The edge of the woods.... [Final Results Up!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: The edge of the woods.... [Prompt Two Open!]

Postby Anza » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:02 pm

Ooooh, spooky!
    Username: Anza
    Link to roll call post: here
    Link to previous form: here
    Prompt response:
    Sam had sat up in bed so rapidly that her head had brushed against the wooden roof of the log cabin and, for a second, Sam found herself grateful for her short stature which had prevented her from painfully slamming her head. She stared out the window and strained her ears as much as she could to pick up the sound that had first brought her back from the land of dreams. “It’s probably a woodpecker hiding away his loot in the side of a tree...” Sam reasoned with herself until another thought came to her head. “But wait, woodpeckers are daytime birds...they wouldn’t be up this late?” Sam felt a chill go down her spin which resulted in goosebumps along her arms and her legs. “This is absolutely ridiculous!” Sam thought to herself. Before heading to bed, her cabin mates had insisted on ghost stories and here was the result: scared by the possible sounds of the outdoors. Perhaps the year she had spent in the city instead of back home on her farm had made her soft.

Grabbing her flashlight from the corner pocket of her backpack, Sam decided to go outside and see where that noise was coming from. Sam crept slowly to the cabin door in order to avoid waking the other Kalons that looked peacefully deep asleep. The door closed behind her with a tiny squeak of resistance to have been woken up at this hour, and Sam felt the cool breeze of the night air brush across her fur. The cold air was comforting, compared to the cabin behind her which was a bit stuffy from the daytime heat. Sam shone her flashlight at the woods surrounding the camp in an attempt to find what had woken her. To Sam’s surprise, the noise had stopped as soon as Sam had lifted a light to see what it was. Perhaps the animal had decided to seek its midnight snack at a different spot...”Or maybe, the monster is just afraid of the light and when you turn that flashlight off it will leap up at you and sink its teeth...” A little voice spoke in Sam’s head teasingly. “Ahh stop it!” Sam hissed at herself before quickly returning back to the cabin. “The sound had stopped and it didn’t look like anyone was out there in the middle of the night, besides a little girl frightened by too many ghost stories.” Sam reasoned. She found herself picturing Jake’s face if he had been here with her. He’d probably wake up the entire cabin to go search the forest, and call Sam a child for being scared of a little call of the wild. “I’m not a child.” Sam thought as if responding to Jake’s tease. She hurried back into bed and slowly wrapped the blankets around her. Sam kept her ears strained to here the noise but it seemed that whoever, or whatever was making them had retreated back into the forest.
costal cowgirl / law student / CS member since 2012
01/2022 UPDATE ---> I've chosen to leave the character community however,
I am keeping my closed species adopts as they mean quite a lot to me
I'm here now mostly for events
✮ ✮ ✮
Anza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allium » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:02 pm

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: //_Asher_//
Link to roll call post: boof
Link to previous form: boof x2
Prompt response:

Its hard for Alma to fall asleep, how could it not be with all of that wild glowing hair? Lets be honest, even when trapped in the worlds most obnoxious bun - that mane is basically its own living organism. But once she is asleep, you'd have more luck befriending a rabid tiger than you would trying to wake her up.
Nevertheless, duty calls! Now tame that glowing 80's poof and go hunt some spooks!

if you don't have good intentions,
please just leave me alone. i'm tired.
allium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby undead » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:54 pm

Ooooh, spooky!
      Username: túna
      Link to roll call post: x
      Link to previous form: xx
      Prompt response: when teufel's scared because something went bump in the night ,, he usually goes to his boyfriend for comfort like the scaredy cat he is !

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇ᴋᴜʀᴛɪꜱ | ʟᴠɪᴄʜᴛ
▇▇▇▇{ | | ♑︎ }

▇▇▇▇hello! proud ghost artist
▇▇▇▇▇for Cozie Critters! you
▇.▇▇▇can dm me here or on
▇.▇▇▇ discord if you need me.
▇.▇..>>▇▇▇@ooeeoo
▇.▇.▇▇▇▇art by Panya
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
undead

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The edge of the woods.... [Prompt Two Open!]

Postby Gladis » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:28 am

Ooooh, spooky!
    Username: Gladis
    Link to roll call post: :0
    Link to previous form: :00
    Prompt response:

Skrrrrrr Skrrrrrr.
    Val stirred from her deep sleep.
    "Ughhhhhhhh. Go away!" Val yelled as she turned in her bed, covering her head with a heavy layer of blankets.

Skrrrrrr Skrrrrrr.
    "Can't you do this another time? I'm tryna sleep here!" Val called out towards the darkness. She was too dazed to pinpoint where the sound was coming from. Clearly, the other kampers in the cabin were heavy sleepers since none of them stirred in their sleep. It was just Val & that annoying sound.

Skrrrrrr Skrrrrrr.
    She was wide awake now. Someone was scratching at the door. No, something was scratching at the door. Val sat up & squinted as her eyes adjusted to the darkness. Was it a monster? What if... Ugh forget it! Who cares??? I want to sleep. Clearly that monster has never gotten a good spankin' from their momma considering the fact that they're SO DAMN LOUD AT 4AM, Val thought to herself.
    "This is the last warning before I come out & beat your -"

Skrrrrrr Skrrrrrr Skrrrrrr Skrrrrrr Skrrrrrr Skrrrrrr Skrrrrrr Skrrrrrr.
    "WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY WAS"-

Skrrrrrrskrrrrrskrrrrrrrskrrrrskrrrskrrrrr (aka more intense scratching).
    Wow, rude. Didn't even let me finish my sentence. "THAT'S IT!" Val leapt out from her bed & dug through her bigass bag.
    "I knew this baby would come in handy," Val murmured to herself as she proudly stared at her beloved metal baseball bat. Of COURSE she would pack things like this. She REALLY thought Kamp activities involved dangerous activities & having a few (weak) Kampers dying.

Skrrrrrr Skrrrrrr.
    Val marched to the door & kicked it open without hesitation. "I TOLD YOU TO - huh?" Val's words were cut off when nothingness greeted her. She lowered her arms in confusion as silence greeted her. Did I accidentally sweep it away with the door? I kicked it kinda hard... Val checked the back of the door. Nope. Thank god the door is still intact though.
    "Seriously? NOW you hide? Good thing I'm a good finder, hehe." Val wandered the parameters of the cabin with the metal baseball bat resting against her shoulder blade. Nope, nothing. I even checked the bushes... Dang, I was really hoping I would be using this bat tonight. Val suddenly felt frustration & anger rise up in her chest (she feels anger rather than fear tbh).
    "YOU WEREN'T SO QUIET WHEN I WAS SLEEPING! WHY NOW??? COME FIGHT ME LOSER, I WILL EVEN FIGHT YOU WITHOUT MY BAT IF YOU COME OUT! COME 1V1 ME!!! OR BRING YOUR PALS, I CAN TAKE ON A 5V1! I SWEAR I WILL -"

"UGH SHUT UP VAL IT'S 4AM!" Someone yelled from inside the cabin. "WHY THE HELL ARE YOU SO LOUD FOR??" The kampers words made her realize how unnecessarily loud she was. She sighed & swung the bat hopelessly at her feet.
    "Okay okay jeez sorry sorry. I'm done, I swear." Val gave one last glance to the dark forest behind her before gripping the door handle.
    "Wherever you are," she whispered, "it's on."
Last edited by Gladis on Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gladis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fuiuki » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:58 am

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: fuiuki
Link to roll call post: Here!
Link to previous form: Here again!
Prompt response:

There were scary noises outside. Of course there were, what would a trip away from home be without some scary noises? But, honestly, Lucas was a brave boy! He'd heard worse sounds! He heard some really scary noises once when he went camping with his family, and nothing will ever quite beat that time. Although... just because the noises were less scary, doesn't mean it can't be something dangerous anyway... Hmm.

Although Lucas claims to be a brave boy, those who know him also know he's usually more DUMB than brave. He just doesn't gauge risks very well, though he's not gotten in any big trouble yet, thankfully. His naivety was about to rear its head again though, as Lucas made a very dumb decision... he was gonna go outside, and find the noise! Or at least that's what he told himself. He wasn't scared at all, no sir! The shaking was just the cold of the night, obviously. Why would he go outside though? To prove to himself he wasn't a scared little kid, of course!

The denial is strong with this one.

So, now the question was: wake one of his new friends up, or go outside alone? He didn't think he'd gotten close enough to any of the others to feel ok with waking them up for something like this, so... he'd probably have to go outside alone. He really didn't want to though. Maybe he'd see if anyone else was already awake?

It didn't take long for Lucas to realise that nobody else was awake, and he'd have to go outside alone. Well... better stop procrastinating and go outside already, Lucas! And so, he crept out quietly into the night.

Once outside, though... he tried to be brave, he really did. He set off towards where he heard the noises from last. And he got quite far before he heard the noises again, this time REALLY close... Lucas did the only thing anyone in such a situation could do.

"...Nope. Nope nope nopenopenopenope-" was all that was heard as he bolted back towards the cabins. No way was he investigating scary noises at night all alone, going outside was stupid! The rest of the night was spent shaking in his bed, waiting for daylight to scare the noises away.
Hello! I'm a tired person with a love for
all things creative, animals, pixel art
and aquariums.

(Ask me about making you art!)
fuiuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:08 am

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: Takk
Link to roll call post: Boop
Link to previous form: Sign Up!
:Prompt response:
Determined to ignore this pesky noise, Nala rolls back over and tugs the blankets up to her neck with a sour look on her face. Back at home, it'd probably be her room mate chewing with their mouth open at midnight, or her cat wanting food. She was good at ignoring things, but it was so quiet here it was hard to find a different noise to focus on. Crickets, the rare hoot of an owl, and that noise. A kind of thump, scratch, like something trying to get past a door without opening it.
There were kits in her cabin, so with a sigh she decided it best to chase off whatever was lurking around. Grabbing her flashlight, a fish bat (that she packed for just this situation) and her blanket; tossed over her shoulders for warmth. Wearily, she creaked open the cabin door and turned on her flashlight. It was pretty quiet now, the crickets had stopped and the noise paused as well. She skipped down the three step stairs and looked around. The noise picked up again, more aggressive this time which sent shivers up her spine.
Proceeding, she was shocked to see a big, black figure by the docks in the lake. One of the boats tied to the dock was rocking back and forth, thumping against the wood and splashing the water around. It was a rhythm clearly. Thump, splash, pause for maybe five seconds and then thump, splash again. Turning off her light for now as not to spook her prey, she quietly walks out across the dock towards the rocking boat. Flicking it back on once the black mass was visible again, she sees a brown kalon with crazy eyes and a long, snake like tail. They made a noise of surprise, sinking below the water's surface and swimming away towards the swamp. A little confused and shocked herself; having thought it to be a crocodile for sure stampered a comment after him.
"Y... Yeah, get of of here ya weirdo. People are trying to sleep." What a thing to go bump in the night...
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dimi. » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:15 am

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ooooh, spooky!
Username: Dimi.
Link to roll call post: Amorette
Link to previous form: Sign Up!
Prompt Response:
Amorette had been woken up by an unknown source, sitting up in her bed and peering towards the window. She saw several jagged branches lining the window, blocking her view. Between the branches, however, she had thought she saw something scurry by, and that something was a large figure. Her ears naturally pricked forward, one of her eyes wider than the other, something that happened when she was puzzled or curious about something. She looked around the cabin, and saw the other kampers surrounding her in deep slumbers. She was puzzled over why a single sound could wake up a kamper as fearsome as her! Surely it would be absolutely horrifying towards the other kampers! She made a heroic decision; in the middle of the night, she was going to find out what this evil lurking was, for the safety of the other kampers of course, and totally not her own curiosity.

Amorette pressed her front paws against the ground, raising up to her hind paws. Her shirt had drifted up slightly, so she quickly tugged it back down over her stomach, grabbing a hair tie off of her wrist. She tied her hair up in it's usually high messy ponytail before glancing around, her eyes narrowing as she tried to find where each silhouette was in the dark. Her eyes then lit up when she got an idea. She briefly shut her eyes, imagining she was about to perform one of her stunts. When she opened her eyes, the silhouettes of each sleeping kalon looked like red molten hot lava. She smiled, looking at the black spots that were separating the bodies from one another. With a deep breath, she darted forward, leaping off of her bed. She landed between two of the bodies, swinging her arms outward to maintain her balance. She then looked forward, her eyes locking with the door.

Without it seeming to be a hassle, she began to leap forward, occasionally dodging left and right to leap over the bodies of the other slumbering kampers. When she reached the door, she cupped her hand around the door handle, peering over her shoulder to make sure all the other kampers were still asleep before pressing her other paw against the door, forcing it open. A small creak groaned from the door, making Amorette freeze in her steps. Once the creaking stopped, she took a sharp breath in, sucking her stomach in to slip out of the small crack between the exit and the door that was partially opened. Once outside, she took a look around, finding a torch that was lit hanging against the camp entrance. She peered around, and mumbled beneath her breath as she grabbed the torch. "Surely they won't mind a hero taking this.."

She then stuck the torch outward, making her way forward towards the forest. She peered left and right, trying to find what exactly was terriozing the camp site. She briefly turned her head away, her ears perking when she made a realization. She had signed up for the test of courage, and she was absolutely positive the others in her cabin had as well, or at least the majority. With a loud gasp, she darted forward, sticking her torch outward. "Hah! I got you, counselors! You can stop scaring us now! Or at least the other kampers, I wasn't scared. Pff.." Silence followed her yell, and soon her face flushed a bright crimson from embarrassment, but she wiped her arm across her face, pretending to be wiping off sweat to hide her embarrassment so she could keep her bad-ass kit facade up.

After swinging the torch forward and finding nothing within the glowing light, she let out a sigh, and turned back towards her cabin. "Tch.. this place is haunted." She grumbled beneath her breath before making her way forward, placing the torch back where it belonged before going back in the cabin, quietly closing the door behind her.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Stars Clan // Flightrising
i'm dimi., a college
graduate just vibing.
here for stars tbh

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stephaaa » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:44 am

O H, S P O O K Y !

Username: Stephaaa
    Link to roll call post: here
    Link to previous form: here
    Prompt response:

Pip goes out to find a bear cub falling asleep with a radio playing classical music beside it. A Kamper must have left it here...
███
███
▬▬▬
░░░░
███
░░░░
░░░░
░░░░
░░░░
░░░░
░░░░
░░░░
░░░░
▬▬▬

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

▬▬▬
░░░░
░░░░
░░░░
░░░░
███
░░░░

███
███
███
▬▬▬
──── H O M E !! ────
➤ i cherish my love for doggos and puppers
and I hope you do too. have a joyful day.

──────── () ────────
Stephaaa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Avisowl » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:59 am

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: Avisowl
Link to roll call post: Image
Link to previous form: Image
Prompt response:
xxxxxxx
just
a
girl
who
thinks
she's
an
owl

xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm a night owl, and
luckily my profession
supports that. The
best ideas come to
me in the dead of
night.
xxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Avisowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby suds » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:18 am

Ooooh, spooky!
Username: suds
Link to roll call post: here !
Link to previous form: here <3
Prompt response:

( click for full size )
Last edited by suds on Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
suds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me