The edge of the woods.... [Final Results Up!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: The edge of the woods.... [Prompt Two Open!]

Postby kh.aotic » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:21 am

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: kh.aotic
Link to roll call post: xXx
Link to previous form: xXx
Prompt response:
It was the first night the kampers were spending in the Forbidden Forest for the Test of Courage. Oliver was exhausted after hiking in the morning and staying up late the previous night to set up traps. He still hadn't finished planting all of his traps, so he had planned to wake up earlier to set up his final pranks. After nearly 24 hours of running around in the forest, Oliver had no problem falling asleep, and he instantly passed out.
~*~*~*~*~

Suddenly, Oliver jerked awake, ears pricked, sure that he had heard something, but not sure what exactly had woken him up. It was dark in the cabin, and it seemed like whatever bothered Oliver hadn't woken up the other kampers. eeeEEEeeEEE The sound, there it was again! Nearly inaudible, but it was still there. Sighing, Oliver rolled out of his sleeping bag and gathered some tools and supplies to prepare to go out and investigate. He figured since he was up already, he might as well take the last few traps with him and set them up too. Before leaving the cabin, Oliver took out his phone to check on the status of Cricket. Earlier that day, he had snuck a tracker into the friendship bracelet that he had given to the other kit. Scanning the map on his phone, he was surprised to find out that Cricket was not in his cabin. Rather, Cricket was near the swamp and had managed to set off Oliver's trap there. Stifling a snort, Oliver put on his night vision goggles and headed out to rescue the unfortunate kit. Even though the traps were meant to deter competitors, Oliver had grown quite fond of the kit and was starting to consider him a friend.
~*~*~*~*~

Trekking through the swampy mush took a while, but with his special boots, he made it to the ensnared kit fairly quickly. Oliver couldn't contain his giggling as he worked to free Cricket from the tangles of his sticky net. When the kit was finally out of the sticky situation, Oliver piggybacked Cricket back to solid ground. As they were heading back to their respective cabins, Oliver felt a chill run down his spine. He dismissed the thought, not noticing a faded kalon-like figure in the distance watching them both.

ft. Akemi-chan's kalon Cricket
Aruca Adopts

Image Please interact with my pokemon! uwu

Join Furvilla!
Furvilla Price Guide
---

kh.aotic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby UltimateKitty » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:26 am

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: UltimateKitty
Link to roll call post: here
Link to previous form: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=3858340&p=119746986&hilit=ultimatekitty#p119746986
Prompt response:
[332 words]

It wasn't a simple task to wake Rowan, especially so late in the night, but Rowan woke to a strange noise. Though it was quiet, it rang through Rowan's ears. Don't tell me there's actually some sort of creature out there. she thought. Rowan tried to pull the covers over herself to drown the noise out of her ears. It still nagged at her, it kept pushing her to investigate. She pushed the blankets away and stood up, she was reluctant but still determined to find out what was going on. First she gazed out the window. The trees and bushes against the pale moonlight greeted her, their leaves gently rustling in the night breeze. No trace of whatever was making the noise, if there was, Rowan couldn't see it in the darkness. She sighed deeply and glanced at her brown bag. Not knowing what was out there would keep her up all night. It could be waiting, waiting to attack the cabins. Rowan would rather sacrifice herself than her fellow kampers, whether she liked them or not. Even if it was just a squirrel or something. You never know. She put the bag on her shoulder and started heading towards the door with her halo's light as a guide.

The night was a little breezy but it didn't bother Rowan. It was refreshing to feel after days of heat. She watched the forest closely. The strange sound was more audible outside of the cabin, and Rowan could now see the bushes rustling as if something was in them. Rowan stood as still as a statue in hopes that whatever was there wouldn't hear her. Rowan watched as a creature emerged from the bushes, it turned around and went into the forest. Rowan had no choice, she'd have to follow it into the forbidden forest. Her stomach churned at that thought. A stupid myth was about to become reality.

Maybe that shadow she saw earlier that day wasn't a counselor at all.
UltimateKitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OrangeSocks » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:37 am

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: OrangeSocks
Link to roll call post: Ari
Link to previous form:Boop
Prompt response:

Orange - She/Her - kalons
    ------------------------------
    Nervous bean doing her best.
    Happy to chat! Lover of D&D,
    Star Trek, drawing, & cats!
OrangeSocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Placebo » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:46 am

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: Placebo
Link to roll call post: Finn
Link to previous form: xXx
Prompt response:

[Finn's inner thoughts are colored blue, and his dialogue is black bold. And featuring Biell! Biellindu's dialogue is teal bold.]

Oh Stars, there’s something out there!

Oh man, nonononono--

Maybe it’ll be safer under the bed? Ew, no, spiders, yuck!

...Maybe if I see what’s outside, make sure it’s not something bad? But gosh, it’s so hot out tonight, these bugs are killing me...

Gotta put on my glasses, where are they... Ah, there!

Okay, don’t really see anything beyond the lamp lights... wait are those other campers! Why are they going out into the woods?

EEEK!
“Finn, Finn! Wake u-- oh, good, you’re awake! Come on, let’s go see what’s going on outside!”

She scared me half to death... And is she crazy?! “Biellindu, just because others jump off a cliff, doesn’t mean we should too!”

“Hah, you’re always such a worrier, Finn! Come on, trust me, come morning everyone’s gonna be talking about this, and I don’t know about you, but I don’t wanna be left out of the loop. Now let’s go! I’ll be by your side the whole time, scout’s honor.” What the-- she was never a scout!

This is such a bad idea, oh no... “If we die, I’m blaming it on you.”

“Pff. Yeah, yeah. Here, grab your shoes, they’re moving off! We don’t wanna lose their trail.”

{204 words}
Last edited by Placebo on Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magpie! » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:47 am

Ooooh, spooky!

Username: magpie!
      Link to roll call post: here!
      Link to previous form: here!
      Prompt response:
magpie!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chickpea » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:55 am

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: CompleteChicken
Link to roll call post:Zenith
Link to previous form:blep
Prompt response:

A loud noise awoke zenith in the middle of the night,around 1:00 in the morning.
Everyone was still seemingly asleep,even Zeniths Cardnal,who was on his nightstand.

Zenith dicided to check outside.so he slid off the lower bunk he was in and went to the door.
He slowly opened to door so he would not wake any kampers(even though they had all slept through the noise anyway).he stared at the empty dark camp.

He didn't see anything so he took a few steps out into the dark windy outdoors.
He looked to the left and then to the right. He sniffed the air.
No one and nothing.

Maybe it was aliens he joked to himself as he looked up.
There was something there that should not have been!! A large object almost like a spacecraft, hovering on the other side of Kamp.

Oh....

He pretended he hadn't seen anything and went back to bed
Last edited by Chickpea on Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chickpea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Muggywort » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:01 am

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: Iemongrasses (with an i)
Link to roll call post:
Link to previous form:
Prompt response:
Those are supposed to be moon beams sorry it's rushed I have to go somewhere
┌─────────────────────────────┐
Otus/Oats | He/it | Sapphic
Carrd | TH | My kals
Hey I'm Oats! I rlly like fungi,
plants, hollow knight and snails!
Art & avatar by me

└─────────────────────────────┘
ImageImageImage
Muggywort

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madziu » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:03 am

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: Madziu
Link to roll call post: Present~
Link to previous form: Sign up
Prompt response:
Such a scaredy cat.
────────────────────────────────

━━━━━( “ 𝑏𝑒 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑒 )━━
I use she/her pronouns.
X-Ray Tech
Feel free to pm me. If I don't respond, good chance
I've forgotten so feel free to spam me. (:
I <3 Canines
Proud Polish-Canadian
Currently reading the Throne of Glass series.

━━━( 𝑏𝑒 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 )━━━
My Kalons Bff Auction link ©
━━━( 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑏𝑒 𝒘𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑜𝑔𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 xxxx
xxxxxxx𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑠. ” )━━━━━━━

Madziu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✧ airplane. » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:05 am

Ooooh, spooky!
    Username: high noon
    Link to roll call post: link
    Link to previous form: link
    Prompt response:
      Eleodoro wasn't normally a light sleeper. Once his head hit the pillow he was out. His family joked it was because he was so full of energy during the day, but energy wasn't endless. He crashed hard when it was time for bed. But when he opened his eyes now, it was still the middle of the night.

The boy rubbed at his eyes as he sat up groggily, looking back and forth in confusion. It was practically pitch black, being in the heart of the woods with no light pollution. His cabin was lit by the faint glow of his halo, but it didn't afford much light, and tinted everything red. He shivered. It gave the room a spooky atmosphere.

His bunk mates were all still asleep, faint snores and rustles of blankets the only thing to be heard, and he wondered what had woken him, until a chilling howl rose over the trees and reached him in his bed. He wasn't a scardy-cat by any normal means, but in a bed that wasn't his own, and a place that was still largely unfamiliar to him, he was shaking as he pulled his sheets up over his head. He froze, still and silent, and after a long moment, he thought maybe the sound had been a remnant of a dream, until it came again.

He thought perhaps it was some kind of animal, but again the noise came, and there was something off about it. Something supernatural. Haunting. And also... maybe somehow a little familiar? He couldn't say why, but the as the sound echoed once more, he lowered his blankets. In the end, his natural curiousity won him over, and he swung his legs over the side of the bed.

The wood floor was cold, but he didn't let it stop him. He grabbed his favorite sweatshirt and padded across the cabin to cautiously peer outside the door. He didn't think he was supposed to be out of bed after lights out, and it was the dead of night. He certainly wasn't supposed to be traipsing out to investigate strange noises coming from the woods. But he didn't see any councilors. The coast was clear.

His halo provided enough light to see a few feet in front of him, but he stashed a flashlight in his pocket just in case. There was a bit of distance between the cabins and the so-called Forbidden Forest, but he only managed to trip once, on a bow someone had left out on the archery range. He spared a brief thought that Fig and Newt wouldn't be too happy to find it in the morning. But that left his mind completely as he neared the woods, and his ears twitched as he picked up new sounds. Something was out there in the trees, and common sense probably would have just said it was a coyote or a deer, but when Ellie was focused on something, he tended to drown common sense out.

At the edge of the trees, it seemed like an unnatural wall of darkness within. Even the light from his halo couldn't penetrate between the trunks of the forest he was beginning to consider was aptly named. He pulled out his flashlight and twisted the top, having to hit it a few times on his palm, before the beam blinked on, and then stayed steady. The noises were getting louder, something moving in the woods: rustling, jumping, and scratching at bark, the ocational grunt. Ellie still couldn't see anything but the dark lines of trees, seeming to stretch into infinity beyond.

"H-hello?" he called, voice scratchy from disuse, and not wanting to raise his volume in case a councilor woke up and he got in trouble. Even though that was probably the least of his worries now. He was nervous, but he didn't let it freeze him again. After all, hadn't he just signed up for a night hike so he would have something interesting to write home about? He couldn't afford being scared if he wanted to have the best Kamp experience!

At the sound of his voice, the noises in the woods stopped, and suddenly he heard something bolt through the brush, away from him.

"H-hey!" he called, flashlight beam swinging as he dashed past the forest boundry and into the thick of it. Even if it was just a deer, wouldn't it be something cool to see? He never got to see big animals on base with his family. Eva would be so jealous when he told her.

[761]
[ Red he/they queer tired ]
artist + owner of kalons // firestarter#0687
too much coffee & not enough sleep ✦ an ding peak lord

"my king—!"

[ Kalons TH ] [ Adopts TH ]
x
x

✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hiyorin » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:06 am

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: hiyorin
Link to roll call post: here
Link to previous form: here
Prompt response:
now normally, lilina is not the most sensible person. and its especially after little sleep that the worst decisions are made by her. so when she is woken up by the strange noise in the dead of night, hours before the sun would begin to rise, all logic was thrown to the side. amidst the steady breathing of her cabin members, lilina tried to identity the sound from earlier, but could not recall hearing anything like it in the past. perhaps it was an animal she had never seen before? the thought itself instantly brightened her mood, despite the grogginess she felt from waking up too early. slowly and carefully, lilina pulled the covers off and tiptoed her way past the sleeping kalons. although bringing someone along on the trek to the forest, or at least a light source, would have made the situation more safe, lilina thought bringing them could potentially scare the "animal" away and it would disappear without a trace. she reached the front of the cabin, opening the door inch by inch before finally squeezing through. despite not knowing what time it was, there was not another kalon in sight as she made her way out of the kamp, confirming her belief that it was some time in the early morning. when she got closer and closer to the forest, lilina could barely contain her excitement, throwing away all sense of danger as she began to quietly sing to herself, "wonderpets, wonderpets, we're on our way..."
hiyorin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me