Katkins Fanclub

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Should the adoption limit be changed?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:31 am

No, it's perfect how it is!
No votes
Yes, increase it to allow 3 katkins per user!
43%
Yes, increase it to allow more than 3 katkins per user!
21%
No, but create more opportunities for users to win extra slots!
36%

Total votes : 14

Re: Katkins Fanclub

Postby SukarettoYanagi » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:43 pm

@Shadowflight13; congrats on Rain's promotion!

I am excited to announce that I have won my second KatKin! Everyone, meet Kahliztah- or Liz for short!
She is a young female working in the Goods career path.

Kahliztah is an extremely social Katkin. She thrives on the company of others, even if they're not the friendliest. She undoubtedly extroverted and wears her outgoing personality on her sleeves. There is rare a time she will not bare a smile on her face. Her yellow-rimmed eyes are always lit with joy and hopefulness.
Some would call her naïve while others would call her bubbly. What ever it may be, there is no doubt that Liz will brighten any room she enters. Her energy radiates off her as though she generates it from simply breathing. Truth be told it is from being around others.

Liz can be bold and daring, willing to go out of her way to do something. She is dutiful, loyal to her career. It keeps her close to others while allowing her to be helpful. There is no other path she could imagine having.
Kahliztah is creative and imaginative. Usually it is simply daydreaming about the future. However she does try to think up new and different goods and varieties of each. There is always something she is thinking up, usually unconventional. Typically the ideas are frowned upon or laughed at, but this does not dash her hopes. Liz just keeps dreaming.

She is companionate and sympathetic. She worries about others and their well-being. She wants nothing but the best for most all she meets. This worry causes her to work toward being able to make things that other Katkins can use to better their efficiency.

Kahliztah is a kind and caring Katkin. She outgoing and friendly and social at her core. She loves being around others and helping them where she can. She is creative. She likes thinking up new things. She loves the career path she is going down and is excited for the next step in her life.

And whether he likes it or not, she has dubbed herself Skua's 'best friend'. Oh boy. Hehe.

6/10/13
My cat died in my arms.
Rest in peace, baby girl.

The World
Moonrats

When the dead have something to say,
not even time can shut them up.

Sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together.
-Merilyn Monroe
SukarettoYanagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadowflight13 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:03 am

Congrats, Willow! She's so pretty and you've developed her so much already! :)

I also drew Rain again:
only here to post art and run. best way to reach me is discord (Shadowflight13#6850)

I take art commissions for USD. message me on discord if interested! <3

join me playing dappervolk :3c
Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firewolf56 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:52 am

@Shadowflight13

Duuuuude that's looking so good! You're getting really good at drawing katkins! :3

I need more sleep...
Firewolf56

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadowflight13 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:23 pm

Thank you, Firewolf!! :D

ALSO I made giftlines!! Here's a link! Anyone who wants to color them in just has to post a link to one of their katkins and I'll add you. c:
only here to post art and run. best way to reach me is discord (Shadowflight13#6850)

I take art commissions for USD. message me on discord if interested! <3

join me playing dappervolk :3c
Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catskitten » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:02 am

I never introduced myself and my katkin:/
Hello everyone im Cats
I won my first katkin in last Nov...here she is:)
Evelyn
Shes a food trainee in planning to be a candymaker:p

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sootclan - [Login to Sta.sh]Image - My Adopts
The Collectables - Potion Creatures Lab - Babusagi Image

ImageImageImageAvatar Credit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Catskitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Royal Mirage » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:32 pm

@WillowKist: Congrats on winning Liz! I love how you've outlined her character, can't wait to see more from her :)

@Shadowflight: I'm a lil late to the party, but those pics of Rain are lovely! I especially like the northern lights background, she just looks so at home in colourful places.

@Cats: A belated welcome to the community for you! I hope to see more of you in the fanclub now that you've formally introduced yourself ;) If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to hit me up ^^

And a little note for everyone - I've got a Katkin up for adoption whose contest is ending tomorrow, get your forms in while you can (I know I've been gone a while, I'm sorry)

Aaaand lastly, I finally finished this sketch dump for Olive:
You guys may not know this, but my tablet died on me a few weeks before Christmas, thus my long absence from making Katkins. But it also kept me from finishing this character exploration dump, so the linework for this is actually from early November or something xD Anyways, some context for each pic, from left to right, top to bottom:
1- Olive as a wee little kitkat - I tried to capture the look of wonder and amazement that I imagine she'd have when she first got to see her town's Harvest Fest play. It's a tradition held during the harvest every year, and was her inspiration for entering the field of education and katkinities. Her obsession with theatre has given her a flair for the dramatic and a tendency to overreact in the presence of others
2- A full length shot of Olive to get a feel for her body type; she's kinda curvy and plush, perfect for hugs <3 Not sure if I want to keep her legs that long though, I'll probably shorten them as I develop my style and draw her more.
3- Olive is notoriously scatterbrained. Or, more accurately, she's not very dependable - she gets lost in thought or distracted by new books or legends very easily, which can cause her to lose track of time.. and be late for social gatherings. She'll probably exaggerate her story to her friends, claiming she had to flee from an overzealous bread salesman or something.
4- Weird, yeah, but Olive and Cyril go waay back. Quite the mismatched pair nowadays, but in their younger years the two were bundles of youthful, mischievous companionship. They've been buddies since childhood, and though Cyril travels a lot for his job, he still can't avoid some quality time with Olive whenever she hears he'll be coming home. Oh, and she's very affectionate - hugs and cheek kissus do not compute for the grump
5- Despite being very dramatic and loving the theatre, Olive is... not a good actress. Like, at all. So when she decides to do a totally hilarious impersonation of her grumpy buddy, Cyril is not impressed. But of course, you can't fool Olive, she knows he's holding back some chortles.
Deviantart, Flight Rising, Divided We Stand, WME Challenge
I'm not the babysitter...
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby meveh » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:48 pm

@Shadowflight13 Thanks again for the gift lines! They are super cute. I'll add them to the front page soon c:
@Catskitten Welcome(belated) to the community! Congrats on winning Evelyn :>
@The Royal Mirage I've already expressed how much I love your sketch dumps, but let me say it again: The character development that you show through them is amazing! I wonder, will Olive and Cyril remain just friends, or will their relationship be something more? c; Just teasing, heh.

Data Hold has been updated for the 1/1 payday!

[ meh·vay ]
I used to be PuddingWaffles

| toyhou.se | dA | katkins | ooo |
| one eighty | arcadia |

Interested in commissioning me?
Hit me up on dA,
as I don't do commissions for CS currency ♡
meveh
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Royal Mirage » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:42 pm

@meveh- mmm that's yet to be decided xD I'm still figuring out Olive's character, and I never really pictured Cyril settling down, but I do like their grump and not-so-grump dynamic. Guess we'll see in time, but for now I really like their interactions as friends. I've been thinking up a lot of their childhood activities, and may end up making that my next sketch dump; though I'd like to dedicate one just to Olive next time and see what comes up, too many choices really lol.
Deviantart, Flight Rising, Divided We Stand, WME Challenge
I'm not the babysitter...
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LadyChinaAru » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:33 am

@meveh + The Royal Mirage
I agree with Meveh, I love your sketch dumps! plus I just love thier relationship and thier way if they'r just going to stay friends or become aromatic it's still cute! :D maybe if I get a female katkin I'll put her with Ivan but I'm not 100% sure yet cause my sweet grump dose get lonely but they'd have to be able to deal with his stern voice and always grumpy expression.plus i would have to save up some money to get a incense for them but I'd probably just get Lavender incense cause they would only really need one kit love and maybe another one later on :)

Also I'd like to have a Ru-Ru made for Ivan, I already know what bird I would like it to be kinda based off of and I may not have c$ but I could offer some pets? :? If anyone's interested please PM me!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
:D ~Feb: 14 My B-day!~ :D
ImageImageImage Image
LadyChinaAru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firewolf56 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:35 pm

Hnnn I'm in love with the new katkin up. Natural colors slay me. *^*

Already drew a few pics for the comp, but now I'm very much in a drawing mood. If anyone wants me to draw their katkin, send me a PM, no cost! Only three slots open, though, so I guess I'll keep them down here. Tryout art counts too, though if you don't win it's gotta go to the winner!

1. -WillowKist
2. Shadowflight13
3. Glomp

And to bolster some activity in the fanclub, how's about some more questions? Just for fun!

Code: Select all
[b]What's your katkin's alignment (chaotic, neutral, lawful; evil, neutral, good)? Why?:[/b]
[b]Do your katkins know anyone else's? If so, how do they feel about them?[/b]
[b]Is your katkin much different from when they were a katkitten?[/b]
[b]Does your katkin WANT katkittens?[/b]
[b]Does your katkin have any new years resolutions?[/b]
[b]How does your katkin feel toward holidays?[/b]
[b]How does your katkin deal with sickness?[/b]
[b]Does your katkin like winter? If not, what's their favorite season?[/b]
[b]What's your katkin's number one annoyance?[/b]
Last edited by Firewolf56 on Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

I need more sleep...
Firewolf56

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me