A cozy log cabin... [Game #12 Closed!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: A cozy log cabin... [Game #4 Open!]

Postby tigressa » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:52 am

RelationSHIP advice!
Username: tigressa
Link to sign-up post: let's get down to squidness
Prompt response:
Aden smiles, a glint in his eye. Relationship advice? Easy-peasy.
"Listen old man...", he starts, "I got a man at home just like you. Quiet, courteous, hardworking-"
(He seems distracted for a moment then snaps back)
"You don't want to come on too strong, right? A casual dinner date always works. Dress up. You have nice arms!! Show them off. A crisp button up would do - and roll up your sleeves - shows just enough to let him know. Take him somewhere nice but safe. You never know if he might have allergies. Try to find out what he likes to eat."
(He thinks for a moment, squinting his eyes a little)
"What was his name again? Mark? Mike? Oh Monty!! That Richards guy...He walked like a newborn fawn on thin ice when he was on the cruise. Always had his face in a book. Easy. I'm sure he'll like you regardless of whatever you do."
(He winks)
"On the third date - which I am Sure you will have. Get him a book. He'll probably mention what he likes within the first five minutes of your first date. He's a nerd. I can't smell it. Keep the title in mind. Jot it down if you have to."
(He looks at his wristwatch)
"Well... That's all I have to say. Go get 'im, tiger!"
tigressa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nightcrawler. » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:53 am

RelationSHIP advice!
Username: Stardust Cowboy
Link to sign-up post: Fuji
Prompt response:

Reaction

"You want relationship advice... from me??" Fuji looked puzzled. "Well, I've uh, never really been in a relationship before ya know? I wouldn't really know exactly how to answer." He looked down and twiddled his thumbs while a blush crept up his neck. He'd seen plenty of romance comedy movies but he knew that a lot of them were exaggerated and never really work out for real life relationships. He would have to study more, learn the two love bird's personalities, figure out what steps they should go through, oh there was so much to do! "Well, I can certainly try my best to help atleast." he tells you.

Advice

Fuji is trying his best here. "Ok, so what you're gonna wanna help em do is set the scene," he waves his hands around, "get them to a real pretty place to set the mood. Next you're gonna wanna get them to compare things they have in common, this will help spark interest in their partner and hopefully they'll start liking each other intimately. This also might sound cliche, but them acting natural and being themselves plays a major role in an honest relationship. It'll build trust and a better understanding of what to expect down the road of love." Fuji sighs. "Now, those are just some of the basics, sometimes things just work out and don't need any forethought, people just tend to gravitate to the ones they were made to love. Fate will be the deciding factor on if they'll actually work out in the end, but I'll support them through it."

[264 Words]

RabidRhys

Nightcrawler.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catskitten » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:55 am

RelationSHIP advice!
Username:Catskitten
Link to sign-up post:Eli
Prompt response:

The two kalons were talking for a short while about the various things Carter made.
Than Carter had the nerve to look like there was a good joke to be told.
Eli loved adventure so much the thought of a secret was too good to resist.
As the secret was told by Carter Eli than had full regrets about asking and was immediately uncomfortable.
Relationship advice from Eli?
Eli doesn't talk to anyone though what did Eli have to offer for advice.
Eli was just a kalon that lived on a boat.
With two others that talked about fish and books.
Oh wait Monty liked that.
Bingo score Eli got this in the bag.
"I got short advice but its good Carter."
Eli finger guns at Carter with no fingers and walked off to find Caro the shark.

When Eli located the shark the dude was talking to Monty.
Excellent perfect Eli will help out big time.
Eli stood some feet away to not be rude and yelled advice
"Hey Carter said you were having trouble talking to Monty!
Talk about fish and books!"
Eli than paused as Shark looked dead inside and Monty was full on confused
Eli than thought up more advice and continued shouting
"Don't be nervous just be yourself! Do you like whales?! Monty loves whales make sure to talk about whales!
Ok bye now!"
Eli finger gunned no fingers and walked off.
Eli did great.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sootclan - [Login to Sta.sh]Image - My Adopts
The Collectables - Potion Creatures Lab - Babusagi Image

ImageImageImageAvatar Credit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Catskitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A cozy log cabin... [Game #1 Open!]

Postby sicknasty » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:00 am

RelationSHIP advice!
Username: sicknasty
Link to sign-up post: here
Prompt response:
relationship advice has never been levi's forte. but they've watched so many rom-coms, they know exactly how to do the big romantic confession. right?
-
hold it right there! levi surveyed the scene. caro, looking more uncertain and embarrassed with every passing moment, stood, holding a large set of signs. after a number of run-throughs where they had got progressively more mixed up, levi was now reasonably certain that they were in the right order for caro's romantic speech. nearby, a cd player stood, ready to play whale song and win the heart of the notorious whale lover, monty. are we ready? there was no time to wait for an answer, as the whale watcher himself appeared over the hill, holding the note levi had cunningly passed him and no doubt mystified by its message: "the cliffs. sunset. it will be magnificent."
leaping into action, levi turned on the hose that they had dragged to this location with a complex system of extensions, spraying water over caro like that awesome and romantic movie confession scene. perfect. with a free paw, they turned on the cd player, and whale song immediately began wailing at full volume.
caro, despite the ideal conditions for beginning his confession, seemed frozen. the cards he held in his paws - the front displaying "HELLO MONTY" - remained unturned, and as the hose continued to spray, the ink began to run. monty seemed equally immobilised. there was a very long and awkward pause, until the water from the hose splashed onto the cd player and the whale song began to skip and jump. the sudden interruption seemed to wake monty up, and he took a few cautious steps back from the whole tableau. i think- this is all very nice- i think i'd better go! this last word was almost a shout as the blue kalon made a hasty retreat towards the town.
as monty disappeared over the hill again, caro turned, his brows lowering from an expression of glazed shock to anger. realising that their great plan had gone not very awesomely at all, levi loosened their death grip on the hose, and as caro opened his mouth to begin some no doubt scathing criticism, they made their own desparate break for it over the cliffs. it worked in love actually! they called apologetically over their shoulder.
Last edited by sicknasty on Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
just not here anymore -
check out my da or add me on discord!

box - they/them or she/hers
about - my kalons - da

ImageImageImage
sicknasty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovage » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:01 am

RelationSHIP advice!
Username: fernmoon
Link to sign-up post: xxx
Prompt response: sharkbait never was good with relationship advice. though she has quite a few people around her in relationships, they never once really told anything about it besides some bits of advice here and there. from what she remembers, it was always something romantic act to show their love, but that wouldn't be enough for advice. there must be more for caro as just a romantic gesture couldn't be enough to win over someone who you just meet.

just getting to monty could easily help caro to win over monty, so that's what should be the best. then, caro would easily know what monty likes. it would help with the romantic act while confessing. sharkbait always seems to believe that just asking would be enough due to being direct enough and not confusing the other. so, she would easily recommend that with something monty really likes to do, just let caro shows that he cares. other than that, sharkbait couldn't help further than that as she doesn't dabble in relationships that much.

hopefully, what she brings to caro would be enough even though it's only been a couple of days since the cruise ship broke down. only time can tell if that would really true out to be true.

[208 words]
lovage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A cozy log cabin... [Game #4 Closed!]

Postby CSMintCat » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:30 am

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

You relay your idea to Carter in a hushed voice, with the taller Kalon nodding seriously as he takes in your plan.

"Wow, that's great advice... You really know a lot about this, huh!"

You shake your head, bashful, as you insist that you're just going with your gut! Carter ruffles your hair again, laughing good-naturedly.

"I'll be sure to tell Caro that the next time I see him, and let 'im know that he has our full support! I think he and Monty would be cute together, doncha think?"

Game number four is closed!
Any posts or further edits past this point will not be counted!
Judging will be commence shortly and results will be edited into this post, and the fifth game will be posted at rollover!

After reviewing the forms, the following users' forms have been deemed invalid for not following the rules:
-SkyGold
-RupturedRaptor
-Deercan
-【Wildfire】

The following users have won Imagex3:
-gurocora.
-★ star child ★
-c a w.
-l i i l y
-inferno.
-Eleya
-dolly
-Diamond Sapphire
-CompleteChicken
-LivvyAh
-ThatPinkThing
-qpplepie
-my.chai
-vanilla bean.
-saralaxy
-ruse
-*Starshimmer*
-loki,
-Yuroshi
-hiraeth + hound
-Nikolina
-zakuro.
-moondust405
-SilhouetteStation
-planiteri
-KokichiOma
-Stardust Cowboy
-Zith
-lonk
-Takk
-DoubleInfiniti
-FluffyBirdie
-fangsnfluff
-trans
-IlluminatiConfirmed
-Meridiem
-fernmoon
-Thani
-tigressa
-LivingLethal
-suds
-fuiuki
-Midnightkitkat
-Stephaaa
-alluvium

The following users have won Imagex5:
-Gengar.
-lovestruck
-monchy
-cyborgishly
-recherché.
-Snowflakette
-Catskitten
-waffle02
-Meduz
-rainichi

The following users have won Imagex10:
-SaltyBirb
-pangurbanka
-sicknasty
-Ethulai
-sentimental_android

The following user has won an Antique Compass! Imagex1:
-Karmel

(If you're not on any list please message me; I tried to be careful but it's possible that I accidentally skipped over copying a name to put on the list.)

Last edited by CSMintCat on Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Riddle me this - Trivia Question Number Two

Postby CSMintCat » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:00 pm

When you go to visit Carter today, you find him sitting on a tree stump behind his cabin, squinting down at a small book in his hands. After visiting him almost daily, you feel like you know each other well enough for you to stroll over to him, plopping down beside him without any preamble and raising an eyebrow in the direction of his book. Carter smiles at you, chipper as always.

"Hey there! I wanted to get better at riddles so I borrowed this book from Monty, see -he’s a really big fan of them apparently,- but I got stuck on the first page...."

You snicker a bit and he nudges you playfully, prompting you to stifle your giggles and wait for him to continue.

"Anyways, d'you have any idea what the answer could be? He seemed pretty excited about me borrowing this an' all, I don’t want to disappoint him..."

Monty seems like a sweet guy, and you'd hate for him to be disappointed too...

Poor Carter, so kind-hearted but so bad at riddles...
Maybe you should help the guy out?

"I'm alive without breath an' cold as death. I'm never thirsty but always drinkin'. What am I?"

Code: Select all
[b]Riddle me this![/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Link to sign-up post:[/b]
[b]Answer:[/b] (You don't need a prompt-y response to this; just the answer to the riddle!)

[Guidelines:]
Please title your PM "Riddle Me This #2" (without the quotations) exactly,
or it will not get sorted to the correct folder/will not be counted!
(This means you need to include the capitalization as well; I suggest just copy+pasting the title.)
Please do not edit your PMs, and remember to fill out the form!
Do not share the answer to this riddle.
If it is discovered that answers are being shared, all parties involved will be barred from further participating in any games on this thread.
I won't be replying to all the PMs, but I will post here after the round is finished with the correct answer as well as those who have gotten it right.

[End date:]
Monday, July 22nd, 2019 at 5pm EST.
Three hours before rollover.

Last edited by CSMintCat on Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A cozy log cabin... [Game #5 Closed!]

Postby CSMintCat » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:31 am

After thinking over the riddle as you go through your day on the island, you finally come up with an answer. Jogging over to Carter's cabin just as the sun was setting, you tell him the result of your pondering.

The answer to the riddle is "a fish"!

"Hey, that's pretty clever! Thanks!"

He grins and ruffles your hair, with you protesting and shoving his hand away.

"I'm sure this'll give me a jump-start in going through this book. I'm meetin' up with Monty soon to fix a loose screw in his glasses so I'm gonna return this to him then..."

Game number five is closed!
Any new PMs past this point will not be counted!
Judging will be commence shortly and results will be edited into this post, and the sixth game will be posted at rollover!

After reviewing the forms, the following users' forms have been deemed invalid for not having the correct title/not filling out the form/not following the rules:
-Soll
-Myst_c
-sicknasty

The following users have answered the riddle correctly and won Imagex3:
-Ethulai
-monchy
-trans
-Deercan
-IlluminatiConfirmed
-high noon
-minutiae
-lovestruck
-waffle02
-*Starshimmer*
-Nikolina
-FluffyBirdie
-.kaede
-phunkies
imperials
-tigressa
-76heart
-Northstar.
-SilhouetteStation
-EchoLeaf
-dimi.
-retrosolstice
-katzuvo
-skylark
-Cosmi
-Midnightkitkat
-Stephaaa
-clarke,
-Elliad.
-eros
-Lorne_Purnima
-alluvium
-planiteri
-Baylin
-AboveAspen
-kolyakun
-sapphirelion
-gurocora.
-sunny-skies
-Gengar.
-recherché.
-dragon.
-Aey
-sentimental_android
-KokichiOma
-suds
-LivingLethal
-Missing✖
-.secretsociety.
-lavender towns
-Wolfycat101
-juno steel
-DoubleInfiniti
-Stardust Cowboy
-fish-juice
-Pallis
-joybare
-moondust405
-Karmel
-l i i l y
-kh.aotic
-Olive;
-honeysticks
-ThatPinkThing
-symmetra
-my.chai
-ruse
-Novalien
-Wind Mage
-Zith
-c a w.
-rainichi
-pangurbanka
-exiide
-Snowflakette
-rnirai
-Meduz
-Madziu
-Snowlondon
-loki,
-dolly
-Drasheep
-Yuroshi
-★ star child ★
-fernmoon
-ilya
-Marsh
-hiraeth + hound
-vanilla bean.
-cyborgishly
-Theodosia
-✧ cass. ✧
-Wolfiedog3
-Thani
-SilentMelody
-boxxes
-foxycritter
-fuiuki
-saralaxy
-ufos
-I Like Bees
-Diamond Sapphire
-lonk
-Breado
-zakuro.
-inferno.
-elyx
-Meridiem
-qpplepie
-NCC-1701-D
-satyn
-PinkAngel
-Catskitten
-Peppermint Mist
-sun struck

(If you are missing from the list and you sent a correct answer, please PM/DM me; I tried to be careful but my recording program has been messing up smh.)

Last edited by CSMintCat on Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A cozy log cabin... [Game #5 Closed!]

Postby CSMintCat » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:11 pm

Hey my dudes, just a little update on the item hunt game.
Bc of the way it was set up in the past, only certain users could participate due to timezone differences.
In order to make up for that, the game will be changed a little in that it will open randomly some time between rollover and 3 hours before rollover (varying to the best of my ability).
This will, hopefully, allow more users to have a chance at participating.

(All other rules will remain the same.)
CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Shell Search - Nature Hunt Number Two

Postby CSMintCat » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:37 am

You could hear Carter before you saw him as you headed towards his cabin that day. The air in the usually-quiet clearing was interspersed with the sound of an axe meeting wood as well as the occasional grunt of effort. As you circle around the back of the cabin, you can see the cause of the noise; Carter was standing, axe in hand, beside a large pile of chopped wood. Not wanting to disturb him (or rather, afraid that you'll distract him and cause an accident,) you silently watch from a distance away by the back door of the cabin. Carter stops eventually, setting down his axe and wiping the sweat off his brow, shoulders heaving with each breath. You jump a little as he suddenly speaks, unaware that he had noticed your arrival.

"Have you met Timothy yet, over by th' tide pools? He’s a lil' upset that all the recent visitors have taken all th' shells from the beach, poor sprout."

You murmur your own sympathies for Timothy; you met him a couple of days ago and he seemed like a really nice kid. You, along with the other Kruisers, were admittedly guilty of picking up the pretty shells you spotted on the beach. Though you put most of them back, you could see how so many Kalons doing it would eventually make a difference. Not noticing (or perhaps mercifully ignoring) the guilty look on your face, Carter continued.

"I think it would really cheer him up if you could find some shells to give him to play with. What d'you think?"

You nod, filled with determination at the prospect of raising little Timothy's spirits.

Poor Timothy!
He's such a nice kid and all he wanted was to play with some shells...
Maybe you could help cheer him up?

Hidden in my posts are 15 items.
They look like this:
ImageImageImageImage
Once you have found one, post the form and the link to the found item on this thread.

Code: Select all
[b]Shell Search![/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Link to sign-up post:[/b]
[b]Link to item:[/b]

[Guidelines:]
No editing your posts!
One found item claim per person.
(Please do not post multiple links in one form, or it will be deemed invalid.)
Try not to post items already found by other users.
Do not share the locations of hidden items.
If it is discovered that links are being shared, all parties involved will be barred from further participating in any games on this thread.

[End date:]
Ends when all images have been found
or
Tuesday, July 23rd, 2019 at 5pm EST.
Three hours before rollover.

CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes