Carolina Shepherds Summer Event 2022 (Open to all!)

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Carolina Shepherds Summer Event 2022 (Open to all!)

Postby Gasparluna844 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:26 am

Username: Gasparluna844
Dog Name and ID#: Chester A-0028
Link to Dog: Here ^^
Dog’s SAR Traits/Title Bonuses/Equipment:
3*Booties (+3 to final score in SAR)
CH - Champion (2 Best of Breeds) +1 to SAR
GCHS - Grand Champion Silver (5 Best of Breeds) +1 to SAR
MX - Masters Agility Excellent +1 to SAR
MXC - Masters Agility Century +1 to SAR
AC - Agility Champion +2 to SAR
OCM - Obedience Companion Dog +1 to SAR
TDU - Tracking Dog Urban +2 to SAR
TDV - Tracking Dog Variable +2 to SAR
TC - Tracking Champion +4 to SAR
What trail do you want to take?: Moderate
Additional art/writing/community entries: N/A
Hello there! You can call me Gabs, Gabi or, as most prefer, Luna
I'm Portuguese so English is my secondary language
My pronouns are she/her but they/them is also good if you prefer ^^

Image Image

TH (I'm active in closed species so... check it out if you're interested!)

Mostly here for closed species shenanigans nowdays, but if you wanna trade or talk to me then you're welcome to do so! c:

Anyways, have a good day/night!

(I'm also looking for any halloween pets on my wishlist, i love their designs so much!!!)

Btw mods me and lunarblackberry are friends so we sometimes gift eachother or trade unfairly if we need or want anything, thanks for listening

Gasparluna844

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taikunfoo » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:02 pm

Another friendly reminder that I'm going to be doing these in the evenings now!

Linus and shortstop got distracted by a stream and followed it up the mountainside to a small waterfall and pool, how nice! The water is clear and cool, and Linus hops in for a quick swim. You've progressed 363 feet up the mountain!
You also get 84 feet and 15 SAR points from your short story! Looks like you were able to figure out the map :)

Delgado and Julius525 are walking along the trail at a good pace when a large tree falls across the path ahead with a loud crack and shakes the ground. Delgado is understandably scared of it, but with some time, patience, and lots of treat bribery you and Delgado make it past the fallen tree. You've progressed 379 feet up the mountain!
You also get 42 feet from community participation and 125 feet and 10 SAR points for your sweet drawing of Chantal, what a cute pup!

Cinnamon and ►Athena◄ set off in the early morning, so early that it's still dark out. With little light it's hard to make out the right trail, and at some point you and Cinnamon get turned around and head in the wrong direction. Unfortunately you've failed to progress up the mountain today.
You gain 49 feet from community participation (shelter pets are my favorite kind of adopt suggestions!) and 150 feet and 10 SAR points for your wonderful drawing of Static - he looks so relaxed!

While hiking Marek starts whining and their fur starts to bristle before they firmly plant their feet in place, refusing to move. werepickle looks around, trying to figure out why Marek isn’t moving just as the wind changes. You start smelling smoke and up ahead you can see flames flickering between tree trunks. You grab Marek and immediately run towards the ranger station you passed earlier to inform them of the fire. Unfortunately you've failed to progress up the mountain today.
You get 43 feet from community participation and 118 feet and 20 SAR points for your sweet welcome story to Truffles (loved the fluffy fluffy description of her fur)!

Ghost and Delta Dawn got off on the right foot (or paw) and set a good hiking pace! You've found a nice spot with a view of the valley so you decide to take a lunch break. You've progressed 587 feet up the mountain!
You also gain 27 feet for community participation!

Sherifax and Frisco are hiking up the trail when Sherifax's head snaps around and they dive into a bush by a large rock. You walk over to investigate and are proudly handed a slobber-covered wallet by Sherifax that someone has lost. Continuing your hike, you eventually come across a ranger station and give the wallet to them so they can find the owner. You've progressed 327 feet up the mountain!
You also gain 36 feet for community participation!

Chester and Gasparluna844 stop to chat with another hiker. They let you know about a washed out section of trail ahead so you can avoid it. You've progressed 285 feet up the mountain!

Event Totals:
►Athena◄: 1123 - You win a tug toy x1! This item has been added to your bank.
Delta Dawn: 1451 - You win a tennis ball x1! This item has been added to your bank.
Frisco: 1741 - You win a choice between one 2* piece of equipment or one common trait! Please send me a pm with your choice so I can add it to your bank.
Furrydogs12 - 300
Gasparluna844: 1654 - You win a choice between one 2* piece of equipment or one common trait! Please send me a pm with your choice so I can add it to your bank.
Julius525: 957 - You win a chicken treat x1! This item has been added to your bank.
shortstop: 1329 - You win a tennis ball x1! This item has been added to your bank.
werepickle: 640 - You win a beef treat x1! This item has been added to your bank.
taikunfoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Delta Dawn » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:43 pm

Username: Delta Dawn
Dog Name and ID#: LK Tales Of Yesteryear | "Ghost" C-00015
Link to Dog: Here
3* Booties +3 to SAR
Outdoor Enthusiast (+5 to tracking and SAR)
Novice SAR Dog +2 to SAR
Tracking Dog Urban +2 to SAR
Tracking Dog Variable +2 to SAR
Tracking Champion +4 to SAR
Masters Agility Excellent +1 to SAR
What trail do you want to take?: Challenging
Additional art/writing/community entries: Community Participation

hey, i'm dawn!
they/them | young adult
trade thread

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Delta Dawn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frisco » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:06 pm

Username: Frisco
Dog Name and ID#: Miss #B-0137
Link to Dog: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=4726188
Fit (+2 to sports and SAR)
Major Fault (-10 to conformation, -2 to sports & SAR)
Additional art/writing/community entries:
Community participation

What a beautiful, beautiful thing
to be able to dream
when you're not asleep.

art by Sixbane
Frisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Julius525 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:38 pm

Username: Julius525
Dog Name and ID#: Delgado C-0002
Link to Dog: Link
Dog’s SAR Traits/Title Bonuses/Equipment: (+18)
NSAR - Novice SAR Dog (Find 2 missing hikers) +2 to SAR
Community Participation
Little color in of Flint in this Primsi's base!
Julius525

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby werepickle » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:57 pm

Username: werepickle
Dog Name and ID#: Marek
Link to Dog: Here
Driven (+2 to SAR)
TDU (+2 SAR)
TDV (+2 SAR)
TC (+4 SAR)
CH (+1 SAR)
GCHS (+1 SAR)
NSAR (+2 SAR)
Community Participation, Story, Artwork

Here (727 words)

Art using lilpuppin’s base
Here
Last edited by werepickle on Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
werepickle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shortstop » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:18 am

Username: shortstop
Dog Name and ID#: #A-0005 SM's Read Between the Lines//Linus
Link to Dog: cs page || th page
    3* Booties (+3 to SAR)
    TDU - Tracking Dog Urban (+2 to SAR)
    TDV - Tracking Dog Variable (+2 to SAR)
    TC - Tracking Champion (+4 to SAR)
    MX - Masters Agility Excellent (+1 to SAR)
    MXC - Masters Agility Century (+1 to SAR)
    AC - Agility Champion (+2 to SAR)
    NSAR - Novice SAR Dog (+2 to SAR)
What trail do you want to take?: Moderate Trail
    Community Participation: posted in general chat c:

Writing: Story regarding the event featuring #A-0005 SM's Read Between the Lines//Linus [436 words]
      They had found the trail again. Linus was relieved, and the trainer seemed more relaxed after getting another night's rest. Once they packed up their camp, they continued to make their way towards the peak. The terrain was still pretty forested. Linus had decided that he would pay more attention to things, in the hopes that it would stop the trainer from getting lost again. But staying focused was tough with the forest so close. At some point he had seen a bear, and now the dog felt as though he needed to be on his guard.
      At around mid-afternoon, the trainer slowed down and pulled out the map again. They mumbled something about needing to find water, then smiled at Linus before directing him off of the trail. Linus tried to protest, but the trainer assured him that it would be fine, that they wouldn't be away from the trail for long. Linus relented, eventually agreeing that some water would be nice.
      They came to a pool, a small stream running into it. Linus could hear some louder water noises through the trees. Could a waterfall be nearby? He decided to get a drink first, dunking his face into the stream. The water here was refreshingly cool, and Linus drank is fill. He moved to sit near the trainer while they filled up their water bottles. Linus stared into the trees. He was surprised that they hadn't come across another dog team yet. Maybe the other teams were further up the mountain? He hoped he would meet them.
      The birds around them suddenly fell silent. The air changed, and Linus tensed as he moved closer to the trainer. A bear appeared further down the stream. It paid no mind to the pair of them, but it still made Linus nervous. The bear got into the water. There was a splash, then it reappeared with a huge fish hanging from its mouth. Linus was stunned! He didn't know that bears knew how to catch fish. Satisfied with its catch, the bear disappeared back into the forest.
      If the bear could catch a fish, then surely Linus could. Before the trainer could lead him back towards the trail, Linus waded into the stream and stared down into the water. It took a moment for things to settle, but eventually the shadowy shapes of fish appeared around him. Linus grinned. He glanced at the trainer, then plunged his face into the water and wrapped his fangs around a fish. When he emerged with his prize, the trainer sighed.
      "What am I supposed to do with a fish, Linus?"
we do the best we can with what we have
┏━━━━━━━━━━━┓
toyhouse
flight rising
arpg storage
discord: shortstop.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━┛
previously shadow9119 (2011-2021)
shortstop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ►Athena◄ » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:58 am

Username: ►Athena◄
Dog Name and ID#: Cinnamon, B-0057
Link to Dog: here
Dog’s SAR Traits/Title Bonuses/Equipment: (+18 total)
3* Booties (+3 to SAR)
NSAR - Novice SAR Dog +2 to SAR
What trail do you want to take?: Challenging
Community Participation - art share + adopt suggestions
I made art of Yam and a color-in of Prompto.

Edit: Finished my color-in of my Rae, Skylark,
and Heatwave with Furrydogs12's Minerva aka all four of Prompto and Sasha's pups from 3 litters.
Last edited by ►Athena◄ on Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
►Athena◄

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gasparluna844 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:57 am

Username: Gasparluna844
Dog Name and ID#: Chester A-0028
Link to Dog: Here ^^
3*Booties (+3 to final score in SAR)

Writing: Personality development for Lupus A-0119 [372 words]

Honestly? Nobody saw him coming. The moment their owner walked through the front door with Lupus beside them all the other dogs could do was stare in shock and fright, this was an absolute beast sized shepherd. They weren't alone in feeling intimidated though, they could sense that their human was also slightly unnerved by what they had brought home after partaking in trick or treating. The large one stared at all of his new companions and caretaker with unyielding eyes, one by one, very slowly too, to the point that everyone was beginning to get freaked out until the most recent member of the house opened his mouth, all held their breath as he spoke a singular sentence "...Where's the food at?". Turns out nobody had anything to fear after all... Well... What they had to fear for was their food, Lupus was a big glutton and if any treat is left unattended he won't hesitate to eat it without a second thought. However, he easily feels guilty afterwards so he'll most likely end up confessing to stealing said food. Although huge, he's careful with anyone and anything that he's around, always mindful of his size in any situation, but he's not necessarily the smartest, some things tend to fly over his head (like jokes) or he takes them at face value which can (and has) created a couple of misunderstandings. In the end, he's still a sweet, gentle giant, who's ready to protect his family whenever needed due to his determination, ferocity and fearlessness. Don't be intimidated by his size and focused stare, he would never hurt anyone unless he had to, if he's staring too hard it's just because he doesn't even realize it, he's simply thinking about what he's gonna have for lunch or dinner. He's trying his best to seem less scary to other dogs, since they're all usually too scared to even approach him, they tend to run away and normally he doesn't get to interact with them again because their owners don't want him to, little by little he's getting there though, his new home is seeing him less as a possible threat and more as a kind guardian so that's a good first step.

Art: Here's Lupus and some of.his pups! The pups present are: Espresso B-0084, Latte B-0085 and Vader B-0149 ^^ (Note to self: Don't draw agouti dogs before figuring out how to make the agouti markings in the first place 😅)
Hello there! You can call me Gabs, Gabi or, as most prefer, Luna
I'm Portuguese so English is my secondary language
My pronouns are she/her but they/them is also good if you prefer ^^

Image Image

TH (I'm active in closed species so... check it out if you're interested!)

Mostly here for closed species shenanigans nowdays, but if you wanna trade or talk to me then you're welcome to do so! c:

Anyways, have a good day/night!

(I'm also looking for any halloween pets on my wishlist, i love their designs so much!!!)

Btw mods me and lunarblackberry are friends so we sometimes gift eachother or trade unfairly if we need or want anything, thanks for listening

Gasparluna844

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taikunfoo » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:33 pm

Furrydogs12 will be rolled when they update their form

Delta Dawn finds a nice spot by a stream to take a quick lunch break and is just pulling out their sandwich when Ghost becomes very, very fixated on something in the water. You look up to see a large snake swimming towards you! Delta Dawn grabs Ghost and quickly runs uphill to get away from the snake, and after hiking away from the snake for at least a mile you try again to find a nice lunch spot. You've progressed 595 feet up the mountain!
You also gain 37 feet for community participation!

Miss and Frisco stop at the edge of a neatly manicured lawn in confusion - you’ve walked into someone’s backyard! Clearly you’ve taken a wrong turn. You spend the rest of the afternoon retracing your steps and getting back on the trail. Unfortunately you've failed to progress up the mountain today.
You gain 29 feet for community participation!

As Delgado and Julius525 are hiking you start smelling something strange on the wind. It’s not long before you come across a rather large burned area on the mountainside; it looks like a small fire was here not too long ago. You carefully check the ashes as you walk through to make sure that they’re not hot so they don’t burn Delgado’s paws. You've progressed 328 feet up the mountain!
You also gain 42 feet for community participation and 50 feet and 9 SAR points from your sweet drawing of Flint!

Marek and werepickle stop for a lunch break and watch a large bird soar past - there sure are a lot of different animals out here! Marek runs ahead, chasing after the bird's shadow on the ground. You've progressed 391 feet up the mountain!
You also gain 43 feet for community participation, 236 feet and 35 SAR points for your humorous story about Marek and Jersey going to the beach (and poor Jersey discovering crabs) and 50 feet and 9 SAR points from your cute drawing of Flint!

Early on in your hike thunder booms across the mountainside and rain starts to fall. Linus and shortstop find a small cave and take shelter until the storm passes before continuing your hike. You've progressed 376 feet up the mountain!
You also gain 36 feet from community participation and 141 feet and 20 SAR points for your story about Linus's discovery of fishing (hopefully his handler figured out how to cook it for dinner)!

While hiking Cinnamon and ►Athena◄ come across a rather large rock on the mountainside with a simple wooden ladder leading up the side. Curious, you climb up to take a look and are greeted with picturesque views of some of the surrounding mountains. You've progressed 527 feet up the mountain!
You also gain 28 feet from community participation, 175 feet and 10 SAR points for your great drawing of Yam flying through an agility hoop, 58 feet and 10 SAR points for your detailed color-in of Prompto, and 230 feet and 36 SAR points for your family picture of Prompto's and Sasha's puppies!

Chester and Gasparluna844 stumble across a blueberry patch in a clearing! You fill your pockets while Chester chases a few berries down the hill. You've progressed 285 feet up the mountain!
You also gain 125 feet and 15 SAR points from Lupus's personality development (or should I say developing appetite!) and 350 feet and 32 SAR points for your sweet family portrait - Lupus looks so proud!

Event Totals:
►Athena◄: 2141 - You win a choice between one 2* piece of equipment or one common trait! Please send me a pm with your choice so I can add it to your bank. You also win 25 SAR points! They have been added to your bank.
Delta Dawn: 2083 - You win 25 SAR points! They have been added to your bank.
Frisco: 1770
Furrydogs12 - 300
Gasparluna844: 2414 - You win 25 SAR points! They have been added to your bank.
Julius525: 1377 - You win a tennis ball x1! This item has been added to your bank.
shortstop: 1882 - You win a choice between one 2* piece of equipment or one common trait! Please send me a pm with your choice so I can add it to your bank.
werepickle: 1360 - You win a tug toy x1! This item has been added to your bank.
taikunfoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me