The edge of the woods.... [Final Results Up!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: The edge of the woods.... [Prompt Two Open!]

Postby .paris. » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:59 pm

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: .paris.
Link to roll call post: here!
Link to previous form: here!
Word Count: 1,536 words

______

xxxxx“Are you kidding me?”
    xxxxxAkane, although she had tried to lay low at Kamp thus far, could not contain her outburst of disappointment when she saw the layout of the cabins. Row after row were lines of close, rickety, clearly unstable and completely unsleepable beds.
    xxxxxTo her surprise, nobody else seemed to be bothered by this arrangement. They streamed in the door, throwing down sleeping bags and setting up sheets, already moving in small packs, friend groups beginning to define themselves. How could they be okay with a set up like this? Akane thought, standing alone in the entrance of the cabin, looking so sullen that a raincloud nearly materialized directly over her head.
    xxxxxGrumbling, Akane grabbed a bed as close to the front as she could manage, hoping the sounds from the outside would be enough to drown out her fellow campers. Throwing her stuff down, she climbed up onto her bed, casually watching as the others settled in for their first night’s sleep.
    xxxxxShe wasn’t really here to make friends, and all this forced closeness wasn’t helping her. Her Sunflower t-shirt already felt uncomfortably familiar for her, and she feared all the required friendship building and teamwork exercises were going to end up distracting her from her true goal at Kamp: training.
    xxxxxThe kalon next to her smiled softly, perhaps looking to make a friend, but Akane wasn’t having it. The sun had already slipped below the horizon, and Akane, placing her pillow over her ears, tried her best to ignore the other campers and get some rest.

xxxxxA fierce screeching sound awoke Akane from her slumber.
    xxxxxShe sat straight up in her bed, clutching her sheets to her chest as she instinctively lunged for her bedside table, ready to fight for her life. However, as her eyes adjusted, she saw that no one else in the room seemed bothered at all. In fact, they were all still fast asleep.
    xxxxxBlinking, she glanced around, confused. How was no one else hearing this noise? It was ridiculously loud, at least to her, and seemed to slowly be getting closer.
    xxxxxA pit settled in her stomach as she carefully climbed out of bed. What if Kamp was in danger, and she was the only one who knew it?
    xxxxxResolved to her fate, she slipped her feet into her shoes, shrugging on a jacket before tip-toeing her way over to the door. The old wood hemmed and hawed underneath her weight, and she winced, hoping to get in and out without waking anyone else up. She didn’t want to be bothered, and, more importantly, she didn’t want to be caught.
    xxxxxShe was just about to open the old cabin door when a mumbled voice interrupted her. “What are you doing?”
    xxxxxAkane spun around, heart racing, praying to God it wasn’t a counselor. As her eyes adjusted, she realized it wasn’t a counselor at all, but another camper—he was small, gray, and clearly younger than her, and he was climbing out of a nearby bed, rubbing his eyes, clearly freshly awoken from his sleep. His blue eyes blinked up at her as she tried not to groan.
    xxxxx“Nothing, kid,” she whispered back. “It’s not a big deal. Just go back to bed.”
    xxxxxThe small kalon seemed to perk up at her deflection and narrowed his eyes at her. “But you’re breaking the rules. We aren’t supposed to leave the cabins at night without permission.”
    xxxxxAkane rolled her eyes. “And you aren’t supposed to be up as late as us. What are you doing in this cabin, anyway? I thought this was all girls.”
    xxxxx“My older sister is in this cabin,” he explained. “They decided she could keep an eye on me.”
    xxxxx“I see. Well, I’m sure she’d be worried if she woke up and saw you were away. You should go back to bed now.”
    xxxxx“But you never explained why you were leaving!” The small kalon crossed his arms, glaring at Akane. “If you don’t tell me what you’re doing, I’m going to go tell Cam.”
    xxxxxAkane gulped. The sporty counselor intimidated her, and she definitely didn’t want to draw attention to herself, especially on the first night. “Alright, alright, fine.” She sighed, before beckoning the kid closer. “I heard this really loud noise, alright? I’m sure it’s nothing, but I didn’t want to let it go unchecked. I’ll be back in just a few minutes, I shouldn’t be long.” She stood back up smugly, hoping this would be enough to scare him off. “There. Satisfied?”
    xxxxxHis eyes widened at the story, before he raced towards her, gripping his hand on the door. She snatched him away abruptly. “What are you doing?” she hissed.
    xxxxx“I have to help you! We have to—“
    xxxxx“Shhh!”
    xxxxxHe lowered his voice. “We have to make sure Kamp is safe.”
    xxxxxAkane sighed. “Look, kiddo, I get you’re excited and all, but this isn’t some super cool mission, okay? I’m just gonna go look around outside for a minute. Can you please go back to bed and forget about all this?”
    xxxxx“No! I have to help you! Kalons aren’t supposed to be alone, especially at night, and especially on missions to save Kamp. I’m coming with you.”
    xxxxxAkane thought she might strangle him. “Kid, look—this isn’t—I’m not—“ she sighed, before reluctantly opening the door. “You know what, fine. We get in trouble, it’s your fault.”
    xxxxxHis eyes lit up, and before she had a chance to second guess her decision, he rushed out the door into the night. Grumbling, Akane followed after him, regretting getting up at all.

xxxxxThe dewy ground crunched quietly beneath their feet as Akane listened carefully for the noise. It seemed to come in waves, but she hadn’t heard it in a few minutes. She hoped that was good, rather than bad.
    xxxxxIt could also just be drowned out entirely by her new companions blathering—he hadn’t stopped talking since he left the cabin. She knew all about him already—his name was Pip, he was 10 and a half years old, he loved bugs and nature and all sports except basketball, his favorite food was macaroni, and his sister made fun of him constantly. Akane found herself sourly thinking that she couldn’t blame her. Pip could be a real nuisance.
    xxxxxFinally, Akane snapped. “Look, Pip, can you be quiet for just a second? We’re supposed to be listening for something, remember?”
    xxxxxPip blushed, embarrassed, glancing down at his feet. “Oh, yeah. Right.”
    xxxxxAkane cocked her ears to the sky, listening for the unfamiliar screeching again. For a moment, everything was silent, but then, it ripped through the night again. “There it is!” She yelled, sprinting in the direction of the noise.
    xxxxxPip ran after her, his legs moving twice as fast to keep up. Despite the impromptu sprint, he had the biggest smile plastered on his face, excited to go on an adventure with his new friend.
    xxxxxAkane ran quickly, keenly tracking the sound through Kamp. It led her to the tree line. She stalked the edge of the woods, searching for the noise as it grew ever louder. Eventually, she reached the tree the noise came from.
    xxxxxShe grabbed it roughly, jumping around it to see what was lying behind it, ready to defend herself. To her surprise, the tree was hiding nothing.
    xxxxxShe frowned. “It’s right here,” she said, almost to herself. “But where is the thing making that noise?”
    xxxxxSuddenly, Pip’s face lit up, and he couldn’t hold back his astonishment. He began to laugh, the noise filling the hollow and bouncing off the trees.
    xxxxx“Shut up!” she hissed. “What’s so funny?”
    xxxxx“I didn’t realize you meant that noise, Akane, ‘else I never would’ve let you go!”
    xxxxx“You weren’t going to let me go, anyway,” she grumbled, interrupting him. He ignored her.
    xxxxx“You’re not from around here, are you, Akane?”
    xxxxxShe shuffled her feet, embarrassed. “No, I’m not.” Then, defensive. “What’s that got to do with anything?”
    xxxxxPip stifled a laugh. “Akane, that screeching noise is from a cicada. It’s a super cool bug, see?” He carefully moved aside some leaves to reveal a large bug on the side of the tree, screeching louder than she ever thought a bug could be. “They screech that loud to attract a mate, and to dispel birds.” She blinked, astonished, gazing closely at the small bug. Pip looked smug, happy that his knowledge was of use.
    xxxxx“A bug is making all this noise?”
    xxxxxPip nodded, pleased with himself. “Yep! See, aren’t you glad I came? Otherwise, you’d be out here all night panicking, not knowing it was all over some silly bug.”
    xxxxxAt first, Akane was defensive, but when she looked at Pip’s genuine wonder, she realized that he wasn’t half bad. He was clearly passionate about bugs, and happy to have found a friend. With a tiny smile, she called him back.
    xxxxx“Alright, well, come on. We ought to head back to the cabin before we’re missed. We don’t want Cam getting mad at us, after all.”
    xxxxxPip giggled, before skipping after Akane, heading back towards the cabin, leaving the screeching cicada, and the lonesome night, behind.
Last edited by .paris. on Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxsig art by bloodiath! <3

i'm not a person, i'm a chicken who escaped the slaughterhouse and stole a wig from party city and is just trying to get by

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
flameclan
my kals

.paris.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Soul~ » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:01 pm

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: ~Soul~
Link to roll call post:Boop
Link to previous form:Boop
Prompt response:

Sunni groaned and rolled over onto her shoulder and pulled up the covers around her neck. The light flutters and click that would occur on occation in a constant rhythm was like a clock that was to load at your grandmothers house...Flap flap flap...Click Click...Flap flap flap...Click click. A constant pattern that was getting annoying and on her last nerve. She sprung out of her little corner of the cabin and let out a load huffy as she blew her bangs out of her face, back with the wild locks that where falling out of her braid. She ran her paws through it and slightly pulled on it as she looked about it. Where was it...who was the one who brought this annoying noice. Like a Clock it didn't want to stop with the noice that kept of going with what seem to be no effort. She looked at the campers that where tucked snuggly in their bunks as if the noice was just in her head. She grunted in annoyance.

"I would be sound asleep if it wasn't for this...this thing" She said as she shook her head side to side as she talked to herself. She grabbed her hair in aggravation for a moment

As she walked by the bunks and the bags that where kept neatly under each one Sunni noticed the the noice never got loader. Why....Why?!? The noice had to be here smother in this cabin, there was no way if could be anywhere else. Now finding herself by the front door she scowled out into the darkness through the window and the stary night sky. The lights of the camp ground where dim and occasionally flickered. Though the sound kept on dragging she seems to find there, her curiosity was peeked. She looked back over her shoulder and rose a brow at the fact that no one was shaken by the noice...Like only one Kalon rolled over but thats becuase they snored and it slightly woke them.

Sunni put her hand on the door knob and slowly turned it as she attempted to sneak out. She didn't want to wake the counselor that was sound asleep and she didn't want to get in trouble for leaving after curfew. As she slowly open the door it made a horrid creaking noice that caused her to jump in her skin and shot a look over her shoulder. Everything was supper quiet and her heart sank... Then another snore came from the darkness and Sunni left out a soft sigh of relief and with that open the door just enough for her to slip out and close it behind her.

Once outside she eyes her environment and slowly moved away from the cabin and continued to hear the annoying noice that had woke her up. She frowned and scowled out into the darkness and scratched her head. This is what lead her to avoid the lights of the camp in fear of being caught and headed towards the forest.

( 502 / 150 )
𝕃 𝕠 𝕤 𝕥 ~ 𝕚 𝕟 ~ ℙ 𝕒 𝕣 𝕒 𝕕 𝕚 𝕤 𝕖
VOK ~ Healani Pride ~

𝔸𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕎𝕒𝕧𝕖
~Soul~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yuroshi » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:52 pm

b]Ooooh, spooky![/b]
Username: yuroshi
Link to roll call post: https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=119705741#p119705741
Link to previous form: https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=3858340&p=119727685&hilit=yuroshi#p119727685
Prompt response:

Sal blinked his eyes, a little confused. He was usually a pretty heavy sleeper, but... there was something. Groaning, he rolled out of bed, throwing on his dark clothes once more, and grabbing his bag. H was used to waking up at random times- just in case, when his friends called him.

This, though, was different. This is a test of courage, Sal thought to himself. If I don't even go out to see... I'd have already failed.
Grinning, he silently stalked out of the cabin- only to stop almost immediately after when he heard a whimper which he immediately recognized as a worried kit. Quickly, he moved around until he located her. He immediately recognized her as Yukiko- A young kit who was also on team sunflower. She had seemed much more worried in the beginning, and Sal knew now that it wasn't just nerves.

He made his way forward, and whispered- "Hey... you're Yukiko, right? I'm Sal. We're on the same team."
He paused for a moment, but didn't wait for her to reply, instead searching through his bag. "Hold on a second... here it it!" He smiled kindly, pulling out a flop-eared puppy plush, and handed it to her.
" Here- she'll help you if you're scared. It's very brave of you to even sign up for this test of courage.. but it is scary, huh? In fact, I'm pretty scared... would you mind coming with me?" Of course, Sal wasn't actually worried, but it had the desired effect. Little Yukiko was smiling now, and didn't seem quite as scared. She nodded, and looked up at Sal. Sal continued, reaching out to her in case she wanted to hold his hand.
" We have to be quiet now... we don't want to wake anyone else up. But, let's go see what the noise is! We'll be super brave."
He smiled at her again, and they set off, Sal making sure they were completely silent and unseen. After a while of walking through the dark, scary forest (with Sal pointing out cute little night-blooming flowers every once in a while, to helo Yukiko stay brave), Sal realized the noise was a voice. He tried to puzzle out the words...
"Evennnprosh. Seectret. Hoongerie. Foooooood."
OH

Sal giggled a little bit as he looked over the bush he was hiding behind. It was a Kamper. A very sleepy one, who looked like he was going to a party. And that last word? That was definitely "food."

He leaned over and whispered to Yukiko- "Looks like someone couldn't help themselves... and brought a small stash of food. Or a large one. How about we raid it?"
The two grinned at each other, and silently rooted around for the food. They found the stash quickly- Oreos, Doritos, and all the candy bars- everything.
Sal danced a silly little victory dance silently, causing Yukiko to giggle at him, before they raided the stash. They took what they wanted, put it in Sal's bag, and took off into the darkness once more. They decided to trail after the sleepy man, and head to whatever "party" he was going to- while keeping a distance, of course. They didn't want to be caught, in case they weren't supposed to be out, but they certainly weren't gong to risk missing what could be the next test. After all, what sort of test of courage occurs in the day?

The last thing Sal did as they left was turn to Yukiko one more time, while making sure to keep watch for the next "test." He high-fived her as she whispered one phrase.

"Sunflower Power"

Yukiko belongs to Nikolina, who I asked permission to use. In case the Role Call post for her is needed, its here

PM's are always open, no matter what.
Have a wonderful day~

Avatar done by the amazing QueenNyra!!
Yuroshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skywishes01 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:08 pm

Ooooh, spooky!
    Username: skywishes01
    Link to roll call post: here!
    Link to previous form: here!
    Prompt response: ft. Calliope and Devon

Calliope stared at the bunk above her. It was sudden. She couldn't remember why she'd woken up. She didn't know how long she'd been lying like this for. And she definitely couldn't figure out why she felt like she'd just downed three cups of double-shot coffee at once.

Then, our intrepid heroine hears a noise!

Cold tendrils unfurled across her body. She tried to tell herself it was just the temperature - she knew she should've brought a thicker blanket - and burrowed her face in her pillow. Maybe, if she just ignored it...

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

Yeah, nice try. There's definitely something out there and you can hear it.

She groaned into the pillow. There was no chance she'd be getting back to sleep. She knew the longer she lay here, listening to that thing shuffling over the steady beats of the clock, the worse her imagination would get. Honestly it was probably a wild deer or something. But there was always that small chance of it being something else- a bear, or someone with a knife, or a bear with a knife. You could never be totally sure you were safe. True, she was in her cabin, and the door was locked (she hoped), but she knew from sibling experiences that locks could not be trusted. And if a five-year-old could manage to force his way into your bedroom, well, who knew what a psychopath armed with a chainsaw could do? (She was sure she'd just heard a faint whirring in the distance).

Time to prepare for your adventure!

Throwing her sheets to the side, she swung herself upright and out of bed. There was a very high chance she'd go insane if she sat around and did nothing, so although it went against every horror movie she'd ever watched (everyone knew that going towards the creepy noise was a surefire way to get yourself kidnapped or stabbed or eaten), she knew she was going to have to face the wild outdoors. Her heart fluttered against her ribs like a trapped baby bird as she scrounged around in her luggage, as silently as possible. The rest of the cabin was still soundly asleep. And right now, she envied them so, so much.

You retrieve a weapon.

Well. She really hadn't packed for this sort of situation; the sharpest thing she could find was a flower-patterned umbrella. Hey, if all else failed she'd just throw it at the creature and run away.

Armour is always useful.

Going out in old leggings and an oversized t-shirt did feel a little vulnerable. Just a little. Plus, it was cold; so Calliope proceeded to don every jacket, scarf and beanie she'd stuffed in her bags. The end result looked more like a marshmallow than a brave and fearless explorer but you can't win 'em all, can you?

And a light to guide your way.

Ah, yes. The trusty flashlight... app. Hopefully her phone wouldn't run out of battery.

The weird rustling sound had (sadly) not stopped; in fact, she swore it was actually getting... louder. Or was that just the blood in her ears? Oh, how she hated her mind sometimes. But there was nothing left to do except-

"Hey, what are you doing?"

Calliope turned, halfway out the door, to see a pair of curious eyes most definitely awake, and most definitely watching her attempt to squeeze outside. She couldn't remember his name, but he'd seemed nice.

"Uh... going out?"

The boy smiled. "Yeah, I can see that! Maybe I should rephrase: why?"

"I heard... a noise." She responded lamely. He raised one eyebrow and she felt the need to explain. "And I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking about, y'know, murderers and bears and stuff and okay I'm pretty sure this is a terrible idea but-"

A laugh. Was he laughing? Yes, yes he was. Maybe she should've been offended, but his quiet chuckle was... infectious. So she found herself grinning sheepishly, instead.

"I think I get it." He dropped down from his bunk. "But I can't let you go alone, now, can I?"

"Oh, no, no, you don't have to- I mean, I'll be fine-" she stuttered, trying to ignore the warmth in her chest that had nothing to do with her seven layers of clothing.

He waved her protests away, grabbing a jacket and a torch as well. "I want to come." He smiled.

"Who would turn down such an adventure?"

[742 words.]
skywishes01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tigressa » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:47 pm

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: ȶigressa
Link to roll call post: 🍆
Link to previous form: 🍆
Prompt response:
Last edited by tigressa on Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
tigressa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby synastry » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:09 am

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: synastry;
Link to roll call post: xx
Link to previous form: xxx
Prompt response;;

Seki is totally confident there's nothing wrong going on. For all she knew, this could be a test run by the counselors to see who would chicken out first on the hike. Of course, she was a little wary, so Seki brought a headlamp. On the way out of the cabin, she found... a stick? It's better than nothing.

Opening the door, she imagined the Mission Impossible theme playing, like this was some sort of spy mission. Peeking out and looking to the left and right, and that noise starts up yet again. The more you try to single it out and listen to only that sound, the fainter it becomes... scrunching her face up in confusion, Seki slowly stepped out, holding up her very intimidating stick like a sword, prepared to strike out at whatever was out there. Or whoever. That creeped her out even more.

After a while of checking the area around the front of the cabin, Seki decided to check the bushes that were under the window of her bed inside the cabin. Although she would never admit it, she was scared right now. The sound was persistent, and she wasn't sure if she wanted to know the source anymore. It was a low sound, definitely some sort of animal. Taking the stick, she started poking the bush. Whether or not this was a good idea... who knows.

Then, suddenly, the stick was pulled from Seki's grip and into the push. Stumbling back in shock, Seki backed up, suddenly wondering what the heck was in that bush. The suddenly, a head poked out, and it turned out to be... a puppy? Not exactly your average puppy though... it was definitely a bit bigger, and it looked like all it wanted to do was play with someone. Now that Seki thought about it, everything made sense. The puppy was probably hungry or playing with some poor animal, and when it saw the stick move around, it snatched it expecting a tug of war game or something. Letting out a sigh of relief, Seki rolled her eyes. May it was a coyote pup that had strayed too far from the forest? Poor thing...

After looking around, Seki decided to pick the puppy up, stuffing it in her shirt so the head poked out of the top. She couldn't cut through the middle of camp without someone seeing her, so it was time to go around. She had a few scares here and there when the puppy would bark, whine, or howl when someone was walking by sleepily, but she was eventually able to make it to the edge of the forest. Seki knew that if anyone found out, she could possibly be kicked out of the hike; but she also didn't want this puppy getting trampled by happy-go-lucky Kampers once the sun rose. Stepping inside of the woods cautiously, she heard an all-too-close howl come from a bit deeper in, and the puppy perked it's ears. Sighing, she set him down and he ran off. Seki was just thankful nothing truly terrifying was hiding in that bush.

Word Count;; 519
𝑰𝑺 𝑳𝑰𝑲𝑬 𝑨 ━

𝑻𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑬❜𝑺 𝑳𝑶𝑻𝑺 𝑶𝑭 𝑷𝑹𝑰𝑪𝑲𝑺

xxxx
xxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
Hihi! Call me
Syn. Hit me up
with a trade!
xxxxxxxxxx
━━━━━━━ 𝑩𝑼𝑻 𝑰𝑻❜𝑺 𝑨𝑳𝑺𝑶
synastry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkywardtheDragon » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:12 am

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: Skywardthedragon
Link to roll call post: Here
Link to previous form: Here
Prompt response:
A screeching noise woke Pip from her sleep. Grumbling, she shifted around. It’s just an owl, just an owl... Her ears folded back, and she pressed her muzzle deeper into her pillow.
Around her, other Kampers started to wake up, yawning and groaning. Some, like Pip, stayed in their sleeping bags, while others stood up and scanned the cabin for the source of the noise.

“It’s a ghost! We’re all gonna die!”
“Don’t be silly, it’s just some wild animal.”
“Then it’s a bear! We’re still gonna die!”
“Bears growl, not scream.”
“I bet if you scared it, it would scream.”
“Why the heck would you want to scare a bear of all things?”

You know, if they just noticed all the noise they’re making keeps them up longer than just one silly bird...
Pip reached for her bag, and struggled around inside to find her earplugs. She pulled out a book, a few granola bars, and a cloak for cold nights, but her earplugs were nowhere to be found. Out of everything I could forget, it had to be those. She wrapped her cloak around her ears, and curled up underneath her blanket.
The Kamper’s voices had mostly become background noise by now, but one shout was loud enough to hit her ears:
“Let’s go outside and look for the noise!”

Seriously? Do they want to be killed? Pip planned in no way to go outside. The “Test of Courage” could face her tail.
Lights off!

ProtectImagePickles

SkywardtheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Spoopy Sunflower 🌻

Postby khvoxtic » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:42 am

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: planiteri
Link to roll call post: Boop
Link to previous form: 🌻
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Prompt Response:

Sitting up in the bunk, Skye looked around to the sleeping mass of sunflowers around him before back out the window, peering out into the darkness as he let his eyes adjust to the darkness. Crawling to the end of his bed, he grabbed for his bag, pulling out a silver torch before climbing down the ladder. Blue night shirt hanging loosely around the frame of his body as he walked out of the cabin and into the crisp night air.

Dew littering the blades of grass as he walked barefoot through the camp, using the silver torch to light his way. Scanning the path around him before up and down the buildings on the camp ground. Making his way slowly past the main office, he took note of the flag as it danced with the wind before falling flat as if being dragged downwards suddenly. Shaking his head, Skye continued on. Through the flower fields and past the archery, pausing briefly every few seconds to listen out for the noise. Whatever it was.

He had always been a logical thinker, and logically, the noise had to come from somewhere, so he'd follow it.

Standing in front of him, the edge of the Forbidden Forest loomed, the trees towering over him and grazing against the night sky. Creaking and groaning as the soft breeze returned once more, forcing it to move. The root system crawled ever closer, the space between Skye and the unknown disappearing slowly. The forest was alive. Logically speaking, Skye knew it couldn't be alive. But fear never listened to logic. Looking over his shoulder towards where the cabins had been, he swallowed... Probably should have brought someone with him.

Looking back at the forest, he took another step forward before being plunged into total darkness. Looking to the torch in his hand, Skye whined softly at it, shaking it and hoping that by some miracle it would start working once more. Clicking the on/off button a few times he watched as its pitifully flickered, buzzing between on and off, threatening at any moment for to stop working altogether.

With each flicker, Skye could feel eyes turning to watch him. They were everywhere and nowhere at the same time, always following but never getting close enough to do anything. Flicking his ears around he stood in front of the forest, listening out for the noise once more. Ignoring the nagging feeling of eyes, he focused. The noise once again calling out to him and sparking something even more dangerous than the origin of the weird noise.

Curiosity.

Curiosity strong enough to override his want to run. Override his natural instinct to turn away and survive. Taking another step into the forest, Skye's eyes flickered over the twisted trees as they spiralled up and up covering the sky above. Inhaling deeply, Skye looked to the torch in hand, testing its weight with a shrug, even if it did stop working... It would be heavy enough to stun something for a few seconds atleast.

Having made up his mind, he trekked onwards, he was going to figure out where that noise was coming from if it was the last thing he would do.
535 Words

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
[Emersyn ⯁]
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
they/them | adult
kals xdm me

███████████████████
Feel free to DM me here or on discord if you
need to get in contact with me for anything!

[@khvoxtic on Dis] always open for a chat!
khvoxtic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Test of Face a Few Tiny Spiders

Postby womp womp » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:36 am

Ooooh, spooky!
    Username: Diamond Sapphire
    Link to roll call post: aye
    Link to previous form: Suck It Up, Buttercup :'0c

Prompt response:

Faith stared anxiously outside, twitching at the soft gurgling sounds coming from outside her cabin. At times back at home, there'd be the occasional heavy blow of wind, or tapping of tree branches on windows but... this? It sounded like someone had woken up from a bad dream and was trying to walk around with a snake wrapped around their legs and a skunk tail hanging on their face -- but three times worse.

Or maybe Faith had eaten too much of her father's 'mystery soup' before she arrived here, and was just hallucinating. Those 'carrots' were brown and mushy, after all.

Though it was starting to scare Faith a bit; she could barely sleep. A bit odd as well, since Faith was usually tired and could fall asleep quite easily. But now? She was wide awake and alert. Pulling up her blanket, she squirmed in her bed, waiting for the noise to stop... if it ever even did.

Fiddling with the corner of her pillow, she glanced out the window once more, frowning. It could really just be a counselor that was up and forced to stand guard, but wasn't able to exactly open their eyes the whole time. Though it was coming from the forest -- surely someone couldn't have wandered off there.

Surely?

Wait... the forest! Faith squirmed at the thought. She had almost forgotten about the fact she signed herself up for the Test of Courage, or whatever in the world it was called. Trembling slightly, Faith tried slipping under her blanket, attempting to cover herself. She had a... few doubts about it when she signed up. But now?

She was venturing out to investigate, of course!

It'd be nice, able to see what was out in the forest before she started her... odd test or whatever. Besides, if something happens to her, she can just blame it on the counselors, though maybe not. She wasn't that cheeky. Possibly just a few fierce remarks or two, and she'd be good. Faith grinned slightly, and quietly climbed out of her bed.

Slipping on her shoes, she creeped out towards the cabin door. She opened it slowly, and a high pitched squeak came from the door. Faith winced, but stepped outside.

Sighing, she murmured softly. "Test of Courage? More like Test of Face a Few Tiny Spiders... right?"

[388 words]
womp womp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lepid » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:58 am

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: DoubleInfiniti
Link to roll call post: Here
Link to previous form: Here
Prompt response:

Anabiel awoke from having a very good dream. She had been dreaming about being back home with her family and being able to sleep in her normal bed. She looked very tired and irritated as soon as she sat up and it took her a few moments to realize that it felt like something was watching her. Anabiel looked around the cabin only to see that everyone was still asleep. She narrowed her eyes as she wondered if this was an awful prank that the kids or even a counselor was pulling on her for whatever reason. Anabiel shook her head and laid back down as she tried to sleep, but she kept getting chills and became paranoid about something watching her. She finally crawled out of the bed and quietly walked around the cabin as she began to examine every Kamper. She even studied each face carefully, for she didn’t trust that these kids wouldn’t have tried to put a spider in her hair or something. When she finally determined that nobody in the cabin would have tried to prank her, she decided to take matters into her own hands.

Anabiel found her backpack and slipped it on as she stole another Kamper’s flashlight and crept outside the cabin. Her eyes blinked as they adjusted to the dark forest. She felt a chill go down her spine but determined now to catch what has woken her up from her beauty sleep, she turned the flashlight on and frowned as she slowly began to look around the site. It gave her an eerie feeling to see that the Kamp was abandoned. It was as if the place was haunted. She shook her head away from those terrible thoughts. Anabiel heard a snap in the forest though and without much thought, she bolted into the forest and chased after whatever had made the noise.

She caught a glimpse of what looked like... a small red hat? She looked confused and jumped on the thing and felt it break underneath her. Scared and confused, she rolled off and saw... A gnome? Surly this wasn’t the thing that she had been chasing? Anabiel looked frustrated before letting out a yawn and gave up. The eerie feeling had gone away and as she made her way back to the cabin, tiredness had taken over and she fell asleep in the middle of the forest floor.

Lepid - She/her & They/them - INFJ - Adult

Mainly here to lurk and adopt pets.

Credits: Wolfboy (th), palelibrarian (dA)
Lepid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me