Kalon Announcement Thread [DNP UNLESS STAFF]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Kalon Announcement Thread [DNP UNLESS STAFF]

Postby iBrevity » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:40 am

We've got a bank announcement!

All Kamp event items have now been moved to the general bank pages.
Please PM me as soon as possible if your inventory is not correct!

As well as moving all Kamp items, we've updated any usernames that have changed between now and then. If you can't find your items under your old username, check for your new one. If you still can't find your items, please PM me and we'll sort it out c:

All usernames have now been linked to their respective CS profile.
If you could, please check to make sure your link works! If it doesn't, I'd appreciate a note letting me know so I can get it fixed c:

If you have any questions about anything, please PM me! <3
If you do message me for anything concerning the bank, please include the word 'bank' somewhere in the title of your message! I don't want anything to get lost c:

also, for convenience's sake, here's a direct link to the bank <3

[art by Baylin]

brev [she/her]

kalon moderator
approvals are -- closed
iBrevity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➥ rules

Postby Karmel » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:49 am

Notice
Hey guys! There's been a bit of confusion it seems surrounding the munchkin height edit. To clear up everything:

Body length edits, such as extending or shortening the body of a Kalon, are only allowed as a Legendary edit. Even still such changes cannot be extreme. Any question regarding what is a isn't allowed with a body length change can be directed at myself or Jiinxed!

As such all Kalons made beforehand with these alterations have been a misunderstanding about the munchkin trait. Simple mistake, and one we will remedy by making it clear in the rules for everyone to know going forward.
Karmel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➥ rules

Postby Karmel » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:59 pm

Multiple Major Updates!

As the species grows we understand the need to alter previous rules to make things clearer and easier for everyone involved. One such topic recently discussed by staff was the issue of trading. This species has never desired for trading to become the main aspect, but we do acknowledge that when you do not connect to a design you wish to exchange them for a design you can be happy in developing. Therefore limits were set in place to ensure that fodder was not an issue and still allow this exchange. We would like to introduce a change to the cooldown limit originally set in place as well as a change in regards to the time spent owning a Kalon before they can be traded. The new rules are as follows:

A user must own a Kalon for 30 days before they are allowed to trade it and may only make two trades every month. These trades can occur at any point during the month and once made you cannot trade again until the 1st of the next month in accordance with CS rollover times.

You can now officially make a total of two trades each month period. This limit is reset on the 1st of a new month as defined by CS rollover times. You can make these two trades at any point during the month no matter the day. We recognized the previous issue of having to wait for trade cooldowns to align with the old system and hope this will remedy it, as well as allow an additional trade slot so that you can more easily obtain a design you wish to develop. Yet with this came another change to help combat fodder trading.

Before, it was stated that you must own a Kalon for a two week period before trading. You must now wait 30 days from receiving the Kalon—whether through adoption, nursery batch, custom, etc.—before you may trade them. This is to try and discourage trading simply for the act. We want people to connect with and develop their Kalons and think about that when they're trying out for adopts, entering for nursery batch slots, and so forth.

Finally, on the subject of trading, you may also make a three-way trade. An example would be: User A gives their Kalon to User C, User B gives their Kalon to User A, and User C gives their Kalon to User A. There will be a new form available on the Archive Update thread for the purpose of such a trade.

We were also discussing an issue about readoptions. We now have rules outlined clearly for all community-based readoptions:

Any user can hold a readoption for their Kalons if they so desire.

Once a readopt is set in place, such as posting the thread or advertising it, a winner must be chosen and the host cannot back out. The Kalon must be then gifted to the new user.

Readoptions must be judged by a month's time after the deadline has passed. If they have been left unjudged, a member of staff will step in to judge it.

Readoptions must be held publicly where forms are visible to all. This means that PM (private message) readoptions are not allowed and must instead be held on a thread. This ensures that it can be judged if the host cannot do so.

This will hopefully eliminate issues in readoptions not being finished and judged. We apologize for the added work involved in creating a thread based readoption over a private message, but this is necessary to ensure that if the host cannot judge it than staff can clearly see the forms in order to make a decision. Please make sure that you're certain about readopting before posting such, as you must choose a winner and cannot change your mind after.

These changes go into effect immediately. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me! <3

Also, I would like to introduce the Kalon Trait Guidelines document!

It outlines current traits and what is/isn't allowed under said trait. If you are confused about anything this is a good place to reference before contacting staff for any further clarification. This guideline is now listed on the front page above the trait list for ease of access. Please note that the information found on the document is subject to change as additions or revisisions are made, so check back often when making new Kalons.
Karmel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➥ misc

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:03 pm

We now have a FAQ!
We've all noticed there are several questions that get asked a lot in the community and during the questionnaire that many of you participated in a couple months ago this was suggested several times, so here it finally is!
link to the FAQ
If you have any questions or concerns about any of the information in the FAQ please PM me! It's been edited and gone over quite a bit but we are still human and capable of mistakes! If there is a question you feel should be in the FAQ but isn't please also let me know! (:
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➥ misc

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:39 pm

The 2018 Kalon Staff Litter is here and open for posting !! All throughout the rest of the month please join us for some themed adopts with designs made by any member of staff, even our mods !!
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➥ misc

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:48 am

We're just a tad bit late but Kalons are having another sale to welcome in the new year! Head on over to our DeviantArt page to see the details for this sale. This will be ending February 14th at 8PM EST.

If you have any questions please contact me [Jiinxed!] on CS or Discord!
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➥ misc

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:18 pm

Kalons have another questionnaire going on !! If you have time please stop by and take a look. We value to input of our community so much and look forward to reviewing all the responses. For those of you that participate there's a prize in store c:

Click here for more information !!
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➥ staff changes

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:59 pm

Hello guys I'm back with a major announcement c:

We are altering our Guest Artist system, instead of the inconsistent openings as we need them we will be implementing a rotating system from this point on. What this means is both Main Adopt and Nursery searches will remain open permanently [the Nursery search should be up and running in the next few days] and every month we will select 3 GAs and 3 NGAs to participate in a Guest Artist Term! These terms will last for an entire month and guarantees that each month we will have a new set of talented people working with us.

This also means however we are changing the way that trials to become official staff works. With this new system you do not go into the Guest Artist Terms with the gurantee of being voted on to staff. Instead we will be individually evaluating each Guest Artist to determine if they shall be extended a Trial. We hope this will allow us the opportunity to get to better know each prospective member and more accurately assess if they will make a seamless addition to the team. Because of this change we have lowered the cooldown time between Guest Artists Terms to allow people to participate and work with us more often. We have also increased the reward for being selected as a Guest Artist.

If you would like to read the complete guidelines for the new system that is given to each new Guest Artist please feel free to!
Guest Artist Guidelines

Without further adieu though I'd like to introduce this month's Guest Artists! Everyone please congratulate Aey, whim, ufos, Snowflakette, Saltybirb, and qpplepie!
As the Nursery search has been closed until this point we have elected to accept 6 main adopt artists to make up for the lack of nursery artists, but please keep an eye out for them next month! I'd also like to say that making the decision for who would be included in this Term was extremely difficult! There were so many talented entries but unfortunately we can not accept everyone at once. If you were not chosen this round please do not get discouraged as it's likely you'll be chosen soon! :D
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ➥ staff

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:02 am

Moderator Applications Are Open!

We're looking for new individuals to help us with the moderation of this species as we continue to grow. This is an open application so anyone can try for it! After the forms are processed, chosen users will then go through a trial period of two weeks to see how you work within the environment and with staff. At the end of the trial, staff will vote on your integration as a full-time Moderator depending on your performance.

Please read and fill out the following form carefully to apply:
Moderator Application Form

Any questions about the form itself, the process, or anything else can be directed at me, Jiinxed!. We wish everyone the best of luck and look forward to bringing on new members of our team. Currently, there is no end date for the applications. We will announce when we're ready to close for all final applications to be submitted!
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon Announcement Thread [DNP UNLESS STAFF]

Postby Rabbit » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:52 am

New Rule:

From today forward, the only acceptable image links allowed for off-oekaki growths/MYOs and proofs are Imgur links and Discord links. This is due to an issue of proofs and references being deleted and no one having it saved, thus causing a lot of issues. The two allowed sources are currently trusted for not deleting the image after a while, and for generally being good about having unbroken image links.

Imgur is a free website where you can upload image files. You don't need an account to upload, but I highly suggest having one just so you can keep all your files in one place. It's super easy and quick to use!

Discord URLs are any URL coming from an image uploaded to Discord. To grab this URL, you just need to open the image that has been uploaded to a Discord chat or server in a new tab (this can also be done on mobile!) and copy that URL. If you're on desktop, you can also right click the image and "copy link". A good idea is to have your own personal Discord server for just you where you can upload any proofs or images for easy access.

An example of a Discord URL is https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... munity.png

If you have any questions, feel free to ask via PM here or DM me on Discord!
This rule starts after this post.
Image News BoxImage wrote:Avatar by Nishipu
Kalons
Art in signature by me (below) and Studiomaz (TH)!
Image Links Image wrote: Wife | Princess | Mont | Cinnamon Roll
Image Art Image wrote:

Click the above for my Kalons!
Rabbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me