The edge of the woods.... [Final Results Up!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: The edge of the woods.... [Prompt Two Open!]

Postby wishbone! » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:13 am

Ooooh, spooky!
      Username: plantfood
      Link to roll call post: blomp
      Link to previous form: what a creep
      Prompt response:
    Spyro's eyes blinked disconnectedly as to initiate the wake-up process. It was some ungodly hour of the wee morning, nobody should expect them to have their eyelids coordinated just yet. Uncurling from a giant hairy green ball (these bunks were definitely not accommodating), Spyro propped themself up on the lower set of arms, using the other pair to scrub the tiredness off of their face.They cut their glowing yawn off as to not disturb the other kampers. 'They need their rest. Growing bones, and all that,' Spyro rationalized. They sat silently on the bed for a few moments, letting the world continue to come into focus.

It was then that they heard it.

Something faint, deep in the forest maybe? It sounded like someone was... shrieking! They flicked their ears and shot up from the blankets, hitting their horns on the bunk above them. "Ow..." they hissed and rubbed their horn while steadying their still-groggy body with the other 3 hands. Spyro quickly tiptoed to the door and hopped off the tiny cabin porch. Their ears were twisting every which way to discern where the scream had come from.

They couldn't pick anything up other than the vague rustlings of the nighttime. General woodland creature stuff. A few frogs continued to croak periodically under the moon's kind consideration. Nobody else seemed to be up except the last few counselors relaxing by the bonfire. They didn't seem to hear any screaming children; everything was probably fine. Spyro was puzzled, but they weren't about to go scavenge the woods for a potential shadow creature trying to snack on some kids. Maybe tomorrow.

Opening the cabin door, Spyro yawned again and plopped back into their teeny tiny bed and curled up underneath their hair again. They felt too relaxed to bother with organizing the equally miniature blankets over their gangly body. In just a few minutes, they'd be back to dreaming about foreign worlds and their home up in the woodland mire... Ah, home sweet home. Oh, right, home. Shiga was still there waiting for Spyro to be done with their fun. She hadn't wanted to come to camp so she was just kinda hanging out watching tv and playing video games for a while. She was probably worried sick.

The scream rang out again; this time, it sounded as if it had come straight from outside the cabin. The sense of melancholy was instantly broken and replaced with adrenaline. Spyro's freaky little heart raced and their eyes shot in unison towards the door. Of course, there was nothing. They were left in silence again, aside from the mumbles of sleep-talking and light snoring. Spyro had experienced much more terrifying things but enclosing shrieking was never a good sign.

They sat up slowly and looked around; none of the other kampers had awoken. Ugh, were they having demonic hallucinations again? That guy got exorcised like a century ago! Spyro thought they had gotten the eldritch frequencies out of their head by now, too. How dreadful. They flopped back down with their arms wrapped around themself, thinking about how long and hard they'd worked to adjust to this dimension. It wasn't fair! Suddenly, they gasped and held their face. 'Oh my god, am I going to die soon? Is the Ether calling out to me?'

The scream whizzed right past their head and Spyro felt their heart sink. 'Lovely. All these children are gonna find my dead body and I'm not even going to get to say goodbye to my wife.' In a moment of focus, Spyro tried to meld minds with their partner before their impending doom finally caught up to them. 'Shiga, darling, if you can hear me...'

Suddenly, an itch sprung up on the tip of their ear, triggering and automatic swatting response. Spyro was caught off-guard and slowly looked at their glowing hand. Squinting, they focused on the mosquito smeared across their palm. "You have got to be kidding me," they growled.

Spyro whipped the sheets up to their head and tried to wrap themself in a bug-proof blanket burrito as best they could. They honed back in on thinking of Shiga and tried their best to relay, 'False alarm, goodnight sweetheart,' before snuggling into themself once more. Thank goodness none of these kids were telepathic. Or awake at all, really. How embarrassing.
Last edited by wishbone! on Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
asterisk*; nicknames encouraged
adult
they/them
wishbone!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ᴇʟʟɪᴏᴛ » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:26 am

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: OOFER
Link to roll call post: X
Link to previous form:X
Prompt response: Pip shook under her blankets. She was already terrified to go INTO the forest, but the thing in the forest was coming right towards her and the other kampers. She took her pillow and put it over her head, it was no use, she could still hear the noise. She sighed. She quietly got out of bed, trying not to wake any campers. She crawled on the floor, scrambling to find a flashlight. Her hand touched the cold flashlight, she flinched when she touched it. She got up and walked towards the door, the floor creaking under her. She touched her hand to the cabin door, having second thoughts. 'What would Beni and Iphis do if they caught me?' she took her hand off the door, 'Maybe it isn't such a good idea...'. She looked back at the kampers, each on sound asleep. She slightly opened the door, it makes a giant creak. She quickly looked back at the kampers if to see if she had woken them up, nope, all sound asleep. She fully pushed open the door, tensing up as the creak became louder the farther she pushed it. She finally made it ouside, relaxing when she didn't wake anyone up. The floor crunched and snapped under her. She reached the edge of the forest, she turned on her flashlight. The light shook, Pip's whole body was shaking. She gulped and continued into the forest, moving her flashlight once in a while.

245 words

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx"Oh hi! Thanks for visiting me while back"
xxx◂─────────🍕─────────▸
xxxxxanona ◦ he/she ◦ aroace lesbian
xxxxmlp ◦ madcom ◦ touhou ◦ cookie run
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ᴇʟʟɪᴏᴛ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Starshimmer* » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:53 am

Ooooh, spooky!
      Username: *Starshimmer*
      Link to roll call post: Boop!
      Link to previous form: Beep!
      Prompt response:

Dahlia awoke with a start, trying to catch her breath. She looked around at her bunkmates who were still sleeping peacefully and exhaled in relief. "Nothing to be afraid of," she told herself and snuggled back under the covers. Her eyes flew open at the soft tapping noise coming from outside the cabin. Sitting up, she looked around the room again, nothing was out of the ordinary. The tapping noise came again and she held her breath as she crept towards the window. Gazing at the still kamp outside, she exhaled and tried to calm her growing nerves. Dahlia gently shook her paws in an attempt to ease her anxiety. The tapping resumed and was creeping around the side of the cabin now. Dahlia took a deep breath and walked towards the door, pulling it open and stepping outside. "Nothing's here," she murmured softly to herself. The tapping grew louder, and Dahlia started gently padding towards the source. Whipping her head around the corner, her eyes widened in surprise. There was nothing there. Scratching her head, Dahlia walked back to bed and curled up the blankets. Was her mind playing tricks on her again?
.: TH .:. Caard .:. FR .:. PFQ .:. Goatlings :.

moderator/banker for kalons, slowly coming back from sick leave
currently lurking when i have the energy, replies will not be timely

*Starshimmer*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 76heart » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:11 am

Ooooh, spooky!
username: 76heart
link to roll call post: boop
link to previous form: here
word count: 1130
meriam lacks what most would call, a well, healthy sense of fear, and has too much innocence as a kit, which she is in this

xxxInhaling sleepily, she sat up in her bed, giving herself a moment for the sleep to fade from her eyes before she jumped up from the sheets, her ears ringing with an indescribable sound. She had no idea what time it was, other than it was still dark and no one else was awake, but she couldn't bring herself to care much. Her clock always seemed to be different from everyone else's, what with all the moments she spent captivated by something, her world freezing and becoming just that thing, so why should she care now? There was a noise keeping her up, one she couldn't ignore, and even though she had to strain her ears to hear it now to the point of them aching, she knew it was still there, and something nagging deep inside her, something whispering fondly in her ear with a crooked smile, was telling her to go and investigate it, telling her to find out what it was, and she listened, eager to find out, with an excitement creeping into her veins.
    xxxAs she stood, gathering her bearings in a darkness that seemed to suck in the light, she briefly wondered if the sound should be instilling her with the sense of wonder and curiosity that it did, before quickly brushing it aside. What else could it be other than something nice? They wouldn't build a camp somewhere, and continuing running it near a place that was dangerous, so what harm would it be to go and look? Maybe it was just some cute bunny, or a fox, or some secret party being thrown in the woods. She really hoped that it was a cute little creature, or something happy and fun. What cute little creature could make that noise though? Maybe it was a party, off in the distance or something. It sounded vaguely like some shrieking, maybe with some baritones of a base, so perhaps that was it? Kalons sometimes threw parties in her home neighborhood, and it sounded kinda like that, so maybe that was what this was? If it was a party, or a celebration or gathering of sorts, would they let her in? Maybe she'd get to make some secret friends, join in some secret fun! Were they cool older kits perhaps? Maybe the counselors were out for some fun? She had found Beni and Iphis out near the forest on there own before she learned about the sign ups, so she knew they were able to get away to have fun if they wished, so perhaps that was what it was? Now she started to hope that was what it was too, the counselors all seemed pretty fun, or at least interesting, since she hadn't been lucky enough to meet them all yet.

xxxFumbling hurriedly through her bag, which she had placed at the end of her bed, she searched for the flashlight her mother had insisted on her packing, the one she had covered in little butterfly stickers. Her brows knitted in frustration, before being pushed out of the way with a wide smile, she had found it. Ah-ha! Meriam then leapt to her feet, and rushed to the cabins door, before remembering with a blush that she wasn't alone, and waking the other kampers was a very real possibility if she ran loudly like a pack of dogs, and slowed, itching to move faster and discover what that sound was.
    xxxAs soon as she reached the door, she unlocked it and went out, carefully closing the door behind her, and then took off toward the woods, her bare feet hitting the ground as she ran.

xxxWhen she made it to the woods, she finally slowed, completely unaware of the heaving breaths that escaped her, and the slight ache of her paws. All she could feel was an overwhelming excitement, and the vibrations of the sound that were now a whole lot louder. What wonderful thing was she going to find? It didn't even cross her mind that it could be something dangerous, or creepy, or unpleasant as she flicked on the flashlight, and slipped into the forest between the trees.
    xxxIt was a whole lot darker in the forest than she had imagined. Moonlight just barely seeped through the leaves of the looming trees, with heavy boughs blocking what did manage to sneak through. There was an eerie glow of bluish green surrounding her, and a sort of mist that crept through the bottom of the trees, crawling to her ankles, and swirling around her steps, dispersing and then reuniting around them. A butterfly just like the one she had seen when she signed up flew past her, and she decided to follow it, stepping after it carefully so she wouldn't prick herself with a fallen thorn or hurt herself on the other things that made their home on the forest floor. It lead her deep into the forest's gloom, the eyes on it's wings lighting the way with a mysterious glow, along with her quickly fading flashlight. She continued to step with care, though now her steps were more hurried as the sound became louder, almost deafening as it thrummed wildly in her ears, her excitement drowning out the pain in her ears. Meriam then stepped on something sharp, and when she looked down, she noticed that she had stepped on the end of a broken stick, and as she peered at it through the mist, she noticed there were lots more broken twigs scattered about, and a large, and very shattered branch. Maybe the party got really rowdy? Or there was a nice bear that needed to scratch an itch? When she looked up again, she noticed that the branches above were shattered too, broken off and fallen somewhere beneath the mist. A very large nice bear maybe? She swallowed, a wariness creeping in, and turned her head to look for the butterfly, but it had gone, it was nowhere to be seen. She bit her lip, and then gasped when suddenly her flashlight flickered out and she was bathed in a suffocating darkness. Panic began to fill her. How was she supposed to get back? She was lost? Where on earth was she? Why oh why hadn't she though to mark her path somehow? How was she going to find her home in the dark now?
    xxxJust then, as her panicked thoughts began to reach their peak, her flashlight flickered back on, and she found herself back at the forest. Confusion filled her as she spun around, wondering how she got here since she knew she hadn't moved an inch. Suddenly though, she saw something, with large glowing eyes watching her, before it vanished into thin air, and the sound went with it.
76heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NaCl » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:45 am

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: NaCl
Link to roll call post: here
Link to previous form: here
Prompt response:
My Storkies
Storkverse Storage
My Wermz My Snoods

my name is Winter
My pronouns are She/They/Snow
I am currently a staff member for Storkies
feel free to contact me here or on discord with any questions
NaCl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meridiem » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:08 am

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: Meridiem
Link to roll call post: Here
Link to previous form: Here

-----

wip
------------------------------------------
Meridiem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cape.Corvid » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:55 am

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: Cape.Corvid
Link to roll call post: X
Link to previous form: X
Prompt response:

Pip's heart beat fast as he studied the dark cabin. It seemed the noise hadn't stirred anyone else yet, everyone's eyes were still shut, drool pouring out of some of their mouths. He sniffled and stretched, then laid back down and tried to go back to sleep. The problem was, he couldn't get that damn sound out of his mind. It was... terrifying. He thought he saw a shadow creep across the window beside his bunk. A chill swept through him. He couldn't ignore this any longer. Pip hopped up from his bed and put on his slippers, which did very little to revive his frozen toes. He peered through the curtains and shifted his eyes suspiciously, but saw nothing out of the ordinary. He gulped and stepped away from the window, but as soon as he turned his back on it the fur on his back stood on end. Zzzziip went the zipper on Pip's bag. He extracted a flashlight and flicked it on. The light landed on another camper's eyes, who contracted their face and grumbled, but eased back into sleep. Pip exhaled quickly and stood up on tired feet and headed for the door, clutching his flashlight. He turned the door nob. The door opened with a creeeaak and cold air flushed like a wave into the cabin. Pip gulped and made a split decision to turn sharply left. In a split second, he heard that morbid noise once more, and his flashlight illuminated another pair of eyes, this time wide and staring. Pip's scream in the dead of the night could be heard across the entire camp.
Cape.Corvid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby black water » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:02 pm

Ooooh, spooky!
    Username: •ιnιgo•
    Link to roll call post: xx
    Link to previous form: xxx
    Prompt response:

aspen instantly knew something seemed wrong when she woke up in the middle of the night. she never woke up from her sleep. and i mean never. she couldn't help but yawn as she glanced around to see if any of the other campers were awake. nope. okay, whatever, it's probably nothing, aspen thought, trying to reassure herself.

aspen wondered if she should go out and see if something was outside, or if she should stay in the comfort of her covers. she started thinking of the possibilities.

if i go out, i could possibly discover something new and maybe save the others from harm? but no, no, nothing would be out there. i would be able to hear it again, right? aspen thought.

aspen huffed. but i think maybe i should stay here. because if i went out and something was out there, i could anger it. and i could possibly get myself and others hurt because i was the one who decided to go and disturb it. so maybe that is the best idea. okay, that's what i'll do. i'll sit here and do nothing. unless things get back, of course i'll go investigate.

aspen nodded to herself at the idea. she would hide underneath her blankets the rest of the night unless she heard something else outside.

aspen tried closing her eyes and going back to sleep. for some reason, she couldn't shake the thought that something bad was bound to happen...
x
x
x
x

baz, he/him || kals
ESFP
// sirbazicus ☄️🦋🌊
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
so stay with me
hold my hand
there's no need
to be brave

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
sig @ pawschamp
icon @ fūi

black water

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Werecat » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:32 pm

Ooooh, spooky!
Username:
.ss.
Link to roll call post:
here
Link to previous form:
here
Prompt response:
Aamon woke up with a start. Something was watching him. He had to check it out. Who would he be if he let something stare at him. He definitely wouldnt be aamon, master theif, the teen who started his own crime empire. He quickly threw on some shoes, armed himself with a simple pocket knife and walked out towards the forest before pausing. He couldn’t just go out there by himself. What good was an empire without an emperor? He thought for a moment, who would blindly follow him without question? His ear twitched as he heard another kalon run back to the dorms. He reconized that voice, or better said those whimpers. Lucas. He turned and watched as lucad ran into the nightshades dorms. He was dumb, but brave. If needed he could talk him into going into the forest to explore. He opened up the door, as quiet as possible and slinked down the hallway. He recalled lucas telling him to hang out in his room and then telling him the room number. He moved down, before gently turning the knob. He watched for a good few minutes as lucas whimper underneath the covers and rolled his eyes. He clicked on the lights and put his paw over the boys mouth. If he screamed they would be caught and Aamon wouldnt be able to teach that thing a lesson. He removed his paw as he saw lucas calming down and before the boy could speak startes talking. “Come with me outside, I want to investigate and remove this thing that was staring me down” he said almost completely monotone. He watched as lucas stuttered and stumbled over his words“I-I was just out there and it was super scary and I don’t think I can go out there again.” He rolled his eyes, grabbed him by the paw and startes to drag him out of the room. Flipping off the light switch he began talking again “I know. I saw you run back inside. But trust me two is better then one and” he grabbed and flipped his pocket knife open “i have this in case we need it” that silenced the boy and he grabbed his wrist againa nd made his way out of the dorm and into the forest. The sound of shuffling and ood gurgles and calls became louder as they treked through the brush. He look at the ground for any hints to tell him what or who it was and where they were. Lucas shouted and grabbed Aamons shoulder successfully pulling him out of his thoughts to point out a figure. Tall in stature standing in front of him. His eyes not yet used to the dark couldnt make out many chararistics of this creature as it turned and ran away. Aamon swore and turned to lucas angerly before sighing and making his way out of the forest
(486 words ;v;)

"Come again Needle Noggin?"

xxxxxxxxWerecat/Karkat
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxit/its
xxxxxxxxxxxxWerewolf
xxxxxxxxxxxFui, Imp, VJ

xxxxxxReally only here to sketch
xxxxxN sell ocs I dont use anymore.

xxxxxxxCharacters UFT
Werecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breado » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:58 pm

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: Breado
Link to roll call post: beep
Link to previous form: boop
Prompt response:

...and with that, he stepped out into the night to investigate
the source of the sound that woke him up.
Image ~ Image Image Image Image ~ Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me