Katkins Fanclub

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Should the adoption limit be changed?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:31 am

No, it's perfect how it is!
No votes
Yes, increase it to allow 3 katkins per user!
43%
Yes, increase it to allow more than 3 katkins per user!
21%
No, but create more opportunities for users to win extra slots!
36%

Total votes : 14

Re: Katkins Fanclub

Postby Shadowflight13 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:42 pm

@LadyChinaAru I love that Ru-Ru!! I feel like he definitely fits your Katkin haha. Eyebrows on point! xD

Meanwhile I have no life so I drew Rain again.
only here to post art and run. best way to reach me is discord (Shadowflight13#6850)

I take art commissions for USD. message me on discord if interested! <3

join me playing dappervolk :3c
Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Royal Mirage » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:06 am

@Shadowflight - I love that piece of Rain! She looks so sweet under that starry backdrop :)

And a question for you all - does anyone use firealpaca? I just started playing around in it so I could make gifs (SAI isn't so great for that) but when I upload the layers it tends to come out kinda choppy :/ Any advice for making the frames flow more smoothly?

I've been a little overwhelmed with an art project recently, so I took a break to animate Olive being her happy peppy self. But now I'm annoyed at how choppy it looks. Also decided to give her a matching tail bow and bell, I'll have to update her reference soon
Deviantart, Flight Rising, Divided We Stand, WME Challenge
I'm not the babysitter...
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firewolf56 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:24 am

@The Royal Mirage - I use firealpaca, though I didn't even know you could directly make gifs from it; I always make each frame separate and export them to gimp2.8 and gif em from there. My only suggestion would be to add a transition frame between each of the three you've got going now and maybe fiddle with the ms time each of the frames are showing. Idk if that'll make sense or if it's kinda gibberish without visual aids, so PM me if you'd like some progress pics or somethin'. I think you'll get what I'm sayin' tho.

@Shadowflight13 - :O I love that background, and Rain is so cuuuuute! Out way past her bedtime though! :P

In other news, I've just won my second katkin! Everyone say hi to Flora Maras!

Flora is my new lil tattoo artist, and I'm hoping that once she's out of training, she may come into business for y'all if your superstitious katkins want any charms decorating their fur! Of course, if Meveh and the katkin artists think that might be okay? <:3c
I'm probably going to get a hair tonic for her soon, y'all can try to talk with her if you'd like, but...do so at your own risk. xD
Last edited by Firewolf56 on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

I need more sleep...
Firewolf56

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Royal Mirage » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:35 am

@Firewolf - I actually figured out what was wrong (I was being dumb and thought 2 different images would be enough for a smooth animation, flash has spoiled me lol) so I've been practicing walk cycles and stuff since this morning to get the hang of it. Not gonna edit Olive's animation though, since I had to merge her movements, shadow, and background into each frame, but it's a good thing to keep in mind for my next one :) To animate in firealpaca, click 'onion skin mode' under the view tab, which will make each layer like animation paper, then when you're done click 'export layers (onion skin mode)' under the file tab. It'll give you the option to upload it as a gif using their website, but it'll also save every layer as it's own frame in whatever folder you choose to use. So if you're making a big gif, it'll take up a lot of room.

Also, I volunteer Olive as tribute a friend for Flora. She's already befriended one grump, another shouldn't be too difficult :)
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadowflight13 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:13 pm

@The Royal Mirage Thank you! That animation tho ahh. I wish I could animate things, but I don't have the patience haha. I love how cute and happy Olive looks though!! And her little bells are too cute. xD I feel like she could be friends with Rain, they're both so upbeat and innocent. Olive seems to be a bit more outgoing and "out there", though. Rain would never jump on katkins like Cyril lol. She'd be too afraid of getting yelled at. xD

@Firewolf56 Congrats on your new Katkin! I love the fact that she's a fur tattoo artist, that's such a unique career choice. Rain probably isn't the type to get her fur tattooed, but perhaps a future katkin?
only here to post art and run. best way to reach me is discord (Shadowflight13#6850)

I take art commissions for USD. message me on discord if interested! <3

join me playing dappervolk :3c
Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby meveh » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:00 pm

Hey everybody,

I want to thank you all for keeping Katkins' embers warm while I'm finding my bearings in real life! I am in a transitional period right now and that makes it hard to find time for online stuff. I have so many things planned for katkins, it's just a matter of finding time to sit down and flesh everything out. My to-do list for them is pretty long, hehe...

But I wanted to sincerely thank you all for being so understanding, patient and supportive. You guys rock. I will make it up to you soon enough ^u^

I figured I should just give you all an update of where I'm at right now. I haven't abandoned you all, I promise <3

[ meh·vay ]
I used to be PuddingWaffles

| toyhou.se | dA | katkins | ooo |
| one eighty | arcadia |

Interested in commissioning me?
Hit me up on dA,
as I don't do commissions for CS currency ♡
meveh
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Royal Mirage » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:39 am

@Shadowflight - I'd love if Rain and Olive could be friends! She's super social so I'm always open to giving her some more personal relationships to work on. She'd probably love going to Rain's concerts to listen to some nice music ^^ And never fear, Olive knows Cyril well enough to warrant giving him surprise attack hugs with minimal yelling afterwards :3

@meveh - Thanks for the update, real life happens and you've gotta deal with that stuff first <3 We'll still be here when you're ready for more regular activities, so don't worry about it
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firewolf56 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:42 am

@meveh I'll be six feet under when I let Katkins fizzle out. I love these guys to pieces! <3 I just got on a short break from college, so I know how transitional phases go. If you need anything, I'm sure more than a few of us are here for you! Thanks for the update, I hope you're doing well! Here's a 'Good luck with 2017' to all of you!

I need more sleep...
Firewolf56

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Royal Mirage » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:00 pm

Got another adopt out for you guys, hope you like them ^^
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Creative » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:25 pm

I'm so so so excited!!! I won the gorgeous katkin Royal Mirage put up and I'm SO EXCITED!!!!

Everyone meet Lunaria!!

Lunaria is going on the arts career path, and she expresses her artistic talent with flowers, be it in small arrangements of bouquets made for certain occasions or large sculptures that she fashions out of wire before interlacing flowers and leaves into the outline. In front of her house isn't so much of a yard as it is an entire garden that she spends many months methodically planting specific seeds in specific places so that when they grow and bloom, a colorful, flowery portrait is created.
She knows flower language and what each flower means and will actively avoid certain flowers depending on the occasion she is making it for or if it's a personal piece, the feeling or message she is trying to convey.
She's very superstitious (not just with plants), and when she is feeling creatively drained, she will often travel out alone so she can watch the stars in the sky and let her mind wander. She fully believes that space is an entity that can provide inspiration and motivation to those who need it.

I'm so excited to start drawing her!!! :D
I might've picked Goods as her path, but she's less just selling flowers as she is using flowers as a medium for her art, so I stuck with art, if that explanation makes sense?
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
-------------------------------------------------
ImageImage
--------------------------
If you like this little Fennec
Fawn, click on her and enter
for your own! You might
find one as cute as her!

Hi, I'm Creative! I've been on this site for a while, so my trade groups are pretty large, send me a trade! I'll trade for pets on my wishlist, but C$ is preferred so check out my sales groups!

Working on commissions. <3
2.5/5 done!

Check out my brand new species!!

Creative

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me