 RTF 🎶 cal-vain ©

𝙸 𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝,
𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑."

𝐼𝓉’𝓈 𝒶 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒷𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝓁𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝑒𝒶
Runnersback

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToxicShadow » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:57 am

Username: ToxicShadow
Pride/group link: Oddities of the Celestial Heavens
Day 3 Prompt:

This time, Ghost did not arrive alone at the scribe's shrine. As she had spent more and more time training with Fallyn, even meditated together, she found that she liked her well enough, and invited her to come along with her here after they had finished one session of practice.

So the two females sat and listened to what the scribe had to say and, as usual, Ghost had no idea what the scribe was talking about or referring to. It was probably a reference to the sky, land, and sea, right? It didn't take much to figure that out.

But as Fallyn listened, of course, her own mind went to a tale that was more familiar to her. "I doubt that it is what... is actually be referred to here, but the idea of three communities brings something else to mind for me," she admitted to those around her.

Ghost's gaze shifted away from the scribe and over to the Demon Princess. "And what would that be?" she felt the need to ask, to invite Fallyn to speak, since she seemed to want to.

"Nero, she is the Demon King. Unnaturally, she became the King of the Celestial Heavens, as well, but she has told me that such a thing is not at all... typical. The Celestial Heavens, the Demon Realm, and the mortal realm. There are three different communities. The Celestial Heavens and the Demon Realm have always been enemies throughout the course of time, while the mortal realm has little to do with either, but all mortals are capable of becoming deities or demons, depending on the choices they make and how they cultivate."

"Once, long ago, the demons had succeeded in destroying all the members of the Celestial Heavens, and after recovering their losses, ran amok, greatly harming mortals. But there were occasionally some naturally born demons that were not filled with hatred and violence, and Makuvu and Nero were both such demons. And Nero made the plan to become the Demon King, and change the ways of the Demon Clan, though found her efforts fruitless. Thus, she sought out the divine land and reestablished the Celestial Heavens, mostly from mortals brought to cultivate there."

[369]
ToxicShadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goddess Sword » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:05 am

Username: Goddess Sword
Pride/group link: The Wards (VoK), The Wayfarers (HW)
Day 3 Prompt: Hosted here (401 words)

(Edited because I wrote 2 instead of 3 for the prompt day, oops)
Last edited by Goddess Sword on Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Goddess Sword

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:19 am

Username: Raptocidic
Pride/group link: Arch Empire
Day 3 Prompt:

The archivist was able to tell Angus of a short legend that seemed to fit the description. She didn't know much more than a few sentences unfortunately, but hopefully it gave a little more insight onto the legend. What the archivist did have however, was a photo of an old tattered tapestry that was beleived to be linked to the legend. It appeared to depict a scene with a small lion and a giant lion. Angus wasn't sure what the legend meant, but it seemed cool.

"Where the land, skies and sea meets, the one with perspective shall take their seat. Towering above them their fate will stand; that day energy will flow back though the land."
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chanceuxcat » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:50 am

Username: Chanceuxcat
Pride/group link: Senova
Day 3 Prompt:

Rory tilts their head, something bothering them. Those words... while not much, they seem familiar.

They had come with only Norizan this time, Cressida being busy chasing after the rock critters and Fayvel having grown bored with the mystery. They hadn't been able to find that nearby lion or hyena yet, as the rock creatures had also disrupted that search. But despite not having anything new to bring, Rory feels like a memory is growing inside them.

"Perspective... flow... towering..." they say out loud, trying to dig out that memory.
"Is there something in that?" Norizan asks them. Rory frowns.
"Yes, I mean I think so. I've heard a story like that before."

Norizan feels a flicker of recognition inside himself. "Wait a minute, could it be that one legend? I heard something of it when I was young, it was about storms I think? Of course, the battles between land and sea!"

It dawns on them then, with Norizan's extra push. "Yes! That's it!"

They both turn to the Scribe, Rory beginning to speak.

"I have something! A story I was told when I was young, it was a prophecy or legend. It started with one, a lion. The Cities- I was told two but now I think it must have been all three- were in a great war. It began between Sky and Sea, and Land eventually refused to take part in it, withdrawing from the war and cutting all contact with them. And from the sea flowed great waves, great power, as they were the strongest, most battle ready army. Yet Sky's position, towering above all others, and their sharp wits made the armies equal. And then came a warrior who gazed upon them from another perspective, on the Land, the middle of the two. This Land warrior ended the battle."

They sit back in triumph, proud to have remembered all that.

But Norizan glances curiously their way, wondering if perhaps that story wasn't about a Land warrior at all. Perhaps it is about their hero.
(339/300)
Chanceuxcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TimelordSnowy » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:27 am

Username: TimelordSnowy
Pride/group link: https://toyhou.se/~world/58005.the-spirit-listeners
Day 3 Prompt:Boop

This is Pickle.He is my friend

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I'm a Snake!

Snakes are wise, graceful, calm, mystic, creative, responsible, shrewd
Sometimes they can be loner, bad communicator, possessive, distrustful.
TimelordSnowy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:26 pm

DAY 3 CLOSED, DAY 4 STARTING
-------------------------------------