The edge of the woods.... [Final Results Up!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: The edge of the woods.... [OPEN!]

Postby ThatPinkThing » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:11 am

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: ThatPinkThing
Link to roll call post: oOo
Link to previous form: Sign-up Time!
Prompt response: 286 words

Penny's paws shook as she reached to snatch up her emergency whistle. In her haste, she grabbed the wrong item, instead pulling out her flashlight and blowing uselessly into the end of it. She realized rather quickly that this was not her whistle. Penny pulled the flashlight away, holding it in the light of the moon that filtered in through the window. Flashlight, not whistle... Silly. Penny almost went to put the object away, but a thought struck her as she leaned over her bed. What was that activity called...? The Test of Courage? Penny's expression turned to one of deep thought. A test...

This little fright could be, and was likely, a test. The beginning of the event she had so foolishly signed up for. Penny frowned. It was a bit rude to startle her awake just for a hike, but... this was perhaps something she agreed to. And if it wasn't the hike, it was probably, like... a bird. Sure. Probably. Penny bit her lip, grabbed her bag, and shoved her feet into her sandals. If it was a bird, it would be no problem, and if it was a test, she would pass. Hopefully.

Hopefully charging blindly into the fray means passing to Beni and Iphis.

Penny slipped quietly from her bed, wandered across the cabin, and opened the door. It creaked eerily as she pulled it wide enough for her tiny form to slip through, and she watched her roommates through the screen to make sure she wasn't disturbing them. When she was sure they were still soundly asleep, she let the door close, and turned on her flashlight.

With a deep breath, she headed towards the noise that had awoken her.
x
x
x
x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

you can call me Kels or Pink - she/her - adult

my kalons
🏡 toyhou.se🏡
✏️ commissions✏️

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The edge of the woods.... [Prompt Two Open!]

Postby Silver Pandorica » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:24 am

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: Silver Pandorica
Link to roll call post: x
Link to previous form: x
Prompt response: "Wha...what?" Harper suddenly sat bolt upright, hitting her head on the bunk above her. Cursing under her breath, she wiped the drool from her mouth (there was a small puddle of it on her pillow) and rubbed her head. Stupid bunk beds. This is why she'd wanted to sleep on top.

Glancing around, she frowned. Harper could have sworn she'd heard something, but not a soul was stirring inside the cabin. She swung her legs over the edge of the bed and stood up. Someone had woke her, and she was determined to find the culprit. As she walked around the dark room, she had to squint at each bed to see. Nothing. Well, despite the fact that she was wide awake now, Harper decided to go back to bed. If she didn't get a certain amount of sleep each night, she would be a huge crank the next day. Even crankier than normal, that is.

Just as she slipped onto the springy mattress, there was a scratching sound. Very light, yet impossible to miss. There was no way that sound was a trick of the mind. Careful not to hit her head this time, Harper followed the noise. Stepping carefully, quietly. One paw after the other. At one point, she stepped in something sticky near one of the kamper's beds. Probably best not to know what it was...

The sound was coming from the window near the door to the cabin. Harper's eyes became so big they nearly popped out of her head. The source of the scratching was a long, singular claw. She would have shrieked, but nothing came out of her open mouth. It was as if her throat had constricted and dried up, stopping any noise from coming through. Stumbling backwards, Harper dove into her bed and threw the covers over her body, curling up in the fetal position. Part of her desperately wanted to wake the others, but if they saw her freaking out like a wimpy baby, she'd never live it down.

It had to be a trick, someone from another cabin, maybe. Nothing had claws that long. No land creatures did, anyway. Not that she knew. Still, the irrational fears penetrated her brain and Harper stayed there, shivering, until eventually she fell asleep.

[380 words]
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

prompt 2

Postby zakuro. » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:36 am

Last edited by zakuro. on Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
zakuro.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cocogerber13 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:08 am

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: cocogerber13
Link to roll call post: xx
Link to previous form: xx
Prompt response:

He’s going cryptic hunting bc he’s stupid fearless aisjndyahwhqh
╔══════════════════════════════════╗
☾ Hello! I'm Cocogerber13, °˖✧

but feel free to call me Coco.
toyhouse|IG|art gallery|
DA|FR|art fight|Character shop
♢I write, draw, and rp!♢

Current interests: Fionna & Cake/Adventure Time, Genshin Impact, HSR, Baldur’s Gate 3, botw, fe3h, Ev.e, MILGRAM, ORV & Twisted Wonderland

Image Image Image

╚══════════════════════════════════╝
cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ufos » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:37 am

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: ufos
Link to roll call post: here!
Link to previous form: here!
Prompt response:

ft whizzer's michael. they're gonna go investigate.
    translate your love into action
    mac or joel he/him adult

great cs artist @pyjamac
ufos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kiaa » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:48 am

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: Kiaa
Link to roll call post:Roll Call
Link to previous form:Previous Post
Prompt response:

What was that??! Pip woke up in a cold sweat. Straining their ears they tried hard to listen for the weird noise that woke them... It was still dark outside. Pip looked out the window, trying to see if he could tell what had caused the noise... The more they looked the harder it became to focus on what the object was. Is that a bush?... or is that wolf crouching down, stalking the cabin... hungry for kalons like me?!

Pip wanted nothing more than to crawl under the covers and hide until the morning came, but as he looked around the cabin and saw all his friends still peacefully asleep, Pip gathered up the remaining shreds of his courage and packed a small backpack of gear. Flashlight in hand they walked to the door. Pip almost thought about waking their fellow campers up to investigate with them... but they didn't want anyone to see them get scared... With a shaky breath, Pip opened the door and started on his way.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Perpetual Night Owl
Hello! I'm Kiaa,
I've got a deep facination
for myths, lore, bones,
genetics, art, and owls.

My Kalons
Pixel Credit

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Kiaa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyar » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:41 am

Ooooh, spooky!
    Username: Kyar
    Link to roll call post: [here]
    Link to previous form: [fake nails]
    Prompt response:
      Roll over.

Forget.

It's gone now.

Safiya shifted once more, forcing the sweater back into the vague, shapeless clump of a pillow. Yes, they'd washed the pillow she'd had, cleared out all the bugs. But they never caught who did it, and besides... whoever it was, it didn't matter. She couldn't bring herself to go head down onto another pillow. Not now, maybe not ever. At least the sweater had been with her the whole time, tucked away and safely out of reach of pesky hands. It did make a pretty terrible pillow, though.

Finally, fitfully, the girl found her way into sleep. It was a thin syrup, glazing over her consciousness only long enough to make waking up again feel so much worse. She tried once more.

Go to sleep.

Roll over.

Forget.

What was that?

She was aware of the sound, without hearing. Her body, dropped down into a vat of cold sweat, left her shivering. Eyes stared blankly out the window. Something had awoken her. It must have been a sound, but the brain, still reaching for sanctuary in sleep, hadn't recorded. She had no idea what it was. Was it loud? From inside? Was it going to rain?

An image of a smile, a smirk, reappeared.

Maybe it was the prankster.

Sliding silently off the bed, she slid into her boots, lacing them up as quietly as she could manage.

Don't go out after dark.

Don't go out alone.

Forget it. Her name was out there, somewhere, on some over-hyped "scare hike" sign up sheet.

It wasn't like she was sleeping anyway.

Footsteps along wooden boards. A door, gently pressed shut. Moonlight. Clouds. Silence.

The night was cold and lonesome.

What was that?

Something rattling...

Safiya darted over, ducking low across the open space. Head and heart pounding, her body fought back against her will's vigor. She was too tired, she hadn't woken up. She needed more sleep, her limbs were wilting...

Through the bushes, she caught sight of a kalon. What was he doing out here, so late, alone? It was a kamper, no doubt. He was too young to be even the shortest counselors.

Ducking down, she waited for him to pass.

Silence. Step. step. step

Gone.

Slowly, a good solid count of ten past the footsteps disappearing, she lifted her head. What was out here? Her feet led her to the place, slowing significantly as she came close. Whatever he'd been up to... A glint of silver caught her vision, and she turned in time to see it. Dangling, high above, a bucket. She had no idea what was in it, nor did she want to. Something about this place brought out the crazy in people. Her eyes, then, followed the ground... two, three scans... What triggered it? She couldn't put it together. Shouldn't there be... some sort of branch, or a wire?

Perhaps it was better not to ask.

Wait. There was something else. Another sound. A different sound. Farther back, not here... not the way he'd gone...

She was out here, alone.

Her heart aching from exhaustion, she took a lungful of brisk night air.

Buck up.

After all, there was only one way to find out...

(featuring kh.aotic's Oliver, setting pranks in the woods)
      536 words

Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bakuraas. » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:49 am

Ooooh, spooky!

Username: Golden-Boy
Link to roll call post:clicky
Link to previous form: clicky
Prompt response:

Darrius wasn't one to sleep, on most nights, he typically would be found on his bed, taking to reading and writing instead of resting like a normal Kalon. He would be looking at his book in the pale moonlight, analyzing and trying to find out which creature on the pages would come out and find him. He came to camp with a goal, to be found by some kind of creature that could kill him if given the chance. He had tried to sleep a bit after he looked through the book a tad, but to no avail. The noise outside made sure that Darrius didn't even try to sleep without his eyes busting open into tears because he just couldn't bring it to himself to sleep. His excitement came to him far before fear did, and the hyper flipping of pages broke through the sounds of the night as Darrius searched the pages for an image, using the dull moonlight to illuminate the pages. He kept an ear out to hear for the sound from outside. He remembered something in his book about sounds like this- barely audible, yet enough to cause a bodily disturbance. He knew others would be scared, but not him, oh no. He was more than welcoming of the soft tone that was probably destroying someone's hyper sensitive ears somewhere.

Darrius found the page in the book that had exactly what he wanted. The image on the page was a creature with no eyes and a pair of extremely large ears. They looked like they were covered in sores and boils, a grotesque image that seemed to be moving on the page slowly. The cultist traced his eyes down the page, his paw moving with them to help focus his vision. The searching paused when it got to a small bit of text. Darrius squinted towards the words until his eyes could make it out in the soft moonlight. 'Calling Card; A Silence loud enough to deafen the world and disturb the heart of any mortal.'

The male seemed to almost burst out of bed in joy. This- This was what he came to kamp for. A grin spread across his face as he slammed the book closed with a loud snapping noise echoing through the cabin. He heard some campers groan in response to the other's actions, but he was too excited to care. He felt like a kit on Christmas, tossing off the covers and hopping down from his bottom bed on the bunk. The harsh feeling of wood on his paws stung slightly, but Darrius was too hyper to care. He shoved the book into a small bag of his, which was decorated with a large cross-stitched phrase. "Guide to The Cult" He heaved the bag onto his shoulder, quickly going to leave the cabin.

The creaking of the cabin's floor was extremely loud when compared to the sound that had originally woke everyone up. Typically, Darrius would've been more understanding and courteous towards the others that might've heard him chaotically rush out of the cabin. It seemed like he had his eyes set on the metaphorical prize, but he did, however, turn back and yell towards the cabin. "I'm so sorry!" He shouted as he basically slammed into the door to open it. The groans of waking from the other kampers made Darrius pause for a moment, only to jump back towards running to the forest, ready for whatever may come his way.
Last edited by bakuraas. on Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chanhee. » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:02 am

Ooooh, spooky!
    Username: whizzer.
    Link to roll call post: here
    Link to previous form: here
    Prompt response: cody was, to put it simply, exhausted. he'd thought camp would be easy- no more than what he normally went through on a day to day basis, but he was quickly proven wrong. it didn't help that there was something scuttering outside, just loud enough to keep cody from drifting back to sleep. he's not completely sure what woke him up in the first place, but it's getting annoying to not be able to fall back asleep. with a groan he sits up from his sleeping bag and stumbles to the door, shocked he didn't wake anyone up. one last look at the group of kids on the floor and he's out the door of the cabin, looking around the clearing for anything that could have made a noise that woke him up.

it takes him a few seconds for his eyes to adjust, but when they do his breath hitches. there, scurrying out of the clearing, is something he's not able to make an actual shape out of. without a moment's hesitation and despite his muscles screaming at him not to, cody takes off after the creature, sprinting into the forest in hopes to catch whatever it is. mind focused on the hopefully animal, cody doesn't see the log until it's too late and he's unable to stop himself from running into it, shins hitting wood and his body toppling over to the other side. the noise is gone once he's able to pick himself up and, palms scraped and shins bleeding, he finds himself completely and utterly lost, and now in deafening silence.
Last edited by chanhee. on Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
chanhee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neon sparks » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:03 am

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: Lieutenant sparks
Link to roll call post:
Link to previous form:
Prompt response:

Word count: 753
Ferris rose slowly, listening to the soft sounds for a few moments quietly from his bed. his large ears flicked, trying to pick out what it was. it actually sounded like metal, perhaps something was clawing at the cabin's screen door. or something had gotten into the trash cans behind the mess hall. as he thought his curiosity peeked and he slipped out of bed. pushing on his sandals and slowly opening the heavy wood door on the inside of the cabin. the cold night air hit him with a strong breeze and made him shiver, but there was no creature on the metal screen. he couldn't see anything outside thanks to the new moon. he did still hear it though, it was definitely the trash cans. he glanced back to the sleeping campers. he was glad he hadn't disturbed anyone but part of him wished he had. if it was something dangerous someone to use as a shield would be helpful. he knew he couldn't really do that though. he gave a stifled sigh and grabbed snuck over to the counsellor's bunk at the end of the cabin, stealing Iphis's flashlight before slowly backing away toward the door. he had to move very slowly, the old screen was squeaky.
it felt like ages before he was on the other side and he started heading toward the sound, which got louder as he approached the mess hall. he quietly approached the dumpster. he was quickly concerned however when he heard a crunch under his shoe. he had stepped on part of the electric fence which looked like it had been shreaded off the dumpster haphazardly. he narrowed his eyes some, what on earth could handle a shock like that when it was enough to scare off a bear? whatever this creature was it was certainly a noisy eater, he could hear it chuffing and snorting as it heaved scraps of old food out of the dumpster, the lid of which was making a constant metallic clattering that was incredibly loud now that he was so close to it.
he shinned his light on the dumpster getting a good look at the huge bushy tail sticking out of the dumpster. the creature was huge, bigger than any of the adult kalons. it had inky black fur all over it and a rear end that resembled a large wolf. it took a moment before the thing noticed the flashlight on its back and it lifted its head out of the dumpster to look back at the little kalon.
Ferris immediately regretted coming back here, the look in its pupiless red eyes sent shivers down his spine. it looked like some kind of gigantic were dog creature, having long pointed ears and a long snout where teeth poked out all along the upper jaw and made it drool all over the place.
ferris flattened his ears, moving back slowly as it poked its large black nose into his face. sniffing him with hot fishy breath that made his stomach turn. it reached for him, grabbing his shoulders. ferris finally let out a terrified shriek. it was enough to wake up the whole kamp, lights flicking on after a few minutes. the creature, however, was visibly spooked by the squeal and its ears went back. it let go of Ferris and started backing away. a flashlight was shined on them as a counsellor had come outside to investigate the screaming. the light making it yelp and jump away over the back of the dumpster, knocking the whole thing over onto its side and making a huge mess of trash.
ferris was knocked down when it jumped, watching it duck into the dark trees. he panted trying to catch his breath. the counsellor who had come out scooped him up and hurried him to the nearest cabin, yelling for everyone to stay indoors tonight before dumping him onto a bed. ferris was still shivering, not really speaking to the crowd of kids that came over to ask what that thing was. he was pretty shaken up after that. the cabin counsellor started making kids go back to bed. he could hear people outside searching the trees with their lights.

after that night a new rule was posted about not leaving the cabin at night, while the creature is still sometimes sighted poking around the cabins and eating trash. it has never actually hurt anyone and no one seems to actually be able to find it when they search.
xXXXXXXXXXXzzzxxzXXxxxxxxUsed to be Lieutenant sparks

xx
xx

┌──────────────────────────────┐
xxxxxx| my toyhou.se | | my Deviantart | | Commissons are: Open |
└──────────────────────────────┘
┌──────────────────────────────┐

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
└──────────────────────────────┘

xx
ImageImage
Neon sparks